On failing events purposely

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jesse.4865

jesse.4865

Today I wanted to complete the map at last, I entered Cursed Shore and just started regular wandering to get all the stuff explored.

I saw a Pact outpost overrun by the undead and an event to defend it. I rushed in and started to pew pew at the enemies.
Seconds after that I get a whisper “Get the f out there need to fail”.
I was just shooting the undead, I did nothing to get the F part.
I backed off, even if this behaviour only encouraged me to do the opposite.
I told the player that maybe they could be nicer next time and reported them for verbal abuse, as I couldn’t think of a fitting category for such behaviour.

I don’t know what difference is there in rewards, but soon after the event failed, a huge zerg flooded the outpost, now taken by enemies.
I suggest changes are made to this, I don’t wish to receive such impolite messages simply because I stumbled across an event during my exploration.

I just want to complete the map and take part in events if I happen to see any, without having to look over my shoulder that I may be disturbing a zerg wanting to fail for better rewards.

edit:
I don’t blame the players who wanted to get better rewards.
I complain about poor event design, which offers better rewards when it fails (because I assume it gives better stuff after you retake an outpost, not defend it).

(edited by jesse.4865)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s a problem that’s been addressed several times. The issue is that taking a certain key point is more rewarding than keeping as certain key point.

As I’ve said in another similar post to this, I think you should get rewarded for taking a point, but get rewarded even more for keeping it.

As for the player whispering you, and anyone for that matter – there is never an excuse for verbal abuse – be it in PvE, WvW, PvP etc. Report & Block the user. That player will have their comeuppance one day.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Verbal abuse is never okay but some events throughout the world actually reward failure of the event. For example, I have been told there is a hidden achievement if teq fails and you use the pads to jump over the wave (suppose I need to look that one up someday). The problem is exasperated when not everyone is ‘in the know’ that it is being purposefully failed this time.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Verbal abuse is never okay but some events throughout the world actually reward failure of the event. For example, I have been told there is a hidden achievement if teq fails and you use the pads to jump over the wave (suppose I need to look that one up someday). The problem is exasperated when not everyone is ‘in the know’ that it is being purposefully failed this time.

Yes there is a hidden achievement that grant you zero ap =)

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Said achievement is no longer possible, however.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

errrr welcome to online gaming???? rewards > your heroism+feels

difference in rewards – failing leads to site being overrun by mobs. more mob = more loot. even though they are scripted to say it no every npc needs saving

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

Just ignore them (and block them if their attitude stinks), and play the way you wanna play; do what you wanna do; you’ve every right. That’s the MO of this MMO.

If they wanna fail, they can fail next time, maybe… unless another hero should happen along and spoil their little fail-train. Perhaps, if they ask nicely, people might go along with their request. If not, so what.

Have fun, and don’t let others spoil it.

~TG

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

a +1 to above.

If it were me, i’d told that pm’er to P. off in a similar crude way, blocked and kept on killing mobs. They can ask politely if they want something.

OP was way to nice to back off. Now i’m tempted to go there and wait for an event so i can upset em in the same manner.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Block, report, and move on.

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

They fail the event so that it restarts quicker, the rewards are the same.

But Im guessing if the person whispering you was nicer there wouldnt be a problem, some people are just kittens

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I feel I must respond to this post in full to make an argument for the gamers getting falsely reported for verbal abuse for typing in a word that the game allows them to type in. This post will probably approach that line, but, it all needs to be said….

Today I wanted to complete the map at last, I entered Cursed Shore and just started regular wandering to get all the stuff explored.

Good for you! Hopefully you 100% the map and get on your way to a Legendary weapon!

I saw a Pact outpost overrun by the undead and an event to defend it. I rushed in and started to pew pew at the enemies.
Seconds after that I get a whisper “Get the f out there need to fail”.

Not sure he was trying to “Verbally Abuse” you if he also wrote in the “need to fail” part. He would have just said “Get the F out of there!” without explaining why at all. (That’s what I would have done if I were really wanting to “abuse” someone)

I was just shooting the undead, I did nothing to get the F part.
I backed off, even if this behaviour only encouraged me to do the opposite.
I told the player that maybe they could be nicer next time and reported them for verbal abuse, as I couldn’t think of a fitting category for such behaviour.

