Open World and Instanced reward Tracks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vyriis.6258

Vyriis.6258

Restructuring this because people are missing the point:

WvW and PvP are both able to obtain items from the PvE content without needing to set foot into PvE. These items include Season 3 Map materials and armor piece that come from the achievements as well as dungeon armor and weapons. Now I can understand the need for WvW and PvP to have rewards tracks in order to have a form of income and a way to obtain items in their game modes, I am not denying this in anyway. I’m also not going to be suggesting that PvE gain any form of income boost or bonus rewards for playing our content.

I am however going to suggest a means in which to alternatively gain PvE items for players who don’t play all aspects of the PvE side of the game. By this I mean a new track, not much different from that of PvP or WvW, but in enough ways where we are not gaining more than we are now. So let me lay out why this suggestion has come up:

PvP + WvW: Players of these two game modes are able to play the content they want while working on tracks that allow them to gain items from the PvE game mode. This being dungeon rewards and Season 3 map materials and items (And I’m sure this will be applied season 4 as well). Now they are able to stay in their content and work on these tracks without having to set foot into those areas outside of the first time to unlock the tracks. They are also able to leave their content and go play these sides of the game. In conclusion: two ways to obtain these items. One to leave their content and play it, the other to stay in their content and work towards it a bit slower.

Open world PvE: Players who play only open world PvE content are most likely out playing the Season 3 maps anyways as it is their desired game mode. So they are able to work on these items at their own pace while in the content they want. What about the dungeon rewards, however? Some open world players might not be so great at dungeons or fractals, yet if they want the rewards for them they would be forced to go and play those game modes. PvP and WvW don’t “need” to. So why should Open world PvErs?

Instance runners (Fractals, Raids, Dungeons): This is my group. We enjoy playing the instanced areas with our time in game. Much like PvP and WvW we don’t spend a lot of time outside of those areas and when we do we tend not to overly enjoy it. Now we as well only have one way of obtaining Season 3 rewards and dungeon rewards; and that is by playing those areas of the game. I personally know a few people who run fractals and raids daily who struggle with dungeons and visa versa. I also know a lot of people, myself included, who don’t like getting over to the season 3 maps to grind bosses, nodes, and dailies for the map rewards when certain things call for them. WvW and PvP have this option; why not Instance runners?

Here in lies my suggestion: Why not a way, similar to the WvW and PvP tracks, for those who play only open world to gain rewards from dungeons and fractals while fractal, dungeon, and raiders have a way to obtain open world items such that as the season 3 (and most likely all seasons to come) items? These tracks would take just as long as WvW or PvP tracks to complete, so it’s not exactly a “faster” means to obtaining items, just an alternative way.

These tracks can either have the full reward increments that the PvP and WvW side have, while reducing the overall drops/rewards from the content being played to progress them, in a 60/40 ratio. Or the incremental rewards can be removed all together, rewarding other minor things such as a few dungeon tokens for dungeon tracks, unbound magic for seasonal maps (or w/e is to come with next seasons), or relics for fractal tracks while only slightly reducing the drop/rewards from the content played to an 80/20 ratio.

This would allow even PvE players to play their side of the PvE content that they want while still being able to receive items from other aspects. Some people don’t have time to play what they want as well as the areas of the game that are needed for other things. This issue only applies to PvE, however. As has been stated in the conversation in this thread: Instances and Open world are as different to eachother as PvP is to WvW. Yet both WvW and PvP have tracks to gain items from other content while remaining in their own area while instance players or Open World players have to give up the time on their areas of the game to work towards those items.

In conclusion: _Not asking for more rewards as many seem to think and might think. I’m asking for an alternative way for PvE players to play the content they want, “Play the way you want to play” – Anet, while obtaining items that are outside of our areas of the game, in a similar way PvP and WvW are able to.

TL:DR: PvE, both Open World and Instanced, should have a way to gain items from eachother without needing to play that content. Much like WvW and PvP are able to gain items from PvE, PvE should be able to as well. Will take a cut in drops, in that of a 60/40 ratio, for the full track work. Or remove the incremental drops while leaving the final chest for an 80/20 ratio. Not more rewards, just an alternative way to obtain specific rewards.

Adding this in: TO BE CLEAR!! I’m not asking for too much here with this. I’m not asking for every track from WvW and PvP. I’m specifically thinking of Season 3 map tracks and the dungeon tracks. Could also add in a fractal track for PvE players, only, much like the Glorious (PvP) and Triumphant (WvW) tracks. PvErs can ONLY obtain certain items through playing that content where PvP and WvW can remain in their content and still get rewards for content they don’t play. I’m just asking for a way for PvEers (Instanced and Open Worlders) to do the same.

(edited by Vyriis.6258)

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

One of the primary reasons for tracks is that PvE already has a ridiculous amount of loot.

PvP & WvW have no way of getting certain items without leaving the game mode. And the loot is pretty slow even with the tracks added.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

PvE maps already have reward track for participation.

Vyriis.6258

One of the primary reasons for tracks is that PvE already has a ridiculous amount of loot.

PvP & WvW have no way of getting certain items without leaving the game mode. And the loot is pretty slow even with the tracks added.

So did you read my post? PvE isn’t all one “Game mode”. You have open world, dungeons, fractals, and raids. Not everyone enjoys every part of it. For those of us who pretty much ONLY play Fractals and Raids are in the same boat as those who ONLY play PvP and WvW. We would have to step out of our game mode in order to obtain those same things. If you read my post you’d see where I pointed out that I’m asking this because of the season 3 maps. PvP and WvW are able to jump over to those maps just as easily as us fract and raid runners and grab those nodes, then jump back and work on their tracks. Us Fract and Raid runners, however, jump over to those maps, grab the nodes, then go back to our Fracts and Raids only able to obtain the rewards related to those game modes…

What I’m saying is that Fractal runners and Raiders spend 99% of our time in those game modes, the same as PvP and WvW players. I’m not asking for us to get access to the Glorious or Triumphant sets, just like WvW and PvP don’t have access to Fractal weapons or Raid weapons. But WvW and PvP have access to Dungeon gear AND all the season 3 map rewards while just staying in their game mode. Fractals and Raids don’t have that. If we want those rewards we have to leave and go there. Not sure how I can explain that any clearer.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

PvE already has reward tracks:

• Dailies in each LS3 zone provide extra local currency plus unbound.
  • Major events in L3 zones provide local currency + unbound.
  • HoT events provide tons of local currency.
  • And of course, gathering in LS3 zones.
  • Core Tyria zones literally have an event-reward track, which can also be bypassed by spending karma on Pact Scout Mapping Materials, allowing you to show up in a zone, double click a few times, and collect.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Vyriis.6258

• Core Tyria zones literally have an event-reward track, which can also be bypassed by spending karma on Pact Scout Mapping Materials, allowing you to show up in a zone, double click a few times, and collect.

