Once again Guardian or Warrior?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rellick.9403

Rellick.9403

So I’m in the process of making my third desired lvl 80 class. So far I have made and loved a Thief and a Necro. Kind of a ranger. Now I want to make a heavy armor character and I cant decide between Guardian and Warrior. I have played both to at least lvl 40 but I cant decide. I want one that I can do PVP and PVE with, I like support, but sometimes prefer to just DPS, but even in DPS I enjoy to make a small amount of support. So far the only thing I didn’t like is the Guardian to me feels squishy as hell when DPSing, and the Warrior just cant seem to be too good at support in terms of keeping allies alive. So based on this which would be a good character for me? Am I just playing Guardian DPS wrong and thats why I have such a squishy dps?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Guardians can be squishy feeling due to low health, but with blocks/blinds/etc it works out. It seems like Guard might be the way to go for you,if you’re interested in the “help people stay alive” type of support

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Warrior. My friend leveled a level 80 guardian and now regrets it. Warrior feels cooler.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

war does more dmg, guar has a higher survival chance, choose what you care most about.

Posted by: Rellick.9403

Rellick.9403

Over time and mastery of the class would I be able to stay alive as easily as a warrior? Or is there a survivability issue for even the most experienced guards compared to warriors?

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

There is a warrior build that let’s you heal when you use shouts. With the right gear you can easily heal 5 people for 2,500 healing per-shout. It’s currently one of the more popular builds for WvW and with that much healing you’ll be very difficult to take down.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

guardian pve is a with boon buffs, dmg mitigation and reflects
warrior pve is a high DPS class, with power buffs, and AOE insta res

generally guardians are preferable for wvw in (semi)tank gear,
and warriors are preferablefor pve/world bosses

Both excell at dungeons… there is no reason why you should pick one or other from dungeon perspective

In the end bnth can be used to carry pugs through dungeons, warrior buffing all party 1000 power and gardian keeping ’m alive with aegis, blinds, boons and so on…

For optimum efficiency guards rely on warriors, and the other way around.
guardians have a low health pool but the best burdt heal in game, waarios have agiat health pool, and the best “healing signet” in game.

I prefer warriors, but mostly due to the enormous inpact I can have on ohers, I also play guards, and I’m mostly trying to kee myself alive, it’s a bit more tricky… but in doing so I generally also keep the others in party alive

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

Both classes are equally overpowered in the meta right now. They both have their roles, their niches, their strengths (which vastly outnumber their weaknesses) and over all will benefit a party and be welcomed into any party at all times.

Unlike what many others are saying, I personally feel like the difference is not really a matter of survivability for the two classes – no matter what class you play, with enough experience of the content and class either will be able to stay alive, and both Guardians and Warriors are both able to make numerous mistakes and get away with them. Guardian definitely has a higher skill ceiling and takes more experience with the content to be good. If you run with a good guardian, a well-timed aegis is very appreciated. Guardian is definitely a more active class, too; warriors just toss down a banner and weapon swap through their rotations for optimal DPS.

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)