One server for trial, different when bought?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zero.5317

zero.5317

Q:

Same as the title. If a player starts the weekend trial on one server can he later buy the game and choose to start on a different server? Or will he be “locked” to the server he originally chose during the trial period?

One of my friends is on a server different to my own and we’re currently saving up enough in-game gold to buy a transfer so I can move over to his, however another friend has recently downloaded the trial and we’re not sure if he should come to my server (where I am free this weekend) or his (where he is busy this weekend). I don’t want him to start the trial with me if it means he cannot transfer over at a later date if he purchases the game.

(edited by zero.5317)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

I am pretty sure when you purchase the game, you can choose a server at that time, but even if that is not true, you can change servers free anytime you delete all characters. It costs to transfer characters, never accounts.

zero.5317

Thanks for the response. I am inclined to believe that, though there’s a lot of conflicting answers on the net. I am not sure if the nay-sayers have actually tried it out or are simply saying “it doesn’t work” because in their opinion it won’t.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

zero.5317

Thanks to both of you.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Nooooooooooooooooo, free trials can go to any server? Why is there not just a trial server for all?

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

Nooooooooooooooooo, free trials can go to any server? Why is there not just a trial server for all?

There would be no point to that, because guesting.

Tarnished Coast

Ruprect.7260

I wonder if there will be queues to get on some servers this weekend then. This could really screw up WvW as well. There will be so many PuGs on this weekend. I forsee huge queues for WvW at all time this weekend.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just more likely to run into an overflow on the lowbie maps

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

I wonder if there will be queues to get on some servers this weekend then. This could really screw up WvW as well. There will be so many PuGs on this weekend. I forsee huge queues for WvW at all time this weekend.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "

“Crap!”

Tarnished Coast

Ruprect.7260

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "

“Crap!”

I am not sure what this means but I am in no way discouraging anyone from trying the game. I am just pointing out the obvious.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As ArenaNet has shown us in the past, they have the ability to raise the server cap at any time; I would not be surprised if they do so for this weekend. Although, this would not affect any queues for WvW, I doubt there will be queues to ‘get on some servers’.

Of course, I could be wrong. =)

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I started playing the game with the Karka trial weekend and the server I picked is the same one I have now.