On Botting and What We’re Doing About It

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kvitebjorn.7681

Kvitebjorn.7681

WOW!! We have been asking and begging for a mod to answer us about this Bot plague, and this is all u have to say? Why dont you just say "Stop bothering us with bot questions, we A# get rich from em or B# we simply dot know how to handle it…

But this was just a smack across the face to the honest Players…

Welcome to Guild Bot, the BOT friendly MMO…(aslong as u pay tax)

Hug your local GM :)

Posted by: RSAMaximus.2095

RSAMaximus.2095

Paladine.6082
I wish we had the same bot problem in Borlis Pass as most of the people seem to have in this forum. I wish we only had 5 or 10 bots at our DE’s. Currently at Penitent (both ends) at Cursed Shore we have in excess of 30 bots increasing at a rate of 3-5 per day – they are pretty kitten smart too. We have, it seems, Bot Guilds on Borlis Pass (or certainly lots of bots are in the same handful of guilds) and our bots like to send party requests too.
Orr is completely unplayable now, the DE’s at Penitent are so infested you don’t even see the mobs anymore there are soooo many bot the games cannot draw them and the mobs fast enough so you are lucky if you catch a couple of waves.
We have been reporting the same bots for over 3 weeks and still they remain. Nothing is being done. Maybe we should organise a mass “We won’t play with bots” protest where all real players simply refuse to login for a period of 24 hours in protest at ANet’s lack of action.

Well said there friend i said same thing 2 days ago and got a warning in personal mail i will be banned for saying stuff like that…..

@ Meinkie really you worried about us posting bots names wow get a grip kitten and see there is a issue going on and we need answers instead u are worried about names OMG really im shocked and speechless

Posted by: RSAMaximus.2095

RSAMaximus.2095

over 450 replies to this thread and over 76 000 views and nothing from GM’s that makes any sense or give any info on whats going on what are we as a paying players suppose to do?? reporting fails….. so what now GM’s why not send some of your dev’s to those places they play the game dont they ??

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Not sure on how things are going in other servers, but in mine, (Piken Square) the bots are even more than the actual players in areas, and NO, i am not exaggerating, this is actually true.. They hinder heart areas by simply slaying the creatures there, and i’m starting to get sore fingers by pressing the report button on them..

Do you honestly think reporting 60+ bots / day is a natural thing to do? Sorry to disturb your “We’re working on it” utopia, but whatever you’re doing, do it FAST, as it’s starting to literally disturb our fun, not to mention the impacts of the game’s economy if they start “selling high” in order to force people to buy gold..

I know you’re busy people, but if you neglect an issue, it’ll grow big and it will be difficult to deal with.. So far you’re simply letting botters take over the game.. Healthy? I think not..

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

Shoot at this point, put some application up…..hire some of the community to patrol zones for NO PAY spotting and logging bots and having power to summon a real GM to the spot to ban. Pick about 20/30 people per server based on play time/willingness to do it and your set. No special powers needed for them to have to use but a direct line to a real GM and you fixed the problem.

Trust me, you would be flooded with people wanting to help you fix your game for free, save the company money AND save the company reputation at the same time.

We know the spots to check, we know the bots already, regular reporting by everyone doesnt seem to help so…let us help fix it.

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

That’s assuming they want to fix the problem, they want to ban in waves, after a few months so the botters can make a profit mind you, so that everyone profits. Well except the regular players, but we already payed so who cares.

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

That’s assuming they want to fix the problem, they want to ban in waves, after a few months so the botters can make a profit mind you, so that everyone profits. Well except the regular players, but we already payed so who cares.

I was trying to have faith. I tend to cling to the belief gaming companies TRY to do good….even when I probably shouldn’t sometimes.

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

The enemy of your enemy is not alway’s your friend……

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

Do you honestly think reporting 60+ bots / day is a natural thing to do? Sorry to disturb your “We’re working on it” utopia, but whatever you’re doing, do it FAST, as it’s starting to literally disturb our fun, not to mention the impacts of the game’s economy if they start “selling high” in order to force people to buy gold.