This is a game connected to the Internet. You’re going to hear a lot worse things in the game than an F word being thrown at you from time to time. Besides the fact that there is a profanity filter in the game. If it really offends you so much that someone would throw a word at you that doesn’t fit you’re perfect exacting standards of human morality, use the profanity filter! Its the third option in the Option Menu, right under Language. You can set it to maximum, which blocks a lot of stuff

I don’t know what difference is there in rewards, but soon after the event failed, a huge zerg flooded the outpost, now taken by enemies.
I suggest changes are made to this, I don’t wish to receive such impolite messages simply because I stumbled across an event during my exploration.

Difference is actually pretty large, which you would know if you asked the player why they told you to get out of the event instead of saying they weren’t nice and reporting them.

Just turn the profanity filter to maximum and go on your happy way playing the game, and don’t let the Zerg (That’s trying to play their way) bother you. And if there’s a case when someone actually does verbally abuse you (to the point they are actually going out of their way to make you feel bad and not just saying the second most common word on the internet), then report them! Otherwise, ignore that group of players and continue to play the game the way you want to play!

I suggest that things stay the way they are so both sides can continue to play how they want.

I just want to complete the map and take part in events if I happen to see any, without having to look over my shoulder that I may be disturbing a zerg wanting to fail for better rewards.

And they just want an event to fail so they can fight several Champions in one place and get the loot without having to play for an excruciatingly longer time for the same reward, and do it without having to watch a lone wolf run into the event without knowing (or pretending to not know) why there’s a zerg standing outside the event area. Neither way of playing seems more wrong than the other, until AFTER the point that the bad words get thrown around and the actual insults start. And its not always the zerg that’s guilty. I’ve read many slurs get thrown by the group of players (or solo player) wanting to do one thing instead of just ignoring the other side.

Seriously, turn on the language filter, give the other group of players the cold shoulder, and play the event anyways. Let Karma take care of the rest.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

If someone had said that to me, I would have pinged my friends to come and we would have purposely made sure it succeeded. Now if they’d said “Can you let the event fail? We want to farm champs.” I would have backed right out and let it fail. Use rude language, get a rude response. Pretty easy not to toss the f word in there and make it look hostile, you know :p

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Report and block.

There is a difference between asking you to not interfere with their attempt to allow the event to fail and cursing at you for attempting to succeed.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

When failing content is more rewarding than completing it. There is a design problem.

That being said, if I’m just playing the game normally and someone tells me to F off. I will just report/block him, and complete the event for good measure.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Menadena.7482

“oh you want the event to fail and be belligerent about it … no problem”

/guild hey gang! those of you with tags wp to [waypoint] and turn them on

“oh you want the event to fail and be belligerent about it … no problem”

/guild hey gang! those of you with tags wp to [waypoint] and turn them on

“Sorry but everytime you shout at me all I hear is: “complete the event!”."

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

I find it interesting that many of the folks here apparently siding with the OP are condoning and encouraging the very same behavior they claim to be reporting.

Is it the players fault that re-taking a temple is more rewarding than holding it? And why is their definition of having fun (getting loot) somehow empirically less honorable or worthwhile than your definition of having fun (playing the game as you think it was intended)?

Maybe what those players should do in response to your desire to hold out is call in all of their friends to scale up the event without actually contributing to its defense. How would one or two parties fair against five champions at once?

I want to know why so many of you people who claim to be playing the game “the way it was intended to be played” insist on delivering all manner of grief on those players that aren’t playing it your way?

I find it interesting that many of the folks here apparently siding with the OP are condoning and encouraging the very same behavior they claim to be reporting.

There is a difference between being a kitten to an innocent player who just wanted to play an event, and being a kitten to a kitten.

If he just asked normally I would back away. I wouldn’t have a problem with someone wanting me to back off so he can do things his way, I have a problem with people insulting me for no reason, and if I can strike back at them without risking a ban I will.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Necrotic.7820

There is a difference between being a kitten to an innocent player who just wanted to play an event, and being a kitten to a kitten.

