Opinion: Feeling less like an MMORPG

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Subby.2583

Subby.2583

I have leveled a Ranger up to 80 but decided to roll a new character, an Elementalist. I am having a lot more fun with this profession and so my aim to get to 80 and make him my main character.

I recently hit level 38 and going through all the heart quests etc. But by each passing day I feel as though the MMO aspect of this game is fizzling out. Rarely do I get a chance to do these dynamic events with actual real life players. For the majority I do all events by myself and I have to leave the [group events] well alone as no one will come help with them on the map. I understand people want to level up to 80 as quick as possible now but levels 1-79 are pretty much a single player game.

The only time I ever ‘play’ with other players is in a small 5 man dungeon. Now to me that is not an MMO.

Is it a case of there are too little players on servers to fill up the maps?
or
Are the dynamic events just not worth it when you could be grinding through all those heart quests?

Leveling through 1-80 is getting very stale as after 30 there isn’t much change in my character. Yes I get traits and extra skills. But for the most part, I have chosen the best skills for PvE already. There is no need to alternate.

Loot is very boring also. There is certainly no item I have got below level 80 which has made me step back and go “Wow” and make me feel like a kitten. I can simply go to the Auction House and by my levels gear which is as cheap as chips.

I’d like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

Zones other than max level are rarely populated in any MMO. That being said, I went to Queensdale a few days back and did the wasp queen 3 times. There was 30+ people each time.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

they have failed to deliver a convincing, replayable open world. end of story. i didnt buy this game to grind dungeons, so i certainly havent been participating in FOTM, which is where everyone is.

having looked forward to Tyria’s dynamic events and the open world, i was terribly disappointed by GW2’s PVE. i havent touched PVE in over a month, and i havent even killed Zaitan (my main is sitting outside of Arah) because i just dont care. ive been doing just spvp and WvW, which are great, but i have no reason to run PVE content. the open world has nothing for us.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

It’s still an MMO. By definition it is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG. There are folks who hang out together RPing. Folks who join zergs in WvW. Folks who party up for dungeons and fractals. Folks who duke it out in sPvP. It is massive.

But I understand what you meant. I would love to see the open world more populated. There should be more incentive to populate an area. On top of my head, one incentive is to tie in special armor skins in an area where mobs would drop a specific token for it.

For now, the only thing that would make me wander around other areas are jumping puzzles and special events like the upcoming Wintersday.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Have you tried moving to one of the fuller servers? Perhaps joining a guild?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Unfortunately due to the last update a lot of population congregates in LA because of Fractal dungeon. Dont forget that outside that dungeon Anet nerfed the loot drops to the ground so open world events ect reward next to nothing for the time spent.

Also there is no incentive to go back and be apart of the world unless doing exploration or helping a guildy.
So you end up with a stale reward free journey to 80.
Hopefully Anet will remedy this issue but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

as with every mmo

if there is no reason or profit from going to a zone no 1 bothers.

starter zpmes for popular races (humans asura) will always be busy.

the only events that gets ppl going to lower zones is the dragons thanks to chests dropping precursers now.

so get used to it. the high pop zones will have people in aprt from lsot shores, that place is a nightmare to go alone esp when u get 1 veteran karka +2 normal chase you.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i still cant believe how hard Lost Shores flopped. i dont think anyone goes there any more. they should just delete the zone.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

they have failed to deliver a convincing, replayable open world. end of story. i didnt buy this game to grind dungeons, so i certainly havent been participating in FOTM, which is where everyone is.

My experience has been similar and dissimilar. I often see people in the open world. I also find open world events more appealing than dungeons, because they are less about following scripts, which gets boring.

I agree that the “The whole game is endgame!” hype was not optimally implemented. However, recent changes have made rewards scale better. Now, if they can find and correct the issues with down-scaling…

Subby.2583

I do like dungeons, but I don’t care for grinding dungeons all day long for tokens. I initially played this game to experience the open free world and tag along with people to complete these ‘huge’ dynamic events.

