Omnoberry Pie +100% crit chance = hilarity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Title says it all. 100% chance to crit + 66% to do 375 armor ignoring damage and heal that much + Spatial surge or any other multi hit ranged attack = extreme amounts of self healing hilarity.

Tested this on my mesmer today (Knights/divinity gear with some zerk gems to balance it out). I was getting extreme amounts of health back very quickly, and an absolute ton of armor ignoring procs.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Isn’t there an internal CD to the life steal?

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Yeah, I’m kind of surprised they’ve let it go as long as they have. I always open the patch notes expecting to see the addition of an internal cooldown. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

AnemoneMeer.7182

Isn’t there an internal CD to the life steal?

Not really, but most of the time, you can’t legitimately push the lifesteal for all it’s worth, due to RNG, squishyness, and the like, unless you’re in direct combat.

It’s more for sheer hilarity value than it is viable in WvW, as thieves still oneshot you, and ghost pepper poppers are still a better damage ramp tool if you’re spamming multi hits. It only really shines on a few class/build combos, but it’s absolutly hilarious.

For the record, Ghost pepper popper + stuff like the ranger arrow barrage, can generate 10 or so might almost instantly, and I’ve honestly seen it go as high as all 25 might in a few cases.

(edited by AnemoneMeer.7182)

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

And that is why consumables with procs are basically required as a survival strategy in high level fractals right now. Expect them to be hit by the nerf bat fairly soon.

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

The moment this consumable is nerfed (for instance, by giving it internal CD), Warriors will become a liability in Fractals. This will also severely impact ranged DPS profession builds, such as SB Rangers, SB Thieves, GS Mesmers and the like. Melee being mostly not worth it outside special circumstances is yet another can of worms. Overall, having to rely on consumables and build/tactic gimmicks is a direct result of how dungeons are designed, and how individual professions fit in them.

(edited by Demosthene.2195)

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It is funny for sure as my pve build is build around the lifesteal crits. If this gets nerfed I’m gonna start doing far less damage to get that survivability up again.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

works wonders with high crit-chance greatsword/off-hand axe build.
lots of hits, lots of crits.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Why people? Why? It’s perfectly legitimate.

Magummadweller

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

That’s what they said about a salvaging a certain crafting recipe too. I’m not taking any chances with this game anymore.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Stiff.5921

Stiff.5921

How is it legit when the sigil of blood heals and damages for around 475 but has a 5 second cooldown. Don’t kid yourself, the nerf is coming soon. Might as well unload those pies and roll with the punches.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s great how food it like 3-4 times as effective as a complete set of Superior Runes.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Maybe they should buff runes/sigils to make them more useful instead of nerfing a consumable.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

What is hilarious is that even with a pile of traits the necromancer can’t get close to these numbers.

I sometimes see claims of effective vampire necro builds, but usually they include the runes, the pie, or both, meaning that the effects of the 30 points of traits are dwarfed by a rune set and a consumable.

AnemoneMeer.7182

Food as a whole lacks GCD. If they added it for Pies, they’d add it for everything.

Besides, you can’t use them in sPvP, and everyone can get them cheap.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

What do you mean you can’t use it in WvW?

Nevermind. Stealth edit

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

sounds like something you would see in a game like diablo3 and not so much an MMO.

funny regardless. even more hilarious that even specific builds (vampire necros) with the right runes and the likes cant even touch this.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Maybe they should buff runes/sigils to make them more useful instead of nerfing a consumable.

I’m hoping a lot of things (skills, traits, consumes, rune, sigils, the works) get buffs so you can really feel their affect, to me it could make the game 100%’s of percent more fun in combat. Sure you have to bring up the enemies, but I want to feel the affect of these nuances a lot more. This goes back to GW1 and PvE and PvP not meshing perfectly together in the name of fun. What is subtle maybe what is needed in PvP, but it holds back entertainment value a lot in PvE.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

They need to change all these things to “on hit” instead of “on crit” because it provides too much synergy with precision/crit as a stat relative to power and other stats. That includes all the “on crit” sigils.

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

Don’t dream, Anet is quite famous for nerfing not buffing.

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Nothing to nerf here. You don’t need this for any sensible fractal level (and frankly none of the lvl 50+ runs I’ve seen employ such foods despite they are well-known).

