Open World PvP is here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

well not really open world pvp xD
no need to worry guys
its just at one tiny place in one map of gw2^^

and it was fun!

edit: i had no idea how it worked when i just stombeled about this hostile player and fought him
it is at the banditcamp in the new map (The Silverwastes)

Attachments:

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Wat.

Please explain

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Wat.

Please explain

found out now
you talk to the “Champion Bandit Spokeperson” in front of the “Remnant’s Retreat” poi in the new map
for 2g you get a boon that makes that the bandits inside the camp dont attack you
but
you can be attacked by other players then
you CANT attack the players who attack you though

so noone can take the boon and gank you – only you decide if you want to become a possible target for others

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Cool! But me and my guild mates were happy for about a moment, when we saw the PK. Hope Anet come with open pvp in the future in some maps.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

… why?

The PvE and PvP modes are separate for a reason.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Cool! But me and my guild mates were happy for about a moment, when we saw the PK. Hope Anet come with open pvp in the future in some maps.

I got pretty excited with this title too, maybe someday we will have dueling or open pvp zone in the PvE world.

and here I thought PvP was not possible in the pve world from a technical position…wrong.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Open world PvP has always been one of my favorite things in mmos. I couldn’t imagine enjoying a lot of my past and current mmos without it. It would be cool to see a couple PvE zones opened up to some kind of open world PvP.

Open World PvP is here!

Keneth.6490

I’d much rather see them add an area to WvW where you can hit each-other in the face to your heart’s desire.

Having this in PvE is an annoyance…

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’d much rather see them add an area to WvW where you can hit each-other in the face to your heart’s desire.

Agreed, but as long as it is in a spot that can be ignored it isn’t that much of a problem.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

Agreed, but as long as it is in a spot that can be ignored it isn’t that much of a problem.

What about new zones being released having the option to zone into a pvp or pve zone? With the megaservers in place, there shouldn’t be an issue with population. There of course would be an issue with no factions, so who would fight who.

Open World PvP is here!

Tiale.2430

Fear detected!

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Open World PvP is here!

Tiale.2430

As I reply in other post, using the Anet concept of community.
I think Duel option is the best option for Gw2

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

What about new zones being released having the option to zone into a pvp or pve zone? With the megaservers in place, there shouldn’t be an issue with population. There of course would be an issue with no factions, so who would fight who.

If we get new zones then give the PvP people their own ghetto spot.
That’s the compromise I’ve stood by in the countless open world PvP threads that infest this board.

The problem, to me, becomes when a whole map is dedicated to that activity. Then it should go back to the Mists, where it belongs.
Otherwise we might as well just put more PvE things in the WvWvW area.
Then at least those poor maps would get some attention.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Open World PvP is here!

Keneth.6490

Fear detected!

Annoyance, love. I like playing PvE without being bothered by other people or their requests to duel if it’s optional. Keep PvE and PvP separate, thank you very much.

This is the reason why I dislike Obsidian Sanctum. I know it’s in WvW, but I don’t see how being ganked by a bunch of kittens while I’m jumping makes for a fun jumping puzzle.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Fear detected!

Annoyance, love. I like playing PvE without being bothered by other people or their requests to duel if it’s optional. Keep PvE and PvP separate, thank you very much.

There’s too many advantages to dueling, that duel requests is a tiny issue in comparison. Besides, Anet can always add a “block all requests” options. ;D It’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Fear detected!

There’s too many advantages to dueling, that duel requests is a tiny issue in comparison. Besides, Anet can always add a “block all requests” options. ;D Besides, it’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

I don’t see any advantage at all to dueling. None. I can’t even imagine any reason that would make having a dueling option be an “advantage” for anything.

Personally I don’t care as long as there is a “block requests” option.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

…and at this point, we can now safely splice in one of the hundreds of generic PVP versus PVE debate threads posted in these very forums over the past two years — or even a different game entirely — and no one will ever notice.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: JamesP.6074

JamesP.6074

Open world PvP is a complete different experience from the mists arenas. We want to capture that. That’s why we just don’t go to the mists or WvW, as some of you are telling us to. With MMOs out like Archeage, with an amazing open world PvP system. it makes WvW look like just a huge zerg arena. Players who want open world PvP in PvE settings do not feel satisfied with WvW because in the end its just a bigger version of fight for the circle to get points.