Cannot be emphasized enough. Without any hyperbole, the botting is destroying the economy here on Anvil Rock, and as the end game is so focused on gathering resources, the bots all over Cursed Shore, Malchor’s Leap, and Straits of Devastation make it even worse.

And it’s not just bots in game, either. Thanks to the “man in the middle” hacks on the Trading Post, it’s getting harder for humans to actually trade – you need to have a computer to manage buy orders now, thanks to the virtual daytraders.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I never usually bother to check these forums as most of the time I’m too busy having fun in game, BUT…

The army of bots is just too ridiculous to ignore anymore. I’ve reported most I’ve come across, but there’s too friggen many and the ones I report are still there camping the same spot for days, sometimes weeks later!

I’m sorry ANet, you’ve let this get way out of hand and if it’s not fixed FAST, I’m done.

Shame… You have a quality game here, but your priorities seem to be way out of wack or you’re simply not up to the task of fixing some glaring issues.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

This is really my biggest problem with the game right now. I’ve reported numerous bots over the past few weeks but they are still there. I see more bots than legitimate players nowadays.

Asacledhae.2650

Cannot be emphasized enough. Without any hyperbole, the botting is destroying the economy here on Anvil Rock, and as the end game is so focused on gathering resources, the bots all over Cursed Shore, Malchor’s Leap, and Straits of Devastation make it even worse.

And it’s not just bots in game, either. Thanks to the “man in the middle” hacks on the Trading Post, it’s getting harder for humans to actually trade – you need to have a computer to manage buy orders now, thanks to the virtual daytraders.

The plague is spreading, even as we speak.. I’ve checked areas bots starting to appear, and at day 1, it’s just a lone “Ranger”.. At day 2, they’re 5 lone “Rangers”.. At day 3, they’re two groups of 5, and goes on.. All of them in the <@#$!?> same area! Eventually, all you see in the area is a rain of arrows that wipe out everything that moves, hindering gameplay..

Seriously, if this keeps going and no actions are taken, the real player database will thin over countless botters who will literally take over the game.. And i don’t mean actions like Punkbuster or nonsense like those, as they don’t work..

I hope ArenaNet’s silence about the matter is due to a hidden “nuke” they’re planning to unleash on them botters out there, which will come on the next maintenance (i do hope so) and end this stupidity before it ruins Guild Wars 2.. This is one of the best games i’ve ever played out there, and it’s a shame to see it getting a bad reputation, especially after a few months of release..

Posted by: Strucker.8274

Strucker.8274

I’ve probably reported 30-50 botters in the last hour alone, this issue is very frustrating, not only that but it really wears you down as a player, personally I don’t even know if I want to report them anymore because it is taking the fun out of the game.

On a lighter note, c’mon ANet just tranform me into a level 160 Champion Risen Abomination problem solved I’ll roam the server slaughtering botters en mass, note: skill key 5 must be teabag animation!

Posted by: Cafe Broly.1648

Cafe Broly.1648

now we have 100+ botting in every map
thanks the great and powerful Anet

Posted by: weli.8760

weli.8760

This is the single biggest thing thats going to drive me away from this game. The first MMO i’ve actually wanted to play in years and theres apparently no GM support. I’ve reported the players, reported specific server and location in this thread and coming up to a week later and exactly the same player names are farming the same place every time I visit the location.

Now a second team of bots (also reported here and ingame) have moved from one spot and moved to where the first team of bots where. They now don’t even care about a champ troll and zerg him down with shear numbers

The location is Frostgorge Sound, Gunnars Hold btw. There must be at least 10-20 bots just in the locations I visit. I don’t even want to play the game anymore with these players around

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

MORE bots.. they never end.. Anet does nothing and share little info if they are even trying to stop this.