Sadly this game has become a dungeon brawler (apart from the PvP aspect). I was crazy about this game before because they had hyped up how great the world was and how good dynamic events were. But to me, they are not hard enough and people just skip past them.

I want to see a world that is destroyed, unless people help out the towns folk etc. I want to be able to take back areas of the world map that hordes of mobs have taken over.

Posted by: America.9437

America.9437

Well, we’re finding out that their goal to make the entire world of Tyria the “endgame” has failed.

In my opinion, they should have made the rewards for players scale with level. So going back to the starter zones would reward players with higher levels. I would have designed it so that starter zones reward more karma, less loot and less gold. The mid zones reward less karma, more loot and less gold. The high zones reward less karma, less loot and more gold. Then instead of adding dungeons, i would have added a series of events, split into phases, that begin in the starter zones, progress through the midzones and finish in the high level zones. Finishing each phase gives you more of a reward, and reset when you finish the series. This would cycle players through all areas of the world.

They’ve chosen, probably because of player demand, to corral everyone into L80 instances, splitting the player base. So yeah, they failed. But, the players are partially to blame for not demanding that Anet make the world the endgame and Anet is partially to blame for not properly rewarding higher level players.

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

as with every mmo

if there is no reason or profit from going to a zone no 1 bothers.

starter zpmes for popular races (humans asura) will always be busy.

the only events that gets ppl going to lower zones is the dragons thanks to chests dropping precursers now.

so get used to it. the high pop zones will have people in aprt from lsot shores, that place is a nightmare to go alone esp when u get 1 veteran karka +2 normal chase you.

Well it’s good to see that the human and asura zones are the only ones viable to play in unless you just want to play with yourself. But this is something to be expected from ANet...

Mors janua vitæ

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

I do like dungeons, but I don’t care for grinding dungeons all day long for tokens. I initially played this game to experience the open free world and tag along with people to complete these ’huge’ dynamic events.

Sadly this game has become a dungeon brawler (apart from the PvP aspect). I was crazy about this game before because they had hyped up how great the world was and how good dynamic events were. But to me, they are not hard enough and people just skip past them.

I want to see a world that is destroyed, unless people help out the towns folk etc. I want to be able to take back areas of the world map that hordes of mobs have taken over.

Oh that would be rift. Invastions can happen that kill the npc’s and you have to kill them to get the npc’s to respawn. Lots of fun, the devs care about the playerbase and are not greedy slimeballs like here. You should go and check it out.

Mors janua vitæ

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

I do like dungeons, but I don’t care for grinding dungeons all day long for tokens. I initially played this game to experience the open free world and tag along with people to complete these ‘huge’ dynamic events.

Agreed on all points.
I try to do dynamic events chains as I go through maps, even if there’s no one around, but oftentimes it just ends up feeling slightly bothersome.
1. Because what you do doesn’t actually make a difference (ie: finish a quest chain that takes over a centaur camp; fight boss for 20min; win, camp is in human possession; 1min later, centaurs magically phase into the camp)
2. If someone runs by, and pauses in an event I’m doing for some seconds, then runs off, I am fighting a mob meant for 2, not 1. Sometimes that makes it more frustrating than fun/challenging, especially when you’re playing Russian Roulette with the NPCs – some will up you, and some will not. You never know.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Have you tried moving to one of the fuller servers? Perhaps joining a guild?

This doesn’t really work because the definition of a full server appears to be the number of accounts on that server with somekind of realtime load modifier.

Also, while Guildies will often help for a particular skill quest, it isn’t usually practical or fun for them to join in while leveling an alt. Often everyone is already level 80 and doing Orr, WvW or dungeons.

I really enjoyed how full of life GW2 was in the first few weeks. Even with bugs and lack of TP it was more fun than the deserted DEs now.

Anyone coming in to the game later is getting a less amazing experience IMHO.

I have mentioned a solution several times in suggestions. Create underflow servers where underpopulated zones are temporarily merged. They could probably use the same code they use to teleport people to overflow servers but make the flag underpopulation and give players and option to join the underflow server.