Will people read the post before responding, please… I get I put in a tldr, but read the post before pointing out things I’m speaking directly against. Yes, PvE has a all of that. But, sadly, Fractals and Raids are part of PvE. Yet if we only run fractals and Raids, like someone who runs PvP or WvW, we lose out on the rest of the PvE “Game Mode” that PvP and WvW get as tracks. PvE is made up of Open World and Instanced content. Those who play open world get their Season 3 stuff every day. Those of us who play the instances every day are in the same boat as PvP and WvW players, but without tracks we are further in the hole. Not everyone who plays in PvE likes to play the open world yet we are punished for only playing Fractals, dungeons, and raids in a way that PvP and WvW are not.

What I’m actually asking for is “Fractal and Raid tracks”, but can’t say that because then I’d have to argue, because people wouldn’t read, that I’m not asking for a fractal or raid track for WvW and PvP, but rather tracks for Fractals and Raids that work the same as PvP and WvW tracks.

(edited by Vyriis.6258)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What I’m actually asking for is “Fractal and Raid tracks”, but can’t say that because then I’d have to argue, because people wouldn’t read, that I’m not asking for a fractal or raid track for WvW and PvP, but rather tracks for Fractals and Raids that work the same as PvP and WvW tracks.

Currencies are basically the Fractal and Raid reward tracks. They do the same job. You get a fixed amount of PvP reward track per game depending on win or loss, you get a fixed amount of magnetite shards from a raid boss depending on win or loss, you get a fixed amount of fractal/pristine fractal relics from fractals per win.

From a design perspective, they do the same job, other than the filler loot from the in-between boxes- but do you really want your inventory filled with crappy boxes?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Elva.6372

Elva.6372

I’m thinking Dailies were supposed to fulfill this “reward track” need. But I must admit, I don’t like the daily system now when I trying to level my low level characters -most of the stuff just doesn’t coincide with what and where my lowbies are involved with at the moment.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agreed. PvE players need to have a method of working towards PvP and WvW-only rewards, just as PvPers and WvWers can work towards PvE rewards. There also needs to be a PvE way of converting Ascended armor into Legendary like PvPers have now.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Agreed. PvE players need to have a method of working towards PvP and WvW-only rewards, just as PvPers and WvWers can work towards PvE rewards. There also needs to be a PvE way of converting Ascended armor into Legendary like PvPers have now.

I dont see the need for the pve ascended armors to be able to upgrade to legendary.
You already have raids for pve legendary armors, do spvp or wvw if you want it another way.
You always said you wanted legendary armors that was easier to get but took longer time well we got it now Wvw one is just that.

What other WvW/pvp rewards are we talking about gift of battle?

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Like the OP stated not everyone who PvE’s does Raids, some of us only do FOTM, or some of us only do Open world. Not everyone does Raiding. I would love to have access to legendary armor outside of raids. I don’t understand why WvW and PvP get the option when FOTM players also use marks and currency to get ascended gear. It should have been an option for all of the game plays. I do WvW so I will have that line but not all pve players do.

Tracks cant hurt the game play and heck even if it over rode the map bonus I would still personally be ok with that. Since I know the end result of my track unlike the map bonus, its not always something I want.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t understand why WvW and PvP get the option when FOTM players also use marks and currency to get ascended gear.

The reason WvWers and PvPers need to get top level rewards is a matter of retention and the fundamentally different nature of WvWers/PvPers and PvEers. A WvWer and a PvPer are both actively providing content for other people to complete – themselves – while PvEers are not.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Will people read the post before responding, please… I get I put in a tldr, but read the post before pointing out things I’m speaking directly against. Yes, PvE has a all of that. But, sadly, Fractals and Raids are part of PvE. Yet if we only run fractals and Raids, like someone who runs PvP or WvW, we lose out on the rest of the PvE “Game Mode” that PvP and WvW get as tracks. PvE is made up of Open World and Instanced content. Those who play open world get their Season 3 stuff every day. Those of us who play the instances every day are in the same boat as PvP and WvW players, but without tracks we are further in the hole. Not everyone who plays in PvE likes to play the open world yet we are punished for only playing Fractals, dungeons, and raids in a way that PvP and WvW are not.

I read your tl;dr and I’m telling you why I think PvE doesn’t need it — it’s already easy to get those things in PvE. Fractals & raids already have excellent economic rewards, unique skins, and other benefits and they aren’t a sufficiently different mode that they need the boost.

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Raids and Fractals already have similar, and actually much better. The rewards you get from both far out weigh WvW or PvP (typically you might get an ascended once a month while in a raid I get one on average every other week, not including the tokens I would earn in that time frame.) The reward tracks are to make those options viable to earn things, Fractals and raids both already out pace WvW & PvP with reward tracks making them not really need it.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I guess, with many things Legendary, some “moving out of one’s comfort zone” is required.

Good luck on your suggestion.

Vyriis.6258

For those who are only reading the TL:DR I say this again, before commenting that PvE already get’s all of what I’m asking for actually read what my post is saying.

For those of us who only run raids and FotM when we log on we DO NOT go out and farm the season 3 maps. We do NOT get dungeon rewards. Yet WvW and PvPers do from just playing their game mode.

What I am suggesting is a track that allows us raiders and FotM runners to work towards the season materials the same way WvW and PvP players can. You people play one game mode and yet have access to the PvE rewards. I’m not asking for PvE players to receive PvP or WvW rewards at all. I’m asking for Fractal and Raid runners to be able to gain other PvE rewards in the same way by playing the game mode we want to.

