On Legendaries from Dev

On Legendaries from Dev

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I thought I’d put this here for people to see in case you don’t frequent reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vfeu3/letter_of_introduction_and_lets_talk_about/

Post from that link:
[I] Hello all!
My name is Matt Pennebaker, and I wanted to reach out and say “hi.” As many of you know u/LinseyMurdock is rolling off of working on legendary collections as she is needed elsewhere. I will be stepping in and attempting to fill her metaphorical shoes (my literal feet are like twice as big as hers).
I have worked directly with Linsey for a couple of years on rewards, but I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations. This is important to get out there because it means that I am still familiarizing myself with everything that’s been done, and where things are hooked in to the game. So please, bear with me.
Now that you are bored with who I am, you may be asking, “why is this guy still talking?” First off, rude, second, to get some details about my plans.

I have a small team working with me, but we are working on a few different things. Specifically: issues with current legendary weapons, new legendary weapons, and festivals (that’s a topic for another day)
The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows:

Fix blockers as soon as I’m made aware of them. Anything that halts your progress is unacceptable and I’ll do everything I can to get it fixed ASAP.

Fix issues that encourage toxic play or interactions. No collectible should be gated behind failed events, or mechanics that make you upset that another player is playing a specific way. Unfortunately these things take longer to fix and test around the fixes (don’t want to break something else on accident), so the turn around will be slower

Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner), and minor inconsistencies. We will get to things when possible, it may just take a while. Something to remember, every minute spent on one bug is a minute not spent somewhere else.

If you see something, say something. We actively read reddit posts and the forums. My QA partner (edit: found his reddit handle: u/ANET_Blonk) is all over things here. We want to know what’s wrong with our content, so please let us know.
New legendary weapons! The good news: yes, we are working on them. The bad news: no, I cannot tell you any more about them. Sorry, some things just need to be a secret.
Communication: I’m not a very social-media-focused person, and to be honest, have a lot of stuff to do, but I’m going to try my best to be communicative and up-front with you all. There are things I won’t be able to talk about, and things I won’t have the knowledge or authority to talk about, but I will do my best to not hide things from you.

Alright, I think that’s about everything I wanted to cover. I’ll be popping in and out of here the rest of the day so I can try to answer questions you might have.[/I]

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Colin should take notes on how to make a proper post addressing player concerns. This post was well written and respectful. But also, why is this post on Reddit? Why did a player have to make this information available on the official forums? If Reddit is going to be the new official forum, then our Anet account logins should start working on Reddit. I’m not going to go make a Reddit account because Anet would rather post on Reddit than fix the issues with their own forum software.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

The dev already said he would make a post on the official forums as well, and that he picked reddit first because he is more comfortable with reddit’s format. Also, he stated he was doing this because he wanted to, not because he was told to. Looks like OP just beat him to the forums.

Let’s not jump down devs’ throats when they’re actually communicating with us.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Colin should take notes on how to make a proper post addressing player concerns. This post was well written and respectful. But also, why is this post on Reddit? Why did a player have to make this information available on the official forums? If Reddit is going to be the new official forum, then our Anet account logins should start working on Reddit. I’m not going to go make a Reddit account because Anet would rather post on Reddit than fix the issues with their own forum software.

Very much this ^^

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I am looking forward to his post on these forums so I can thank him for his clear and kind communication. This is what we want to see from the Devs! It’s great that this is good news and I’m super pleased he’s listened to the forums, but even if it were bad news it’s still fantastic that he’s communicating with us!

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I thought I’d put this here for people to see in case you don’t frequent reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vfeu3/letter_of_introduction_and_lets_talk_about/

Post from that link:
[I] Hello all!
My name is Matt Pennebaker, […]
I have worked directly with Linsey for a couple of years on rewards[…]

Forever broken Legendary Collections confirmed.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thank you, Invictus, for posting this for us. Since some of us don’t hang out on reddit.

sigh

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Thank you Matt for the honest and pretty useful post. I for one am glad to see your priorities and the fact that ANY feedback like this is useful to us that play the game.