Do not tell me to report a bot, when I have done it TEN times this week and still see the same bots in the same area doing the same thing for a week..

Sorry but for 7 days, I have told you where they are.. for 7 days they are there,, and you tell me to report them which I have just done for 7 days..

How does Anet thinks this works ok?

Oh and if you open anything related to BOTS on the boards, they close it ASAP.. Of course quicker then they could deal with a bot..

Well done Anet.. /golf clap

Posted by: Dovakhin Dragonborn.1842

Dovakhin Dragonborn.1842

I saw a bot train today.

Between the bugs that prevent me from playing my fking game, kitten mobs that one shot, and bugged skill points and quests, this is the last straw. The bot train kills everything in the area.

Posted by: Destruction.3429

Destruction.3429

Welp 3 weeks of the same bots, at the same spot, doing the same 20×20 donuts.

You are not doing anything. Stop lying to us and tell us the truth.

CURSED SHORE – PENITENT CAMP / NOOSE

Stop blowing smoke up our behinds and do something. It is either that or say everyone can bot… because at this rate inflation is going to set in and any normal player will have to cheat or buy gold to get anything.

The Big… The Bad… The Ugly…

Posted by: Destruction.3429

Destruction.3429

It has literally gotten to the point at those 2 spots that normal players cant even do events. It is pretty freaking sad.

The Big… The Bad… The Ugly…

Posted by: Kageru.9124

Kageru.9124

What you are doing about bots doesn’t seem to make them feel threatened in the slightest. Rampant and numerous characters botting and hacking with no concern anything will happen to them. Watching a character shooting a guardian scepter attack that moves like a bullet, at huge range and then teleports to loot is just sick.

At the very least put a “hacking” category into the report field. So it can join the rest of the massive pile of reports you can’t keep up with.

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Check out the logo’s on the bottom right of this site that sells bots. These guys don’t feel threatened at all and are presenting their wares like it’s a legitimate gw2 addon or something. Which, with the way ANet is handling things atm, it may as well be..

Attachments:

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

“On Botting and What We’re Doing About It”

Nothing?

This is getting highly annoying. And this is from a person which has a very high tolerance level of anything ANet does (or is slow in doing).

Solution seems so simple: go to Queensdale, to the farm that’s constantly under attack by bandits. And start banning. (that’s one location I noticed is beset by botters). There are more locations like that (the botters I reported yesterday have moved on to Kessex and the botters from friday are now in Gendarran and Frostgorge).

I haven’t seen gold sellers in a week, but they don’t annoy me half as much as these botters do. They make the events almost impossible to do.

Posted by: Wirldwide.8046

Wirldwide.8046

As far as multi- boxing being allowed, according to this thread it is not.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Q-Is-multi-boxing-allowed/first

I suppose anyone admitting to multi-boxing in the forums should be reported?

Two things are wrong with the message thread you have provided.

1. No description of what is meant by the term multiboxing.
2. The moderator states that 3rd party programming is strictly forbidden by ArenaNet.

Guild Wars 2 launches a web browser when you click on certain things in the game. The web browser is a program written by a 3rd party. The web browser was not written by the player, not written by ArenaNet either. It’s a 3rd party program. 3rd party programs are allowed! The distinction is, ArenaNet determines which 3rd party programs are allowed or not. So simply stating 3rd party programs are not allowed is incorrect.

Simply stating multiboxing is not allowed is also incorrect if the term multiboxing is not defined.

I already knew of that message thread prior to posting here. How do I know multiboxing is allowed?

1. Define your terms. What is meant by multiboxing? Send that description in a support ticket to ArenaNet and see what the response is.
2. What is meant by automation. Many don’t understand the difference, so we will describe both multiboxing and automation here.

Below is the description and the response I received from ArenaNet in regards to multiboxing:

Subject: Is Multiboxing allowed in Guild Wars 2?

First, let’s understand what we’re talking about so these terms are defined below.

