Open World PvP is here!

Open World PvP is here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Just killed a guy who then raged I killed him. I can tell there will be tears over this. It was very funny though.

Did you fight in the bandit camp or outside of the area?

My PC overheats a lot so I can’t log on for a bit so if anyone has tried the info would be great!

In the bandit camp. Not sure if it works outside..Im sure Once you go outside the buff or debuff, what ever uy wanna call it , wears off

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Umm… HELL YES!!!

More of this plz anet.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Kveldulf.7605

Kveldulf.7605

I don’t think this is a good idea…
It would lead to campers farming newbies.

And to all those 1v1 fans (sure…)
If I am bunkering a point with a friend and see you coming alone, I will always ask you for a fair duell.
This could actually become a thing since pvp is about finding out who is better and wvw is the zergs playground…

Kveldulf Frost – Thief (Charr)
Wlaadas Frost – Warrior (Charr) Torlic Frost – Guardian (Norn)
http://amalthea-gw2.de

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Just note that people may use it to get the chest or something. Just happened to me that the converted “enemy” revived me a couple of times and suggested that I leave the area before bandits gets me again. It is not pvp to everyone there, and 2g may be much for many. Don’t kill without double checking.

The person lost the conversion for some reason, but we continued taking the champ then. Worth of 2g? Perhaps not. (I hope my mesmer clones did not kill the converted.)

Open World PvP is here!

Mitch.4781

If I am bunkering a point with a friend and see you coming alone, I will always ask you for a fair duell.
This could actually become a thing since pvp is about finding out who is better and wvw is the zergs playground…

You wont be a newbie in the hardest zone there is in the game.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Make an open pvp area in pve and this is what happens: all the kittens will wonder around in groups ganking any solo players they can find, and claim to be ‘leet’ for being able to kill a pve specced player with their fully kitted out pvp build.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Open World PvP is here!

Kveldulf.7605

I call bullkitten! This is so much bullkitten that it kittens to kittenheavens!
for reasons like:

1) I call myself a newbie for only playing a couple of weeks (8 or maybe 10) and i do have access to that mentioned area.

2) Having a charakter leveled to 80 doesn’t make you good at that proffesion at all.

3) Even with the experience of years of PvE, you still can be a newbie to PvP.

If you chose to respond to one of my comments, would you please be a dear to think before typing?
thank you

Open World PvP is here!

Mitch.4781

I call bullkitten! This is so much bullkitten that it kittens to kittenheavens!
for reasons like:

1) I call myself a newbie for only playing a couple of weeks (8 or maybe 10) and i do have access to that mentioned area.

2) Having a charakter leveled to 80 doesn’t make you good at that proffesion at all.

3) Even with the experience of years of PvE, you still can be a newbie to PvP.

If you chose to respond to one of my comments, would you please be a dear to think before typing?
thank you

Ok, I’ll rephrase. If you are a newb, you have no business being in the hardest zone in the game. Would you please be a dear and learn to play before you respond to one of my comments.

Thankyou

Open World PvP is here!

Kveldulf.7605

^ sigh…
If you really want to react like this to correction, please use a PM instead of ruining a thread.

Back to topic:

Open world PvP would be a nice idea if it would happen on a seperated server. Megaserver kinda destroyed this opportunity (as statet already).

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Can we just keep PvP in PvP zones and PvE in PvE zones? I like both kinds but I really don’t care to mix them. When in PvE I want to explore/farm/quest/whatever in peace without random duel requests, or worse, random PKs from some bored troll. When I PvP I want to focus on tactics and wins without having to stop for PvE tasks like a vista or SP.

I did 100% map completion on 2 characters so far and having to go into WvW to complete it was a PitA. I wasn’t exactly helping my server either, just hoarding a slot and trying to avoid zergs while running to various PoIs. Didn’t help either that 3 out of the 4 maps required for completion are basically the same. -.-"

I don’t want to play mix and match, but I understand that other people might like it. If we must have PvP in PvE (and vice versa), I’m ok so long as I get some shiny Leave Me Alone button that will allow me to still play the way I enjoy it.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

^ sigh…
If you really want to react like this to correction, please use a PM instead of ruining a thread.

Back to topic:

Open world PvP would be a nice idea if it would happen on a seperated server. Megaserver kinda destroyed this opportunity (as statet already).

He’s not in the wrong here, you are. You were the first person to be snobbish and rude by saying he needs to “learn to think” thank you:). (Remember?)

