On Towns Being Destroyed

On Towns Being Destroyed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I loved prosperity. A town full of lawless people in a remote region. But it was in the game for literally 2 weeks before you destroyed it. Why not with prosperity, salma, and concordia and all future places you have attacked just have the tendrils appear in the mission and maybe in the open world for the 2 week window? so far you have destroyed LA (which I had no problem with), but now concordia, salma, and prosperity too.

As long as you have plans to put in the effort of rebuilding these towns and not leave them destroyed forever, thats fine. But I have a feeling that you guys are just never going to get around to it because you have other stuff to do.

Prosperity specifically is weird because there is a story step early on that has you going to the bar in town and talking to the bartender and some locals. Why the hell is the bartender still hanging around? Only because he is a part of the story. it doesn’t make any sense. Prosperity should be cleaned up and the people moved back in.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I say no to rebuilding of towns. Why? Cause, think about, new players will never get to experiance LA like the vets did. We, (the vets), were part of the living story. The history of tyria.

New players will ask, " what was lions arch?" And we shall reply, “the greatest meeting spot where countless Legendary heros stood around for hours doing nothing, watching the mystic toilet crush people’s dreams!”

But seriously, I like being a part of history new players will never get a chance to experiance. If towns get destroyed, then so be it. We were there for it, in Tyrias history books.

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

I say no to rebuilding of towns. Why? Cause, think about, new players will never get to experiance LA like the vets did. We, (the vets), were part of the living story. The history of tyria.

New players will ask, " what was lions arch?" And we shall reply, “the greatest meeting spot where countless Legendary heros stood around for hours doing nothing, watching the mystic toilet crush people’s dreams!”

But seriously, I like being a part of history new players will never get a chance to experiance. If towns get destroyed, then so be it. We were there for it, in Tyrias history books.

Exactly. And it’s not just the vet players that benefit but the new ones as well. They may not have been here for Lion’s Arch or Prosperity or what have you, but that just means they’ll have a chance to make their own story in the future. Forge their own experiences unique to them. That’s part of the fun of history and while I’m sad that I missed Lion’s Arch it’s also amazing to me to listen to older players talk about it and share their history of it with me. Same as it is IRL when you listen to someone older then you talk about the past.

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I want Lions Arch back, definitely. I’m sick of sitting on piles of rubbish and not beeing able to speed up the rebuilding process. Orr has enough ruins of a great past.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Prosperity was just a homage to Perfection. It was never intended to stay in the game, just provide a little staging ground for the Mordremoth expedition until the refuge and various other outposts were up and running in a later episode.

If you don’t believe me, read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfection,_Nevada :P

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Dunno, do people really want to meet up in the ruins of Lion’s arch forever? I do really miss the old Lion’s arch a lot, and i wish i could walk it’s rooftops once more….kitten you scarlet

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I wish they hadn’t rebuilt LA, it undermined the destruction (and happened too quickly, then not at all).

I wish we had some more constructive changes though. They could have opened the Dominion of Winds when LA got attacked, or at least built up the Vigil even more. We could have had a whole new hub, and a historical landmark filled with enemy scavengers. Instead we just got a slightly rearranged version of what we already had.

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

About LA, I think it either should have stayed completely destroyed or it should be rebuilt in a new way. I would rather have it completely destroyed. I loved walking those barren ruins. Can you imagine if over time, bandits moved in? That would be cool

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Can you imagine if over time, bandits moved in?

That’s what GW2 Lion’s Arch was. Pirates, bandits, same thing.

And I really liked Prosperity, the only thing I didn’t like was that the NPCs were literally constantly talking. I hadn’t done open world RP since the Megaserver patch screwed over RPers, but that town was really enticing for the two weeks it existed…

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I wish they hadn’t rebuilt LA, it undermined the destruction (and happened too quickly, then not at all).

I wish we had some more constructive changes though. They could have opened the Dominion of Winds when LA got attacked, or at least built up the Vigil even more. We could have had a whole new hub, and a historical landmark filled with enemy scavengers. Instead we just got a slightly rearranged version of what we already had.

LA hasn’t been rebuilt, it is far from being rebuilt…with 75% of the population killed during Scarlet’s attack, it will be quite a while before you see LA rebuilt and I’m pretty sure it’s not going to look anything like it did before. That’s just impossible with all the debris left over from the Breachmaker(which has already been stated as being to large to dismantle so is going to be left in place).

Prosperity, Fort Concordia and Fort Salma can not possibly be rebuilt until we have take care of Mordremoth and removed all of it’s corruption(aka the vines). Whether or not those get rebuilt in the future is anyone’s guess, but I’m thinking you’ll see the 2 Fort’s get rebuilt at least, if not Prosperity as well. That would make it truly a living world.

On Towns Being Destroyed

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

If the devs truly care about the heart of the story, Lion’s Arch will be rebuilt. The point of it being rebuilt the first time was Coby making a home for outcast and sticking a proverbial middle finger up at Zhaitan and his Risen constantly attacking coastal cities. While Coby isn’t with us anymore, I’m sure there are plenty of people there that want to carry on his legacy of not on surviving in the face of adversity but thriving.

Personally, I feel Lions Arch should be rebuilt differently than what it was. Something slightly more grandiose as a way of flipping off Mordy. It should have more fortifications, cannons and the godfather of all emergency bunkers as well as hundreds of evacuation tunnels!

Let’s face it. They need to be ready because, at this point, taking out Lions Arch is the status quo for anyone harboring maleficent delusions of grandeur.