Just KNOWING that things like the “fail event chains” are at least being looked at as reasonably high priority is welcoming to me… to me, any feedback is better than NO feedback, even if many will complain because it doesn’t fit with what they want

I wish you well with your role and look forward to working on the new legendaries in the months ahead.

On Legendaries from Dev

Elden Arnaas.4870

I apologize if my post was interpreted as being overly critical of Matt. I mean, I started out complimenting the way he handled addressing our concerns.(As opposed to the way Colin did) I think the post was well written, and if he had posted it on the official forums, instead of Reddit, I would not have been so critical. For some reason, to me it is a BFD (big frellin’* deal) that developers are posting on Reddit instead of the official forums. And I haven’t seen his post here yet.

• - ‘scuse my Farscape.
    <edit: Boy, I just do not do well with the forums’ formatting. The previous line is supposed to start with an Asterisk * instead of a bullet.>
    It’s nice that you can get sci-fi swear words past the filter.

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well, at least it is communication. It would be preferable the official forums, linked directly from the GW2 website were the first and foremost place for dev/community interactions of course. Perhaps they should make Reddit the official link now?

Nice to see acknowledgement of the issues being worked upon. At the end of the day, that is all most people ask for and there is decent interaction going on over there at least.

I also note the quick reply about Howler. Again, multiple threads begging about info on this overlooked for months and months, but great we finally have an answer on this.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Well here’s hoping he learns to ‘be comfortable’ using his company’s own website for discussing his work.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Well here’s hoping he learns to ‘be comfortable’ using his company’s own website for discussing his work.

He said he’d post here but he started with Reddit because he was more comfortable with the format. Don’t jump down devs throats when they are communicating with us, we want to reward this behavior

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

This is just about the definition of needing to ‘get outside your comfort zone’ then, because this kind of lack of awareness about ‘the mood in the room’ in putting out helpful information not on your own company site borders on self-sabotage.

Colin is setting a terrible example and the troops are following suit.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is just about the definition of needing to ‘get outside your comfort zone’ then, because this kind of lack of awareness about ‘the mood in the room’ in putting out helpful information not on your own company site borders on self-sabotage.

Colin is setting a terrible example and the troops are following suit.

Can I use the bolded reasoning for those that don’t want to do certain things in the expansion such as adventures?

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

Only if you want to equate HoT to the workplace

Wouldn’t be my first choice in analogies.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Angus.5961

Angus.5961

They’re probably not allowed to post on the official forums, not without going through PR and legal and who knows what else.

It explains the consistent pattern we are seeing.

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

They’re probably not allowed to post on the official forums, not without going through PR and legal and who knows what else.

That might explain the pattern we’re seeing IF they didn’t have official tags/recognition on redit. But they do, and Colin (who answers to very few) is pretty much leading the charge on off-site posting off updates and insights.

On Legendaries from Dev

Angus.5961

That might explain the pattern we’re seeing IF they didn’t have official tags/recognition on redit. But they do, and Colin (who answers to very few) is pretty much leading the charge on off-site posting off updates and insights.

True, but Reddit is still not the official corporate-owned site and anything they post there has a larger degree of deniability.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

" I took the forum posting class our Community Team gives in order to be cleared to post on our official forums twice. I’ve listened carefully to the Community manager and our studio producer who pointed out specific things I’d said wrong. I’ve been pulled aside by my boss to be told that other departments were unhappy with things I’ve said. Every time this happens I sincerely apologize and try to make sure I re-adjust my attitude towards my communication style. "

" I’m told I can still post, but much much less, and I need to get my posts approved first. So it’s not really a total shut-up. But I know I’d have to come off as a different person if I go through this procedure, which pretty effectively kills the urge."

http://www.joshuaforeman.blogspot.ca/2013_09_01_archive.html#4916848020404903535

On Legendaries from Dev

Angus.5961

" I took the forum posting class our Community Team gives in order to be cleared to post on our official forums twice. I’ve listened carefully to the Community manager and our studio producer who pointed out specific things I’d said wrong. I’ve been pulled aside by my boss to be told that other departments were unhappy with things I’ve said. Every time this happens I sincerely apologize and try to make sure I re-adjust my attitude towards my communication style. "

" I’m told I can still post, but much much less, and I need to get my posts approved first. So it’s not really a total shut-up. But I know I’d have to come off as a different person if I go through this procedure, which pretty effectively kills the urge."

http://www.joshuaforeman.blogspot.ca/2013_09_01_archive.html#4916848020404903535

Yep, exactly what I was saying. Thats why devs never post here.

