Opinion: Major Question Left Out Of The Survey

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

“Do you believe players should be immensely rewarded for being able to do the one time event?”

I was confused as to why this was not added to the survey. Like many have said. We did not have problems with the one time event being a one time event. We had problems because people were being rewarded some of the hardest to receive items in the game. Some people even received these multiple times. While others who had to work or did not live in the sweet spot time zones missed out and didn’t even get a chance. This was an important question which may result in misleading results, as some may say they don’t like one time events at all because of this.

Posted by: Steely Phil.3952

Steely Phil.3952

That’s true. I voted ‘dislike very much’ for exactly this reason. I actually have no problem with a one time event that rewards those who make it with an extra cut scene or a piece of town clothing. I usually don’t attend, but I don’t feel like I’m being punished for not going. 300g worth of swag is an issue though.

“Yo dawg, we heard you liked grind.” -ANet

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Sorry for being ignorant, but what survey? I have some rustled jimmies I’d like anet to have.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

People are still crying because other guys got better loot… envy sux (my best piece of loot was worth less than 5g but you wont see me crying because other people had better drops).

Posted by: SimianChaos.3219

SimianChaos.3219

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I actually noted that I really liked the fact that the chest provided great rewards, and that they need to make all major world events provide similarly high benefits.

Not a single person here would be complaining about missing this one-time chest if every other major boss in the game were also providing similarly great rewards, and if they had been providing rewards of that caliber since the game’s release. The problem isn’t with this chest, it’s with all of the other chests providing relatively terrible rewards. People were so used to getting garbage in every event chest that when a chest came along with actually GOOD rewards, people cried foul. Fix the other chests and you fix the inequity.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

Agreed. Besides the fact that people missed out on the rewards, I have an issue with RNG based rewards in general. Especially when it comes to these type of events. For example, while some people got multiple precursors, I got 2 rares, the pendant and a bag that everyone else got. That’s just lame.

The whole RNG thing needs to be toned down. Anet seems to be in love with it.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Another question I wish they would of let us elaborate on was:

Did you participate in the one-time-only event, the final battle against the Ancient Karka? (November 18th, 12:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. CET)

Yes or No

They should of had a place to put a reason. It’s hard to just leave that as a yes or no question when many people were disconnected during the event and didn’t get credit, along with all those that couldn’t even log in to do the event due to errors.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

Adding the time zone may have helped, but it would be the same. A chunk would still miss the event.

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

“Do you believe players should be immensely rewarded for being able to do the one time event?”.

This was not a relevant question to me. Players get rewarded for doing special things. Whether you’re in a high end guild with a regular dungeon schedule, or just looking to see the special events, excelling at an MMO means sometimes you have to show up at inconvenient times. And it’s appropriate that if you show up, there should be rewards. The two definining characteristics of an MMO are that it’s persistent and it’s social; both persistence and social imply that it doesn’t run to what might happen to be your ideal schedule. You deliberately asked for that when you chose to play an MMO instead of some other style of game.

Many single player games have great save-state editors where you can dispense yourself whatever rewards you feel you deserve at a time convenient to you. This may be the experience you’re looking for – have you tried them?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

After seeing the survey, yes that was a valid question, OP. Perhaps with the edit of whether or not the rewards are cosmetic.

For me: Cosmetic reward: Ok! Anything else, No! Give the participants a crab-clap-hat.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

“Do you believe players should be immensely rewarded for being able to do the one time event?”.

This was not a relevant question to me. Players get rewarded for doing special things. Whether you’re in a high end guild with a regular dungeon schedule, or just looking to see the special events, excelling at an MMO means sometimes you have to show up at inconvenient times. And it’s appropriate that if you show up, there should be rewards. The two definining characteristics of an MMO are that it’s persistent and it’s social; both persistence and social imply that it doesn’t run to what might happen to be your ideal schedule. You deliberately asked for that when you chose to play an MMO instead of some other style of game.

