One shots in this game...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Why is it even possible to get for more damage then you have hp? I mean it would be ok, if a trebshot hit me like a truck but a npc?

Attachments:

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

It’s the lord, he hits like a truck because he is a kitteng lord and we are only peasant. He trained his whole life in this lethal attak, 90 years of trainning in the mountain. Go train your auto attak in the mountain for 90 years, you will hit like a truck too.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why is it even possible to get for more damage then you have hp? I mean it would be ok, if a trebshot hit me like a truck but a npc?

I think the real question is, why are you not dodging an extremely clearly telegraphed attack?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

This game is extremely punishing, but that’s why universally available dodging and combat resurrection are such integral parts of the game.

Posted by: Crash.9186

Crash.9186

Because some other server just capped the keep and the lord gets buffed out of his face to make everyone gtfo of the lords room and clearly, it works.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

The amount of insta-gib skills in this game turning it into a huge “run around like headless chicken and dodge, dodge, dodge”-fest is actually one of my bigger gripes with GW2, but it’s so omnipresent that you really have to either swallow it or find another game.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The amount of insta-gib skills in this game turning it into a huge “run around like headless chicken and dodge, dodge, dodge”-fest is actually one of my bigger gripes with GW2, but it’s so omnipresent that you really have to either swallow it or find another game.

You only run around like a headless chicken if you don’t know what you’re doing. Like all those people at Dwyna getting hit by the blue flames despite it being a blatantly obvious telegraph even through all the particle effects.

The fights are mostly rather easy to see through in this game. Every 1HKO or massively damaging attack pretty much screams ‘DODGEEEE’ before they hit you. Plus, the dodging in this game is very very forgiving in terms of timing.

Maybe its because I’ve played a lot of action MMOs so dodging is pretty much second nature to me.

If you ever played vanilla Vindictus, boy, that’s what you call punishing.

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Did you seriously get downed by a buffed guild lord?

Perhaps its a l2p issue on your end.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Dodging isn’t always possible. Many people play on 200+ms ping, actually I would say it is pretty average if you are a non-US player playing on the NA servers. It still gives a lower overall ping to some countries like Australia than the EU servers, but if you have anything beyond about 100-150ms (which are considered quite low by today’s standards) dodging at the right time becomes alot harder.

There are many other things that factor into this, like reflexes which can be harmed by conditions like RSI that are common amoung gamers, even progamers. Its not the best idea to just tell people that if they can’t dodge they should just get out, although that attitude is way too common in-game, especially for dungeons… there’s not alot of games like GW2 and there is far more to this game than just that one little action-based mechanic that , to be honest, is poorly implemented, being little more than an invulnerability button that you can press at the right time.

It doesn’t take skill to do it, and its not very L2P compared to other action games that implement dodging in a meaningful manner that you have to think about. But because the developers have taken to balancing the entire combat metagame around their poorly implemented dodge mechanic, players are forced to live with it. So you’re going to be seeing one-hit KOs forever, and probably more of them.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Dodging isn’t always possible. Many people play on 200+ms ping, actually I would say it is pretty average if you are a non-US player playing on the NA servers.

I live in a second/third (it’s in between, might as well call it 2.5 world country) world country and I don’t get 200ms ping. When I was in the US a few months ago, I’m using Cox internet and I had absolutely never encountered an issue of ping/lag.

Back here, the average internet speed is 1mbps, we get ping of 10-100ms, no lag/delay still. Maybe some players ought to use LAN instead of wifi? Maybe there’s interference?

Call ISP.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

In this particular case you don’t even have to dodge.