On Legendaries from Dev

Ayrilana.1396

If they are representing Anet, they would likely have to follow the same standards elsewhere as well.

On Legendaries from Dev

Auralae.7482

If they are representing Anet, they would likely have to follow the same standards elsewhere as well.

As Angus said….larger degree of deniability.

On Legendaries from Dev

Ayrilana.1396

As Angus said….larger degree of deniability.

That may or may not be one possible reason. There are other reasons than just that one.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

What this means is we get to wait longer for new legendaries. Every day means new reasons to be glad I didn’t buy the expansion. First I was ticked that they gated the new legendaries they promised us were coming to us in 2013 behind the HoT paywall. Then I realized even if they hadn’t gated them behind HoT’s paywall, I still wouldn’t have the opportunity to get the one I wanted because it still wouldn’t be out yet.

3 years later(2016 is less than a month away) and we still don’t have new legendaries in the game and they were gated behind a new paywall.

That’s deplorable.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

Then their community team folks are idiots for allowing their requirements to be so casually sidestepped by a staffer going off-site while STILL WEARING OFFICIAL ANET BADGES.

Man, there’s gonna be some meetings next week…

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Guys, I’m working with Matt on getting his post over here. He will add some additional information, and we want to localize it so that our entire community — not solely the one that speaks English — will get this nice and meaty info.

Forum posting is a voluntary option for developers. It’s great that Matt shared the info, and extra great that he’s working with me to share this globally and to share additional bits that he comes up with, too.

I believe we’ll be able to post up the fuller version later today in English, and provide a fully-localized version in French, German, and Spanish on Monday in those forums.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Guys, I’m working with Matt on getting his post over here. He will add some additional information, and we want to localize it so that our entire community — not solely the one that speaks English — will get this nice and meaty info.

Forum posting is a voluntary option for developers. It’s great that Matt shared the info, and extra great that he’s working with me to share this globally and to share additional bits that he comes up with, too.

I believe we’ll be able to post up the fuller version later today in English, and provide a fully-localized version in French, German, and Spanish on Monday in those forums.

Thanks Gaile. Maybe he wouldn’t mind posting something in the howler thread over in the bug forum. We noticed his comment about possibly fixing it. Any official response in that thread would go a long way just saying. Thanks for your hard work.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Legendary-Howler-Bug-merged/page/11#post5826196

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

Gaile… you know we don’t actually need a neatly sanitized press conference. We need your people in here interacting with the natives, frankly as often as you can entice them to. It’s fine if they have to bring a chaperone but you have to be aware of what the embargo-like atmosphere you’ve allowed to build up is doing to this space… namely poisoning it.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Gaile… you know we don’t actually need a neatly sanitized press conference. We need your people in here interacting with the natives, frankly as often as you can entice them to. It’s fine if they have to bring a chaperone but you have to be aware of what the embargo-like atmosphere you’ve allowed to build up is doing to this space… namely poisoning it.

How is translating the post into different languages an embargo?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

Don’t be dense. The embargo-like atmosphere is a reference to a long period of silence that’s taken hold in the forums, not to a single post/poster (cause he’s been jabbering away like a magpie over on the thread he created).

Compare the dev tracker here to the dev tracker on Redit. The comparison is painful.

On Legendaries from Dev

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Nike — no one’s telling people they need to put on a suit and a tie before they post. Devs post when, where, and as they desire, with a very general and reasonable guideline, which Mike O’Brien shared with forum members a long while ago: “We don’t talk speculatively about future development.”

So please don’t believe anyone’s being told to muzzle it. Devs post and respond when they’re able to do so, and if they’re anything like me, they delight in that interaction with our players.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

On Legendaries from Dev

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you very much Gaile, for giving us an update here on the official forums. We appreciate it.