Many single player games have great save-state editors where you can dispense yourself whatever rewards you feel you deserve at a time convenient to you. This may be the experience you’re looking for – have you tried them?

How exactly did you ‘excel’ by being able to play at a certain time? That’s not excelling, that’s just being lucky that the time was convenient for you. That’s also being lucky that you didn’t get disconnected, and then again lucky that the chest gave you anything useful.

The problem here is not that some people got rare drops and everyone else is jealous. That happens everywhere in the game so it’s nothing new. The problem here is that the chest had a MUCH higher chance of dropping precursors given the way prices just crashed across the TP, and that much higher chance only occurred once.

Elsewhere in the game if you get unlucky you can try again. In this case you couldn’t. Let’s not even get into the issue of the exploiters who were camping the chest with all their alts and then logging in and out on each character to loot it multiple times.

The reward from this event was insanely disproportionate, and the way the TP has crashed as a result is all the proof you need.

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

Agreed. Besides the fact that people missed out on the rewards, I have an issue with RNG based rewards in general. Especially when it comes to these type of events. For example, while some people got multiple precursors, I got 2 rares, the pendant and a bag that everyone else got. That’s just lame.

The whole RNG thing needs to be toned down. Anet seems to be in love with it.

I highly agree on you on this. The RNG business has taken a turn for the worst. I came to GW2 because I like being rewarded for my efforts, as it was in GW1…

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

People are still crying because other guys got better loot… envy sux (my best piece of loot was worth less than 5g but you wont see me crying because other people had better drops).

At least you got the 20 slot bag and the karka shell. We didn’t have it. Hehe. It would have saved us time to farm and golds to spend for it if we’re able to attend the event, but we didn’t because the event happened 4AM Monday our timezone. Gratz btw

If the next one time events will reward us this kind of items, and the chance to get a precursor, I think I will have to stay up late or wake up early just to attend. And if it’s going to be again, 2.5 hours to complete, that would be from 4AM to almost 7:30AM for us. And if it’s on a Sunday PST, that’s Monday for us.

Sooo if the event ends at 7:30AM and we still have work/school coz it’s Monday, uhm.. I dunno what I should do, but I really don’t want to miss the event just to get the rewards because it’ll help me to advance in the game, at least. 20 slots in my inventory and lil increase in my stats. It will definitely save me time to farm and a few silver or golds too.

Edit: I love one time events btw because I think they’re awesome and make this game unique. The only problem I have is the kind of reward they give out in one-time events. I think they shouldn’t give these shinies in one-time events where not everyone will have the equal chance to get it (esp. the chance of getting a precursor).

(edited by Celesica.5790)

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

What you’re saying is currently stupid. While I normally would agree with you, you’re looking past the fact that ANet gave out items of value instead of just cosmetic items. And not even any value, they practically gave out tons of money to a significant amount of LUCKY people.

Look, take AQ gate opening event in WoW. It was the first and most massive one-time event (per-server, okay…) in the history of WoW. What did players get for it? A special mount, which was cosmetic and didn’t give anyone a vast financial gain or power gain.
Another example, take the opening of the Dark Portal when WoW: TBC was released. It was a one time event which only a few players were able to attend. But guess what? No one raged because of that. Why? Because players got a unique tabard and a title which were purely cosmetic!!!

You do not hand out ridiculous amounts of money to a significant amount of players randomly at a one time event! It’s just unthinkably stupid.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

…excelling at an MMO means sometimes you have to show up at inconvenient times.

wtfamireading.jpg

I’m personally okay with missing out on some stuff because my life doesn’t revolve around a game, but this makes no sense… Excelling should mean that you can play at least some of the mechanics of the game well, not merely going NEET for a game…

Posted by: Cernow.3974

Cernow.3974

In your rush for a smug, self-satisfied response you seem to have totally misunderstood the term persistent when it comes to gaming. If the event were persistent then we would all be able to enjoy it at a later date, not just those who were lucky enough to be available at the time. I think the word you are after in this context is transient.