Anyways to the point, I think open word PvP sounds fun unless it leads to zergs (which it most certainly will). It’s never going to happen since Anet like catering to people with little to no skill that do not like a challenge.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

The biggest complaint I have about adding pvp to pve areas is that most pvpers don’t like using their own skills. I hate games where every time you turn around there’s a whisper can I have a buff, you want to party…

Next would be the rally cry to utilize the same skill settings as that used in WvW. Now we have some folks who complain about bots shhh… Mess around and let pvpers into the pve areas, it’ll simply turn into a exploit and hackfest because that is what happens when you have pvpers who refuse to use established pvp areas but keep assisting on integrating pvp into pve areas (really competitive of you guys).

Then when all these advocates of pvp in pve areas don’t show up to use the new pvp areas the forums will be full of comments like this.
There’s no one in the pvp areas, it’s too far too run, why I should have to move to the other side of the world just to enjoy a game function, most players feel the same way (the same players who’s not using the new feature, who in realty are just alt accounts) whine, whine, whine, boo hoo hoo hoo… We need to open all of pve to pvp.

Some people just don’t give a kitten .

(edited by Widebody.5071)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

This topic is fun! I really enjoy the people reaction, specially the full PVE guys.

The PVP Duel is the option for Gw2, We don’t have factions.

Who wants duel are not happy with WvW system (Its like PVE players farming points, don’t need complete individual skill, only the commander need.)

Making the duel option probably we will fight only people who want to fight, maybe people will choose a location to do the duels. Megaserver will help on this because we always will find people to fight in that location.

And other thing… If we have AP and Titles for many of Duels wins. Ill see many full PVE players doing it ahahaha they will not lost their precious AP.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

And other thing… If we have AP and Titles for many of Duels wins. Ill see many full PVE players doing it ahahaha they will not lost their precious AP.

Yep. “Looking for someone to swap duels with”. Will be slightly less difficult for PvE players than Costume Brawl.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

There should be a duel challenge option where you can put gold and items at stake, winner takes them all.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Erewhon.2590

Erewhon.2590

Yep. “Looking for someone to swap duels with”. Will be slightly less difficult for PvE players than Costume Brawl.

If there was just a “Bandit” title or something, no AP, for the current setup I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem.. Especially since it costs 2g ( let us use badges Anet! xD).

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You wished they had the guts to do it. Open world PvP would be amazing specially if you could:
1- Have a dueling option
2- Have Open world “Guild Wars” where a guild can declare war on another guild and be in Open world PvP/GvG together.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I’ve checked the range of the buff in the bandit camp and it looks like its about as far as the ore deposit. While running around I started thinking wouldn’t it be cool if when their is a player who is in hostile mode in the camp a red circle surrounds the area basically to notify that a game is up. The players defending the lever gain gold if they can hold the zone in X amount of time. Players who are not in hostile mode if they are able to push the lever they get a bonus reward and also takes everyone out of hostile mode and basically everyone kills the Rep NPC and get the chest. That would be a really cool way to introduce a small PvP zone in an area using a lot of the mechanics already in place.

Would be cool also if in hostile mode and you die you drop 1g basically try to balance the incentives for being hostile or friendly and also take into consideration the 2g fee to start the hostile mode.

Necromancer Main

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Fear detected!

Annoyance, love. I like playing PvE without being bothered by other people or their requests to duel if it’s optional. Keep PvE and PvP separate, thank you very much.

This is the reason why I dislike Obsidian Sanctum. I know it’s in WvW, but I don’t see how being ganked by a bunch of kittens while I’m jumping makes for a fun jumping puzzle.

This is why gold needs to be removed. I like playing PvE without being bothered by other people or their begging even if gold is optional. Remove gold, thank you very much.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s gone as of this patch. This is the most definitive sign ever from Anet that they do not want open world PvP.

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Open World PvP is here!

Mitch.4781

It’s gone as of this patch. This is the most definitive sign ever from Anet that they do not want open world PvP.

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

They’ve removed it????

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

They’ve removed it????

Yep it looks like it wasn’t intended to work that way.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4541463

Fixed an issue in which players who paid to safely enter a bandit camp in the Silverwastes were attackable by normal players.

The Burninator

Open World PvP is here!

Mitch.4781

Oh wow what a shame…It was such a tiny area and brought an interesting twist to the map. Well, one thing is for sure, it can be easily done so they don’t really have any excuses for not introducing duels now.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Open world PvP is a complete different experience from the mists arenas. We want to capture that. That’s why we just don’t go to the mists or WvW, as some of you are telling us to. With MMOs out like Archeage, with an amazing open world PvP system. it makes WvW look like just a huge zerg arena. Players who want open world PvP in PvE settings do not feel satisfied with WvW because in the end its just a bigger version of fight for the circle to get points.