If you read my post you will see what I’m actually talking about. PvP and WvW CAN go to the season three maps, grab the nodes, and return to their game mode and continue working towards more. HOWEVER we who only play FotM and Raids are unable to do that. Our game mode is just FotM and Raids. Most of us don’t like going into the competitive game modes. So we are locked into only grabbing the nodes in the season 3 maps. I don’t care about any other rewards from the tracks. Just an easier way to obtain those materials that the competitive players can obtain through both farming the nodes AND playing their own game mode.

If you want to say it’s just as easy for a FotM or Raider to get anything else in PvE then I say anyone from WvW and PvP has just as easy a time getting them. There shouldn’t be tracks for the seasonal maps that allow them easier access to those rewards. So stop trying to shut down something you apparently aren’t looking at from more than one angle.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

For those of us who only run raids and FotM when we log on we DO NOT go out and farm the season 3 maps. We do NOT get dungeon rewards. Yet WvW and PvPers do from just playing their game mode.

Stop doing only raid or fractal and go farm or do dungeon. How complicated is your life?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The reward tracks are to allow PvPing and WvW to get PvE equivalents. Putting them in PvE would just end up double dipping.

Vyriis.6258

Stop doing only raid or fractal and go farm or do dungeon. How complicated is your life?

Ok, you narrow minded fellow. If it’s so easy for me to go and do the open world content and dungeons then it is JUST as easy for a PvPer or WvWer to do the same. Saying just because I choose to play a game mode that happens to be PvE I should stop playing what I want to to go play something I don’t, yet someone who gets to play something they want all the time and doesn’t need to play something they don’t, yet the latter will get the rewards from the content neither of us want to play… That’s fair to you? And it’s not about complication in life. It’s about time and playing with RNG. It’s not about going and farming. If you people would stop just reading the TL:DR and read the actual post you’d see I’m saying PvP and WvW players are able to go and farm the season 3 maps, get the materials, then go back to their game mode and grind those out until they get more of those materials. Where as those of us who play only fracts or raids are stuck with playing the RNG game with the nodes and then getting shafted while the PvP and WvW players stock up on their potions until the next thing drops that they can spend them on and get rewards for without putting any actual effort into those new areas.

Vyriis.6258

The reward tracks are to allow PvPing and WvW to get PvE equivalents. Putting them in PvE would just end up double dipping.

It’s not double dipping though. I’m going to say again: Stop reading the TL:DR before you people post. I’m looking at the Season 3 Map materials like Blood Rubies, Jade shards, and Petrified wood. They are spread far around, there are few of them, and they are stuck behind an RNG wall. PvEers can go and farm them, sure. But grabbing all the nodes in the area might only reward me with a single ruby if RNGsus feels like blessing me that day. Sure, we have the dailies that give a few more. But this is still little compared to the PvP and WvW players who can go do the same and then go back to the game mode they want to play and continue working towards more. Or they can save up their potions and just blow them all on the track to get what they need of them right away (as many people did when Aurora dropped). So I ask you: Who is really double dipping? The PvEers who only have one way to obtain the map materials or the PvP and WvWers who can both farm the maps and work on tracks?

I really don’t understand why I need to repeat this over and over while you people seem to not be able to read and understand and look at this from both sides. I’ve played the track game. I have friends who play WvW and PvP who have obtained those materials much faster than the people I know who play only PvE. The tracks should not be PvP and WvW exclusive. They get to play the content they want all day without having to step into a PvE map and play content they don’t want to, but yet get the PvE rewards? Fracts and raiders get to play the content they want all day long without needing to go into a game mode they don’t want and they…. Get crapped on because they actually need to go play content they don’t want? Makes sense? No, it does not.

Fractal and Raiders play what they do because they like to and may only have time for that little bit per day. I know some people who come home, play their daily fracts, then need to log off. They don’t have time to go farm, while praying to RNGsus, just to get shafted and obtain a single material per day when they don’t even like that content. Competitive players may be toxic, but you don’t have to be ignorant as well. Not everyone enjoys playing the open world. Our game mode, that being Fracts and Raids, should not be any different from PvP and WvW in terms of the progression we can make on maps none of us want to play.

And to say that fracts and raids get more rewards than PvP and WvW, sure, yeah, ok. I can see this in some ways. PvP and WvW also have rewards that PvEers can’t obtain either, that’s fine. There should be a split between the two to show which you actually play. Howver forcing us to play content that the PvP and WvW players don’t even want to play yet the PvP and WvW players can still get the rewards for while staying in their own game mode; does that really seem fair to you?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

For those who are only reading the TL:DR I say this again, before commenting that PvE already get’s all of what I’m asking for actually read what my post is saying.

What I am suggesting is a track that allows us raiders and FotM runners to work towards the season materials the same way WvW and PvP players can. You people play one game mode and yet have access to the PvE rewards. I’m not asking for PvE players to receive PvP or WvW rewards at all. I’m asking for Fractal and Raid runners to be able to gain other PvE rewards in the same way by playing the game mode we want to.

If you read my post you will see what I’m actually talking about. PvP and WvW CAN go to the season three maps, grab the nodes, and return to their game mode and continue working towards more. HOWEVER we who only play FotM and Raids are unable to do that. Our game mode is just FotM and Raids. Most of us don’t like going into the competitive game modes. So we are locked into only grabbing the nodes in the season 3 maps. I don’t care about any other rewards from the tracks. Just an easier way to obtain those materials that the competitive players can obtain through both farming the nodes AND playing their own game mode.

If you want to say it’s just as easy for a FotM or Raider to get anything else in PvE then I say anyone from WvW and PvP has just as easy a time getting them. There shouldn’t be tracks for the seasonal maps that allow them easier access to those rewards. So stop trying to shut down something you apparently aren’t looking at from more than one angle.

People have read your post, they have read the tl;dr.

It’s called disagreeing.

Maybe if you gave less attitude people would be willing to disscuss things more instead of blaming others of not agreeing.

You’re on a public message board, your opinion is bound not to get shared by everyone.