There are ways of controlling to much trolling of people just trying to get quests done. Adding in a punishment for attacking players
or the ever so popular, OP legendary guards that patrol.

I’m not saying PvP should be added to every zone. This would be a huge mistake, especially in leveling zones.
open world PvP should always be an endgame that players get to look forward to. The zerg domination arena does not fulfil that endgame.
PvP zones would need to be brand new zones, maybe if we ever get a new continent expansion. Anet already has this set up perfectly with Cantha and the war between the factions that was going on in gw1 (no clue where they stand in gw2 time period)

I may be a little bias from playing to much Archeage, but I know how popular open world PvP is and the excitement to gameplay it brings.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Fear detected!

There’s too many advantages to dueling, that duel requests is a tiny issue in comparison. Besides, Anet can always add a “block all requests” options. ;D Besides, it’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

I don’t see any advantage at all to dueling. None. I can’t even imagine any reason that would make having a dueling option be an “advantage” for anything.

Thank you for being that type of player. Just because you don’t want to take part in it, agree with it, or find reason for it you’re are willing to compromise because you know it has no affect on you, & others will enjoy it.

JQ Druid

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

This. I have left other games because of annoying people taunting and jumping around me, refusing to leave me alone to play the game. I will do the same if they add open-world PvP to GW2.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: JamesP.6074

JamesP.6074

Fear detected!

I can think of one advantage
It’s fun
which is the point of games

What’s the advantage of farming your little PvE hearts off for nifty looking skins? or reaching the end of a jumping puzzle for crap rewards? fun maybe?

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Fear detected!

There’s too many advantages to dueling, that duel requests is a tiny issue in comparison. Besides, Anet can always add a “block all requests” options. ;D It’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

Google “Goldshire” in Warcraft…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Open World PvP is here!

Keneth.6490

There’s too many advantages to dueling

What exactly are the advantages of dueling? It’s a fun pastime every once in a while, but I don’t see any advantages to it. At least none that the other PvP modes don’t satisfy.

It’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

I disagree, it would completely break my immersion if there was open PvP in the game because the players cannot join any opposing factions in the game.

A complete split makes for a much more logical choice. You want to fight, you go to a place meant for fighting other players. There’s no debate here. PvE is PvE, there’s no advantage to shoving PvP in there.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

As annoying as finding pve in wvw?

BG

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Fear detected!

I can think of one advantage
It’s fun
which is the point of games

What’s the advantage of farming your little PvE hearts off for nifty looking skins? or reaching the end of a jumping puzzle for crap rewards? fun maybe?

Fun for you, but not everyone…but then again nothing is going to be universally “fun” for everyone. Nothing exists anywhere that every single player in the game is going to find the same level of enjoyment in. I personally hate sPvP..I do it for the reward tracks and a few AP here and there. I like WvW because it feels like there’s more to it than “hold two points more than the other team”.

I do see one thing that I might call an advantage in having dueling or whatever you want to call it. Variety. Having more and varied things that can be done in the game would be an advantage. I don’t care if it’s something I’d never do myself or want to do, variety is good. But I still disagree with saying that “there are too many advantages to it”, I can see maybe the one, but it is a good one.

I am but one of many who play this game and respect that other people enjoy other things. Even if dueling, capes, or whatever is added to the game…I don’t care. Nothing is forcing me to don a cape and duel folks and two people over there fighting won’t bother me.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

PvP Servers and PVE Servers, done! Problem Solved!

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Megaserver, undone.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

well not really open world pvp xD
no need to worry guys
its just a one tiny place in one map of gw2^^

and it was fun!

edit: i have no idea how it works yet just stompeled about this hostile player and fought him
but something with the banditcamp in the new map (The Silverwastes)

If a player takes the bandit buff they turn red…I discovered this as a warrior was running around red in there so I killed him..Best moment of the patch so far..incredibly unexpected and very funny

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

For there to be PvP in the persistent world, they’d have to reinstate servers — so people could opt in or out. Likelihood of that is…?

