Old mini pets

Old mini pets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Come on! You only have 24 hours left!!

Come on!! Get them now!

Ow wait, you buy them and 3 week later they are back.

How much money you wanna grab?

I don’t agree with this, you said only a limited time and now the tiger cub is back for sale.

This is really not fair, I never buy stuff like that from gem shop again.

What u guys think of this?

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ah cool, didn’t even see this. Now I can buy the one I missed, thanks for the heads up

Not sure what the issue is though..people contsnatly complain they miss out on stuff due to small windows, so they put them back in for a ltd time. Anet gets more money, ppl get more chnaces at the mini. Win/win

Old mini pets

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree it’s strange but I don’t really see why you’re annoyed by this. It’s not like you’re being forced, or even encouraged, to buy them again just because they’re back on sale.

You can only use one mini at a time anyway so you don’t need repeats.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Old mini pets

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

At least they’re account bound, so they don’t affect the TP market. But these “limited” sales do spike the gem price when buying with gold, and that does kinda suck. But on the bright side, most people aren’t gonna be suckers for too long, so certain business practices will have to change once their revenue is all dried up.

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Funny that everyone complains about temporary content, then they bring some things back and people complain that they brought it back. Perfect example of how they can never win.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Huh that is weird. Oh well, more they sell the better in their eyes. I don’t really care though.

No kitten though. Since thats next weeks.

Old mini pets

Magnetron.5823

No I bought the lion cub because I want to stand out, so that ppl say a few months later:

Oh hey how did you get that awesome lion cub :OOO

Ohh I bought this on a limited time period!

Oh its so cute I wish I had it too((

-

But no, they just put it back 3 week later, can I refuned it for gold?

Old mini pets

Danikat.8537

Even if they didn’t put it back up (for a whole 3 days) that will probably never happen.

I have all the rare/limited time minis except the Wintersday box ones and use them regularly and the most I’ve ever gotten was “Oh cool, you have XYZ, I have it too!”.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I wish we could see the white kitten because I want to buy one of these pets but want to see the kitten first and don’t want to miss the chance on the others if I don’t like the kitten as much <3

Old mini pets

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

It’s still only back for a few days only, so it’s still limited enough in my book.
I was really glad when I saw the announcement.
Though a mini pet isn’t that much of a big deal in GW2, I was pretty bummed for missing out on the mini hippo. I’d have understand if it would never be for sale again, but I’m really happy I got a second chance to get it, and I don’t care if I’m the only one with the mini hippo or that everyone and their mum has one.

Thank you Anet! I promise to feed him only the best lettuce from Beetletun Farms. <3

Attachments:

Old mini pets

Magnetron.5823

I just want them to acknowledge the fact on sales that they wont come back, I don’t care if they account bound.. When I pay 10 euro on a stupid mini (limited sale) I don’t want to see it back 3 week later. That’s just not fair

Old mini pets

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

not fair because now other people might enjoy it and they don’t deserve to because you got it first

Old mini pets

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hang on..you bought it because you wanted people to say you were awesome because you had it…but now you say it is a stupid mini….

Anyway, the community has been overwhelmingly asking for content and items to come back that were temporary or limited. In this case, that is what they have done.

Old mini pets

Danikat.8537

Although the fact that they’re only back for an extra 3 days and they’re doing it before the kitten has been released makes me think it’s because there was a bug with it that stopped some people being able to get them during the normal time period, rather than bringing them back because there was high demand for it.

I haven’t actually seen anyone complaining that they couldn’t buy them, but I haven’t seen anyone asking for an extension on sales either.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

(Shrug) Stores everywhere have sales when and on what they want. They do it to make money. They never said these were one time only items.

So, now you know. If it’s on sale it will likely be on sale again at some point. Just like every thing else for sale in the world.

Old mini pets

Magnetron.5823

No I bought something because it had : "" LIMITED SALE " So I think WOW awesome! I have this Lion and it will be LIMITED!

Then some salesman say, HEY HEY HEY! Lets put the cub out again!

Now I think, why I spend the 400 gems ?

Old mini pets

Magnetron.5823

But NP guys, I wont be tricked again.. I wont buy gems anymore.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

the tiger cub is back for sale.

No I bought the lion cub because I want to stand out

I’ve found the problem.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Old mini pets

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Funny that everyone complains about temporary content, then they bring some things back and people complain that they brought it back. Perfect example of how they can never win.

There is only one thing I can say with absolute certainty about MMOs and their players.

No matter what happens, someone will complain about it.

Old mini pets

Magnetron.5823

Im sorry but why don’t you guys see my problem.