I do hope Anet considers this as it would bring life backinto the lower level zones without requiring massive gameplay redesign.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Every level bracket has at least 2-3 zones to level in, this is the main reason for this. Many people also level strictly in WvW.

America.9437

And the mmorpg solution for the last decade has been to make it easier to get to L80. Because that’s where the real game begins.

Subby.2583

L80 to me is just a grind fest of dungeons. If I wanted to always play with 5 people, I would have played Diablo3

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I agree, that they need to do a MAJOR content/goal overhaul in the open world. They have an amazing gmae world no one plays in because it’s not “end-game” oriented. they need to find a way to get players back into the world & playing the content instead of doing dungeons..

Posted by: tomshreds.1745

tomshreds.1745

It’s sad but, I must agree with you. I’m now level 35 and I never cross anyone. In comparison to when the game released, there was so much people in every zone! Zone events were the funniest thing I had played in MMOs for a long time. But now it’s not the same doing them alone.

America.9437

I agree, that they need to do a MAJOR content/goal overhaul in the open world. They have an amazing gmae world no one plays in because it’s not “end-game” oriented. they need to find a way to get players back into the world & playing the content instead of doing dungeons..

It begs the question, why even design a huge game world if no one ever populates it? When I left World of Warcraft it had degenerated into a lobby game. You would queue up to login to the game, just to queue up to log into an instance. But it took that game years to get to that state. It’s taken this game months.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Agree with many of the sentiments expressed in this post

Rewards are too uniform in terms of xp/karma/coin relative to the level of event. Defending the gates of Arah is a 14 minute timer quest that gives you the exact rewards as a 2 minute timer shelter defense; the real difference being generally shelter has more zerg mobs so more chances for drops. Similarly, why go backwards and do events when they give less xp/karma/coin (other than maybe nostalgia or for a chest which has a potential for a precusor drop)?

The other caveat is lack of consequence…. aside from a wp being contested and maybe NPCs aren’t in the area (because it’s enemy occupied), is there really consequences to doing/not doing stuff? Like what does Claw of Jormag not getting killed do for the rest of Forstgorge or even that all the snowy Norn areas? Not much. Even if you kill him, good job, see you in 3 hours…. huh?

Yes, the events are dynamic, but not really to the point of them having real consequences on the world as much as providing minor annoyances/rewards within their respective zones… and because of this in tandem with the other points mentioned (and possibly the wp costs), there’s not a lot of reason/purpose/incentive for folks to go around and do a variety of things.

(edited by Bruno Sardine.2907)

Posted by: Somiii.5071

Somiii.5071

This is the same thing for every MMO but i think the areas are still more visited then other mmo’s i still see random people in low level area’s.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I have leveled a Ranger up to 80 but decided to roll a new character, an Elementalist. I am having a lot more fun with this profession and so my aim to get to 80 and make him my main character.

I recently hit level 38 and going through all the heart quests etc. But by each passing day I feel as though the MMO aspect of this game is fizzling out. Rarely do I get a chance to do these dynamic events with actual real life players. For the majority I do all events by myself and I have to leave the [group events] well alone as no one will come help with them on the map. I understand people want to level up to 80 as quick as possible now but levels 1-79 are pretty much a single player game.

The only time I ever ‘play’ with other players is in a small 5 man dungeon. Now to me that is not an MMO.

Is it a case of there are too little players on servers to fill up the maps?
or
Are the dynamic events just not worth it when you could be grinding through all those heart quests?

Leveling through 1-80 is getting very stale as after 30 there isn’t much change in my character. Yes I get traits and extra skills. But for the most part, I have chosen the best skills for PvE already. There is no need to alternate.

Loot is very boring also. There is certainly no item I have got below level 80 which has made me step back and go “Wow” and make me feel like a kitten. I can simply go to the Auction House and by my levels gear which is as cheap as chips.