1. Multiboxing is defined as playing several accounts at the same time by one player. The player is at the keyboard playing the game just like any other player except the player controls several characters on separate accounts. The multiboxer is the player controlling the characters by pressing keys and using the mouse.
2. Multiboxing software – This is defined as software that sends the players keystrokes and/or mouse to all Guild Wars 2 clients for separate accounts. The same key pressed goes to all of the clients at the same time. A mouse button pressed goes to all of the clients at the same time in the same location.

There is no automation. There is only keys and mouse commands being sent to all of the game clients at the same time by the player that pressed or pushed the mouse button. The player makes the decision about what key to press to activate which skill at the time decided by the player. If the player wants to have all characters dodge at the same time, the player presses the key to execute that action.

Because Guild Wars 2 does not have a follow command, the process of controlling the direction for the characters is difficult but not impossible.

So the question is, is this allowed or will there be a ban to any players playing multiple accounts at the same time? The Guild Wars 2 User Agreement appears to state that more than one account can be used. Section 4.a states: “The Game requires at least one Account from NCsoft. You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to establish any Account needed for the Game and to comply with any NCsoft provisions for establishing and maintaining such Account(s)”

Response Via Email (GM Mourdyth) 10/03/2012 11:50 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Owning and using more than one Guild Wars 2 account is not against the user agreement, as long as there is no automation. If you have any other questions or concerns about this or any other issues, please let us know.

Best Regards,
GM Mourdyth
Guild Wars Support Team

So now, the question is, what is meant by automation.

From dictionary.reference.com:
1. the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a process by highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing human intervention to a minimum.
2. a mechanical device, operated electronically, that functions automatically, without continuous input from an operator.

Multiboxing in and of itself does not constitute this. Why? Because there is a player at the keyboard pressing keys and making mouse movements. The keystrokes and/or mouse movements can go to all of the games client windows at the same time.

Botting is not allowed because there is automation. What does bot stand for? It stands for robot. Which means there isn’t a person controlling the character. It’s a computer program controlling the character. There is automation involved because a person has been reduced.

Posted by: NBlitz.9083

NBlitz.9083

They do give warnings if you give locations to where these bots are. I had one screenshot showing where they were and another showing the bots themselves. That got me a warning. Seriously, FK you.
How about doing something useful instead of handing out stupid warnings: have those useless moderators log into the game, roll up their sleeves and actually do something about the bot trains?

It seems to me they’d rather keep the customer service part underfunded. More $$$ for them.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

I had a post infracted too, possibly for naming the bot locations. I don’t know. Let them censor then; its not going to make the bots go away. In the meanwhile the bots continue to ruin the economy while the state of the community goes down the drain. I did an event last night where only me and one other guy were the only human players, the rest were rangers +1 warrior bot. It felt so bizarre.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

So what I’m seeing here is legitimate players being given warnings from ArenaNet for reporting botting activity, while the bots themselves are gradually taking over every event-hub in the game with apparent impunity.

This is a beautiful game, it eclipses every other game on the market in pretty much every regard; and yet it is being made gradually more and more unplayable by these packs of bots. All the while we see nothing but empty promises and warnings from ANet.

Well I guess we’ll see come the first expansion how badly the lack of response has hurt the NCSoft revenue stream. Shame really because all it would take is a few humans to at least manage the problem on the ground while the developers come up with a more robust solution.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Kvitebjorn.7681

The worst part is how they treat us customers, Sure i can understand it takes time to deal with the bots in a good way,but then they should say so, keep us posted a little wthout spilling big secrets about what the are gonna do specificly, but no, they treat us like fools,close our moth and send us to the door.

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

Hello everyone,

please refrain from posting names of players which you accuse of being bots and report those players instead.

Greetings

With respect, Meinke, when then botters openly display bot-names, what damage is done by us posting those names here.