If he just asked normally I would back away. I wouldn’t have a problem with someone wanting me to back off so he can do things his way, I have a problem with people insulting me for no reason, and if I can strike back at them without risking a ban I will.

I’m sorry…I guess you were talking about another incident. If the OP quoted the “offending” player correctly then I did not see any offensive or insulting behavior at all. Adding the “F” word did not change the players statement, it only added emphasis. They could just as easily have said “Get out there need to fail” and the meaning would stay the same…even if not in perfect English.

I suspect however that the OP might have found some other reason to report them or otherwise be offended. The fact that the OP even started this thread suggests to me that they know full well the situation but were choosing to be a “Guiding light” in how this game should really be played.

(edited by Necrotic.7820)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m sorry…I guess you were talking about another incident. If the OP quoted the “offending” player correctly then I did not see any offensive or insulting behavior at all. Adding the “F” word did not change the players statement, it only added emphasis. They could just as easily have said “Get out there need to fail” and the meaning would stay the same…even if not in perfect English.

I suspect however that the OP might have found some other reason to report them or otherwise be offended. The fact that the OP even started this thread suggests to me that they know full well the situation but were choosing to be “Guiding light” in how this game should really be played.

You can’t understand the rudeness behind someone swearing at you in private message? Swearing doesn’t add emphasis to anything, it’s just plain rude and usually serves only to insult people or pick fights. You might find it acceptable to be sworn at, but that doesn’t mean every player does.

The OP had right to report/block. It’s up to ArenaNet to decide if it was intense enough to server a warning or a ban.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Necrotic.7820

That smiley face offends me. It’s so offensive that I feel you are swearing at me right now.

And just because you may think otherwise doesn’t make it true that swearing does not add emphasis. Let’s try this again. The other player says “Get out there need to fail” but wants to add more urgency to his/her statement, so they say instead “Get the heck out there need to fail” are you still just as offended or insulted? Perhaps we could use something a bit more unusual…“Get Mooshie out there need to fail”. In that instance do you know who or what Mooshie is? No? But perhaps you think this is an NPC and start looking around…clearly they want you to get them out of the area.

But no, swearing may not always be necessary, polite or inobtrusive…but it is always clear. It is clear that the other player wanted to be listened to…because they wanted to do a retake of the temple.

Ashen.2907

I generally use something I call, “the Granny Test,” for situations like this.

How would I/you like it if someone walked up to your sweet little old grandmother and told her to get the “F” out of here ?

If you go around initiating communication with people in game by cursing at them you should not be surprised if they decide to report you.

jesse.4865

I couldn’t find a better category for the report. There was no insult targeted at me, but it did anger me, and I felt like failing on purpose is not right. General ideas of games are to win. I don’t blame the zerg for wanting to get better rewards, it’s just poor design.

Menadena.7482

Not at all. If someone asks me to do something because it is interfering with what they want to play I do not mind. If I have a problem with the request I can discuss it with them.

If they insist on being a mountaincat over it I figure they have declared the gloves are off. At which point I will do everything possible to teach them not to do that to someone again.

Chrispy.5641

I couldn’t find a better category for the report. There was no insult targeted at me, but it did anger me, and I felt like failing on purpose is not right. General ideas of games are to win. I don’t blame the zerg for wanting to get better rewards, it’s just poor design.

Makes sense. I agree there should be better rewards for holding a location rather than failing it and doing a different, easier, and more rewarding event in the chain. I think that events should still be able to fail though and not be removed, since that adds a massive amount of variety to the game that we wouldn’t have otherwise

…..then again, alternating events instead of the same static events or escalating events for holding a location would be a good idea too. starting event, take location for the Pact. 1st event, regular risen, 2nd event, special risen start to attack as well, 3rd event, a super tough Risen Giant attacks, 4th event for holding the location, Risen Dragon attacks supported by more Giants. Holding the location in any event gives progressively greater rewards, failing an event in the chain just restarts it with the same reward as the 1st event would give.

Not at all. If someone asks me to do something because it is interfering with what they want to play I do not mind. If I have a problem with the request I can discuss it with them.

