Old player coming back; what's new?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Title.

I stopped playing a month or so after Fractals were implemented so its been a while.

I know there’s living story but that never really interested me. I’m wondering what kinds of core gameplay changes there have been.

Also, what’s the new file size? Thanks.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Leveling is now a pain.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Leveling is now a pain.

What changed?

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Look the NPE changes. The new player experience made traits a real pain to unlock, low level areas got dumbed down, and class mechanics are available at higher levels, for instance you can’t use earth attunement before level 22 or so as an ele.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Only on chars created after april 2014 tho so your already made chars are safe mate

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, the NPE has nothing to do with the Trait change. Two different Feature Patches, entirely. I’m not sure why people confuse and combine the two.

If you really want to catch up on the changes, you can peruse this page: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Welcome return!

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Title.

I stopped playing a month or so after Fractals were implemented so its been a while.

I know there’s living story but that never really interested me. I’m wondering what kinds of core gameplay changes there have been.

Also, what’s the new file size? Thanks.

Welcome back.

The games has changed. Leveling is a piece of cake. Personal story comes in blocks when leveling. Fractels are interesting and fun to run with friends. Enjoy the game.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

They added 5 fractals. 2 of them is just a single boss fight. They also removed one of the explorable dungeon and added a new one called aetherblade. The new aetherblade dungeon is comparable in length to arah.

You get better reward for doing struture pvp now. There is pvp track.

There is a new WvW map called EOTM. Most people use this map to level faster, farming karma, or badges of honor. Since people just keep flipping objective and not really defending much.

They added 2 maps which is kind of like orr. Where you have events you can farm stuff called dry top, and silverwaste.

They added some living story(which is kind of like your personal story). Where you do instanced story line.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Well you missed all of Season One of the Living Story, so you don’t know anything about Scarlet, but that’s ok because it wasn’t a very good story. Living Story season two is go, but I’m pretty sure you’d have to buy it to unlock it or something since you weren’t around when they were released. It’s a pretty good story, and there is some interesting stuff in it.

Other than that, the game is basically the same game it was two years ago.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• The leveling experience is horribly tedious now.
  • They’ve added fewer than 10 new skills into the game; none in the past year.
  • Dungeons: the added one dungeon path (and removed one!). Recently they announced “no more dungeons.”
  • WvW has had a few changes: the BLs have a PvP-like region in the middle where the lake used to be. People generally avoid it. A map was created “EotM,” ostensibly for people to play when there are queues and for testing new WvW features except there are no more queues (do to stale game mode) and nothing has been tested in EotM — it’s clear the only reason it was created was to prevent horrid queues for the China launch. EotM is now 100% karma train (what the QD train used to be, they killed that train by the way).

That’s about it. Roughly, the game was pretty much in its completed form when you left the game.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

There’s ascended crafting.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Look the NPE changes. The new player experience made traits a real pain to unlock, low level areas got dumbed down, and class mechanics are available at higher levels, for instance you can’t use earth attunement before level 22 or so as an ele.

Traits was earlier and NPE is a recent change. Why the hell do people lump the two together. And have zero understanding of the NPE. Other than saying it’s tedious. Other than levelling up faster from 1-15. And then goes back to normal 20+. Low levels are exactly that; low. But if you want to spend time hanging around low level areas, knock yourself out.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Everything is still RNG…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

• The leveling experience is horribly tedious now.
  • They’ve added fewer than 10 new skills into the game; none in the past year.
  • Dungeons: the added one dungeon path (and removed one!). Recently they announced “no more dungeons.”
  • WvW has had a few changes: the BLs have a PvP-like region in the middle where the lake used to be. People generally avoid it. A map was created “EotM,” ostensibly for people to play when there are queues and for testing new WvW features except there are no more queues (do to stale game mode) and nothing has been tested in EotM — it’s clear the only reason it was created was to prevent horrid queues for the China launch. EotM is now 100% karma train (what the QD train used to be, they killed that train by the way).

That’s about it. Roughly, the game was pretty much in its completed form when you left the game.

People complain about grind all the time and the fact that Anet is that evil monster, doing everything the wrong way. If taking just a single change aside from your lovely negative list, we can actually name the account bound ascended gear, making it easier for alot of people to avoid tons of grinding.

None mentions it though. Because every good change is something that should have been there since launch, it is just normal to have the good and absurd to experience any thing bad. You are not to blame though because even outside this game, people take all the good for granted. Democracy, freedom, education, food, money… most people have all these things in the west and still complain to no end. It is actually good to complain because there is alot to be improved but when people slowly start to forget all the good things that you have, taking them for granted, you know that those people are still naive and have alot to learn to mature up.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Ascended armour added which is better stats than Exotic which is a travesty in my opinion.

Levelling stats now comes in blocks meaning you are usually much weaker than yout level suggests.