Open pvp servers?

Open pvp servers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faolchu.1629

Faolchu.1629

I couldn’t find if this was already discussed but what are peoples thoughts of say 3-6 open pvp servers? WvWvW would still function the same however. Have to set aside your differences for the good of the world

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

The game wasn’t coded for it. So it’s not gonna happen. You want PVP… it’s in sPVP and WvWvW. That’s it. Heck you can’t even duel anyone… you figure out how to smack the guy next to you, get back to us on the 3-6 open PVP servers.

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: stormstrike.9147

stormstrike.9147

Open PvP how? I didn’t know we had more than one faction.

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

He means wide open like Age of Conan or Ultima Online.

I don’t see how that works in a game where the entire design is around open cooperation between players (for example, DEs — woould have to be removed from a open PvP server, and there goes your core content).

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Nah, we’re still at war with those Charr scumbags. For Ascalon!

Seriously, though, I don’t see how open PvP worlds would work. It just doesn’t make sense in this game’s setting.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

Anet have already stated that they wouldn’t have pvp servers. As far as they’re concerrned, WvW is open PvP. They’ve gone to a lot of effort to remove opportunities for griefing, and put in a lot of things to promote co-operative play and a good server community.

Doesn’t leave any room for open world pvp, I’m afraid.

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: stormstrike.9147

stormstrike.9147

Anet have already stated that they wouldn’t have pvp servers. As far as they’re concerrned, WvW is open PvP. They’ve gone to a lot of effort to remove opportunities for griefing, and put in a lot of things to promote co-operative play and a good server community.

Doesn’t leave any room for open world pvp, I’m afraid.

One main problem with the PvP in the previous game was the snobbatude of some players. They’d get mad if you bring a level 20 you took time to level and learn to play well. Yet they didn’t care if you bring a toon you created two seconds before playing and never had time learning how to play it. I’m glad they did away with that PvP-only concept that was great idea but once the human factor entered it, made it useless.

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

We have wvwvw for that. Open Pvp is what makes a community horrible,imo.

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Open PvP community? Check out TERA for what that play style does to a community. I sincerely hope they never go that route here.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Arenanets policy is that PvP will always be a side game and should not affect the PvE game in any way. Gw1 managed fine and still does. Theres no reason at all for “pvp servers” in gw2, unless you are really that kind of player who needs someone to stroke your ego, or simply because you want to gank those lower levelled or lower geared than yourself.

(edited by Renegadeimp.8439)

Open pvp servers?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the game has enough opportunity for pvp, please no gankdrama on the pve maps (no, I am not a “carebear”, my other game is Eve).