On the right track?

On the right track?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

Hi,

I want to say i think its getting there in this game.
first the worldbosses got a bit harder wich is good. The bad is the rewards still are dissapointing. This needs to be improved, this could be done by special drops only from this boss alone. make it worth while you going to this boss again and again. see as it is an special legendary like skin/armor. Yes looks are importent.

Another issue i have is the personal story, i made a few characters and i dont feel i have an personal story, agreed i have some options but its not that personal like the other options. also talking about this, dynamic events are great but i dont have an feel i did something in the world wich had some impact. example. iam liberating an village, and all is well. but not even an hour later the village is on fire as nothing i did had happen. I can not even occupy this land or do anything else with it that would have lasting effect on the game it self. the personal story should be more involved towards the world you playing in. I did all those heroric things and noone seems to care (NPC’s) So not doing those things have the same effect. might have this changed so people actually do the personal story more.
I see if you kill an worldboss you can not respawn it anymore. so instead of killing the boss you might want to drive him away from the world so he can attack somewhere else. who in the right mind would attack the same spot over and over again? Also if the event fails something bad should happen to the world. and people have to rebuild that part of the world to gain access to the recources. rewarding people by freeing to build stuff there as well. like housing / castles. this imo would help people get more involved into the world. with castles and housing you can also sell some decrorating stuff for in the gemstore. i know you need money to keep this game alive.

So in short to make this game beter i would suggest
1. beter unique rewards
2. personal story worth doing /impact on the world
3. dynamic events really mean something now it resets every x-time.
4. make also goodlooking armor be earned ingame not only gemstore.

Short list maybe but i have an feeling it would help this game alot if you improve this.

On the right track?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

A lot of the bosses do have special drops – they’re just really rare.
e.g. Tequatl drops a unique Wing backpiece skin.
The Shadow Behemoth drops Final Rest, a really kick-kitten staff.

Personally I think there is a lot of good looking armour in game – there have only been a couple of armour skins released on the gem store and none of them have been overly impressive.

On the right track?

Redbear.5910

Well mr Flamingfoxx you might be right. but i said beter unique rewards. final rest is not really unique to the BH. that is my take on it. again iam not impressed with the ascended armor neither i felt it was an letdown. people invest alot of time for it to get and get not much out of it.

On the right track?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I agree with you on the personal story.

I’m no longer interested in it and just skip to the end, story only feels different if you play a different race.
and the voices aren’t different either. (a high-mid-low frequency choice on the voice in character select would be a small difference, but it would help.)

I randomly pick options and don’t really care, I feel no ‘role’ with my character. she has no personality because the choice/actions don’t matter at all. Its boring really.
__
I do like the idea of bosses dropping more unique rewards. Even armours sets of similar stats/(or less..idk) to ascended, but name them ..for example Teq armour. Or something connected to each boss. .. I think it would encouraged more people for the bosses, if they could get specific armour sets from the bosses. “boss orientated armour XD ..”

On the right track?

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Hi,

I want to say i think its getting there in this game.
first the worldbosses got a bit harder wich is good. The bad is the rewards still are dissapointing. This needs to be improved, this could be done by special drops only from this boss alone. make it worth while you going to this boss again and again. see as it is an special legendary like skin/armor. Yes looks are importent.

Another issue i have is the personal story, i made a few characters and i dont feel i have an personal story, agreed i have some options but its not that personal like the other options. also talking about this, dynamic events are great but i dont have an feel i did something in the world wich had some impact. example. iam liberating an village, and all is well. but not even an hour later the village is on fire as nothing i did had happen. I can not even occupy this land or do anything else with it that would have lasting effect on the game it self. the personal story should be more involved towards the world you playing in. I did all those heroric things and noone seems to care (NPC’s) So not doing those things have the same effect. might have this changed so people actually do the personal story more.
I see if you kill an worldboss you can not respawn it anymore. so instead of killing the boss you might want to drive him away from the world so he can attack somewhere else. who in the right mind would attack the same spot over and over again? Also if the event fails something bad should happen to the world. and people have to rebuild that part of the world to gain access to the recources. rewarding people by freeing to build stuff there as well. like housing / castles. this imo would help people get more involved into the world. with castles and housing you can also sell some decrorating stuff for in the gemstore. i know you need money to keep this game alive.