You can simply walk away.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I was hiding in bay after it was capped… the lord hit me through a wall for 44k with call to arms. Feel free to critique my lack of ability to evade an npc that doesn’t spawn anywhere near me and was obscured by a solid wall. With my back to a wall I wasn’t really checking behind me anyway, so if there was an AoE ring, I certainly missed it. Boy was I surprised. Naturally an enemy saw the downed symbol on their map and came to collect their hard earned loot =\

Attachments:

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

There is a very distinct sound effect when he is casting it as well. Turn your sound up a bit.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Nothing new to Rangers, our pets can get one-shotted/one hit Knock out(OHKO) in alot of different way. Effectively shutting down the class feauture,reducing more than half the ranger dps and utilities/traits that requires a live pet. Take Liadri boss fight for example,so hard to keep ranger and pet alive whilst trying to kill her since her ohko AOE is covering so much space in that tiny room.

Use a ranger more and you’ll won’t be bothered at the next OHKO.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

One shots in this game…

Are the CHEESEIST mechanics any developer can put in the game.

Just because we have dodge does not make it acceptable it be 1 shot dead before we have any chance to use our skills to defend ourselves.

I am really, really surprised so many players are so accepting of such lazy design…

Standards in gaming have slipped, gone downhill so much over the last decade or so…

Xae Isareth.1364

One shots in this game…

Just because we have dodge does not make it acceptable it be 1 shot dead before we have any chance to use our skills to defend ourselves.

I am really, really surprised so many players are so accepting of such lazy design…

Standards in gaming have slipped, gone downhill so much over the last decade or so…

There isn’t one 1HKO which doesn’t give you a chance to think about it, except for the first boss in Arah P3, but that’s more down to how stupid the cleansing mechanics work.

So if you get hit by a 1HKO, that’s your fault and your fault completely.

And I’m so sorry to say it (@pOster a few posts above) we can’t consider RSI or lag in a game, because otherwise the game would be balanced around the user basically doing nothing.

Also, 1HKOs have been in action-MMOs and action-based games in general for a long time. Certain death as an interesting attraction to it. It gives the player a nice adrenaline rush when they see it coming, which I quite enjoy.

Posted by: Ethaine.8419

Ethaine.8419

One shots in this game…

There isn’t one 1HKO which doesn’t give you a chance to think about it, except for the first boss in Arah P3, but that’s more down to how stupid the cleansing mechanics work.

And I’m so sorry to say it (@pOster a few posts above) we can’t consider RSI or lag in a game, because otherwise the game would be balanced around the user basically doing nothing.

Also, 1HKOs have been in action-MMOs and action-based games in general for a long time. Certain death as an interesting attraction to it. It gives the player a nice adrenaline rush when they see it coming, which I quite enjoy.

Then what’s the point in having toughness if it will just one shot you anyway?
Im all for making a boss hard but when something one hits, it just makes the game frustrating. Example – when my warrior was running a full soldier build, i had 32k hp and 3.4k armour, to get 1 hit with that amount of defense is just boring and is not called for.

(edited by Ethaine.8419)

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

My main issue with this, is that most PvE encounters only appear to be difficult when single attacks are too heavy to survive without dodging/blocking. (Be it one shots, rapid bursts or AoE circle overlaps)

I don’t mind that they are in the game. They pose an interesting challenge to many a player. But I think there should be more challenging areas in which we have to depend on other mechanics than dodging to succeed. (Like the ooze-puzzle in the TA Aether path for example)

The easiest way to make champions and bosses ‘challenging’ is to make them:

• Hit super hard
  • Have a huge amount of health (so you have to be on the top of your game longer)
  • Hard to stop (defiance)

And we already have plenty of that. My main issue with this is that my build doesn’t play a very big role in these encounters. Changing my build or approach to the battle is a challenge for the mind. Dodging the lethal attacks is a challenge for the reflexes. I would like to have some of both.

But more on that over here.

That said… I don’t think you’re meant to fight a buffed lord. And this kind of attack clearly sends that message.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

One hits are ok.
The fact that 2000 or 3400 armor makes no difference however is bs.

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

There is a very distinct sound effect when he is casting it as well. Turn your sound up a bit.