On that topic, it makes sense to encourage less popular game modes via additional rewards. Pve is by far the biggest segment with the most diverse content both gameplay and rewards wise. There is no need to fix something that’s not broken.

See what I did there, not fun arguing with attitude is it?

Ohoni.6057

I dont see the need for the pve ascended armors to be able to upgrade to legendary.
You already have raids for pve legendary armors, do spvp or wvw if you want it another way.

Raids are no more PvE than WvW is sPvP.

You always said you wanted legendary armors that was easier to get but took longer time well we got it now Wvw one is just that.

I always wanted Legendary armor earned through PvE means. It was never about “easier,” it was about being able to earn it without having to raid. WvW is no better.

The reason WvWers and PvPers need to get top level rewards is a matter of retention and the fundamentally different nature of WvWers/PvPers and PvEers. A WvWer and a PvPer are both actively providing content for other people to complete – themselves – while PvEers are not.

Why do you believe that PvP and WvW are worthy of top-level rewards, but not PvE?

But the point is that PvPers don’t have to go out of their way, they can just keep running the same content over and over again and unlock any items they want for doing so. PvE, on the other hand, has to run specific content, whether that’s the content they enjoy or not, if they want specific rewards. Shouldn’t they have the same flexibility as PvPers to run the content they enjoy most while still progressing towards the reward they want?

done by now.”

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’ve got no issue with what you are asking for, as long as you remove most of the rest of the loot from completing fractals/raids etc. You’d then get the same amount of loot for time spent as in WvW or PvP.

Equality is what you are asking for, yes?

Vyriis.6258

It’s called disagreeing.

Maybe if you gave less attitude people would be willing to disscuss things more instead of blaming others of not agreeing.

You’re on a public message board, your opinion is bound not to get shared by everyone.

On that topic, it makes sense to encourage less popular game modes via additional rewards. Pve is by far the biggest segment with the most diverse content both gameplay and rewards wise. There is no need to fix something that’s not broken.

Hey, Bud. I wasn’t giving attitude. Nothing I said or will say is me not being ok with people disagreeing, but thank you for your attitude. What I am trying to do, however, is make it clear why it is I am asking for what I am. I’m looking at this from all sides yet it seems most people are only looking at it from the black and white “You are a PvE player who wants twice the reward”. Not blaming people for not agreeing, I already knew it was going to happen. Again; just trying to, strongly, put logic behind the request that people are most likely going to overlook as it’s “more rewards for PvEers.”

I agree: PvE has the most diversity. But what I am trying to point out, which even you have failed to see, is that diversity is exactly that, diverse. Not every aspect of PvE is liked by all PvE players. As I am saying with every reply: A lot of people only enjoy playing Fractals. Some people only enjoy raids. And some really do enjoy the open world. This is a great thing that people have content that they like and are good at. However, with that said, not every PvEer, just like how WvW and PvP players, like all the PvE content. Some people pop on to play the open world maps, that’s fine, that’s great. So they get to farm their materials and do those dailies and have fun doing it.

What about those of us who don’t, though? Those of us who don’t like that content and want to play what we do enjoy, which happens to be Fractals and Raids? PvP and WvW players get to play the content they want while working on tracks that allows them to gain the rewards from the open world maps. That I am fine with. But why is it the people who run Fractals and Raids are actually forced to put down their content, for however long it takes, until they obtain what they need from the new maps?

People keep saying that PvE is one game mode, so what’s really the difference? You’re right, sure. We all like to kill AI, that much is the same. But what’s your point? AI acts different and is more difficult depending on the area. Now I, and a lot of people I know, don’t like the open world maps. They are not engaging and are just frustrating to play through. Yet we very much enjoy Fractals and Raids (Funny; we like bashing our heads against the same thing day after day just like WvW and PvPers, yet are treated differently). I’m not saying to give Fractal and Raid runners all the same tracks as WvW and PvP players get. I’m asking for a track that will allow us, and the other PvE players who might not want to jump into WvW and PvP, to obtain the materials that are locked behind RNG on these open world maps.

PvP and WvW players can jump out of their desired content just as easily as Fractal and Raid players, farm the material, then go back into their maps to continue progressing on tracks that will give them more of those materials. Fractal and Raiders, however, have to leave their desired content, farm the maps just the same, but when we return to our content we make no progression towards anymore. We are stuck with just what the map decides to give us that day.

All I’m trying to say is: before looking at what I’m trying to say as attitude and the inability to accept what others are saying. Do look at it as “this is a public forum meant for discussion.” I presented my point, the people are arguing their point, I’m arguing back in hopes people can see it from my side. I already assumed this was going to be an unpopular topic, as you can see in the very first line of what I said. Doesn’t give me any less right to argue my side of it to make it clear why I’m asking for what I am and hoping people can open their eyes and see I’m not just asking for more rewards. I’m asking for a way for all PvEers to receive something that PvP and WvW players are already getting an upper hand on over those who actually play the content that those rewards are coming from.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

WvW & PvP are fundamentally different game modes from PvE. Raids and Fractals are instanced versions of PvE.

You can do 100% raids & fractals and get good loot; that didn’t used to be true for WvW or PvP, which is why they have reward tracks. So again, in my opinion, the reason there’s no such thing as a track for those playing FotM or Raids is that it isn’t necessary.

Vyriis.6258

I’ve got no issue with what you are asking for, as long as you remove most of the rest of the loot from completing fractals/raids etc. You’d then get the same amount of loot for time spent as in WvW or PvP.

Equality is what you are asking for, yes?

Equality is what I’m asking for, yes, but what I’m not fully asking for is a track that perfectly mimics that of WvW or PvP, either. We do get a massive amount of reward over PvP and WvW, this I will not argue. What I’m looking for is a way to receive the season 3 maps materials, and any other map rewards that are to come, through content I want to play. PvP and WvW are able to receive Season 3 Map materials and the special armor pieces that come with those areas without having to play that content. However Fractal and Raid players have to drop what they are doing and go play it if they want it. This does not seem fair. And us gaining an exact copy paste of the reward tracks, which does give loot other than those map materials and armor pieces, would be wrong for me to ask for, but I would like something that would work in a similar way.