If they insist on being a mountaincat over it I figure they have declared the gloves are off. At which point I will do everything possible to teach them not to do that to someone again.

so, swearing is automatically insisting on being a (insert slur here)? Where’s the threshold? I’m not saying its alright behavior, I’m just saying that there’s a lot of overreacting that goes on when any swear word is used even if its not even used in an insulting/abusive way.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I think the most important part is over looked here. You have to TURN OFF the profanity filter. If your panties get twisted so easily by curse words... leave the kittening thing on. If that was the case then you turned it off because they don’t bother you then this whole post is a joke.... You just want to bring up fail vs succeed argument again. Get over it move on.

Ashen.2907

even if its not even used in an insulting/abusive way.

Swearing at someone is different than using profanity as part of casual conversation.

Chrispy.5641

I generally use something I call, “the Granny Test,” for situations like this.

How would I/you like it if someone walked up to your sweet little old grandmother and told her to get the “F” out of here ?

If you go around initiating communication with people in game by cursing at them you should not be surprised if they decide to report you.

Chances are she’ll curse right back at you then try to give you fresh baked cookies after she found out you were swearing at her for a reason and not just purposely trying to verbally abuse her.

((edit : Lets just leave the second half out since people are now posting for the sake of posting and no longer have anything to contribute to the conversation))

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

We went through this already. The official stance is that verbally abusing players who are attempting to play the game as intended is grounds for infraction.

It’s good the OP brought this to the attention of the forum, because it is important that we know when this is happening.

I had no idea that there are still people trying to push event fails in Cursed Shore – it was so quiet since the Shelter event fiasco.

This all could have been easily quelled with that simple but too often unused word:

PLEASE.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The presence of lack of a profanity filter doesn’t mean that ANet will turn a blind eye to people cursing and/or “shouting” at others. Both can be reported as “verbal abuse,” as both Gaile Gray and Michael Henninger have confirmed.

No, people don’t have to “get over it” — although, it’s sufficient to /block the person and /report them, leaving it up to ANet to sort it out.

As others have pointed out, the issue is more that there continue to be events chains that offer more rewards if certain specific events fail; that needs to change or there will continue to be tension between those wanting to farm and those just wanting to do events as they come up. Nothing wrong with either point of view and neither should they be in conflict in a game, such as GW2, designed to encourage cooperation.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

I’ve been farming Cursed Shore this weekend. Usually there are a few players, who go in (on purpose, or not, doesn’t really matter) to defend, when the zerg is waiting outside for champions to spawn.
Most of the time many players start saying: ‘Out of circle!’, ‘Out of camp’, ‘Event needs to fail’ etc. After a few secs when the player(s) are still in the camp, escalates with cursing.
So, I wouldn’t be surprised, if before the whisper the op got, there were other players asking him/her to come out of the event area.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

We went through this already. The official stance is that verbally abusing players who are attempting to play the game as intended is grounds for infraction.

It’s good the OP brought this to the attention of the forum, because it is important that we know when this is happening.

I had no idea that there are still people trying to push event fails in Cursed Shore – it was so quiet since the Shelter event fiasco.

This all could have been easily quelled with that simple but too often unused word:

PLEASE.

This.

This right here.

“Please let the event fail”, “Hey, can you please get out of there?”, “Please stop. Event needs to fail for champs.”

It’s not a matter of being offended by profanity, it’s a matter of do you want to sound hostile and like a jerk or not?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

if you’re farming any event this way i’d recommend typing out a succint explanation for what’s going on and why, and saving it somewhere where it can easily be copy pasted into a whisper.

and politeness generally works better… the sort o person who won’t respond to a polite request will likely just be more rewarded by you cussing at them.

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

Yeah, really it’s ‘Relating to People 101’.

It’s the difference between asking and telling.

And invariably that has very different outcomes.

Even if you don’t care about me at all, know that, from a purely selfish standpoint, by far the best way to get the outcome you desire is to ask me to do something. Telling me to do something is most likely to result in the outcome you least desire.

Of course, that makes me less than perfect, because sometimes I’ll avoid doing what you tell me to do even when I understand that it’s probably for the best, simply because it’s irritating to be told instead of asked. That’s just being awkward, of course, but understanding that people are likely to behave that way (it’s not an unusual state of mind) might encourage you to ask politely in future. You might get what you want.