On Legendaries from Dev

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks Gaile. Maybe he wouldn’t mind posting something in the howler thread over in the bug forum. We noticed his comment about possibly fixing it. Any official response in that thread would go a long way just saying. Thanks for your hard work.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Legendary-Howler-Bug-merged/page/11#post5826196

I can ask about that. Wasn’t really aware that he was the one who answered previously, but if there’s info we can share, I’m sure he will.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

On Legendaries from Dev

Angus.5961

Then their community team folks are idiots for allowing their requirements to be so casually sidestepped by a staffer going off-site while STILL WEARING OFFICIAL ANET BADGES.

Man, there’s gonna be some meetings next week…

Whats “official” about a reddit tag? Does Anet hand them out? Does Anet control the subreddit? Its not official in any way and thats why they post there.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nike — no one’s telling people they need to put on a suit and a tie before they post. Devs post when, where, and as they desire, with a very general and reasonable guideline, which Mike O’Brien shared with forum members a long while ago: “We don’t talk speculatively about future development.”

So please don’t believe anyone’s being told to muzzle it. Devs post and respond when they’re able to do so, and if they’re anything like me, they delight in that interaction with our players.

It’s possible though that there is some “restrictions” on posting on the official forum that isn’t on an unofficial one. Making it easier for a dev to simply pop in and say things there where they feel inhibited when speaking over here.

I took the forum posting class our Community Team gives in order to be cleared to post on our official forums twice. I’ve listened carefully to the Community manager and our studio producer who pointed out specific things I’d said wrong. I’ve been pulled aside by my boss to be told that other departments were unhappy with things I’ve said. Every time this happens I sincerely apologize and try to make sure I re-adjust my attitude towards my communication style.

I’m told I can still post, but much much less, and I need to get my posts approved first. So it’s not really a total shut-up. But I know I’d have to come off as a different person if I go through this procedure, which pretty effectively kills the urge.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: HakunaMataBaby.2734

HakunaMataBaby.2734

Thank you so much for replying to a forum devs! We really like talking to you when you can respond, this is the kind of thing I’d like to see more often, people are busy I understand. It’s just nice having devs talk to us ^-^ have a great day!

Best Regards- Hakuna

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Whats “official” about a reddit tag? Does Anet hand them out? Does Anet control the subreddit? Its not official in any way and thats why they post there.

Agreed…this whole thing is so strange. I appreciate Gaile coming here, but in a way it seems forced, it doesn’t seem genuine.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I can ask about that. Wasn’t really aware that he was the one kittenponded, but if there’s info we can share, I’m sure he will.

Kittenponded? Oh Gaile, you and your corporate speak ;D

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

Then consider the possibility that guideline is strangling your business, because this particular thread was loaded with GOOD updates about “yeah, there’s some issues with the collections but we’re fixing them” which is evidently too much forecasting to be permitted here. I sincerely get the need for some chaperoning, but it’s simultaneously gone awry here and backfired entirely there if your people feel they have to go out of house to communicate.

Then why are they delighting in the interaction off-site while flagged as official ANet staffers while your own forums have become a wasteland? Look at your Dev tracker since HoT launch and particularly the last two weeks. It’s just YOU and the guy who holds classes on the API (who has tons of adoring fans BTW because he’s very helpful and responsive). The balance team has (much as I predicted) vanished under a rock after proving they could be out here working hand in hand with the fans while still brining your expansion to fruition. Colin is off tilting at windmills or whatever while leaving his front lawn to gather weeds.

There is a problem here. You know it and it’s your bailiwick. Go figure out why the Reddit dev tracker is the star studded cavalcade of news while your own boards are a graveyard haunted only by angry spirits.

Then FIX IT.

(edited by Nike.2631)

On Legendaries from Dev

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I can ask about that. Wasn’t really aware that he was the one kittenponded, but if there’s info we can share, I’m sure he will.

Kittenponded? Oh Gaile, you and your corporate speak ;D

I know. What the heck was that? I just edited the post when I saw it, hoping no one noticed my horrible language.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

On Legendaries from Dev

Elden Arnaas.4870

Kittenponded = who _ responded The filter doesn’t seem to count spaces, in places where there are spaces between certain letters that would make a filtered word. I’ve found underbar is a good way to get around this. The sentence should read:
“Wasn’t really aware that he was the one who _ responded, but if there’s info we can share, I’m sure he will.”

