Old vertical camera position

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valthan.9127

Valthan.9127

The patchnotes said, there is a new vertical camera option, so i tested the sliders.
The problem is now, that i am not able to get my old vertical position back, because i forgot to take a screenshot.
I know that i had vertical at default + “adjust to character height” checked, but the new default option brings my char to the buttom of the screen.
When i put the slider to the left and zoom in and out the camera goes in a straight line, but it feels that my camera is too low.
Where do i have to put the sliders, to get the old default camera positions back?

Info: I play a medium size human male

Attachments:

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The “Far” slider affects your vertical height when well zoomed out. Slide it to the right to get a higher view. The “Near” slider minimally changes the height when zoomed out but greatly affects it when zoomed in. So slide that to the left if you want to see your whole body when the camera is near you.

Basically wiggle the sliders around at max zoom and when close in and you should be able to get it to a good setting. Now, if you like to fight with the camera close (I can’t, I get motion sick), I’m not sure what settings will work for you. But here is how I have it for a good view just running around AND a good character view zoomed in:

Attachments:

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

On the one hand, I’m glad they are giving us these options.

On the other hand, it’s really, really frustrating having to futz with things to try and get something that works each time.

Not only am I struggling with this slider, but it seems to have affected how the Zoom Sensitivity works.

Edit: Whew, think I got it.

Now, back up to ‘one the one hand’: Thank you!

P.S. – Could we get an option to enable/disable automatically adjusting the camera, to our near/far settings, when we perform activities like sit, sleep, kneel, etc (though probably not dead)? Can’t ever get a close up of that.

For me records…

Attachments:

(edited by notebene.3190)