Ah, that might’ve saved my skin. As far as I’m concerned heavily telegraphed OHKs are fine… I really just felt like complaining about my incident

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

It’s the lord, he hits like a truck because he is a kitteng lord and we are only peasant.

Wait up, aren’t we supposed to be hero’s, I’m pressing “H” to bring up my “Hero” panel, are you pressing “P” to bring up your “Peasant” panel ?

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Xae Isareth.1364

One shots in this game…

Im all for making a boss hard but when something one hits, it just makes the game frustrating. Example – when my warrior was running a full soldier build, i had 32k hp and 3.4k armour, to get 1 hit with that amount of defense is just boring and is not called for.

Because only a few attacks are 1HKOs. Its like having a HP bar in Megaman. Yes, a few things like crushers will instakill you, but it doesn’t make playing the game with 1 bar of health the same as playing the game with a full bar.

Armor makes a significant difference in the game, but its just that for what most people do in the game everyday, ie, AC P3, champion zergs etc. you don’t need it. In places like TA Aetherpath, high leveled fractals etc, things which were supposed to be endgame, you’ll notice a huge difference. At least I do anyways.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Proof that Warriors aren’t OP! Look how much more damage the Lords do with that skill!

Nerf pls QQ.

Attachments:

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Rainweaver.7302

Rainweaver.7302

Champion Icebrood Wolves with their instant-cast 1HKO leap attack.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Inconsistent tells (starter zone mobs universally use a bright flare to indicate a heavy attack, later mobs not so much), FX smog, 1vsX, and camera issues, all leads to heavy attacks that are harder to notice than they should be for a twitch focused game.

Also, end game is universally about attrition fights. With anything above trash mobs having health pools that make a bunker warrior envious. And long fights makes concentrations wander, leading to a increased chance that heavy attack is missed and so lead to what can be seen as a one shot (tho mathematically it rarely is), because it sends the character health so low that even a random trash mob, never mind the basic attack of something bigger, can send you into down state.

Ethaine.8419

One shots in this game…

Because only a few attacks are 1HKOs. Its like having a HP bar in Megaman. Yes, a few things like crushers will instakill you, but it doesn’t make playing the game with 1 bar of health the same as playing the game with a full bar.

Armor makes a significant difference in the game, but its just that for what most people do in the game everyday, ie, AC P3, champion zergs etc. you don’t need it. In places like TA Aetherpath, high leveled fractals etc, things which were supposed to be endgame, you’ll notice a huge difference. At least I do anyways.

I’ve had my fair share of getting downed in 1 hit to a champion, when you can’t tell if they are charging an attack. Mostly because of the particle effects of other players, I also know mobs scale based on players, an easy solution would be to disable all effects but your own, or something along those lines.

Ethaine.8419

^This

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Risen Sharks also do absurd damage for the short cast time of their skill. Veteran Risen Sharks could feasibly one-shot squishy heroes and I’ve known Champion Risen Sharks to one-shot (or just about one shot) tank-built characters.

And then there’s the plethora of map bosses whose telegraphs are nigh-impossible to see thanks to the ludicrous number of bloom effects being put out by players.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

One shots in this game…

A few things to comment on here. First of all, most games are balanced around the average ping for broadband, not the lowest ping. Only a few games (eg LoL and GW2 and all FPSes by tradition) are balanced around the lowest ping. Secondly, many bosses and monsters in this game lack proper tells for KO attacks, and even if they have them they can be difficult to see/hear in all of the mess of particle effects, sounds, and other assorted combat pretties.

And lastly, other MMOs that have 1HKO mechanics have proper revival skills (I don’t count the downed state joke) and alot more ability to prevent them than a single profession-indiscriminate mechanic and a single profession mechanic (Aegis). Guild Wars 2 has the least skills out of any game I have ever played by far, and most of them are just copy pasted variations of each other with no ingenuity. Its kind of hard to surivve these mechanics when it all comes down twitch reflexes rather than mental prowess.