If we did manage to get a track similar in function I would even be okay if there were no incremental reward that provided more loot drops and just get the “Reach 20,000 points and receive the map material or armor box”. I’d be perfectly fine with that. That would still allow us another way to obtain those materials and items.

Ohoni.6057

WvW & PvP are fundamentally different game modes from PvE. Raids and Fractals are instanced versions of PvE.

You can do 100% raids & fractals and get good loot; that didn’t used to be true for WvW or PvP, which is why they have reward tracks. So again, in my opinion, the reason there’s no such thing as a track for those playing FotM or Raids is that it isn’t necessary.

This is all subjective, “the things I care about matter, the things you care about don’t.” Yeah, PvP didn’t used to offer great rewards, but PvP doesn’t need any rewards, since a day-one account player can do PvP just as well as a five year vet account can, player skill is all that matters. WvW also makes little difference what quality of gear you have. I think it’s fine for them to have rewards, but they don’t need them, so if we’re making arguments based on necessity rather than desire, then they’re both out too.

The simple fact is that plenty of people do not enjoy the game modes that you single out as “PvE for people who want nice things.” These players want nice things too, without having to do those modes. For those that argue that a PvE reward track would be "double dipping, " there are ways around that, like reducing the base rewards for these activities a bit, but in a way that would not harm the overall gain.

For example, let’s say there is a CoF PvE path. You can advance it by doing anything in PvE, with different activities offering different amounts of progress. Consequently, the base rewards from clearing CoF would be reduced slightly, but if that’s your focus, if you’re just farming CoF, and you turn on the CoF path, then the combined loot gain would be comparable to what you’re used to, and a faster way to get all CoF rewards than doing other activities.

The benefit, however, is that it now gives you options, both the option to turn the CoF track on and farm other activities you enjoy more while still advancing towards CoF completion like a PvP player can, OR to farm CoF if you prefer and advance along the Bitterfrost Frontier track if that’s the reward structure you want.

done by now.”

Vyriis.6258

You’re right on one account: we don’t need it for the loot itself. However if you don’t look at the incremental rewards and look at the one reward I do keep pointing out, that being the final reward of the tracks, then you can see what I am talking about. We do get much more reward for our time spent in our content. An exact replica of the track system for our game mode would be more on top of that and blow it out of balance. That is, however, not what I’m looking at.

They could even just take the final reward from those tracks and split it among the incremental rewards. Say: 50 Blood Rubies from finishing the track. Split it up into, not eight, but five increments. Each rewarding 10 blood rubies/petrified wood/etc. with no actual final reward. Just that same thing over and over. Or even have the increments be unbound magic or, because I’m looking at this as something for fractals and raids, pristine relics or magnetite shards for the increments (only) with the final reward being the map materials or armor.

I’m just looking for a way to balance it out so it’s not only easy for WvW and PvP to obtain these from playing their desired game mode, but also give a way for PvE players to get it just the same instead of having to rely on good ol’ RNGsus.

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

Hey, I’d be all for this…just as soon as they put reward tracks in the open world and WvW/PvP for magnetite, fractal skins, stabilizing matrices, etc…..

Vyriis.6258

This is all subjective, “the things I care about matter, the things you care about don’t.” Yeah, PvP didn’t used to offer great rewards, but PvP doesn’t need any rewards, since a day-one account player can do PvP just as well as a five year vet account can, player skill is all that matters. WvW also makes little difference what quality of gear you have. I think it’s fine for them to have rewards, but they don’t need them, so if we’re making arguments based on necessity rather than desire, then they’re both out too.

The simple fact is that plenty of people do not enjoy the game modes that you single out as “PvE for people who want nice things.” These players want nice things too, without having to do those modes. For those that argue that a PvE reward track would be "double dipping, " there are ways around that, like reducing the base rewards for these activities a bit, but in a way that would not harm the overall gain.

For example, let’s say there is a CoF PvE path. You can advance it by doing anything in PvE, with different activities offering different amounts of progress. Consequently, the base rewards from clearing CoF would be reduced slightly, but if that’s your focus, if you’re just farming CoF, and you turn on the CoF path, then the combined loot gain would be comparable to what you’re used to, and a faster way to get all CoF rewards than doing other activities.

The benefit, however, is that it now gives you options, both the option to turn the CoF track on and farm other activities you enjoy more while still advancing towards CoF completion like a PvP player can, OR to farm CoF if you prefer and advance along the Bitterfrost Frontier track if that’s the reward structure you want.

Thank you. This is pretty much what I was thinking. I’m not asking for something to give us way more rewards than the other game modes, just a way to balance it out so that we aren’t forced to play the game types we don’t want. People who want to only play open world events should be allowed to only play open world events while being able to obtain some things, not all things, that are locked behind other content.

Dungeon tracks are part of WvW and PvP already, so they don’t have to touch that content and still obtain those rewards. So why not a way for open world PvEers to obtain them as well? The rewards from the tracks don’t have to be as substantial as they are for WvW and PvP, as they don’t receive the same amount of drops, but they should get something so they aren’t forced to play those just to get something they might want that is already available to everyone else.

Which is my point with a track for Fractals and Raids. We enjoy that content, but don’t care for the open world content that much (or at least some of us don’t). So why not give us a track that allows us to gain rewards from those areas just the same as PvP and WvW. A similar design, not a complete copy, of what WvW and PvP already have. Each of us wants to play what we want how we want. That was Anets original statement. So why not share the love with all game modes. A modified version of the reward tracks for the Open world side and the Fractal/raid side would help with this.

I will note that I left dungeons mostly out of the reward track idea as, I did point out in my original statement, they already have the “complete 8, receive 5g and 150 tokens of your choice”. This is already a very easy way for people who run dungeons to get what they want fairly quickly and without having to touch the dungeons they don’t like. However I think maybe dungeons, if a track is placed in for raids and fracts, gets included in that category. So progression in Dungeons, Fractals, and Raids work together on the same track, while open world has its own.

(edited by Vyriis.6258)

Vyriis.6258

Hey, I’d be all for this…just as soon as they put reward tracks in the open world and WvW/PvP for magnetite, fractal skins, stabilizing matrices, etc…..