Whiteside Ridge / Bar Curtis Ranch…

Soldier Brother, Speed Brother, Wang Brother, War Brother, Terrorist Brother and Violent Brother.
All rangers in starter armour with bears.
All running an obviously scripted circle that takes-in the ranch and the nearby harpies.
All repeatedly reported.
(their script is a little better than the one being used by Dfdfr and Fdsffcjhhghg, as both of these newbie rangers have damaged armour)

If you expect us not to name-and-shame (even though the bots don’t care about shame), then please show us that you are doing something.

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

Kvitebjorn.7681

I even got warned and got my post removed cos i had a screenshot of the MAP with a red ring around where the 5-6 botters ive kepst a eye on for a month now. How is that red ring on a map any personal information at all? it just seems u want to restrict ppl ability to report more bots. I put that map picture and wrote on the post : go out there yourself and see,if u agree with me,report these Bots.

Edit: heres that map again…

Attachments:

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

For those reporting bots, how do you know they are bots and not multiboxers?

I’m a multiboxer – which means…

I play many accounts at the same time. I’m currently playing eight characters at about level 40 each on the Eredon Terrace world and once they reach level 48, I will join with the other four characters to play a total of 12 accounts at the same time.

A multiboxer that plays many accounts and doesn’t have automation is allowed and is within the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement. I am aware there are other multiboxers on other worlds.

The reason I’m mentioning this is because if you are aware that a player is behind the keyboard playing several accounts and you report that player for botting, you are knowingly false reporting. Falsely reporting a player for botting is against the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement.

Firstly, I am not accusing you of doing anything untoward.

I am however, interested to know how you are playing eight characters without any 3rd-party automation.

There is no “follow” function in GW2, so how do you get your characters to where they need to be?
Once there, how do you actually DO anything with 8 characters at the same time?

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

“On Botting and What We’re Doing About It”

I suppose the results show what you are doing?

I really had high hopes in a new generation of game.
My Necro + Elementalist with 1000 bugs and woes plus the completely out of control botting tell me I was wrong.

Posted by: Paladine.6082

Paladine.6082

Check out the logo’s on the bottom right of this site that sells bots. These guys don’t feel threatened at all and are presenting their wares like it’s a legitimate gw2 addon or something. Which, with the way ANet is handling things atm, it may as well be..

Just because the images are there it doesn’t mean they are actually certified/verified. It is not difficult to add an image to your page

Mystic Forge Attempts for Pre-Legendary
Lvl 80 Axes : Rare: 483; Exotic: 4 – Frostfang: 0
Lvl 80 Swords : Rare: 20; Exotic: 0 – Zap: 0

Posted by: Aelia.9546

Aelia.9546

Just re-read major parts of this thread and made a decision, with a heavy heart. I’m giving up to report botters, because the fact nothing has been changed for weeks except it became worse, no one from Anet shows a real reaction here EXCEPT measures and warnings against players for mentioning bot names or locations (lol…) gives me the certainty the way the reports go is not Report—→Customer Support—→Dev but Report—→Trash Bin.

I also give up playing at this point and just reactivated my subs on 2 other games, which I had cancelled to play only GW2!
I will check back here every now and then to look, if anything has been done regarding the bot infestation, but to be honest, I’ve lost the hope things will change.

And no, this is not neither rage quitting nor out of pure spite, I’m a 54 year old and don’t tend to behave like a child, but after many years of experience in MMO gaming and also support I can’t stand any longer with the state of the game as it is at the moment.

Kvitebjorn.7681

Just re-read major parts of this thread and made a decision, with a heavy heart. I’m giving up to report botters, because the fact nothing has been changed for weeks except it became worse, no one from Anet shows a real reaction here EXCEPT measures and warnings against players for mentioning bot names or locations (lol…) gives me the certainty the way the reports go is not Report—->Customer Support—->Dev but Report—->Trash Bin.

I also give up playing at this point and just reactivated my subs on 2 other games, which I had cancelled to play only GW2!
I will check back here every now and then to look, if anything has been done regarding the bot infestation, but to be honest, I’ve lost the hope things will change.

