Only one who's excited about this?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Splody.2640

Splody.2640

Enhanced performance in WvW

If i am not mistaken, this means that people who don’t have 10000€ computers will finnaly be able to be inside a zerg of 20 people or so?

Thats exactly my case, i can run everysingle game there is out there, in max settings, assassins creed, crysis etc etc, and yet, i can’t perform well when fightning with a zerg, trying to capture or a keep or something, even on the lowest settings.

This is a big improvement to my staying in guild wars 2, since i enjoy wvw, but due to not be able to contribut in any of the objectives, i just don’t go there.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I’m with you there. I’d love to WvW with the rest without having to buy a new rig to do it.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I’m excited about the whole package.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

TheIronFistOfDeath.3016

That sounds great! I wish they’d do it to the entire game though.

Posted by: Josh.8154

Josh.8154

I would LOVE to turn off spell effects for huge zergs since lag out both in PvE and WvW. I only have a laptop so have very limited graphics but overall my connection is great so usually do not lag as bad as I did when I began at launch.

Home Server: Kaineng, Guild: Domicile Officer
Yarlash, lvl 80 Human Thief
Guild Website: www.domicile.guildlaunch.com

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

hahaha you think people with 2G’s computers run this game well in wvw? no matter how much your computer costs, the game has zero optimization so it runs like **** with everyone. increasing performance is great but something tells me it’ll be something like 3fps increase so hard to care or see a difference.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Lumberjackth.3764

Lumberjackth.3764

Yeah when the game came out, I really didn’t have any issues with players, but then they just quit loading for me. Idk my fps didn’t really take a hit either way. this rig only costed $500 overall but I used the monitor, and basics from my previous rig.

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

I run wvw pretty fine to be honest. 8 gig ddr3 ram, i5 k655 processor, nvidia 560 ti GPU. My system is mostly average really and deff does not cost much more then a grand. Maybe you need to update your drivers or clean out your HD? Heck, if you leave your PC on all the time a simple shut down to clear the ram can do wonders. Yes, some people have needed to do this x_x

Posted by: Splody.2640

Splody.2640

I must disagree with that nuka cola, there are lots of people streaming wvw, in big zergs, 40 vs 40 and so on.

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

I would also like to point out this game had a HELL of a bad frame rate when the first beta weekend rolled around. Compared to then, I would say the game has made huge strides in optimization.

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I just started getting into WvW. My only problem right now is people being “obstructed”, but they can hit me. -.-

Other than that, I can’t wait for the fractal change, reward system, and them to start improving boss encounters.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I just started getting into WvW. My only problem right now is people being “obstructed”, but they can hit me. -.-

Other than that, I can’t wait for the fractal change, reward system, and them to start improving boss encounters.

the knee high walls are absolutely stupid.
They block nothing, you can get pulled over them, and if someone is standing at a non-perfect spot (which is always) your character shoots straight down into it and gets obstructed.

Defenders on the walls should have an advantage over the attackers, not the other way around. A knee high wall should NOT be stopping my “vision” of a ram at the gate that I can clearly see. (I die a little inside when I see “not in sight range” of something that’s less than 10ft away and clearly within the range of my skills)

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Colin did state during an interview last week that some of the first culling changes will be rolling out in this patch. I’m more than eager to see just how big a change we’ll be seeing.

I’m still dreaming of one day watching an opposing army spill over a hill and charge the keep I am busy defending.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

They block nothing, you can get pulled over them, and if someone is standing at a non-perfect spot (which is always) your character shoots straight down into it and gets obstructed.

Defenders on the walls should have an advantage over the attackers, not the other way around. A knee high wall should NOT be stopping my “vision” of a ram at the gate that I can clearly see. (I die a little inside when I see “not in sight range” of something that’s less than 10ft away and clearly within the range of my skills)

Actually the defenders do have an advantage. Most classes (more than 4) cannot hit a defender on top of the wall, while the defender can shoot down.

Also the knee-high wall does keep you from getting pulled (I know, I pull people all the time). It’s when players stand on top of the knee-high wall that they are vulnerable.

I think LoS on walls is annoying (which I think is your main point). If you can shoot down, players should be able to shoot up. You already have the advantage of only being hit by ranged which does less dmg (even further reduced when AoE corrections are implemented in the future).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Enhanced performance in WvW

If i am not mistaken, this means that people who don’t have 10000€ computers will finnaly be able to be inside a zerg of 20 people or so?