Asking for a track in which PvP and WvW could gain Magnetite, fractal skins, and stabilizing matrices, goes against what I’m asking for. That would be the same as me asking for this track to include triumphant and glorious sets and the Hero weapon sets along with proof of heroics, shards of glory, and memories of battle. Each game type should still have its own unique rewards that can pull people into that content. PvP and WvW are just as unplayable for some people as Fractals and Raids are for others. Keeping those rewards specific to those game modes is still needed.

Dungeon reward tracks and Season 3 reward tracks do not offer items that are specific to WvW or PvP. There is no reason they should be obtainable by people who wont play that content, but not obtainable by those who are perceived to actually play them. Not everyone in PvE plays that content, just the same as PvP and WvWers wont play them either, yet PvP and WvW get the rewards from them. I’m fine with that, as long as we get a share in it. You can keep your prestigious sets while we keep ours, but the tracks that have been out long enough already where the need to play those areas of the game is no longer needed (Season 3 maps and Dungeons); we should get a bite of those. Again, not saying a complete copy of them. Just something similar. Same end goal, less filler.

Ohoni.6057

Asking for a track in which PvP and WvW could gain Magnetite, fractal skins, and stabilizing matrices, goes against what I’m asking for. That would be the same as me asking for this track to include triumphant and glorious sets and the Hero weapon sets along with proof of heroics, shards of glory, and memories of battle.

All that sounds great. Let’s do all of those things.

Game types don’t need unique rewards to “draw in” players. Or, if they do, they only need to be shallowly buried ones that can be earned relatively quickly. Once a player has spent a few hours at an activity, he can decide for himself whether he wants to stick around, and at that point any reward still being locked off is just encouraging him to not have fun.

Nobody benefits from encouraging players to not have fun.

So certain game modes can have rewards that are easier to earn in that mode, but it should all be available to gain elsewhere, in whichever mode the player most prefers, so that the only thing the game encourages to do is enjoy his experience.

done by now.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Should there be Reward Tracks for every part of PvE preference? One for Jumping Puzzles? One for underwater combat? One for World Bosses? One for Story Instances? One for Gathering? One for Activities?

I mean, there are lots of different parts of PvE that certain parts of the playerbase prefer. If the Devs give PvE reward tracks for one segment of PvE, should they not give them for all segments of PvE?

I’m not trying to be contrary, but I’m sure that there are many ‘I prefer to only play this part of the game’ groups of players out there. I’d certainly like a Reward Track for my preferred gameplay. It would only be fair.

Ohoni.6057

Should there be Reward Tracks for every part of PvE preference? One for Jumping Puzzles? One for underwater combat? One for World Bosses? One for Story Instances? One for Gathering? One for Activities?

One for players made entirely out of straw?

Particularly those trapped on precariously tilted surfaces?

Maybe.

done by now.”

Vyriis.6258

I mean, there are lots of different parts of PvE that certain parts of the playerbase prefer. If the Devs give PvE reward tracks for one segment of PvE, should they not give them for all segments of PvE?

I’m not trying to be contrary, but I’m sure that there are many ‘I prefer to only play this part of the game’ groups of players out there. I’d certainly like a Reward Track for my preferred gameplay. It would only be fair.

You are certainly right in that there are a lot of ways to play that would make making a track specifically for each one a real bother. However, with that said, as much as PvE is a blanket term for anything that isn’t isn’t competitive, so too can the groupings be. As I pointed out: Raids, Fractals, and dungeons could all work towards the same track while Open world events such as World bosses, dynamic events, and, yes, jumping puzzles, would all be another one. Combat, of course, would contribute in a small way to the tracks as well, say: so many kills equals such and such amount of progression. Or you could just throw all that out and say anything you do in PvE contributes to the same track. Fractal completed = W, X, Y, Z amount (Depending on tier). Dungeon completed = F amount. World boss = E amount. Dynamic event = A, B, or C amount (depending on Bronze, Silver, or Gold). There are a few ways to go about it. I merely went to raids and fracts as that is my preferred game mode. Certainly there are ways to apply it to both aspects of PvE, that being Open World and instances.

(edited by Vyriis.6258)

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Like the OP stated not everyone who PvE’s does Raids, some of us only do FOTM, or some of us only do Open world. Not everyone does Raiding. I would love to have access to legendary armor outside of raids. I don’t understand why WvW and PvP get the option when FOTM players also use marks and currency to get ascended gear. It should have been an option for all of the game plays. I do WvW so I will have that line but not all pve players do.

Tracks cant hurt the game play and heck even if it over rode the map bonus I would still personally be ok with that. Since I know the end result of my track unlike the map bonus, its not always something I want.

Why do you even need Legendary Armor if all you do is world bosses? It’s not like you’re going to get the skins from raids, nor do you get any stat increase, nor will you ever swap stats on your armor that often. So why do you want it? Ascended, even Exotic, is just fine for you.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Ohoni.6057

Why do you even need Legendary Armor if all you do is world bosses?

Nobody needs anything. It’s a game. Everything that takes place within the client is about want, not need, and players are as entitled to want Legendary armor for fighting world bosses as they are for fighting raid bosses.

Ascended, even Exotic, is just fine for you.

Then if it doesn’t make any difference, why not let them have Legendary?

done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s called disagreeing.

Hey, Bud. I wasn’t giving attitude. Nothing I said or will say is me not being ok with people disagreeing, but thank you for your attitude.

Are you sure? want me to quote some of your responses?

What about this one:

So did you read my post?

and this one:

Will people read the post before responding, please… I get I put in a tldr, but read the post before pointing out things I’m speaking directly against.

and this:

and my favorite:

Ok, you narrow minded fellow.

Those are literally your openings for your first 4-5 posts and you are conveniently accusing others of not having properly read your original post with the last one you actually calling some one else narrow minded. A nice way to create superiority and dissmiss different opinions. That’s giving attitude.

There is ofcorse a 2nd possibility to this if you have to repeate the question if people have read the original post: maybe you were unclear in which case again the fault lies with you and not people responding to your thread. Or as I said, thye might just disagree.

