One thing I miss about the dragons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Listen this as you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YzWlxbg34Y

“Fear not this Night” really invoked something, and presumably in most of us since it was so popular. The song was a nornish epic ballad. Elder dragons were ruining everything, and this was a defiant anthem; good versus evil.

I am not a Scarlet hater, but at the same time she has completely removed this focus. There was SO much build up for YEARS and then it’s just gone in favor of Scarly-come-lately. The logo of GW2 is an elder dragon.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Posted by: Grimlock.4102

Grimlock.4102

I agree. Fear not this Night still comes on my ipod when driving to work or college. It’s a great song, I remember listening to it while eagerly awaiting beta weekends and announcements.

It was epic, it reminds me of finishing arah story mode, and then conquering lupicus in explorable for the first time. Or the mad king coming out of the fountain and the defending lions arch against the karka siege. While I have to agree that Scarlet is not an intimidating villain with her “Hue I’m a cute and crazy bad gurl” I feel like she won’t be around forever though.

But we do have sort of epic events going on if you take her out of it. Like running the nightmare gauntlet in the tower or slaying the boss in the thaumova reactor. Though I hope one day we’ll be taking part in blowing off Jormags wings, shoving Primordus back to hell, or even chopping our way through an elder dragons minions to get to their lair. I feel like overcoming overwhelming odds against a seemingly unstoppable foe (aka an elder dragon) would be drastically more satisfying than watching scarlet run away from us every time we see her.

We need more scary and intimidating places like Orr to build up some stokedness.

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

What? Dragons? Nah, ain’t nobody got time for all-powerful dragons that can warp the very terrain just by flying over it.

We gotta chase this Saturday morning cartoon villain with the random wacky plots who always manages to escape us because she’s sooooo perfect.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

I am not a Scarlet hater

You should be

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

One thing I miss about Dragons? Dragons. They might as well not exist right now.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Are you aware Dragons are nothing but Scarlet minions right?

And all those years of “Dragons threatening Tyria” was just a warm up for Scarlet.

Same with all GW1 lore. Everything is just part of Scarlet evil plot.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

I’ll say the same thing I’ve always said. It took ANET about a year to tune their Zhaitan fight so “they” were happy about it. If we assume all Dragons take 1 year before the next is released that’s 5 more years of Dragons. Now don’t get me wrong, GW2 is….fine, but when we spent a full year achieving literally nothing in terms of Living Story, I’m worried about the direction the game is heading.

I waited YEARS from GW1 →GW2. I didn’t spend that time wanting to fight a poorly written cartoon villain who basically screams I NEED ATTENTION. If they spent a full year having us prepare for the next dragon I woulda been hyped about it. But instead we get the lazy writers dream. A sylvari who can apparently graduate all the Asuran Colleges and can convince all the “races” to team up for her own purposes. A good villian requires depth, she just doesn’t have it.

Bring back the dragons! I’m sure anyone from GW1 can agree, I came here to finish the fight, not give some attention hungry filler character reassurance that she’s the best out there because she managed to do things no one else could.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

One thing I miss about Dragons? Dragons.

LOLOLOL

This seems like the perfect time to dump the dragons and scarlett and move back to the GW1 prophecies lore.

I’ll even help you write it ANet!

The Charr capture scarlett but refuse to hand her over to the humans. This causes war to once again break out between the two races and much bloodshed ensues. The humans start to lose so they invoke the power of their once powerful gods, who duly come to their aid and turn the tide of battle in their favor.

Fearing defeat the Charr side with the once mighty Dhuum, freeing him from his dormant state but at great cost. Dhuum and his minions turn on the Charr and proceed to lay waste to the land of Tyria, threatening human and Charr alike.

…and so on.

Meanwhile the Asura, Slyvari, and Norn all catch a mysterious disease and die.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Dragons will be missed

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

LMAO

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

LOLOLOL

This seems like the perfect time to dump the dragons and scarlett and move back to the GW1 prophecies lore.

The Charr capture scarlett but refuse to hand her over to the humans. This causes war to once again break out between the two races and much bloodshed ensues. The humans start to lose so they invoke the power of their once powerful gods, who duly come to their aid and turn the tide of battle in their favor.

Fearing defeat the Charr side with the once mighty Dhuum, freeing him from his dormant state but at great cost. Dhuum and his minions turn on the Charr and proceed to lay waste to the land of Tyria, threatening human and Charr alike.

…and so on.

Still a better lore story than gw2.

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

LOLOLOL

…and so on.

Forget that and the dragons.

I want to know what the latest kitten Canthan Emperor has been up to, why the gods disappeared and when is Palawa Joko going to take over the world?

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

LOLOLOL

…and so on.

Forget that and the dragons.

I want to know what the latest kitten Canthan Emperor has been up to, why the gods disappeared and when is Palawa Joko going to take over the world?

All great questions.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]