I’d like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Many people probably are like me, refusing to log back in until they fix the glaring class issues and fix the loot parameters.

with things like DR, 0.0000002% drop rates, broken magic find it’s just not worth it to waste our time.

And then there’s the other side of the coin where they made dungeons the focus instead of the open world. Kinda completely 180’d their own manifesto on that one.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

And the mmorpg solution for the last decade has been to make it easier to get to L80. Because that’s where the real game begins.

BAAHAHAHAHAH! You’re joking right?

Waitwut, did I just get trolled?

Well what he said is basically true for the majority of the mmos. Most of them are bimodal in nature and the leveling is just transitory. For me, the “end game” is where I almost always quit an mmo because it just isn’t fun for me.

Subby.2583

Yes I find it VERY strange how they decided to make end game a lot about dungeons. They are very boring I must say. WoW did have better dungeons due to loot.

Whenever I do a dungeon I know exactly what I’m going in for and what I will come out with. BORING.

America.9437

BAAHAHAHAHAH! You’re joking right?

Waitwut, did I just get trolled?

At L80, you have all your traits unlocked, you probably have all your skills and weapons, (aka spells), unlocked, and you’re free to grind for gear to complement your build. You’re free to grind for gear to complement your build. That’s pretty much all you do to progress your character. At any time, you could skip that progression and go into WvWvW, but your character will always be subpar when competing against an equally skilled player or group. Over time, the gap between those that have progressed to a certain power level, is so large that it is in Anet’s best interest to make the process for incoming players faster. I stand by what I said, the game begins at L80. When Anet bumps this to L90 or L100, those that remain will power level via the zerg and spend the majority of the time at that level.

NinjaKnight.1340

I get the feeling they are either being pressured by the company that owns Anet who have the old grind philosophy of making money. Or the Anet is really losing sight of what made the game amazing at launch.

It has so much content at lower levels which I could play over and over again but the zones are deserted. 80% of the fun is playing with a huge group of random strangers and friends which GW2’s mechanics encourages. Now I’m lucky to find one or 2 other players when wandering around.

This is going to kill the beauty of the experience for new players, which means they will leave and tell their friends not to bother. A vicious cycle.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Just go to the Lowland Burns waypoint in blazridge or Splintered Coast waypoint in Sparkfly at the right time and you’ll see plenty of people in lower level zones lol

NinjaKnight.1340

Just go to the Lowland Burns waypoint in blazridge or Splintered Coast waypoint in Sparkfly at the right time and you’ll see plenty of people in lower level zones lol

There are usually a few places which have players at certain times. NorthEast area for Harathi Hinterlands for example is not bad because of the chest the DE event gives. But everything in between is deserted.

But the point is that the entire world should feel somewhat populated. It just needs dynamic server zone balancing. Of all the MMOs out there GW2 is most suited for this mechanic since we have a cross server economy and the built-in ability to flow from one server to the next depending on load.

Posted by: enlil.3849

enlil.3849

I think GW2’s events would have benefited a lot from adopting the PQ system of Warhammer Online, if anybody’s familiar. I really liked the list of player contribution being ranked and subsequently rewarded with items based on how much they contributed to the fight.

As people have said before, with a lot of events giving only the same karma/gold/exp reward (and a few of them spawning chests, obviously) there’s not much incentive to do them. Introducing more unique loot-based rewards, even for smaller events, would be great.

And even though this is only tangentially related, it’d be cool if when doing events with large groups of players you’d sort of get the SPvP-style health bars showing on the left side of your screen for other players in close vicinity as impromptu parties so there would be a distinction between parties and dynamically formed groups that are so touted.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

@OP

Oh you are refering to population not actually MMORPG just the first two words.

Your title is misleading

A MMORPG is a virtual world where people can interact as well as use and make items in said world

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I find that if I don’t talk to anyone in map chat, no one will talk back or do events with me.

However, I find that if I goof around in map chat and ping the closest WP for any event I’m doing, the game gets much more lively.