There are ways of controlling to much trolling of people just trying to get quests done. Adding in a punishment for attacking players
or the ever so popular, OP legendary guards that patrol.

I’m not saying PvP should be added to every zone. This would be a huge mistake, especially in leveling zones.
open world PvP should always be an endgame that players get to look forward to. The zerg domination arena does not fulfil that endgame.
PvP zones would need to be brand new zones, maybe if we ever get a new continent expansion. Anet already has this set up perfectly with Cantha and the war between the factions that was going on in gw1 (no clue where they stand in gw2 time period)

I may be a little bias from playing to much Archeage, but I know how popular open world PvP is and the excitement to gameplay it brings.

AA is another type of MMO, and one which GW2 willingly, by design, wanted to be different from. Fun game, yes, but IMHO can’t compare with GW2 (check the quality of the game, updates, support-it is a smaller publisher, and for better or worse it does show… Yesterday, their big patch day was utterly marred by bad quality control, so much that many couldn’t play, and you know what happened with the new continent and the landgrab hacks.)

Spent my time happily playing GW2 instead, meeting new, random players, and having fun with this so-called “carebear” (infantile pejorative term, BTW) game.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Open world PvP is a complete different experience from the mists arenas. We want to capture that. That’s why we just don’t go to the mists or WvW, as some of you are telling us to. With MMOs out like Archeage, with an amazing open world PvP system. it makes WvW look like just a huge zerg arena. Players who want open world PvP in PvE settings do not feel satisfied with WvW because in the end its just a bigger version of fight for the circle to get points.

There are ways of controlling to much trolling of people just trying to get quests done. Adding in a punishment for attacking players

I’m not saying PvP should be added to every zone. This would be a huge mistake, especially in leveling zones.
open world PvP should always be an endgame that players get to look forward to. The zerg domination arena does not fulfil that endgame.
PvP zones would need to be brand new zones, maybe if we ever get a new continent expansion. Anet already has this set up perfectly with Cantha and the war between the factions that was going on in gw1 (no clue where they stand in gw2 time period)

I may be a little bias from playing to much Archeage, but I know how popular open world PvP is and the excitement to gameplay it brings.

AA is another type of MMO, and one which GW2 willingly, by design, wanted to be different from. Fun game, yes, but IMHO can’t compare with GW2 (check the quality of the game, updates, support-it is a smaller publisher, and for better or worse it does show… Yesterday, their big patch day was utterly marred by bad quality control, so much that many couldn’t play, and you know what happened with the new continent and the landgrab hacks.)

Spent my time happily playing GW2 instead, meeting new, random players, and having fun with this so-called “carebear” (infantile pejorative term, BTW) game.

OMFG! One of my sons is raging about the new page. I haven’t seen him that angry in ages. He can’t play. He can’t use the houses he pays monthly for. He’s not a happy camper. My other son isn’t having that problem which makes it worse. But neither of them are really happy they spent money on that game.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

They’ve removed it????

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4541463

Fixed an issue in which players who paid to safely enter a bandit camp in the Silverwastes were attackable by normal players.

Just when you think Anet is heading in the right direction it becomes nothing more than a bug. If anything good comes from this is now we know it’s possible for PvP in the PvE world, the work is already done through this “bug” (bug…sure), time to add the dueling/GvG feature!

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

OMFG! One of my sons is raging about the new page. I haven’t seen him that angry in ages. He can’t play. He can’t use the houses he pays monthly for. He’s not a happy camper. My other son isn’t having that problem which makes it worse. But neither of them are really happy they spent money on that game.

I can testify to a GW2 friend being rather “meh” on his subscription as well-wasn’t able to get in touch with him because of the “game lockdown” unwittingly imposed by the bad patch. I am so very sorry about your sons’ situation-it’s really telling how bad it is knowing one can log in, and the other can’t. No official apology either about the aforementioned situation.

The grass is greener on the other side, and all of that. There isn’t dueling/PvE world ganking, and/or “sandbox” elements, but GW2 represents, to ME, the better playing experience with higher customer care and less excuses (in comparison, I’ve witnessed ANet apologize/“make amends” for things they shouldn’t, even.)