Giving away items of huge worth for one-time events is seriously bad game administration that can only drive a wedge between players. All the time limited events in the game so far have seen a minoroty of lucky players getting rich, everyone else getting very little. It’s a lame way to run a game and personally I’ve little interest in playing a lottery.

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

No offense, but there was no excelling needed at all to do the special 1 time event.

All that was required was to be free to dedicate the 2+ hours (if you were there from the start) or get lucky and get in during the last DE and you got the bag and earring.

I wish the survey had a way to state why anyone did the event.

I did the event on two characters (once fully, and one started during 2nd reinforcements on an overflow). I only persevered through the 1st one once I started hearing about the rewards. The event itself (actually playing through it) was an awful experience.

But I did it twice (well 1.5 times). For the loot.

And the reason were:

1 – I had a chance at a precursor (I didn’t get one)

2 – By doing this not so much fun event I could avoid doing other not so much fun activities (grinding) – presuming I would eventually want a ring and/or bag of equal value.

Getting 2 usable exotics for my characters was a nice bonus, as well the ectos, but the only reason I (and I assume many others) stuck with it was for the guarantee of the bag/earring and the chance at the precursor.

I wish the survey had the ability to make that clear.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

@OP

You do realize the “Other” Category on almost every major question is for exactly that type of thing?

Posted by: Eder.9120

Eder.9120

Edit: I love one time events btw because I think they’re awesome and make this game unique. The only problem I have is the kind of reward they give out in one-time events. I think they shouldn’t give these shinies in one-time events where not everyone will have the equal chance to get it (esp. the chance of getting a precursor).

Exactly. If rewards are going to be so significant, the event that grants it should last a weekend or 24 hours at the very least, to give people from all time zones a chance.

In fact, the most equitable thing would be to grant EVERY account the shell accessory and 20-slot bag, as a celebration of defeating the karka, plus a skin for those who actually turned up and participated as a sort of “I was at the event” t-shirt. That way people who could not play at all during the event (work, vacation whatever) would only have lost out on that “t-shirt”, which is fair enough and not game breaking.

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I don’t mind not getting a precursor (rewarding lots of other players with them made them actually somewhat reasonably priced on the tp for a short while), but I kinda did think it was pretty sorry that those of us that ran the full 2+ hour event chain were rewarded the same as someone who came along during the last event.

Perhaps there should have been rewards during the other stages as well, with the final chest having fewer items.

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

That’s true. I voted ‘dislike very much’ for exactly this reason. I actually have no problem with a one time event that rewards those who make it with an extra cut scene or a piece of town clothing. I usually don’t attend, but I don’t feel like I’m being punished for not going. 300g worth of swag is an issue though.

I dunno about town clothing, maybe some sort of Karka themed skin for a weapon, or something cool.

If they do continue doing this precursor thing though, it’d have to happen in a way that gives everyone a chance. Although, a 1 time event, that happens ONCE, with high rewards, is a real cool concept. Personally, I’d be fine with how they did it, if there wasn’t awful lag and a million disconnects.

Having such a rare item be a reward at a 1 time event isn’t a bad thing, precursors are already incredibly rare. Had there not be an event, those of us that didn’t get one from it would still be in the same position.

So I am in favor of ANet continuing with this type of high reward chance in 1 time events. I am not in favor of the lag from hell. Please have the servers ready next time ANet

Celesica.5790

Please do consider Oceanic players. I don’t want to explain the whole thing anymore. I’m okay with awesome one time events, but not with high rewards. Please don’t punish us just because we weren’t able to attend them coz it’s around 4AM Monday our time.

Posted by: Sevy.6987

Sevy.6987

While I was able to do the final event on multiple alternate characters (twice from the very beginning), I still mentioned something similar that the current method of deploying one-time-only events needs to be looked at. The other part of it is the duration of parts of the event were needlessly long and tedious rather than challenging.