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

On Legendaries from Dev

Previous

Gaile Gray

Kittenponded = who _ responded the filter doesn’t seem to count spaces, in places where spaces between certain letters would make a filtered word.

Ahhh, I get it. The infamous “word filter” strikes again! I already cannot use my favorite word for analyze, that’s six letters, begins with “a” and ends with “double-s” because it becomes kittenized. I’ll see if we can get these addressed, but quite honestly I don’t hold out much hope due to the way things are coded on this forum software. :-/

Agreed…this whole thing is so strange. I appreciate Gaile coming here, but in a way it seems forced, it doesn’t seem genuine.

Nothing forced about it. I found the post, I decided to post, I wrote the response, no man behind the curtain or forcing whatsoever. Not even pointing, suggesting, or hinting! I think we’re good.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Let me point out an example that ground my gears today.

For quite some time there have been a number of posts on this forum about the problems with Legendaries requiring failed events and the toxic chat that is resulting from that. Today, I happen to find out that a month ago there was a post on reddit by an ANet employee discussing this situation and asking for examples of failed events being required for a Legendary.

I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time. I don’t recall even ONE red post addressing the questions on any one of these threads here that have been going on for days, if not weeks.

It’s things like that that made me feel that reddit is ANet’s true official forum. No matter what they say.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The dev already said he would make a post on the official forums as well, and that he picked reddit first because he is more comfortable with reddit’s format.

Thats funny given how outdated reddit actually is.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

All game related stuff from official Anet staff should be posted on your official forums or website, period. Obviously game promotions get posted anywhere.

If you want to spread the word on multiple fronts in different languages, then fine do so, but post the information on your own official forums/website first.

Does Anet really not understand the damage that is being done to community relations when you ignore your forums and go post on outside forums? It’s ridiculous that players have to go scavenger hunt for information on other sites.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Jesseii.2097

Jesseii.2097

gaile!! oh my god, gaile! what is going on over there! :c
please tell me at least you still care :x
please get the team to revert these horrid visual effect changes :c

On Legendaries from Dev

Auralae.7482

Let me point out an example that ground my gears today.

For quite some time there have been a number of posts on this forum about the problems with Legendaries requiring failed events and the toxic chat that is resulting from that. Today, I happen to find out that a month ago there was a post on reddit by an ANet employee discussing this situation and asking for examples of failed events being required for a Legendary.

I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time. I don’t recall even ONE red post addressing the questions on any one of these threads here that have been going on for days, if not weeks.

It’s things like that that made me feel that reddit is ANet’s true official forum. No matter what they say.

It’s really quite sad how much of the dissatisfaction and negativity on the forums could be reduced with more posts and interaction from Anet. I think that most people posting here want to love the game and keep playing and supporting it. Instead, the lack of response and interaction just makes it worse, then people come to the official forums and all they see are pages of posts expressing concerns and nothing but crickets from those who might have the ability to make them at least feel like Anet has heard the concerns.

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

…snipped…

While a bit brash, your statements are dead on accurate.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

On Legendaries from Dev

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

The dev already said he would make a post on the official forums as well, and that he picked reddit first because he is more comfortable with reddit’s format. Also, he stated he was doing this because he wanted to, not because he was told to. Looks like OP just beat him to the forums.

Let’s not jump down devs’ throats when they’re actually communicating with us.

On Legendaries from Dev

Nike.2631

…snipped…

While a bit brash, your statements are dead on accurate.

Gaile knows I tend to wax poetic in the throes of passion .

She’ll never say it, but she’s gotta be furious a simple “Hi, I work at Anet and here’s what I do” post that should be core, prime content for these boards popped up on reddit and pretty much made a laughingstock of her domain. And I’m not saying the poster screwed up — the entire culture that lead him to doing that is at fault. There’s like three layers of management above the individual Developer who need a stern talking too.

Like I said: Next week. Meetings. Lots of them.