Open all bags on lower level char?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pontifico.8461

pontifico.8461

In order to get lower tier cloth/leather/ore many of us have a lvl 53 character that we use to open bags from SW to salvage.
Are there any types of bags that are NOT recommended to be opened by a lower level character for any reason because opening them on an 80 would be more beneficial? Thanks.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

The wiki has listed what is what bag …. I get all levels of clothe, leather and ores from bags and every char I have is level 80. It all depends on what level of bag I am opening.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Well, Bag of Rare Gear obviously. An 80 rare is better than a 50 rare because ecto.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In order to get lower tier cloth/leather/ore many of us have a lvl 53 character that we use to open bags from SW to salvage.
Are there any types of bags that are NOT recommended to be opened by a lower level character for any reason because opening them on an 80 would be more beneficial? Thanks.

There are other reasons for opening bags on an L80:

• Bloodstone Dust — not an issue for some; a big issue for others.
  • Greater chance of exotics — named exotics specific to a bag still drop for lowbie toons, but random exotics (including precursors) do not. Usually not important unless you are opening 1,000s of bags.
  • Chance of ascended — the chance of this happening is very low, so I’m not sure it’s a good-enough reason to open bags on an L80 (and I’m not 100% sure if it’s possible to drop for lowbie toons, but I imagine it’s like exotics).
  • Guaranteed rare or better bags — these you should always open on an L80 (because of the value of the contents has a minimum affected by the price of ecto).

In addition, L53 isn’t always the best choice, depending on the price of mats and what you need. If your goal is crafting, you might want to mix them up. Important ‘breakpoints’ are: 20, 30, 35, 48, 53 (also 18, 33, 45 if you want to get technical) — these are the character levels at which the gear you get salvages to different tiers (depending on armor or weapon type).

If your goal is selling the items, then use this tool:
https://silverwastes.loltools.net/

It will recommend the character level at which you should open bags in order to maximize the value if you salvage and sell all of the mats immediately.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”