Note that I am not saying that AA is necessarily a “bad game”, but I even wonder if it can “survive” (as far as the term goes for MMOs) what transpired last Tuesday. Fun “triple class” system, freedom, but many of the common MMO negatives come along with it (tedious grinding-though not as bad as in many other games, kill-stealing, LUCK-based high level crafting, etc.) along with a general lack of polish everywhere (no offense intended, and bearing in mind that their publisher is indeed a smaller company.) Feel bad for the employees there, but the fact is that last patch release was anything but good for the long-term being of that game.

Open World PvP is here!

Zoso.8279

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

They’ve removed it????

Died a little inside.

Necromancer Main

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Hmm, kind of sucks that it was a bug. Thought they were going to transition into fun things like this.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Just when you think Anet is heading in the right direction it becomes nothing more than a bug. If anything good comes from this is now we know it’s possible for PvP in the PvE world, the work is already done through this “bug” (bug…sure), time to add the dueling/GvG feature!

It worked on the surface, but who knows what bugs may have lurked underneath of it. Corruption of a character’s PvP data would be an obvious risk. It may not be as much of a step towards duels and such as you think.

Your comment did get me to thinking, though. Some people don’t want open world duels/PvP. Others do. And some people are looking for some kind of PvP to do with Guild Halls if we get them. Maybe Guild Halls could be made to allow dueling inside of them?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

It worked on the surface, but who knows what bugs may have lurked underneath of it. Corruption of a character’s PvP data would be an obvious risk. It may not be as much of a step towards duels and such as you think.

Your comment did get me to thinking, though. Some people don’t want open world duels/PvP. Others do. And some people are looking for some kind of PvP to do with Guild Halls if we get them. Maybe Guild Halls could be made to allow dueling inside of them?

Good contribution, here is the problem from the perspective of a player who would enjoy dueling-dueling should be in the hands of the community to allow player made events, and assigning this feature to an area or instance takes away from the feature itself.

Betting, locations (castles, mountain tops, bridges, Ghalls, etc..), death matches, or exhibitions are all very big parts for the pro dueling player outside of just smashing on each other.

Add dueling with the feature in options pre checked for No duel requests at release there would be zero impact on the anti dueling crowd.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not really a fan of open world PvP myself, but I don’t see a problem with having it as long as players can opt out.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Please enjoy ArcheAge.

BWUAHAHAHAH ArcheAge

That’s a good joke right there.

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

Not really a fan of open world PvP myself, but I don’t see a problem with having it as long as players can opt out.

Hate to bring it up, but WoW has a cool feature in the PvE servers. You are able to flag/unflag yourself for PvP. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to participate in the open world PvP. This allows both parties to enjoy whatever they like. That is a game with factions, so not really sure how they could make something like that work here.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, you bring up a good point, Fernling. How exactly would open world PvP be coded? Since there are no factions, there’s no way to separate players into teams (unless you’re in the same party), meaning that anybody could attack anybody. Imagine if you had a 1v1 or a 2v2 thing going, and then some random troll jumps in and drops AoE’s/boon strips on your fight, damaging both sides, before running off again.

Open World PvP is here!

Mitch.4781

Yeah, you bring up a good point, Fernling. How exactly would open world PvP be coded? Since there are no factions, there’s no way to separate players into teams (unless you’re in the same party), meaning that anybody could attack anybody. Imagine if you had a 1v1 or a 2v2 thing going, and then some random troll jumps in and drops AoE’s/boon strips on your fight, damaging both sides, before running off again.

Maybe it could be a feature of a Canthan based expansion, where u sign up to be either a Luxon or a Zaishan or whatever the other faction was called.

Open World PvP is here!

Zoso.8279

Maybe it could be a feature of a Canthan based expansion, where u sign up to be either a Luxon or a Zaishan or whatever the other faction was called.

We are called Kurzick………..Luxons……… all are barbarians and uncivilized. :P lol

Necromancer Main

Open World PvP is here!

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Oh wow what a shame…It was such a tiny area and brought an interesting twist to the map. Well, one thing is for sure, it can be easily done so they don’t really have any excuses for not introducing duels now.

They have a perfectly good reason. They don’t want dueling in the game, and neither do a lot of the players.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They have a perfectly good reason. They don’t want dueling in the game, and neither do a lot of the players.

There have been posts by ANet employees saying that dueling is on the list of things they want to add to the game.

They will likely take the responses to this thread and what reports they got during the time the bug was up as evidence for or against adding dueling in the near future.

I don’t care as long as they put in place means for players to avoid getting duel requests if they don’t want them without having to go invisible.

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

They actually say the opposite. I posted some stuff from them over the last few days. They actually want to add it to the game, it’s just not as high a priority as other things. It’s been said by Colin and Justin Odell.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Fear detected!