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Instead of duel requests they could allow players looking for fights to “enable dueling” and place an icon on them (much like creating a commander squad). People who want to duel can go to this person instead of people who aren’t interested being spammed with requests. Just a thought~

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Pilot system for dueling confirmed.

play nice.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

I imagine it’s a test for future reference, like many other things in LS updates.

Open Wolrd PvP for Cantha Faction’s ?

/Selfhype

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

Pilot system for dueling confirmed.

play nice.

Sept of last year Colin was saying they would like to add dueling to the open world. Maybe it’s getting pretty close.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Google “Goldshire” in Warcraft…

I will never understand what that dump is the center of Alliance dueling. XD

Back on topic (the same topic discussed many times before), dueling has uses in practice and RP type of things, but I don’t think I trust ANet to execute this with the proper amount of forethought, even if I cared about it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

It can work if those with the buffs could attack each other. (can they?)
I don’t like open world pvp either but I don’t see how this is a problem. It’s a small mechanic in a map and well they can’t attack you. optional too unless I’m mistaken.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Well, I hope C J comes in and squashes this right now so it doesn’t become a pointless debate. It’ll be one sure way of sending many players running from GW2 and at this point I don’t think they would even want this idea floating around considering the bashing they’ve taken in the media these last couple weeks.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Remnant’s Retreat in Silverwastes, you can fight players there, COOLEST THING IN GW2

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Great move by ANet but why can’t we use badges of honor instead of gold? 2g is actually a pretty high price for some of us (WvW’ers), meanwhile sitting on 30k badges of honor..

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Just FYI ANet’s Answer to Dueling is Custom Arenas. They’ve come out and said as much. Sooo get a Custom Arena and duel your friends.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

Just FYI ANet’s Answer to Dueling is Custom Arenas. They’ve come out and said as much. Sooo get a Custom Arena and duel your friends.

Justin’s post makes it seem as if it’s not suppose to be a direct replacement. It’s just something until they get dueling in game.
He says it’s not as high a priority as other things, meaning they still are planning on adding dueling, it’s just not a high priority.
This was after custom arenas were introduced.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Why-is-there-STILL-no-dueling/first

I guess I don’t really care if they introduce pvp in the pve zones. It would be awkward at this point. I play Gw2 for it’s PvE anyways.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Megaserver, undone.

Each (pve) (pvp) servers has its “own” megaserver. They’re separate.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I got pretty excited with this title too, maybe someday we will have dueling or open pvp zone in the PvE world.

and here I thought PvP was not possible in the pve world from a technical position…wrong.

There already is open pvp..

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

This is actually a neat idea, just tested today, while it’s not open pvp it’s a fun feature and a nice twist for the new map.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I wish Anet brings some map that will be open world PVE/PVP with no capturing points so no zerging.For those that dont like it…dont go there,it will be just 1% of world map so not like you dont have where to RP or AFK.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Wow, this is freaking awesome, I have to go try this myself soon, too bad it costs 2g each time though.. Now if only there was some kind of bandit title for killing an amount of enemy players, I’d be there all the time :O

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I have a question about this new “mini pvp” mode. Playing a while ago I noticed that once you press the lever in the camp the rep npc becomes hostile and every player back to friendly (well when i pulled the lever i got turned back into friendly so I’m assuming all that have the buff turn friendly). My question is what is the range that you have for being in that hostile mode? Can you for example go to one of the forts? Maybe to the WP?

Or does the buff deactivate once you leave the immediate area? Basically what I’m thinking is can you have like a “open” pvp map but with a control lol for people to end the mode. Once the rep npc died it took her a good while to respawn.

Necromancer Main

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Would anyone be interested in forming a bandit guild now? XD

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Just killed a guy who then raged I killed him. I can tell there will be tears over this. It was very funny though.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Just killed a guy who then raged I killed him. I can tell there will be tears over this. It was very funny though.

Did you fight in the bandit camp or outside of the area?

My PC overheats a lot so I can’t log on for a bit so if anyone has tried the info would be great!

Necromancer Main

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

As its location was unclear to me, it is at right side of the text “Northern Silverwastes”.

(edited by AnniMira.2506)