And no, this is not neither rage quitting nor out of pure spite, I’m a 54 year old and don’t tend to behave like a child, but after many years of experience in MMO gaming and also support I can’t stand any longer with the state of the game as it is at the moment.

Im not gonna rage and threaten to Quit either, Both me and my wife play GW2, Im 39yrs and both myself and my wife is really saddened by the botting plus the silence from the mod`s when it comes to this issue. we both cancelled our subscription in WOW plus i quit TSW and other games to play GW2, but if this continues i might give those fuzzy panda`s a chance instead and Anet and play house with the botters.. Problem is, When the real players leave, the botters will also, when theres no more players that require gold/mats they will move on to greener pastures.

Asacledhae.2650

Sadly, i feel the same way.. I’m not a forum man myself.. I only use forums for troubleshooting in order to find answers to some issues, or even help people with their own in case there’s a fix i’m aware of.. To simply post in this thread, means that this issue has struck a major artery and blood is gushing out..

This game is very nice, relaxing, even rewarding if you explore the areas as i usually do.. When you reach an area with a heart that tells you to do something, you get hooked.. Sometimes your actions trigger an event or two..

However, these days instead of finding the targets you’re supposed to attack, you find a mob free wasteland making you wonder why the game is so thinned in enemies in that particular area………..before you bump into the army of cloned rangers who simply wipe out everything in their path..

Like i mentioned earlier, i do hope for a quick fix regarding this issue, as i refuse to accept that i can’t enjoy something i already paid for, due to some idiots who simply think they can cheat without consequences by taking the fun away from me!

P.S.
Check the recent numbers for crying out loud, the comparison between a real player and a bot in a single area, has dropped to a 5 / 20, or in some cases to 0 / 20, as a real player will be frustrated to “stalk” a mob before the “army” gets it first!

And my quick “joke” : When you see a level 1 blue item selling for 25 silvers or higher and that been the only one available (or the cheapest one) in the trading post, it will be too late..

StormcrowX.9236

-snip-

Firstly, I am not accusing you of doing anything untoward.

I am however, interested to know how you are playing eight characters without any 3rd-party automation.

There is no “follow” function in GW2, so how do you get your characters to where they need to be?
Once there, how do you actually DO anything with 8 characters at the same time?

Read his last post. He admits to using a key cloner, which IS a third party programn.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

StormcrowX.9236

Just re-read major parts of this thread and made a decision, with a heavy heart. I’m giving up to report botters, because the fact nothing has been changed for weeks except it became worse, no one from Anet shows a real reaction here EXCEPT measures and warnings against players for mentioning bot names or locations (lol…) gives me the certainty the way the reports go is not Report—->Customer Support—->Dev but Report—->Trash Bin.

This my friend, is the same thing I’ve been saying since the Great Jade Quarry Bot Plague of ‘10-’11. Ingame report is useless. It’s probably just there to troll us. The only way to get a response is to file a ticket on the support page to get a real, live support staff reply (and even then i have my doubts about the “live” part)

-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Malpractis.4653

Malpractis.4653

As the title says, that’s what I have heard. So, if I may ask, why is it that these four bots in the Far Shiverpeaks server have been here for the last three weeks? They are named Sharriett, Remyl, Marief, andWendelljj. They are ALWAYS right outside the gate at Penitent Waypoint, and have literally been reported hundreds of times. The “Anti-Botting” code is irrelevant because after 30 minutes, they receive loot again. If botting is so important, why has nothing been done? Where are the GM’s? I could see if a bot was banned, and another was recreated, but these 4 are the SAME toons that have been here the whole time! I would like an ANet response please.

Dux Ducis – Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Heartspark.3918

Heartspark.3918

Ok folks, i kid you not, the last 3 days for each bot i reported i took a screenshot so i can keep track of numbers. So far 3 day total..on ONE server..390.