The thing is that you don’t HAVE to work with other people, so most people don’t. However, if you WANT to work with other people, just make the effort.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

sadly, that is impossible with the direction this game decided to move towards.

Posted by: Nero.4706

Nero.4706

the problem with this game, in my opinion, is that GW2 tries too hard to break away from the normal MMO tradition…

in end-game all u do is either wvw,pvp,fractals, or grind for legendary precursor. this could still be fun but the biggest aspect if it all is….its just unrewarding… therefore, ppl start to get bored of it.

in saying all that, we’ve to keep in mind its a young game. prehaps if we give it some time to grow, it might turn out differently?

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

the problem with this game, in my opinion, is that GW2 tries too hard to break away from the normal MMO tradition…

in end-game all u do is either wvw,pvp,fractals, or grind for legendary precursor. this could still be fun but the biggest aspect if it all is….its just unrewarding… therefore, ppl start to get bored of it.

in saying all that, we’ve to keep in mind its a young game. prehaps if we give it some time to grow, it might turn out differently?

Hmm there is also going to all other areas of the Tyria &huntsville doing those DEs. Those the reason our levels reduce

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Zia.9251

Zia.9251

Well in Caledon yesterday and today there were players asking if others wanted to level together (I asked to join in btw). So I’m not seeing this loneliness.

Posted by: Yuki Tanuki.7563

Yuki Tanuki.7563

You’re clearly not playing on the right server. I just reached level 80 with my Sylvari Ranger and with almost every quest did and dynamic event I participated in there were other people around, either passing by on their own adventures or joining in with the fun. I love this game! I think it’s by far one of the best MMORPG’s to come along in a long, long time. And this is mostly because of the emphasis on teamwork. So I don’t know what you’re talking about. It sounds like you’re on a very low population world. Switch to Yak’s Bend or Northern Shiverpeaks and make a new character. Perhaps that will change your mind.

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Yeah, you’re not alone who feel like this.
There were many topics like this. Many have expressed the same view so it’s the truth.

Some people mistaken mmorpg to be just role-playing with massive people.
Mmorpg has a world within it.

MMO = Massive multi players (does not need to have a “world”).
RPG = A world set with characters that make stories.
MMORPG = A world where massive players make memories with each other through human nature and behaviours.

The difference,

Console pc/xbox/ps3 RPG = Players create memories with npc. The story fold between the character you’re role-playing and the npc world set for you.

MMORPG = Players create memories with other players and npc. You have your own story with the NPCs but the first priority is the story between you and other players in the same world. It’s an fantasy virtual world that reflects the real life. The game structure needs to accustom with human nature and behaviour psychology.

There are reasons that explains players fast burn outs.
This game feels like console pc/xbox/ps3 rpg just with multi-player option.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

MMORPG nowadays IS going for the largest city and spamming “LFGrind”, so GW2 is an MMO, fact.

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

It’s the perfect game for me, as I love MMo mechanics, and the open worlds they contain, but I generally hate people, and their dickishness. Guild Wars gave me the perfect experience, allowing me to bring my heroes with me and enjoy the game, without the players.

If GW2 ever gets heroes, it will hit on perfect. I like to do small things with friends and guildies, but could not give a toss about the rest of the faceless masses out there. I like games that don’t force me to have to do everything with other people, as the general public suck.

It isn’t an MMo anyways, it’s a multiplayer solo game.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Yep, the systems did not come together well and it’s more of as pointless grind than a ‘living breathing world’ – without progression or large group organized PvP, the game is very shallow and of no longevity.

Zeldain.5710

And that is precisely the failure.

Posted by: Lymangood.3679

Lymangood.3679

I mean whats the point of having group events that last more then 10 minutes and than drop blues and greens. These events did well when the game first came out because no one knew what a waste of time they were yet, but now everyone knows not to bother because there is no point. Champions do not drop good loot now contrary to what anet says.

I really feel sorry for the dev team that worked on open world events because anet seems to have tied their hands and I’m sure a lot of work went into all of that stuff.