As for WvW, everyone has equal access to these foods, yet they don’t get used much despite being well-researched and tested as well. In fact, most people don’t bother with foods at all despite there are plenty of cheap foods with good effects.

In sPvP, you can’t use these.

Posted by: Inkubus.7529

Inkubus.7529

100% crit chance is not too much and not need to be nerfed. I play high crit berserker ele and these crits comes very handy but it is PvE only and for dungeons (but not all dungeons if there is no dedicated healer). It is very demanding on player skill as this high damage can be a burden for a whole party if such glass cannon die too often. Having 11K health and no toughness at all, it is really hard to remain alive. PUGs are usual problem. But if some well built team is there, 100% crit chance with 215% crit damage is really beneficial to the party.

Inkarius [ele] Inkores [war] Inkratos [ran] Inkariosa [nec] MaINK The Liar [thf] Inklusion [msmr]

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

Now if we could only direct heal other players, this would be a start on making the combat less braindead stupid because the encounters have to be designed around shallow mechanics rather than trinity.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Now if we could only direct heal other players, this would be a start on making the combat less braindead stupid because the encounters have to be designed around shallow mechanics rather than trinity.

My warrior is a shouts heal build, I use the shouts regardless of whether the party are fighting. I can direct heal. The same goes for anyone granting regeneration. Just because youre not traited/skilled for healing doesnt mean there isnt a way to heal your party. By the sounds of it youd rather trait for higher damage/defense than for healing, yet still expect a party heal skill.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

(edited by Thereon.3495)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

This is why WvW is so broken, none of this should be even allowed in there..

Posted by: Kagee.8470

Kagee.8470

I agree with this post. My non backstab thief build will be 100% not viable after this. it benefits every class so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t buff the Sigils. Just getting rid of more builds with this.

Posted by: RocNessMonster.9620

RocNessMonster.9620

Totally agree. This game highlights what makes trinity so popular with developers. GW2 doesn’t have much strategy at all besides dodge red circles, kill adds and zerg rush the boss.

(edited by RocNessMonster.9620)

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

How is it legit when the sigil of blood heals and damages for around 475 but has a 5 second cooldown. Don’t kid yourself, the nerf is coming soon. Might as well unload those pies and roll with the punches.

The main difference is that theres a price. They go for almost 5s a pop. It’s a gold sink that will disappear if they nerf it. Not sure they’d see that as worth the risk.

Hickeroar.9734

This is why WvW is so broken, none of this should be even allowed in there..

Why? Everyone had access to the TP. They can ALL buy them if they want. If you value a MF boost over staying alive, that is your choice. (Just an example)

Hickeroar.9734

What I want to know, though, is how you achieved 100% crit chance. I have a fully berserker geared elementalist, and even food buffed I’m only at about 75% crit chance.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

For what it’s worth, the omnomberry pies/ghosts don’t do the damage. You just gain the health.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Hickeroar.9734

For what it’s worth, the omnomberry pies/ghosts don’t do the damage. You just gain the health.

For argument’s sake, I will say that they give you a +70 precision boost. If they’re going to nerf anything, they should remove the boost, so you’re only getting those procs if you “deserve” it.

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

How are people getting 100% crit?

Is this including Fury up?

Posted by: Kagee.8470

Kagee.8470

I’ll probably quit if they change this to be honest, it would make a lot of unique builds worthless

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

For argument’s sake, I will say that they give you a +70 precision boost. If they’re going to nerf anything, they should remove the boost, so you’re only getting those procs if you “deserve” it.

That’s like 3% crit chance. Really not a big deal.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Hickeroar.9734

How are people getting 100% crit?

Is this including Fury up?

That’s what I asked. I don’t think it’s actually possible.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

- Full berserk gear
- Divinity runes – here will be probably some runes with higher precision
- 30 points in firearms
- Power, prec, crit dmg Ascended accessory and back from Fractals
- 25 stacks from Superior Sigil of Perception
- Master Maintenance Oil
- Bowl of Curry Butternout Squash Soup (or other with +100 precision)
- Fury

This add you 97% crit chance without any traits like Scope or Target the Weak.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Scope is bugged and doesn’t work, just fyi.

[SFD] – Maguuma