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

The expensive items people got from it was just rubbing salt in the wound for the players who couldn’t make it. Not nice.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I couldn’t make it (or rather I don’t date videogames, personal rule) yet I bought the most expensive item in the game at half price. Very casual happy here

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: NijAAlba.9615

NijAAlba.9615

It has nothing to do with envy, if you work 3h for an event and get loot worth of 2g and someone comes in last minute, hits boss twice and gets 2 precursors (YES; actually happened)
It just isnt fair to give few players loot worth of at least 1 month farming and teh other dont ….

NijAAlba

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

“Do you believe players should be immensely rewarded for being able to do the one time event?”

I was confused as to why this was not added to the survey. Like many have said. We did not have problems with the one time event being a one time event. We had problems because people were being rewarded some of the hardest to receive items in the game. Some people even received these multiple times. While others who had to work or did not live in the sweet spot time zones missed out and didn’t even get a chance. This was an important question which may result in misleading results, as some may say they don’t like one time events at all because of this.

This was the problem in my opinion too, huge reward for a one time event. I thought this event was going to be like all the previous one time events we’ve seen, something fun but not immensley game changing, well it was and we got kittened for not attending because we thought we could miss it and just watch it on YouTube later to get the full event.

Posted by: Alcyone.8695

Alcyone.8695

I don’t get it… wouldn’t you feel MORE left out if a one-time event dropped a cosmetic skin that you could NEVER get again instead of something that, however difficult, you could get in the game normally? I mean, you can trade in karka shells for the accessory, you can buy a twenty-slot bag on the trading post or craft one for yourself if you have the funding, you have a chance (even if it’s smaller than the odds of finding a shiny pokemon) to get a precursor off every mob in the game or you can save all your gold to buy them… Even if you missed out, it’s an attainable goal. A unique item that you can never get again? Now that would make me feel left out… not only would I not get to do the event, I’d also miss out on a really cool item I’ll never have a shot at again.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

I gave it bad feedback, I was really disappointed with the event from phase 1 to phase 3 for losing out on the chest, I also think these events discriminate across wide spectrum of players whether it was time zones, religious believes, and those who could not commit to those days. People have lifes outside of GW2 and to run an event over 3 or 4 days during a weekend is to restricting.

They also need to test these events before making them live, they also need to understand that making players rush to one specific area is going to cause severe strain on the server and will likely to crash players.

I’d really like to go to one of their board meetings when they discuss these events because I don’t think any of them really think outside the box and think about the effects of their decisions.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: Sabo.1485

Sabo.1485

I missed the event. I had better things to do, what with my sister finding out she has a brain tumor that Friday afternoon. She wasn’t really in the right frame of mind to deal with her 4-year-old, so I took him for the weekend. Terribly inconvenient timing that something so real-life should interrupt Anet’s carefully crafted schedule for me, and for that I humbly apologize to Anet. Next time I’ll try to be more considerate and ask my real life commitments to try to remember their place.

Finnegan Bhaird – Human Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I don’t get it… wouldn’t you feel MORE left out if a one-time event dropped a cosmetic skin that you could NEVER get again instead of something that, however difficult, you could get in the game normally? I mean, you can trade in karka shells for the accessory, you can buy a twenty-slot bag on the trading post or craft one for yourself if you have the funding, you have a chance (even if it’s smaller than the odds of finding a shiny pokemon) to get a precursor off every mob in the game or you can save all your gold to buy them… Even if you missed out, it’s an attainable goal. A unique item that you can never get again? Now that would make me feel left out… not only would I not get to do the event, I’d also miss out on a really cool item I’ll never have a shot at again.

Just to give one example, the bag itself is worth 10 gold (not to mention its scarcity factor), 10 gold can be obtained by 10 hours of farming. Some people spent 3 seconds logging into alts and looting the chest to obtain 10 hours worth of time.