I laugh when people say this game is about skill. Its roughly as much about skill as using a calculator is to doing math in your head. In GW2, the game gives you skill, you just have to use it. while other games, you have to learn it, and then use it.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: DragonHarlock.8274

DragonHarlock.8274

Nope. They’re not 1-shot kills. They do heavy damage, but definitely not 1-shot. I know this because I keep that champion icebrood mutt busy when Claw of Jormag is up and someone silly drags him into the group. Of course if you’re using a fragile character it will feel like a 1-shot. But if you actually have a tanky character you can take about 2-3 of those pounces no problem. Now having that champion plus the other 3 normal doggies with it pounce at you all at once… that hurts :P So far I have not encountered any 1-shot kill mechanics in this game that are not clearly telegraphed with a prolonged, Saturday morning cartoon villain-esque pose :P

digiowl.9620

So far I have not encountered any 1-shot kill mechanics in this game that are not clearly telegraphed with a prolonged, Saturday morning cartoon villain-esque pose :P

End result is that it comes down to individual comprehension/reaction time. What feels like a long time for some, feels like a split second for others. It also depends on how often one fight a single opponent over and over in 1v1. I’m slowly picking up on the dramoss (and the very similar hypnoss) but for the rest, no dice. I simply do not have the mental capacity to memorize every tell for every variation of every race.

While it comes back to playing the ui rather than playing the game, i kinda prefer the Champions Online solution. A small set of icons, all showing up right next to the mobs targeting data (and also over his head, superimposed over any and all animations and FX) that tells you something big is coming.

Then again that game also have a universal block mechanic, that can be maintained for as long as you feel needed, rather than fire and forget mechanics that last for just a few seconds.

Meaning that there is no chance of reacting too soon, something i have done on occasions (hind brain confusion one animation for another or something). Just hunker down behind the block upon noticing a threat and wait it out. Much better than the interrupt concept that GW2, SWTOR, and likely others, are laden with.

Just sad that the game has gone lockbox heavy in recent years…

DragonHarlock.8274

So far I have not encountered any 1-shot kill mechanics in this game that are not clearly telegraphed with a prolonged, Saturday morning cartoon villain-esque pose :P

End result is that it comes down to individual comprehension/reaction time. What feels like a long time for some, feels like a split second for others. It also depends on how often one fight a single opponent over and over in 1v1. I’m slowly picking up on the dramoss (and the very similar hypnoss) but for the rest, no dice. I simply do not have the mental capacity to memorize every tell for every variation of every race.

While it comes back to playing the ui rather than playing the game, i kinda prefer the Champions Online solution. A small set of icons, all showing up right next to the mobs targeting data (and also over his head, superimposed over any and all animations and FX) that tells you something big is coming.

Then again that game also have a universal block mechanic, that can be maintained for as long as you feel needed, rather than fire and forget mechanics that last for just a few seconds.

Meaning that there is no chance of reacting too soon, something i have done on occasions (hind brain confusion one animation for another or something). Just hunker down behind the block upon noticing a threat and wait it out. Much better than the interrupt concept that GW2, SWTOR, and likely others, are laden with.

Just sad that the game has gone lockbox heavy in recent years…

This is what I do since I too don’t have every single tell memorized in the slightest in this game. If it look like it’s winding up, get the heck out of the way or make sure you mitigate the oncoming hit somehow whether through dodging, blocking, blinding if the mob isn’t defiant, popping invulnerability, etc. And personally I like interrupt and active mitigation better than hiding behind a blocking mechanic and just waiting it out until the threat has passed. The latter is a little too passive for my taste. And I agree everyone has different reaction time. But that doesn’t mean you can’t improve on said reaction time. Besides working on quicker reaction time is always good, in games and in real life.

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I’m fine with it, but my pet isn’t. WTF ANet, make the game around dodging then force me to use an NPC that can’t.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

It’s the lord, he hits like a truck because he is a kitteng lord and we are only peasant.