Annoyance, love. I like playing PvE without being bothered by other people or their requests to duel if it’s optional. Keep PvE and PvP separate, thank you very much.

There’s too many advantages to dueling, that duel requests is a tiny issue in comparison. Besides, Anet can always add a “block all requests” options. ;D Besides, it’s more immersive if there’s pvp in pve, as long as it’s not annoying, than a complete, 100% division.

I don’t see any advantage at all to dueling. None. I can’t even imagine any reason that would make having a dueling option be an “advantage” for anything.

Personally I don’t care as long as there is a “block requests” option.

Thank you for being that type of player. Just because you don’t want to take part in it, agree with it, or find reason for it you’re are willing to compromise because you know it has no affect on you, & others will enjoy it.

I’m much the same way, honestly. Dueling? Sure, and give me a check for “auto refuse requests”. We’re good.

Open world PvP? . . . no. My days of that stopped with Ultima Online.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Open World PvP is here!

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They actually say the opposite. I posted some stuff from them over the last few days. They actually want to add it to the game, it’s just not as high a priority as other things. It’s been said by Colin and Justin Odell.

They said this recently? Or you’re dredging up old posts again, in the faint hope that you’ll get your gankster wishes? Please show me a recent post from a Dev. Colin would be just fine.

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

They said this recently? Or you’re dredging up old posts again, in the faint hope that you’ll get your gankster wishes? Please show me a recent post from a Dev. Colin would be just fine.

You’re the one making baseless claims saying Anet doesn’t want dueling in the game. Show me one post from them saying they don’t want it. It doesn’t even have to be a recent one. I’m pretty sure they have never said they don’t want raiding. They have said multiple times that they want to or will add it. One being a year ago and one being 7 months ago.

If you have any evidence that shows they changed their minds, by all means show it. Because until they say otherwise I think multiple instances of them saying they want it holds a little more weight than what you’re saying.

Open World PvP is here!

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

You’re the one making baseless claims saying Anet doesn’t want dueling in the game.

I’m not making any baseless claim. The simple fact is, Anet could add this at any time, if they wanted to. It was available during the beta tests and they took it out. I know why.

Now then, please feel free to post a link to Colin’s famous “not off the table” interview (from two years ago), because so far as I know he has said almost nothing on the topic since. Of course nothing is off the table. Anet doesn’t want to upset any group of players about any topic, and open world PvP would cause a kittenstorm close to what we saw when Ascended gear was added to the game, a couple of months after launch.

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

You’re the one making baseless claims saying Anet doesn’t want dueling in the game.

I’m not making any baseless claim. The simple fact is, Anet could add this at any time, if they wanted to.

There are a lot of things they want to add and there is a priority for those things. Just because dueling isn’t the top priority doesn’t mean they don’t want to add it.

They haven’t added cantha, elona, new professions, new races or the rest of tyria to the game. Your logic says they don’t wwant to add it to the game at any point?

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I was so confused when i went in there with 2 friends.
WHY ARE MY FRIENDS ATTACKING ME!?!?
Could it be a pk area??!?
We had good laughs there

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: AlexVv.3965

AlexVv.3965

Open World PVP and dueling – it’s perfect! One problem. Azura …

Open World PvP is here!

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

They haven’t added cantha, elona, new professions, new races or the rest of tyria to the game. Your logic says they don’t wwant to add it to the game at any point?

I don’t know what they want to do. They don’t tell us.

Now then, you said you have seen “recent posts” from devs telling us they want to add open world PvP to this game. Links please.

Open World PvP is here!

Fernling.1729

I don’t know what they want to do. They don’t tell us.

Now then, you said you have seen “recent posts” from devs telling us they want to add open world PvP to this game. Links please.

When did I say “recent posts”? I even reread my previous posts looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found. The one from an interview is a year old and the one posted in the forum is 7 months old. They are pretty old, but they are the only thing we have to go off of at this point.

“They don’t want dueling in the game.” That is what you said in one post and then minutes later you say, “I don’t know what they want to do. They don’t tell us.”

Which is it? It really can’t be both.

Open World PvP is here!

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

Okay seeing as i read through and no one addressed it, time to be the debbie downer.

When it comes to Cantha, both the Kurziks and Luxons have been conquered by the Emperor and brought back into the fold. So less they grind their own lore, they be gone.

On topic
My only problem with having boxes is that it wont prevent the pms for dueling and then the insults that, in my experience, come after the decline of said duel. But there are areas that are kinda perfect for it like The Bane, or rebuilding the arena at LA. Unno my two thoughts.