~TG

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

Just ignore them (and block them if their attitude stinks), and play the way you wanna play; do what you wanna do; you’ve every right. That’s the MO of this MMO.

If they wanna fail, they can fail next time, maybe… unless another hero should happen along and spoil their little fail-train. Perhaps, if they ask nicely, people might go along with their request. If not, so what.

Have fun, and don’t let others spoil it.

~TG

Hi there! You must not do these events often. If you did, you would know that trolls target these all the time because they can make the event complete and reset its timer; making EVERYONE else in the area upset. Again, this happens all the time. I can’t stress that enough. Because of this, people get mad instantly when they see someone trying to complete it. Now, this is how I interpret your reply. Which by the way sounds a lot like what most of the trolls would say.

“Have fun, and don’t let others spoil it. "
- Have fun, spoil everyone else’s.

The OP even stated they didn’t have a problem with letting the event fail, just with the way the person asked. Why encourage them to ruin everyone else’s fun?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

“Have fun, and don’t let others spoil it. "
- Have fun, spoil everyone else’s.

some people get off on hurting others. someone’s fun is inevitably spoiled, i for one prefer it to be someone who can only have fun by making sure someone else isn’t.
(this is why i don’t pvp much)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Soon enough, whatever event chain this is will be changed to be less farmable, unless the people who are farming it (finally) learn that ANet reacts badly to misbehavior in the form of using profanity to get their way. However, people really don’t seem to get it — no matter how many farms get nerfed because of conflicts between players.

No matter how much people think they may be justified, ANet is not concerned about these justifications. They’re concerned about appearances, and about removing conflicts between players that result in reports their personnel have to investigate. Continue with using profanity to intimidate others to get your way and you’re digging the grave for whatever farm you’re trying to protect. If you don’t believe me, look at the game’s history, for kitten’s sake.

Try thinking beyond the next moment where you might get a few champ bags to whether you want the farm to be available next bloody week for a change, if you can. ANet is not your best friend. They’re not going to side with you because “farming.” They’re going to look at numbers of reports and what it costs them to investigate and the impression these occurrences make on people who just wander in, like the OP.

Wake the kitten up, for kittens sake.

• Disclaimer: all appearances of the word kitten in this post were typed in as k-i-t-t-e-n, not the actual disapproved word you might substitute. While this post may appear to be satire or something else, it really isn’t. Wake the kitten up and look at what’s happening. Look at the history and think about why Anet has nerfed farm after farm after farm where player interests about completing content have collided.

That’s all.

#thosewhocannotrememberthepastarecondemnedtorepeatit

jesse.4865

So, I wouldn’t be surprised, if before the whisper the op got, there were other players asking him/her to come out of the event area.

I admit, I had guild/whisper chat tab currently open, as I don’t want to see the weird stuff people type in map chat. Also, I didn’t see the zerg, and these people might have been too far away from me to see the /say messages.
So yes, I might have not seen them asking me to leave earlier.
After the rude whisper I also got another one just saying “get out”.

Chrispy.5641

PLEASE.

My most profound, heartfelt, sincerly regretful acknowledgment of my failure master. If it wouldn’t inconvenience you in the very near future, would you be a fine, tip-top, upmost correct gentleman of society and please evacuate yourself from the circles indicative of events when your fellow citizens fancy you delaying your hand in dispatching our most undead foes?

Ashen.2907

PLEASE.

My most profound, heartfelt, sincerly regretful acknowledgment of my failure master. If it wouldn’t inconvenience you in the very near future, would you be a fine, tip-top, upmost correct gentleman of society and please evacuate yourself from the circles indicative of events when your fellow citizens fancy you delaying your hand in dispatching our most undead foes?

LOL.

Or:

“Please let the event fail.”

Chrispy.5641

PLEASE.

LOL.

Or:

I have a fear you do not understand the degree of the citizens of the sphere we call home. For you see, one of the many like words of please is desire. One of the like words of desire is impulse. One of the like words of impulse is compulsion. One of the like words of Compulsion is Duress. One of the like words of Duress is Force. I do not perceive it a best interest of mine if I sound like I am coercing you to retire from slaying our numerous unliving foes if it there is a peep of a threat of savagery or ill-treatment or slander from me. Thus, the thought descends on my mind to humbly request that you not threaten me with such a barbaric word again good sir or madam! In return I will humbly apologize for using that horrible word myself and will thus refrain from ever using it again!