Wait up, aren’t we supposed to be hero’s, I’m pressing “H” to bring up my “Hero” panel, are you pressing “P” to bring up your “Peasant” panel ?

Not in WvW your not, there your just another nameless soul belonging to another server in the eyes of the enemy.

Posted by: PillageYourVillage.7548

PillageYourVillage.7548

Srsly the Lord is kitten ing me off too why cant he just spin in place and get vertigo instead of onehitting people

Posted by: Rainweaver.7302

Rainweaver.7302

Nope. They’re not 1-shot kills. They do heavy damage, but definitely not 1-shot. I know this because I keep that champion icebrood mutt busy when Claw of Jormag is up and someone silly drags him into the group. Of course if you’re using a fragile character it will feel like a 1-shot. But if you actually have a tanky character you can take about 2-3 of those pounces no problem. Now having that champion plus the other 3 normal doggies with it pounce at you all at once… that hurts :P So far I have not encountered any 1-shot kill mechanics in this game that are not clearly telegraphed with a prolonged, Saturday morning cartoon villain-esque pose :P

They’re not literal 1-shot kills, but they still deal a massive amount of damage (80% HP of my 3200 toughness, 25k HP engineer) for an attack you cannot react. Whenever I fight these wolves I have to play a guessing game of when their next attack will be the leap or not. If I don’t dodge prematurely and guess it wrong, I will lose most of my HP.

I have no problems with attacks that you can’t react to, as long as they have moderate damage and effects. The gorilla boss from Arah P1 has a instant cast ground slam that will hit for something like 7k damage and launch people away. That to me is balanced as it’s not a massive amount of damage. Icebrood Wolves and Megalodons deal their main source of damage with attacks that offer zero reaction, and that’s not a good design in my opinion.

DragonHarlock.8274

They’re not literal 1-shot kills, but they still deal a massive amount of damage (80% HP of my 3200 toughness, 25k HP engineer) for an attack you cannot react. Whenever I fight these wolves I have to play a guessing game of when their next attack will be the leap or not. If I don’t dodge prematurely and guess it wrong, I will lose most of my HP.

I have no problems with attacks that you can’t react to, as long as they have moderate damage and effects. The gorilla boss from Arah P1 has a instant cast ground slam that will hit for something like 7k damage and launch people away. That to me is balanced as it’s not a massive amount of damage. Icebrood Wolves and Megalodons deal their main source of damage with attacks that offer zero reaction, and that’s not a good design in my opinion.

I completely agree that those icebrood wolves should have a bit of a longer tell for that damaging attack combo of theirs. I just have qualms with people saying 1-shot mechanics are everywhere even though they’re really not XD. Lots of people are under this illusion that defense doesn’t matter and everything will kill you in 1 hit anyway, so they go all out damage. Then they get downed in 1 or 2 hits and their illusion is reinforced.

And actually there might be something buggy with the icebrood wolf’s big damage attack combo. If you look at your combat log, the attacks actually do 2 hits at once sometimes, per visible hit. It doesn’t happen all the time and that’s why sometimes I can take two visible wolf hits and still survive and sometimes the second hit just downs me, both situations starting from full health and not being hit by anything else other than those attacks. But when it doesn’t go wonky I always survive from my full health of 18k on my guardian with about 3-5k hp to spare if I get hit by both. I don’t think that’s too bad a deal. Of course after the first hit I roll away and let a squishy eat the second pounce… which further reinforces their “defense doesn’t matter” illusion… oops >.>

digiowl.9620

Any time a single hit eats 50% or more of someone health, they may be for all practical purposes “one hit”. This because if they happen at any time outside of perfect health, they have a high chance of taking the character out.

And this scenario increases sharply when fighting more than one mob.

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Perhaps we should say: Being in the wrong spot for a second kills you, rather than getting one shot does?

