Once a year sale day

Once a year sale day

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

Okey, here is a thing – ANet, did you consider of returning items that were on salve once and never did return in store (Grenth Hood etc) or you didnt? Do a one-day sale is a fair deal IMO, i myself would buy gems to buy these items, and i know that couple of my friends will do it also. =)

Once a year sale day

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Pretty sure last year around game anniversary, they brought back quite a few old items in the gemstore. They’ll probably do it again this year.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Once a year sale day

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

Oh, i didnt play GW2 in that time, so didnt know that =)

Once a year sale day

skullmount.1758

Ah, found the articles.
First anniversary sale: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-anniversary-sale/
Second sale: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-second-anniversary-10-day-sale/

While not guaranteed to happen again, I’m pretty sure they’ll do it again this year. Just don’t get your hopes too high though, they don’t bring back everything…

Darkhaven server

Once a year sale day

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Still a tad annoyed there are some things for sale in the gem store that we were originally told would be free. The living stories season 2 is one of them. Not going to start a “I hate Anet” thread, cause I really dont, but when you advertise a game for years as one that will have free downloadable content, then charge people for said ‘free downloadable content’, it kinda gets under my skin. I understand charging for the expansion, but not actual game play content. What angers me more about this is that it WAS free, then they stuck a price tag on it for everyone else.

Sources:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-wars-2-content-update/first#post86706

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-gets-free-content-every-month/

There were a few others, but harder to look for the info 4-5 years later.

Once a year sale day

skullmount.1758

To be fair, they’ve always been free, to an extent. Season 1 was free for everyone that could be on when they happened (especially the one time only events). Season 2 was free as well, you just had to login once during the two weeks when the content was new.

And as you’ve seen, their plans change (sometimes not for the better…).

Darkhaven server

Once a year sale day

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Still a tad annoyed there are some things for sale in the gem store that we were originally told would be free. The living stories season 2 is one of them.

LS #2 was free, if you logged on during the relevant time period (even if you didn’t play). ANet always said it would cost gems if you didn’t unlock it during that grace period.

Plus, since it costs gems, you can convert gold to pay for it. (That isn’t, of course, very convenient. It does, however, mean that you can still get the content without spending a dime.)

That’s still true. We continue to get content and feature updates without cost.

Of course, since that statement was made, the community pushed for an expac and ANet is also delivering that, which, by necessity, reduced the amount of no-cost content we’ve seen for the last 5-8 months.

Just a website repeating ANet’s hype; doesn’t really say anything different and, again, it’s still largely true.

4-5 years? The game has only been out 3 years.

tl;dr ANet has stayed true to the original quotes, within the context of also adding an expansion (at least partially due to player demand for paid-for content, too).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Once a year sale day

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Still a tad annoyed there are some things for sale in the gem store that we were originally told would be free. The living stories season 2 is one of them.

LS #2 was free, if you logged on during the relevant time period (even if you didn’t play). ANet always said it would cost gems if you didn’t unlock it during that grace period.

Plus, since it costs gems, you can convert gold to pay for it. (That isn’t, of course, very convenient. It does, however, mean that you can still get the content without spending a dime.)

That’s still true. We continue to get content and feature updates without cost.

Of course, since that statement was made, the community pushed for an expac and ANet is also delivering that, which, by necessity, reduced the amount of no-cost content we’ve seen for the last 5-8 months.

Just a website repeating ANet’s hype; doesn’t really say anything different and, again, it’s still largely true.

4-5 years? The game has only been out 3 years.

tl;dr ANet has stayed true to the original quotes, within the context of also adding an expansion (at least partially due to player demand for paid-for content, too).

I used 4-5 years because the game has only been out for 3 years. You don’t advertise for the release of a game after the game has been released =p

Once a year sale day

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I’ve been waiting for a discount on gathering tools since forever.

Once a year sale day

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I’ve been waiting for a discount on gathering tools since forever.

IIRC, they had a decent sized sale on those earlier this year like in early Feb or March, can’t remember. I just know it wasn’t last year or anything b/c I remember getting a couple sets after January. They might do another sometime during the fall or closer towards halloween.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?