One strike mithril

One strike mithril

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anyone seen this anywhere else besides EB in WvW? (Mithril node that only has 1 strike’s worth of ore.) There’s also the rich mithril that only allows 3 strikes.

If it’s only an EB thing, then is it a 2 year old joke by Anet referring to the lack of rewards in WvW?

One strike mithril

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Yes, I’ve seen it and reported both nodes.

One strike mithril

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Those nodes have been messed up since launch. There’s actually a new Rich Mithril Node in The Silverwastes that also gives only 3 hits. It really is just like WvW!

This is an obvious bug with a 5 minute fix, so at this point I think it’s just some sort of cruel joke.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

One strike mithril

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

There is a rich mithril node in SW that only gives 3 strikes instead of the usual 10.
I’ve only ever seen the 1-strike rich mithril node in EB.

One strike mithril

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

This might be due to depreciating returns. There are particular nodes I farm very often, however, if I try to farm them more than 3 times a day, I only get one strike. On top of that, I actually work the system to be on difference instances when I do the farming so it may be possible that you’re only getting one strike because you are in a map instance that you have farmed before.

One way to check this is to leave that node alone for at least 2 hours before the daily reset and then farm it. If you get all 10 strikes, it’s likely DR that was preventing you from farming it beforehand.

One strike mithril

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Mithril has a hidden counter how much you can harvest per zone, once you reached
that number you don’t get anymore and nodes also are no longer harvestable until
daily reset.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

One strike mithril

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

One Strike Mithril would be a cool in game name.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

One strike mithril

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

Mithril has a hidden counter how much you can harvest per zone, once you reached
that number you don’t get anymore and nodes also are no longer harvestable until
daily reset.

[citation needed]

One strike mithril

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

daily reset.

[citation needed]

I can say that this at least doesn’t apply to the broken rich node in Silver Wastes, since the rich ones were the only ones I tried harvesting that day…

One strike mithril

EnemyCrusher.7324

This might be due to depreciating returns. There are particular nodes I farm very often, however, if I try to farm them more than 3 times a day, I only get one strike. On top of that, I actually work the system to be on difference instances when I do the farming so it may be possible that you’re only getting one strike because you are in a map instance that you have farmed before.

One way to check this is to leave that node alone for at least 2 hours before the daily reset and then farm it. If you get all 10 strikes, it’s likely DR that was preventing you from farming it beforehand.

Diminishing returns don’t affect gathering.

It’s very specific nodes that give less than they should. There’s a mithril node that can spawn south of Stonemist Castle that only gives one hit, and a rich mithril vein that can spawn either east or north of Wildcreek tower that only gives three hits. There’s also a rich orichalcum vein that can spawn in Obsidian Sanctum that only gives three hits, and a rich mithril vein that can spawn in the Silverwastes that only gives three hits. All other nodes give their normal amounts.

daily reset.

Not true. (Based on extensive experience gathering almost every day since beta.)

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

One strike mithril

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Just harvest herbs around Fort Trinity for 3-4 hours and harvest all the mithril there,
and after that you will see, or better NOT see any more mithril.

I had that already in FGS 2 years ago when i was farming there for hours and always
harvested the mithril .. thought at that time however it was a bug.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

One strike mithril

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

im pretty sure those used to (like at launch) give the full amount (at least the ori in OBS and the one(s) that used to be in EB). They got nerfed at some point. i guess people were farming them too much. The mithril was probably nerfed when the ori was (at least in EB).

Also, yes i have noticed the “rich” mithril vein in silverwastes that only gives 2 strikes. i think it moves too, but that is usually after i have mined another rich vein in Silverwastes.

If you really want mithril you can go to Orr.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

One strike mithril

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

If I harvest the Rich Mithril Node on one character for the first time after reset I get all 10 strikes. I try to harvest it again on any other character within that same amount of time and I get only 2 strikes.

I chalked it up to it being a Rich node once every 24 hours per account then reverting to a normal node for all other characters for the rest of that 24 hours.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

One strike mithril

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

What are you guys doing with all that Mithril? Just out of interest

One strike mithril

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i have about 50 lumps of mithrillium for the off chance that jewelcrafting gets an update

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

One strike mithril

EnemyCrusher.7324

What are you guys doing with all that Mithril? Just out of interest

i have about 50 lumps of mithrillium for the off chance that jewelcrafting gets an update

Most of mine goes toward mitrillium too. I also use a chunk of it to upgrade siege weapons.