One Little Request!

One Little Request!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teddie.8269

Teddie.8269

Please please include a party-system for entering matches for Villagers vs Ghosts, or even jumping puzzles. I want to be able to do these seasonal events with my guild and loved ones.

(edited by Teddie.8269)

One Little Request!

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

I’m pretty sure it’s random to keep it fun and accessible for everyone, a party thing could make it an imbalanced headache and would put restrictions on starting a match. As it is, you can just hop in wherever.

I don’t think festival pvp games should be the organised party kind of srs bsns.

One Little Request!

Teddie.8269

But why though, people are going to team up to kill each other anyway. Why can’t I do the same jumping puzzle as my friends to see who comes out on top? Why can’t all of my friends try and survive the night with me, instead of being in another instance?

it all reminds me of GW1 a little bit, with how the world is completely instanced if you’re not partied with someone

One Little Request!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, organized groups can cause problems, but preventing you from being able to participate with friends/guild mates/loved ones is worse. This is the #1 reason I seldom touch these types of events. This is especially frustrating since I love to play GW2 with my spouse.

One Little Request!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d like to see party play in the Clocktower, since its all individual anyway. You can’t do anything to help or hinder other players there.

I don’t agree for the actual competitive activities, though. An organized guild with TeamSpeak or whatever would crush a team of random players, which would mean the only way you’d stand a chance would be to also join an organized group. Which would make it more of a hassle than simply quick-joining and playing, and for those without guilds mean that you’d have to try and find groups through LFG or something.

I suppose maybe they could make 2 different modes for the competitive games, one for organized teams and one for randoms, the same way PvP has. But if there’s only going to be one or the other, random is the way to go.

One Little Request!

Teddie.8269

Like all I want to do is be able to enjoy the season’s festivities with people I would enjoy it with. I understand imbalance, but they should at least let you play with 1 other person if not a full party.

One Little Request!

Lady Elvea.2847

I can’t say I know why they put the Clocktower together that way (after 5 minutes in 2012 I left the area because I was so nauseaous I had to lie down 1,5 hour to get back to normal and never went back to it), but I think the “pvp” area should be more or less obvious.

While it’s meant to be slightly competitive it’s not meant to be a serious pvp arena, and allowing for people to form parties would invite a certain serious sense of competition into it that could scare off people who just want to enjoy the festival casually. It’s much more accessible if you don’t have to waste time LFG, and the casual pve player won’t have to worry about running into some hardcore overly fanatic pvp team either.

Besides, the chaotic aspect of being thrown in at random just really suits Halloween.

One Little Request!

Teddie.8269

All I practically did was play Villagers vs Ghosts when it was out last year, but I lost out on a lot of time playing with people I wanted to play with.

One Little Request!

Teddie.8269

I don’t think the game would become terribly imbalanced if you were allowed to play with 1 other person, as opposed to the full party.

One Little Request!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If organised groups could enter them it would ruin it for the randoms.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

One Little Request!

Lady Elvea.2847

I personally cover that with voice comms; get together and comment on your matches. It’s not insurmountible.

I can’t tell you why ANet chose this approach, I am obviously just speculating and my guess is just that organised pvp doesn’t fit in with their idea of a casual fun for all festival.

One Little Request!

Teddie.8269

:/ One unhappy customer

One Little Request!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

:/ One unhappy customer

I think your idea would create even more unhappy players. Nothing is more frustrating than being focused by several friends a game like southsun survival or crab toss already.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.