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

A MMORPG is a virtual world where people can interact as well as use and make items in said world

Can interact but do not due to not being necessary to complete anything.

A well designed MMORPG will provides advantages to those that interact because if we all join guilds and socially interact it enhances the game.

I have seen more interaction in FPS games.

Bastion.2457

What failure? I don’t want to play with random buttheads, just friends and guildies, so ill take my MMo world, and my single player mechanics and have fun.

Why should the whole game be gated by FORCING playing with others? Many people love MMo’s but hate MMo players (because lets face it in general the vocal ones are vile and nasty little snots). What failure is it where a game is a smash hit, loved by millions, and appeals to me perfectly? The way it works now, it allows me to play with others when I choose to, not when the game tells me I have to. If I want to go it alone, I can, if I want to go out with friends, I can do that too, and if I want to join randoms, yup, can do that aswell.

One of the things I loved about Skyrim was it’s MMo feel, in a single player environment. The only thing that game could have done better was allowing me to bring friends into my world with me, not MMo, just Left 4 Dead type gaming, a few friends, exploring and playing together, without the hassle of dealing with the unwashed masses.

I think what you meant to type is “This game is not Vanilla WoW, the one I think I remember based on what a few people said it was like on a forum I read once”.

I already live in a world filled with buttholes and vile people, I don’t want to purchase something that allows me to do the same in my spare time.

(edited by Bastion.2457)

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

What failure? I don’t want to play with random buttheads, just friends and guildies, so ill take my MMo world, and my single player mechanics and have fun.

Why should the whole game be gated by playing with others? Many people love MMo’s but hate MMo players (because lets face it in general the vocal ones are vile and nasty little snots). What failure is it where a game is a smash hit, loved by millions, and appeals to me perfectly?

One of the things I loved about Skyrim was it’s MMo feel, in a single player environment. The only thing that game could have done better was allowing me to bring friends into my world with me, not MMo, just Left 4 Dead type gaming, a few friends, exploring and playing together, without the hassle of dealing with the unwashed masses.

I think what you meant to type is “This game is not Vanilla WoW, the one I think I remember based on what a few people said it was like on a forum I read once”.

I already live in a world filled with buttholes and vile people, I don’t want to purchase something that allows me to do the same in my spare time.

I think you’ve just accurately captured what has charmed me about this game more than any other.

Fact of the matter is, I love MMOs but I hate people. Now I have a game that lets me play mostly by myself, and the people I do run into aren’t competing to see how long it takes to tick me off.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Zeldain.5710

Why should the whole game be gated by FORCING playing with others? Many people love MMo’s but hate MMo players (because lets face it in general the vocal ones are vile and nasty little snots). What failure is it where a game is a smash hit, loved by millions, and appeals to me perfectly? The way it works now, it allows me to play with others when I choose to, not when the game tells me I have to. If I want to go it alone, I can, if I want to go out with friends, I can do that too, and if I want to join randoms, yup, can do that aswell.

What failure? They set out to build the best MMO in the world and instead they produced a game that promotes ant-social behavior and eschews player interaction. In other words, it’s that solo game you want. And not the MMO they said (and the rest of the world) want.

That’s why it’s a failure. That niche is not enough to keep it viable and relevant for long.

Zeldain.5710

Why should the whole game be gated by playing with others? Many people love MMo’s but hate MMo players (because lets face it in general the vocal ones are vile and nasty little snots). What failure is it where a game is a smash hit, loved by millions, and appeals to me perfectly?

I think you’ve just accurately captured what has charmed me about this game more than any other.

Fact of the matter is, I love MMOs but I hate people. Now I have a game that lets me play mostly by myself, and the people I do run into aren’t competing to see how long it takes to tick me off.

They you simply don’t like MMOs. Don’t try and force it.

Bastion.2457

They you simply don’t like MMOs. Don’t try and force it.

Don’t try and force what? I love this game, and it gives me everything I want from an MMo and a single player game.

It is you that seems to have incorrect expectations of a game you don’t seem to like.

No issues here