Thats exactly my case, i can run everysingle game there is out there, in max settings, assassins creed, crysis etc etc, and yet, i can’t perform well when fightning with a zerg, trying to capture or a keep or something, even on the lowest settings.

This is a big improvement to my staying in guild wars 2, since i enjoy wvw, but due to not be able to contribut in any of the objectives, i just don’t go there.

As long as the game does most of the work on the cpu performance will not increase a whole lot , unless Anet is some sort of magic.

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

This game runs liek crap for eeveryone? I hardly ever lag at all, i can see everyone in wvw and i rarely, very rarely lag and i run on max settings at 40fps. Yes, my computer cost a lot, $1,700 , but if they want to make the game look worse so people with crappier computers and less money can play it im completely against that.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

This game runs liek crap for eeveryone? I hardly ever lag at all, i can see everyone in wvw and i rarely, very rarely lag and i run on max settings at 40fps. Yes, my computer cost a lot, $1,700 , but if they want to make the game look worse so people with crappier computers and less money can play it im completely against that.

It has nothing to do with making the game look worse. It will only affect those with low end machines. You won’t notice any difference cause you are having no issues.

It’s kind of like what Rift did with their “green condoms” everywhere. They are placeholders for those with slow loading machines. If something isn’t loading fast enough, they see those while waiting for things to load.

Same thing for GW2. For those that are taking awhile to load things, they will see a low res version of their opponent while the actual model is loading. Like I said, since you don’t have that issue, you won’t have to worry about it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

hahaha you think people with 2G’s computers run this game well in wvw? no matter how much your computer costs, the game has zero optimization so it runs like **** with everyone. increasing performance is great but something tells me it’ll be something like 3fps increase so hard to care or see a difference.

game runs great for me in pve and wvw(no lag at all). my comp only cost 900

Kromica.2831

That just shows how badly optimized the game is.

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

lol well 8gb ram and 2gb vid card is more than enough for this game, and neither are that expensive.

Kromica.2831

lol well 8gb ram and 2gb vid card is more than enough for this game, and neither are that expensive.

Except for the fact that the game uses your CPU more than your GPU and its very picky about which ones you have at that.

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

Except for the fact that the game uses your CPU more than your GPU and its very picky about which ones you have at that.

you can pick up an i-7 3770 pretty cheap, and they run the game fine.

Kromica.2831

Ok so I already have a pc that I spent a decent amount of money on to be able to run any game I want and now I have to buy another one just to play GW2?

I have a better idea how about Anet do there job and optimize the game.

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

If i am not mistaken, this means that people who don’t have 10000€ computers

Why do people always ave to exaggerate about how good a computer you need. Can build a PC that will run GW2 at a constant 30/40 fps for no more than 750 Euros, and that’s being generous.

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

Ok so I already have a pc that I spent a decent amount of money on to be able to run any game I want and now I have to buy another one just to play GW2?

well you dont need to buy a new pc to buy a new processor. guess what, having to upgrade your computer fairly frequently is part of pc gaming. always has been unless you spend a bunch of money and over build it to prepare for future games.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

well you dont need to buy a new pc to buy a new processor. guess what, having to upgrade your computer fairly frequently is part of pc gaming. always has been unless you spend a bunch of money and over build it to prepare for future games.

You obviously didn’t spec or build your own system.

just a processor upgrade requires a motherboard upgrade which generally requires a ram upgrade.

that’s pretty much “an entire new pc”, when the 2600k i7 is eminently overclockable and can play every other contemporary title at FPS high enough to require a cap.

your insistence that the 3770 works for you is specious at best ( i want to see gpuz, cpuz, and the game running 50+ fps in a shatterer zerg, or you’re full of it )

your insistence that everyone should throw bleeding-edge hardware at the problem (at an estimated cost of 700 dollars) because god forbid a large company newly-flushed with cash from a “game of the year” get some optimization into their engine is as ludicrous as saying:

“who cares if the prius you bought is getting 5 gallons a mile, clearly you should shell out more for gas you cheapskate!”