You could have just as easily started any of your replies with:

- I disagree and have pointed out in my original idea …
- no that is not what I was talking about…
- I get what you are saying, I still think that…

That’s how you create engaging conversation.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

This guy has it, the reward tracks are there to compensate for the fact that those games modes give terrible loot. Fractals and Raids give good loot they don’t need to be topped up with more loot.

On the other hand I’d be all for it if they add reward tracks to open world pve, wvw and pvp that give fractal and raid loot, legendary insights, for example, make it so you’d have to fill a bunch of reward tracks but you could get your legendary armour without setting foot in raids.

In fact we could just scrap the idea of unique rewards and currencies and replace them all with a new one, let’s call it “grey” or “goo!”

Edit : I’m now up to date with the latest news and know they are adding legendary armour to pvp and wvw. My point stands though.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Pifil.5193

Also, what’s the purpose of those particular reward tracks? To get the LS 3 currencies. Why are they needed? Primarily for ascended trinkets. What content floods us most with trinkets? Fractals.

If you want to get aurora then you have to do the relevant content, just like you have to do the relevant content for legendary armour or the legendary backpacks.

Get the LS3 nodes for your home instance. They help a lot.

Ohoni.6057

This guy has it, the reward tracks are there to compensate for the fact that those games modes give terrible loot. Fractals and Raids give good loot they don’t need to be topped up with more loot.

But the point is not to provide more loot, the point is to allow more convenient VARIETY of loot, to allow player enjoyment to dictate what you play, rather than desired reward to dictate how you play. If “better loot” were the only reason behind PvP reward tracks then they wouldn’t need to allow you to pick the track available, they could just force you into one track at a time, and maybe remove all variety from it and just have them dump generic items. Clearly part of the premise of the PvP reward tracks is to give those players a variety of options. The point of a PvE reward track is to allow them that same variety of loot even if they prefer certain activities over others.

As I noted above, this doesn’t need to involve MORE loot, they could rebalance the content so that it averages out the same. Just make it so that Content A delivers less loot than it currently does, but such that if you run Content A while also working on PvE Track A then you’d get the same amount of Content A loot as you get doing it now, while if you did Content A while working on Track B, then you’d get a little of both.

On the other hand I’d be all for it if they add reward tracks to open world pve, wvw and pvp that give fractal and raid loot, legendary insights, for example, make it so you’d have to fill a bunch of reward tracks but you could get your legendary armour without setting foot in raids.

Exactly.

done by now.”

Pifil.5193

I was kinda being facetious there but I do take your point.

The issue here is the homogenisation of rewards, I think, people like unique rewards for their time. I get that. Those rewards act as an incentive to “do the thing” that gives the rewards.

The wvw and pvp reward tracks are a strange way of getting rewards into those modes, imo, first added to compensate for the removal of pvp skin crafting around when the wardrobe was introduced it was extended later to wvw to give something like reward parity between the competitive modes and with pve.

Pve is considered a single mode by ArenaNet, these rewards are already available in pve, but just not the way that you may like.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There are only 3 officially recognised game modes though – PvE, WvW and sPvP. I understand what you are asking, but it’s asking a lot for Anet to cater for every niche player. The subset of players who never run anything other than raids/fractals is probably so low, that it wouldn’t be worth the time/resources to invest in producing tracks.

The reason WvW/PvP got the tracks was because the rewards they were getting was extremely poor – considerably below what raids, fractals or most other niches of PvE are able to get. And of course the numbers of players exclusive to those game modes is likely pretty high.

At the end of the day, if you only restrict yourself to a tiny niche of 1 mode of a massive game, then to get the rewards you desire, it will mean venturing outside of the comfort zone.

I’m an open world/story player and I can’t get Legendary armour or dungeon tokens or fractal skins etc without venturing into those appropriate modes. Is it fair I can’t get those without doing something different? Yes, yes it is.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Just to be constructive, I have an idea……

Formed after the rise of the Elder dragons, the Arch Exchange of Lion’s Arch has become the most important financial institution in Tyria. Founded by a member of the Xunlai, Hao Luen, after becoming marooned from his home land of Cantha after the Rising of Orr. Today the Guild is headed by his grandson, Captain Hao Luen of the Captain’s Council in Lion’s Arch; serving as the Council’s Financial adviser.

Seeing Tyria once again pushing outward against the dragon’s influence, the many curious, often magical items found by adventures, has caught the attention of the Arch Exchange due to the value as a trading currency. Seeing demand that has yet to be met, the Arch Exchange is launching a new initiate to enable adventures to exchange these currencies for credit, used to purchase other currencies brought in by other adventurers. The goal is to eventually rebuild the global institution once run by the Xunlai, and hopefully provide enough leverage to convince the Emperor of Cantha to reopen trade….. if/when Tyria can reestablish contact with the isolated empire.

Mechanically the exchange works very similar to the old dye and material traders of GW1, as well as the current Gem exchange, but using a Xunlai credit system as an intermediary. To protect the system from abuse and fraud, the Xunlai passively monitor the activities of their account holders as they travel. “Those who maintain good standing and reputation as adventurers are allowed full access to the range of services.” To encourage continued activity in the field, the Exchange charges a Karma fee with every withdrawal, scaled to the credit value of the currency withdrawn in. They’ve also made considerations for retired adventurers who have been invested in the exchange, and allows a daily limited amount of credit to be converted to Karma to help cover service fees.

Posted by: Amawyn.1925

Amawyn.1925

+1 we need fractal relic reward track

Vyriis.6258

There are only 3 officially recognised game modes though – PvE, WvW and sPvP. I understand what you are asking, but it’s asking a lot for Anet to cater for every niche player. The subset of players who never run anything other than raids/fractals is probably so low, that it wouldn’t be worth the time/resources to invest in producing tracks.

The reason WvW/PvP got the tracks was because the rewards they were getting was extremely poor – considerably below what raids, fractals or most other niches of PvE are able to get. And of course the numbers of players exclusive to those game modes is likely pretty high.

At the end of the day, if you only restrict yourself to a tiny niche of 1 mode of a massive game, then to get the rewards you desire, it will mean venturing outside of the comfort zone.