So in short to make this game beter i would suggest
1. beter unique rewards
2. personal story worth doing /impact on the world
3. dynamic events really mean something now it resets every x-time.
4. make also goodlooking armor be earned ingame not only gemstore.

Short list maybe but i have an feeling it would help this game alot if you improve this.

I agree with you on a lot of your point but to make the game change on a single players prospective is nearly impossible in and online game. The fact that the server space alone would grow astronomically to keep the data and graphics for each player as they interact with the game world. The only way that a living world can change in any game is that it changes at the same time for all players. Also if the outcome of an event changes something then the event would have to change or go away, then the next player that comes along misses out. That’s why events have to be repeatable or at least repayable to the next player that comes along. To build a game that would change the world to an individual player in an MMO would be impossible, but if it could be that would be fantastic. The game would more or less have to emulate real life and if your character died there would be no res.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

On the right track?

Redbear.5910

its not that i came up with the idea it was the devs who came with this idea and promised. So in a way it is not my problem how they do it. or impossible how it is. they need to fix this. make personal story personal. and the things i mentioned are duable.

On the right track?

FlamingFoxx.1305

Umm. Final Rest is unique to the Shadow Behemoth….

On the right track?

Redbear.5910

Sorry to bring this news to you. final rest isnt an SB only drop.

On the right track?

FlamingFoxx.1305

Final Rest can only be acquired from a Demonic Chest – which is the Shadow Behemoth Chest. Yes you can buy it on the trading post – but you can do that with every weapon and the person who put it on the TP had to get it from the Shadow Behemoth in the first place.

There is no other creature or boss or chest that drops Final Rest. Check the wiki if you like. Then there’s the fact that originally when the game launched it was not actually in the in-game loot tables which Anet hadn’t realised, meaning that they repeatedly said it dropped from one boss and that somehow nobody had got one yet – then when they did put it in the loot tables people started getting them from SB, and that is the only place they were getting them.

On the right track?

Redbear.5910

maybe you should go back on topic. one drop does not make nor break the game.

On the right track?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It adds a lot to your credibility if you actually know what you’re talking about and don’t insist that you’re correct when the facts demonstrate otherwise.

On the right track?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Final Rest can only be acquired from a Demonic Chest – which is the Shadow Behemoth Chest. Yes you can buy it on the trading post – but you can do that with every weapon and the person who put it on the TP had to get it from the Shadow Behemoth in the first place.

There is no other creature or boss or chest that drops Final Rest. Check the wiki if you like. Then there’s the fact that originally when the game launched it was not actually in the in-game loot tables which Anet hadn’t realised, meaning that they repeatedly said it dropped from one boss and that somehow nobody had got one yet – then when they did put it in the loot tables people started getting them from SB, and that is the only place they were getting them.

Nobody, including ANet, realized the issue with the loot table, because the Behemoth event chain was bugged for several months. Thus nobody could effectively farm the chest to stress test said table.

On the right track?

Redbear.5910

It adds a lot to your credibility if you actually know what you’re talking about and don’t insist that you’re correct when the facts demonstrate otherwise.

It doesnt matter it is an yes no discussion witch can keep up forever. that is not my intention with this topic. let me put it this way i seen it drop from an different boss. and ill let it rest now. again not the issue with gw2. its the nice armor and weapons from those bosses not only one weapon for just a few classes.. as an warrior i dont care for an staff. plus they are only 5g to buy the final rest.

On the right track?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

let me put it this way i seen it drop from an different boss.

No, you didn’t. Someone might have “pinged” it, but that doesn’t mean it dropped right then and there, or that they even had it. Final Rest only drops from the SB, this was established by official word a long time ago.

Why should anyone engage you in a serious discussion when you won’t even admit you made a mistake?

(edited by tolunart.2095)

On the right track?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It doesnt matter it is an yes no discussion witch can keep up forever. that is not my intention with this topic. let me put it this way i seen it drop from an different boss. and ill let it rest now. again not the issue with gw2. its the nice armor and weapons from those bosses not only one weapon for just a few classes.. as an warrior i dont care for an staff. plus they are only 5g to buy the final rest.

If you claim to have seen it drop from a different boss, you are either a liar, or you fell for a troll posting the code in chat. Either way, your credibility just went down several notches.