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816

just a processor upgrade requires a motherboard upgrade which generally requires a ram upgrade.

that’s pretty much “an entire new pc”, when the 2600k i7 is eminently overclockable and can play every other contemporary title at FPS high enough to require a cap.

your insistence that the 3770 works for you is specious at best ( i want to see gpuz, cpuz, and the game running 50+ fps in a shatterer zerg, or you’re full of it )

your insistence that everyone should throw bleeding-edge hardware at the problem (at an estimated cost of 700 dollars) because god forbid a large company newly-flushed with cash from a “game of the year” get some optimization into their engine is as ludicrous as saying:

“who cares if the prius you bought is getting 5 gallons a mile, clearly you should shell out more for gas you cheapskate!”

GATEWAY FX6860-UR21P RTn is the comp i have. i dont care what you believe, if you want to see it run go track one down and find out for yourself, i got better things to do than record videos for you, and im not gonna kitten up my comp with junk programs just to record ingame footage.

(edited by Rikimeru Tokesbudz.3816)

Kromica.2831

I do build almost every 2 years to prepare for future games, and I am not going to downgrade my processor or any part of my pc just to play GW2, like I said they need to do there job.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Actually the defenders do have an advantage. Most classes (more than 4) cannot hit a defender on top of the wall, while the defender can shoot down.

Also the knee-high wall does keep you from getting pulled (I know, I pull people all the time). It’s when players stand on top of the knee-high wall that they are vulnerable.

I think LoS on walls is annoying (which I think is your main point). If you can shoot down, players should be able to shoot up. You already have the advantage of only being hit by ranged which does less dmg (even further reduced when AoE corrections are implemented in the future).

Nope. The walls prevent me from shooting down all the time. Go take an elementalist up to one of them. People directly below you cannot be hit by any AOE you place on the ground (which is pretty much all of them) They also cannot be hit by the autoattack, as it arcs directly into the knee high wall while attempting to hit them. Meanwhile those people can easily shoot up at you because their projectiles arc over the wall.

D/D cant hit anyone from the wall, S/D can only do it with very few skills, and staff you can only hit people if you jump up on the walls, in which case you get absolutely pooped on by

warriors – rifle > you
rangers – Bow > you
Other eles have an easier time hitting you and can strafe your shots while you cant do the same (you’re stuck on the small as wall)
Thieves – that bloody cluster bomb has hit me more times than I can count
Mesmers – Chaos field, Izerker (this one gibs you pretty quick as you’re stationary, and I believe it wont move off the leg high wall, so it gets all hits on you) hell even spatial surge, oh and ofc the pull
Engineer – Rifle or pistol pew pews you
necro – wells, or even just auto attacks will again hit you
guardian – scepter, or any ground based AOE

Every. Single. Class. Can hit you when you’re at that wall. But unless you directly expose yourself to their fire you cant hit them back as an elementalist. That’s stupid. Defenders should have the advantage, I shouldnt have to make myself an easy target (with far less mobility to dodge AOE no less!) to hit the attackers.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

GATEWAY FX6860-UR21P RTn is the comp i have. i dont care what you believe, if you want to see it run go track one down and find out for yourself, i got better things to do than record videos for you, and im not gonna kitten up my comp with junk programs just to record ingame footage.

paraphrased:

“I don’t need to substantiate my claims”

if you can’t be bothered to open gpuz, performance monitor, the game in window mode, go do shatterer, open options, and take a pic at your lowest FPS mark (and do that HONESTLY), then I have zero reason to believe “LOLGATEWAY” is running this thing as well as you claim.

I get a steady 50-60 FPS in crowded areas, but the minute combat starts (read, big, dynamic events, or W3), and the FPS tanks into nothingness.

Mystic toilet is another big culprit.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Colin did state during an interview last week that some of the first culling changes will be rolling out in this patch. I’m more than eager to see just how big a change we’ll be seeing.

I’m still dreaming of one day watching an opposing army spill over a hill and charge the keep I am busy defending.

It might not be pretty

Attachments:

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

It might not be pretty

Oh yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

PCs must be super expensive in Europe. I payed $450 for my PC and have no problems wvwing.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

My $1300 PC runs GW2 maxed out. Sure, FPS drops to about 40 in bigger groups, but usually it’s around 45-60. A decent SSD and gfx card makes a big difference.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Don’t know why people are always complaining about wvw performance. I’m running 5 year old hardware(i7920@4ghz+two 4890s) with everything on high/ultra 1080p and I haven’t noticed any slowdown at all in wvw. I’m in tier 2 so I am often in giant zergs and never have I experienced slowdown. I don’t keep track of my fps but I would be very surprised if it ever went below 30fps.