This one person has a train of 30 bots running around nonstop. Every bot I encountered is over level 30-55 so far.

I report than over and over..nada, ziltch, zip.

If Anet even gave a hint at what they are doing would be better info that silence. I know people already who left the game.

Kvitebjorn.7681

theres lvl 4-5`s in 70-80 zones now also, just filling each map up with anything they can get their hands on..

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

As the title says, that’s what I have heard. So, if I may ask, why is it that these four bots in the Far Shiverpeaks server have been here for the last three weeks? They are named Sharriett, Remyl, Marief, andWendelljj. They are ALWAYS right outside the gate at Penitent Waypoint, and have literally been reported hundreds of times. The “Anti-Botting” code is irrelevant because after 30 minutes, they receive loot again. If botting is so important, why has nothing been done? Where are the GM’s? I could see if a bot was banned, and another was recreated, but these 4 are the SAME toons that have been here the whole time! I would like an ANet response please.

This, they have now been joined by a Silvari so now there’s 5 of them.. I usually report them every time I’m there, but as you say, they must have been reported hundreds of times already so I feel it doesn’t do much good. When you see no results at all, you just feel like giving up on reporting the bots..

And, yes.. the DR code is totally irrelevant for a bot that runs 24/7 for weeks on end, it only hurts legit players.

(edited by Corew.8932)

Asacledhae.2650

This, they have now been joined by a Silvari so now there’s 5 of them.. I usually report them every time I’m there, but as you say, they must have been reported hundreds of times already so I feel it doesn’t do much good. When you see no results at all, you just feel like giving up on reporting the bots..

And, yes.. the DR code is totally irrelevant for a bot that runs 24/7 for weeks on end, it only hurts legit players.

Welcome to the club, i stopped reporting yesterday myself.. Was becoming too frustrating.. I log in to PLAY this game and have fun.. I don’t log in to deal with botters all day long instead of playing! Seriously, i don’t mind reporting bots “as long as my reports are heard”.. But are they…..

Enough is enough..

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

This is the biggest load of dung I’ve read on these forums. How about being proactive instead of sitting on your kitten doing nothing? There’s currently about 8 ranger bots sitting at Penitent Waypoint on Eredon Terrace and they’ve been reported for days. Still sitting there, nothing done. Would it be too difficult to log into the game and see what they’re doing? Nah, kitten it we’ll come to the forums and bullkitten people about what we’re doing. /rolleyes

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

Is anybody else scared of bringing their lowbie ranger out to play?

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

Posted by: sampsonknight.9043

sampsonknight.9043

Good I changed server because I was sick of the bots. There where 7 in one spot going in circles then in another areas there where ones just standing there… It ruins the game experiences.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

so many bots everywhere . thousands upon thousands

Posted by: iselin.8253

iselin.8253

Saw a new hack yesterday.

I was watching a ranger bot and his bear in Metrica (Jade Quarry) teleporting from mob to mob. I tried clicking on him to report him…couldn’t. He was unclickable. Somehow they have hacked that now too.

We need another way of reporting them if this becomes their new thing.

Posted by: Algo.1974

Algo.1974

We need another way of reporting them if this becomes their new thing.

No, we don’t need.
Why bother – it’s meaningless.

Posted by: Cristian.8069

Cristian.8069

It has got so bad that lately i get almost nothing but porous bones in cursed shore due to DR. It’s really sad that Anet is treating their customers like this. They could say “we are working on it, pls have patience” or something but their ignorance/silence is an offense for us players. I waited for 2 weeks but i don’t think i’ll wait 2 more to see this fixed.

Posted by: gkmmo.4723

gkmmo.4723

I’m at Penitent WP at Cursed Shore. Same 4 bots i had reported 4 days ago, standing outside the gate farming karma from the event that occurs there and drops from near npc’s. More can be found everywhere in all maps farming. Please do something to cure this disease cause it’s spreading rapidly.