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Posted by: Ringsound.7806

Ringsound.7806

I’ve been farming Cursed Shore this weekend. Usually there are a few players, who go in (on purpose, or not, doesn’t really matter) to defend, when the zerg is waiting outside for champions to spawn.
Most of the time many players start saying: ‘Out of circle!’, ‘Out of camp’, ‘Event needs to fail’ etc. After a few secs when the player(s) are still in the camp, escalates with cursing.

when you need something from someone
i think the word please wasnt so hard, was it?

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Doesn’t mean ppl will full fill that request and the odds are heavily against you with the age of internet trolling.

Ashen.2907

PLEASE.

LOL.

Or:

I have a fear you do not understand the degree of the citizens of the sphere we call home. For you see, one of the many like words of please is desire. One of the like words of desire is impulse. One of the like words of impulse is compulsion. One of the like words of Compulsion is Duress. One of the like words of Duress is Force. I do not perceive it a best interest of mine if I sound like I am coercing you to retire from slaying our numerous unliving foes if it there is a peep of a threat of savagery or ill-treatment or slander from me. Thus, the thought descends on my mind to humbly request that you not threaten me with such a barbaric word again good sir or madam! In return I will humbly apologize for using that horrible word myself and will thus refrain from ever using it again!

I like you.

Posted by: Ringsound.7806

Ringsound.7806

Doesn’t mean ppl will full fill that request and the odds are heavily against you with the age of internet trolling.

please is not 100%, but definitely better than the F word

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

I think the most important part is over looked here. You have to TURN OFF the profanity filter. If your panties get twisted so easily by curse words… leave the kittening thing on. If that was the case then you turned it off because they don’t bother you then this whole post is a joke…. You just want to bring up fail vs succeed argument again. Get over it move on.

Profanity filter does not give you free reign to go around with a bad case of verbal gonorrhea. If you do, well, Kitten you too. There’s a massive difference between “well kitten, I just died to a random mob” and whispering someone “get the kitten out, it needs to fail.” Not a hard concept, is it?

@OP, next time, report em, reply “nope,” block em, complete the entire chain and defend the final chain location for an hour or two.

Chrispy.5641

I think the most important part is over looked here. You have to TURN OFF the profanity filter. If your panties get twisted so easily by curse words… leave the kittening thing on. If that was the case then you turned it off because they don’t bother you then this whole post is a joke…. You just want to bring up fail vs succeed argument again. Get over it move on.

Profanity filter does not give you free reign to go around with a bad case of verbal gonorrhea. If you do, well, Kitten you too. There’s a massive difference between “well kitten, I just died to a random mob” and whispering someone “get the kitten out, it needs to fail.” Not a hard concept, is it?

@OP, next time, report em, reply “nope,” block em, complete the entire chain and defend the final chain location for an hour or two.

I beg your pardon sir or madam, but I strongly believe that you are attempting to describe a logical fallacy that is no finer than seeking to relate the subtler points betwixt a soup spoon and a dessert spoon. I would desire to make what I believe to be a rather, excellent suggestion that you learn about a distinction without a difference then make another bold attempt at a post that might haps , or might haps not elucidate on the meaning behind your thoughts, which, to this point, seems to the enlightened mind to be making a much more honorable case for what polite society sees as a naughty word, than instead saying that most dishonorable of words.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

This reminds me a lot of the karma train attitude in EotM. Me and a couple friends would go defend in EotM, and get tons of bags as the enemy would show up expecting no opposition, and we would have several trebs that would decimate them in short order.

The karma train people would get angry because we had ruined part of their train. They even made claims like “EOTM is FOR KARMA TRAINING!” To which we replied show us where the devs said that’s so?

Anyway, we played the way we wanted, and had a great time. OP, you should do the same. Don’t let anyone tell you how to play, their fun doesn’t get to trump yours.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

not even going to comment on the specifics.

No event in this game should be rewarding you for failing. That in and of it self is a design flaw.

Players should be actively encouraged to do events in the world, not watch the world burn.