On the new color for word bubble text

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sevorick.4207

Sevorick.4207

It’s only anecdotal evidence but a lot of the folks in my guild and those that I talk too outside of it find the change for word bubble text being switched from black to green a bother to read. Most of us just shut off word bubbles now.

Perhaps there are folks out there who really like the new color choice so I wouldn’t ask for a reversion. But is their any chance we could get options to chose what color the text appears as?

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Meh. It never really bothered me. Kinda don’t mind that it’s green.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I like the green, as well.

That said, options are always good.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

The green is harder to read for me. And it seems the same for others. Please change it back or give people the option of colors if the green is really better for some people. It glows at my eyes and is difficult to discern.

When you make accessibility changes to the UI please ad toggles or options or something. This green text is horrible for people with eye issues like me…

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its way harder to read and I have no bloody idea why Anet decided to change it.

Just try imagining this forum with green text.

Its just kittened.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

^ Same opinion as the above poster, green is far more eye straining for me than the old black one was.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s harder to read for me too. Not by a large amount, but I don’t see why they put in the time to change it when there are other things that need work. It’s not like there was anybody complaining about the chat text color.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

It is slightly more straining then the original black indeed. Originally i thought the point was to separate the various chats, so green for /say and blue for /party, but no, party chat is green too. A colour picker would be neat.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: ZipZap.5173

ZipZap.5173

I find it really hard to read. I assumed it was just one of many bugs.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m fairly convinced that ANet has no quality UX designer because this change goes against anything remotely best practice.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I liked the old black style a lot more. Green indeed is not as clear to read.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I thought it was for the st-patrick’s day … but it is still green this week… Ugh …

Please make it black again

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yes, green is not the new black.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i liked black better

but i can live with green too

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

New text bubble colors, coming to the gem store!

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I’m fairly convinced that ANet has no quality UX designer because this change goes against anything remotely best practice.

This.

Even young beginner design students who just started out in their first year of design school know that green text on a while background is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I learned just yesterday, after 35 years, the Luigi wears green. Childhood. Shattered.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I’m pretty sure it’s still a leftover bug from tha last patch (I would bet half my donkey).

If you care to remember there were a few other color errors (jungle wurm textures, downed being green, and something else I can’t remember).

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s okay, I just wonder why they did that. First I thought it’s only the /s command, which would be logical since the /s command is green text. But then when you are in a party with /p it is still green. And for /m in map there’s no bubble.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I personally would like to see word bubble text in the color of the channel it’s being displayed through.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

another +1 for green text being lower contrast against a white background and harder to read.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I personally would like to see word bubble text in the color of the channel it’s being displayed through.

That would be neat … IF they first make emotes easier to read than dull pale grey. (If they included emotes in word bubbles anyway). I will never give up asking for this fix! Brighter emotes or player controlled channel colors, a real QoL change!

Meanwhile I hope they go back to black text in the bubbles because it’s far too easy to visually blank out the green. It takes a bit of mental muscle flexing to focus in on the green, just as it does the grey emotes. I say that even though green has always been my favorite color.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wouldn’t mind if they changed the bubbles to match the type of chat: blue for /party, green for /say, etc. Other than that, I don’t see the value of the current shade of ‘green’ over the original shade of grey.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”