I’m an open world/story player and I can’t get Legendary armour or dungeon tokens or fractal skins etc without venturing into those appropriate modes. Is it fair I can’t get those without doing something different? Yes, yes it is.

You’re right, there are only three game modes. So why cut one out when it comes to reward tracks? My example is to Fractals and raids, sure, because that’s what I play. But look at it in the broader scope: If they added a track for PvE that allowed those of you who play open world only to be able to obtain dungeon armor, like WvW and PvP players currently can, without setting foot in the actual dungeons, then why not do it? You might play the season 3 maps all the time, but I, and those of us who raids and run fracts all the time, do not. So obtaining what’s in those maps takes forever, especially when we can farm every node and maybe get a single material from them. However WvW and PvP players do have access to a quicker means of gaining those materials.

I’m not suggesting something that gives us so much more loot that we’re rolling in the cash and laughing at the other game modes. I’m not asking for something that will break the game balance. I’m asking for something that the PvP and WvW community have that allows them to stay in their content, gain items from content they don’t play, and are also able to build up the means in which to instantly gain material from that content when something drops that requires it (i.e. Aurora requiring 250 of each of the S3 map materials).

If they want to add a track for open world, PvP, and WvW, for people to get fractal items, sure, fine, go for it. But there is one thing that should stick to the high end PvEers, and that’s Legendary armor. I will not ask for Glorious armor or Triumphant armor to be given to anyone in PvE, there needs to remain a difference in what these game modes offer in some way. Legendary backpacks are the same way. Yes, this is Fashion Wars, but there are some items that should not be shared through every game mode. I’m asking specifically for something WvW and PvP already have that make it way easier for them to obtain something PvE has to pray to RNG for.

The track I’m proposing wouldn’t be giving us way more loot than we already receive, just an alternative to what we are receiving while we play the content we want. Or in the case of Open World players who do play those maps yet still suffer the grace of RNG; a guaranteed means of obtaining those materials.

At the end of the day, if you only restrict yourself to a tiny niche of 1 mode of a massive game, then to get the rewards you desire, it will mean venturing outside of the comfort zone….

Is it fair I can’t get those without doing something different? Yes, yes it is.

So you’re telling me it’s ok for PvP and WvW to remain in PvP and WvW, their comfort zone, and receive rewards from dungeons and the season 3 maps, but it’s not ok for an open world player to receive dungeon rewards or dungeon runners to receive season 3 materials because they should step out of their comfort zones? Does that really seem fair? So two game modes can remain in their comfort zone and reap the reward from PvE content while PvE players actually have to go around and play the content they possibly don’t want to while also not being able to gain anything from WvW or PvP as well? Does that really sound fair to you? Because it sounds wrong to me.

Either remove Season 3 and dungeon rewards from WvW and PvP, which the damage is already done, so I don’t see that happening, or allow for PvE players to work on the same things in their desired game modes. Not a copy paste of the tracks they have, as the loot we need in PvE come from our active playing. It’s the end reward that I’m mostly looking at. Incremental rewards aren’t needed for the PvE track, just the final big reward of dungeon set pieces or the map materials. That is all.

Vyriis.6258

Those are literally your openings for your first 4-5 posts and you are conveniently accusing others of not having properly read your original post with the last one you actually calling some one else narrow minded. A nice way to create superiority and dissmiss different opinions. That’s giving attitude.

There is ofcorse a 2nd possibility to this if you have to repeate the question if people have read the original post: maybe you were unclear in which case again the fault lies with you and not people responding to your thread. Or as I said, thye might just disagree.

You could have just as easily started any of your replies with:

- I disagree and have pointed out in my original idea …
- no that is not what I was talking about…
- I get what you are saying, I still think that…

That’s how you create engaging conversation.

I read your tl;dr and I’m telling you why I think PvE doesn’t need it

So forgive me if I’m just assuming people only read the tl:dr, as most people will read the title, have their opinion that a certain thing should not happen, read the tl:dr, assume that what’s being asked is something outlandish, then dismiss it.

I say again, I’m not giving attitude. I have no issue with what others have to say. I’m a bit crass when it comes to responding to people who probably only read the tl:dr without giving proper thought to what the bulk of my post is saying, however. I’m not saying people can’t think what they want. And to those that heave read the post and still disagreed I will continue arguing my point.

And now that you’ve gotten that out of your system do you mind halting your attacks and be constructive to the topic?

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Well, it had to come. Someone just had to be enough of a sassy crybaby to ask for that…
PvE gets you a kittenload of rewards already, this level of greed is astonishing.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Ressurected.6312

Ressurected.6312

I agree, but first you’d need to nerf the drop of ascended chests and/or pure gold you get in fractals (not dramatically, but nerf it). As for raids it would be more interesting, since raids have not so good rewards in general if you compare the level of difficulty.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

You’re right, there are only three game modes. So why cut one out when it comes to reward tracks?

Because reward tracks are there specifically to boost sPvP and WvW “toward” the same wealth accumulation as PvE. It just doesn’t do enough to even come close to the gold conversion rate of even casual event trains.

Fractals and Raids have the highest gold conversion rate in the game by a wide margin. Even a T2 run for fractal dailies nets at least 5 gold for less then an hour of work. But in WvW, it takes around an hour to get a rank; and that only yields 75s and maybe an exotic worth 1g if you’re lucky. If the zergs are actually fighting each other consistently, you can get maybe 2 ranks an hour. Under these conditions, it actually COSTS more in siege and consumables then you’d normally make playing WvW; and was intended to have this cost shared across the participants (which not nearly enough donate). With sPvP, the earn rate is also really low, but at least it doesn’t have operating costs.

But sPvP had the Tournament rewards, which gave a huge boost to income if you could play a lot during the season window. You have no idea how huge a boon it was when they copied that over to WvW with Skirmish rewards….. for the first time, WvW had a reasonable way to get “functional” things like gear with desired stats, covering the cost of expenses, and stuff that was previously only available through Crafting and Farming map metas.

And even with that sharp increase in rewards…. is STILL less then what Fractal and Raid farming puts out, and with far less consistency due to the nature of server match ups.

So I’m sure PvE is really suffering from this terrible loss by not being able to put in twice the amount of time needed to get the same reward, and making less gold on the side.