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

I completely agree that those icebrood wolves should have a bit of a longer tell for that damaging attack combo of theirs. I just have qualms with people saying 1-shot mechanics are everywhere even though they’re really not XD. Lots of people are under this illusion that defense doesn’t matter and everything will kill you in 1 hit anyway, so they go all out damage. Then they get downed in 1 or 2 hits and their illusion is reinforced.

And actually there might be something buggy with the icebrood wolf’s big damage attack combo. If you look at your combat log, the attacks actually do 2 hits at once sometimes, per visible hit. It doesn’t happen all the time and that’s why sometimes I can take two visible wolf hits and still survive and sometimes the second hit just downs me, both situations starting from full health and not being hit by anything else other than those attacks. But when it doesn’t go wonky I always survive from my full health of 18k on my guardian with about 3-5k hp to spare if I get hit by both. I don’t think that’s too bad a deal. Of course after the first hit I roll away and let a squishy eat the second pounce… which further reinforces their “defense doesn’t matter” illusion… oops >.>

>Guardian

I’d like to see how much your point of view would change if you played a low surv. class.

Heavy armored classes should be excluded from these topics by default.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s the lord, he hits like a truck because he is a kitteng lord and we are only peasant. He trained his whole life in this lethal attak, 90 years of trainning in the mountain. Go train your auto attak in the mountain for 90 years, you will hit like a truck too.

This made my day.

DragonHarlock.8274

Any time a single hit eats 50% or more of someone health, they may be for all practical purposes “one hit”. This because if they happen at any time outside of perfect health, they have a high chance of taking the character out.

And this scenario increases sharply when fighting more than one mob.

It’s still not “one hit.” The definition of “one hit” is, regardless of the situation, your HP bar, your armour rating, your boons, and any other game mechanic really, that one hit will down you. There’s not a thing in the world you can do to prevent being downed if you are hit. Even if you play smart and almost perfectly, and just so happen to get hit with a single stray attack, you go down. But that is not what this is. Not even close.

In regard to fighting more than one mob, you have to size up the enemy encounter before engaging it. If you see a champion icebrood and its pack of normals coming your way, you don’t just go in there and engage them all alone. That’s suicide. Break them up. Have a couple of people support you. If you plan on taking on the champion and keeping its attention, make sure that the other mobs are dead or at least not hitting you.

We should all be constantly trying to be aware of our surroundings and our health. If you’re squishy and you notice a hungry corrupted wolf running in your general direction, even if you’re in the middle of a dense pack of people, move out of the way. Don’t be a passive victim :P

Its damaging attack is a combo. Each hit alone doesn’t have the power to kill you instantly… unless you’re a glass cannon, a squishy class, or both… so you can get out of harm’s way when you notice your health go down. You just have to make sure you have enough health always to at least eat one hit from the combo. If you don’t, get out and recover. There’s other cannon fodder out there to keep it busy >.>

And really group event champions, especially ones tied with world dragon events, should hit pretty hard. I mean the dragons themselves are absolutely no threat. Only the timers and the mobs ever pose any real danger to the success of the event and to one’s personal HP bar respectively. And right now the danger posed by some of those mobs is trivial since people can just res you and up you go to fight again.

DragonHarlock.8274

>Guardian

I’d like to see how much your point of view would change if you played a low surv. class.

Heavy armored classes should be excluded from these topics by default.

So what are you trying to get at? Absolutely no class should have survivability? Or that every class should have the exact same survivability regardless of profession and armour class? Where do you see this in other games? What would even be the point of having different armour classes? What would be the point of having different classes at all? If I’m an elementalist, knowing I’m at the lowest end of both health and armour tiers, with full knowledge that my gear isn’t at all tanky, I will definitely be keeping my distance from anything with a golden border around its portrait. And you know what, I have all 8 classes at 80. I’ve been hit by this thing with all of them. I know which ones of them will crumple over in one hit and avoid it like the plague when I’m on those characters.