Anet advertise with! : " Get you one of a kind mini ! Be fast!!! Only 24 hour!!

And then 3 week later they put it back on sale. I mean.. wtf!

Old mini pets

Astral Projections.7320

Im sorry but why don’t you guys see my problem.

Anet advertise with! : " Get you one of a kind mini ! Be fast!!! Only 24 hour!!

And then 3 week later they put it back on sale. I mean.. wtf!

Ok. You bought it because you wanted to stand out. If, for arguments sake, 50% of the people currently playing bought it the first time it was out and displayed it, you no longer would like it?

You don’t buy things that are both cheap and widely available if you ‘want to stand out’. You buy them because you like the way they look.

You want to stand out, you buy rare and expensive. Not cheap and common. And expect shops that have something on sale, to have it on sale again later if the money was good. They ALWAYS will say, limited time on sale blah, blah, blah. That’s marketing.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The item in question was on sale for a limited time. Then it wasn’t on sale, or for sale. Now it is on sale for a limited time, again. Not sure where it said ‘exclusive, never to be sold again’. Remember, to assume is to make a fool of …well, you know how the saying goes.

Kind of offtopic – it is funny how some complain when things are temporary, and some complain when they are not. So hard to please everyone, impossible, really.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Nippe.2309

Nippe.2309

What some people maybe don’t understand is that mini pets in GW2 are made for display/collection purposes. Why else would you buy something that doesn’t affect your game? Of course people feel ripped off when a “limited” offer is put back in the store.

The “limited” part was the whole sales pitch! They wouldn’t have made as much money if they didn’t put the “limited” on it.

There’s no logic behind fooling the community like this except hunger for more money. ArenaNet should have been more clear with the sales.

In stead of “Limited sale” it should have been: “Buy this pet now or buy it the next time that we want more money.”

Old mini pets

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

they shouldnt write “limited” if its not really limited. I like to buy items that are somewhat exclusive and makes you stand out. I dont mind that others get it as well but they shouldnt advertise it as limited if they’re gonna put it in the gem store again a week later. hopefully they only do it this one time to give people a second chance. totally agree with what Nippe said above btw ^

Old mini pets

Astral Projections.7320

Limited meant, it was for sale for those days and is not for sale continuously. It doesn’t mean it will never be for sale again.

That’s marketing for you. Every company does this.

Next time you see limited, by either ANet or any other company, you should understand it doesn’t necessarily mean what you want it to mean.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Ok, a little example of a real world situation that does this – I have a car called a Vauxhall Corsa, Opel Corsa for countries that have Opel instead of Vauxhall. Anyway, it is labelled as a “limited edition” car and has a badge on the side that says “limited edition” yet there are more limited cars on the road than there are of the higher spec’ed models simply because it sells well.

They started out limited but it made them so much money they kept manufacturing them and get away with it because every good company has a loophole they can use in case of situations like this. I know a car and a game are two completely different things however, same situation and they are just businesses. Not saying I agree with the car thing but it’s not the end of the world, I still love my car and this game is no where near as extreme as that so really no reason for complaint.

Old mini pets

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Most of the cubs would have been sold on the first time round in the first place. Even without the second round sale you will not be standing out. Its 400 gems, thats like only 12g.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

It’s listed as a “LIMITED TIME” sale not just limited sale, big difference.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Old mini pets

Posted by: MakJulos.6530

MakJulos.6530

“Limited time” or “limited sale”, who cares- most players shopping will believe they’re getting their hands on something special….

It’s very clever- claiming something is limited edition and/or sold just for a limited time, ofc that attracts ppl that believe they’ll get a special item that not everyone has or will be able to get, ofc more will buy these items when it’s possible.

Maybe it’s just as clever putting these items back up for sale a while later, selling a bunch more to the ppl that missed out first tim- ofc a few of those who bought the things first time out will feel cheated, but i guess it’s all about business in the end….

Myself i might buy stuff from gem store in future also, but i’m done with “limited time” gadgets- i’m actually thankful i learnt so early how this is run.

Swedish ex-SWG dinosaur, cheez doodles ftw!

Old mini pets

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Maybe the Commerce team weren’t satisfied with the amount of sales.

I was hoping for a Mini BabyTurtle, personally. :P It’s kinda like Steam I guess, they do tons of limited time sales and do an encore of some of those sales towards end of sale event.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Old mini pets

Posted by: Xam Aran.2036

Xam Aran.2036

My wife was very happy they came back for a short period. She missed the first opportunity on them, and was delighted when she had a second chance to get the baby hippo. Wife happy makes me happy, I have no problem with it.