Open world feels empty

Open world feels empty

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

Except for starting areas open world feels awfully empty. I love running around, doing events and simply enjoying graphics but why do I solo most events? (yes, i shout on map about events). Everybody sits in dungeons because that’s the only rewarding thing to do in the game (not that the rewards are so great. i wouldn’t be suprised if i started getting whites from chests ;] ). I would really like the devs to consider making open world activities more rewarding. I like running around maps but if I want to get/buy something in game i have to go dungeons. I was supposed to be able to play the way i want, wasn’t I?

Open world feels empty

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

I saw it. I just don’t believe people will suddenly rush for open world when most things they want still costs gold. World bosses drop junk. Trash mobs dropp better! So why spend time killing a champ? Satisfaction is one thing but some reward seems apropiate, doesn’t it? Events? In lvl 80 area an event gets you 1,8s? You spend more waypointing there. And so on. ;]

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Mt favorite places to be in GW2 are the starting areas. Just yesterday, I talked to a truckload of people and played with them. It has been the same since release. And this is in Borlis Pass.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Feels because it is. There isn’t very many people playing the game – and those that are are standing in Lion’s Arch playing in dungeons only.

This is not a good MMO.

Open world feels empty

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

it’s rather simple, no-one who’s level 80 has any reason to play in low level areas because you cannot get T5-6 mats in low level areas, the drops give you way less gold and if you would get a gold item, it wouldn’t give you an ecto.

GW1 on the other hand, every single part of the map was end-game content. Becuase you reached max level so early in the map. everything after that is end-game content. But in gw2 you get level 80 in the last 3 zones, and those are end-game and that’s where you’ll find people, mostly. (GW2 – 3 zones end-game,, GW1 – 100 zones end-game)

Open world feels empty

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

^

True. Wish they could spread out more mats, or require low level mats on high level crafts.

Mt favorite places to be in GW2 are the starting areas. Just yesterday, I talked to a truckload of people and played with them. It has been the same since release. And this is in Borlis Pass.

O_O

Where is this in Borlis Pass? I’ve seen 1-3 persons on Human starting areas, 0 on Asura, Char, Sylvari and another 1-2 on Norn.

Must be because of timezone differences. I play when most Westerners are asleep/going to sleep.

:p

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

^

True. Wish they could spread out more mats, or require low level mats on high level crafts.

O_O

Where is this in Borlis Pass? I’ve seen 1-3 persons on Human starting areas, 0 on Asura, Char, Sylvari and another 1-2 on Norn.

Must be because of timezone differences. I play when most Westerners are asleep/going to sleep.

:p

I’m in the middle east atm and I have seen plenty of people in Queensdale, and I have in fact, played with them in random events, including the Behemoth Which is awesome. Afterwards, we went on doing other random things such as going naked while dancing, talking and the like. Anyways, going back to the topic, Yea, I agree, it must be a big timezone difference. If it’s not a big timezone difference then it I am not sure why it appears empty to some.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Open world feels empty

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I love the open world, more so than dungeons…..I think that everything PvE related could have been incorporated into the open world somehow, not instanced dungeons that further separate the playerbase.

I honestly think no more dungeons….ANet make the open world what you intended it to be, alive and flourishing. (I am likely saying this because I personally don’t like dungeons). My first love in this game is partaking in the open world alongside fellow players. When it happens, I love it, but it’s getting quieter and quieter out there, and it is ANet’s fault, as much as I love them.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Open world feels empty

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

What´s really missing from this blog is the announcement of the “Underflow Server” for empty maps.

80ies still won´t dabble much in low level maps for the already mentioned gold-sink reasons.
Yet another token cluttering up your bank won´t change a bit about it.
And neither will some new event-chains.

See them once, seen it last. Back to Fractals.

Polish > hype

Open world feels empty

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

What´s really missing from this blog is the announcement of the “Underflow Server” for empty maps.

80ies still won´t dabble much in low level maps for the already mentioned gold-sink reasons.
Yet another token cluttering up your bank won´t change a bit about it.
And neither will some new event-chains.

See them once, seen it last. Back to Fractals.

Underflow sounds like a good idea, personally i like doing some world exploring and leveling alts, beside of doing dungeons, wvwvw, fractals, leveling crafting, getting achievements, ect, ect, ect,……….

And I actually meet up with people when I’m in low level maps, nice thing is most people do not realize I’m a level 80 when I’m busy with exploration, witch in my opinion actually makes it easier to hook up with random people. Since most people tend to think if they know someone is a max level in a low level area this person is not up for some social playing.

An underflow map, would actually makes it possible to meet up with more people, however I think if you are in a underflow you should have the possibility to actually go to your own server or to join each other in the underflow like you can do with the overflow. I only see one problem in it. If you have enough people of one server in the underflow, will they just be forced out? But looking to it form the other side of the coin it also would be a good option to play together with people of other servers without using the guesting function.

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

I’ve found that servers can make a difference to the experience. I’ve just done my first world completion, and at around the 90% mark I swapped servers. On the original server, there was no one in the open world aside from in Queensdale, but in the one I swapped to there were people in all areas. People! Real people! Real people offering to help!
But yes, the focus for endgame is dungeons and LA. I don’t like dungeons, or more accurately, I’ve yet to find a group to take me through as I’ve never completed one before (but I have been in one in a group). There’s a big experience rift and not many people want to bridge the gap :/. Cool armour? Dungeon. Legendary weapon? All require dungeons. Make a dungeon free one for pve’ers!

Maybe random T6 nodes appearing in the low level areas for whatever reason. The orders have done an archaeological dig and revealed a vein that has a mix of ori and mithril or something like that.

Open world feels empty

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

If you have enough people of one server in the underflow, will they just be forced out? But looking to it form the other side of the coin it also would be a good option to play together with people of other servers without using the guesting function.

The guesting feature is IMHO a cop out from implementing the Overflow Server mechanic.
The idea isn´t that trivial to implement for reasons you just mentioned and it basically negates ANet´s design decision of forcing us arbitrarily into servers.

The server divide is forced upon us because of ANet´s hard headed idea of creating a “server loyalty” solely for WovWovWub purposes.

Something I and lots of other people could care less for, but we have to suffer the consequences.
Or rather ANet has to with barely stable log in numbers, or only slightly rising where they could surely climb much higher.

As for the low-level mats problem, that could be remedied with some creative new mystic forge recipes to transmute them to high level mats.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Open world feels empty

Posted by: Dasmordo.9654

Dasmordo.9654

Gonna try reviving this. This has been eating at me and I’ve been leveling my warrior and it has been the a boring trying to get him to 80, because all the zones are empty. So much for a “Living World.” There are never people around for events or someone to fight along side with and on top of that a dead map chat in the open world. Which is why the starter zones are by far the most fun right now, because they are populated…and after that things go down hill. It would be nice if they did something about it. Perhaps like do some kind of system where a group of every 7 servers of people trying to quest in Fireheart Rise would put all the players to fill an unpopulated specific cross server zone of Fireheart Rise to populate it. Would be a start to making it less empty. The current state of it just makes the game seem dead pretty much after the starter zone and the zones afterwards. (and yes I know its not dead just feels that way.) It would be nice to see something done. Guesting isn’t good enough.

(edited by Dasmordo.9654)

Open world feels empty

Posted by: cadel.3284

cadel.3284

ya it does feel empty i have to solo events, die alot ..walk all the way back lol they way of the noobs, makes me sad though i remember the old days when it was full of people now im even afraid to ask if i can join a guild since everyone is level 80 and yes “my world is highly populated” or so it says