We are complaining about the time that we lost as players due to the unfair distribution of items. To be competitive with those who got rewards, I’ll now have to spend 20-30 hours of farming, not to mention those who got precursors.

No one likes their time being messed with, after all we only have 80ish years worth of it.

Celesica.5790

Nope. I won’t feel bad about it because it’s just cosmetic. It won’t increase my inventory with 20 slots. It won’t give me better stats. It won’t also make me farm for those shells and golds for precursor if I aim for legendary, or buying the 20 slot bag. If they have the shirt, or whatever cosmetic, it’s okay. It won’t hurt my effort and money.

But the reward made the acquisition of those items easier – be it gold or time. They just have to attend that event for 2.5 hours and poof, rewarded with ossom stuff whereas those who haven’t attended will still have to farm for them. Nice for those who were there. It saved them the time to farm and silvers to spend. Some got even more than silvers. Hope you get our point. Hehe

Posted by: Norax.2405

Norax.2405

So you think everyone got a Dawn?
I opened the chest 4 times (I know you will hate me for this, but I sacrifice sleeping hours for it) and the most valuable thing I get was the karka 20 slots bag. What it’s nice, but its faaar away from those 300g, which is a lie, because it was around 280g and few moments later it was under 200g. With that huge spam of precursor weapons and exotic, the price of EVERYTHING went down.

Posted by: Manulitar.4389

Manulitar.4389

It has nothing to do with envy, if you work 3h for an event and get loot worth of 2g and someone comes in last minute, hits boss twice and gets 2 precursors (YES; actually happened)
It just isnt fair to give few players loot worth of at least 1 month farming and teh other dont ….

NijAAlba

Agree on that one technically could have arrived in the last, shortest phase to hit the boss couple of times for the win =&that was one of the hugest mistakes made in the event design/structure !
So,(not commenting on nature of loot here yet) I think another important question should have been: did you think the structure and reward “distribution” system of the multi hours fight worked, did everyone get fairly rewarded for the amount they participated? Especially as many many players got nothing at all for their 3 hours, exept the fun to be there. Another question, how long do you think a player should have participated to have been rewarded something for their effort in defeating the ancient menace?

Any rewards there, big or small were not for the “massively multi hours” long participation, they were only for participating in the last few “one time” minutes without dying in a bad spot or crashing just before or during those minutes.. They were not even “only for those who endured it all” making it alive and no dc untill the final step if that was Anet`s original idea, because it was possible to only arrive during that final step and be rewarded.. Even just to log on right by the dying boss by chance and hit it few times would have done!
So, the design was obviously hastily tought out, rly hope this was a lesson for the future.

Im glad to hear Anet working on a compensation for at least some of us “who Participated and did not get the chest”, but I hope they can figure out and tell us soon what does that participation mean- will it still mean u had to hit the boss in it`s very final stage before u dc`d , fell into lava or whatnot ? And if not, where will/can you draw the line in the mess? Personally would like to know, does dying count or only dc-if so, those who dc`d might have died if they`d been on?
And rly, this is not meant to be a “hate” mail for Anet, Im sry for all the pain figuring all this out afterwards must be causing you, you wanted to give a fun event of course!

Then, about the what was in the loot, ay, question about that should have been asked the community!
Personally I think, if you want to give out luck based 1 time chances of amazing and expensive loot sometimes- maybe it might be fine, :BUT if you do so the event/dungeon should not be 1 time in"real time" , it should be lootable once per character or account, wich ever you see best, but NOT the event only happening once/ only last few minutes of it counting for reward, so many people cant make it there or cant make far enough to comlete.
One time events happening in real time should have great cosmetic or “fun item” etc. rewards plus regular loot according to the difficulty of event. Here we also missed any regular loot from most of the tough mobs fought along the way, was surprised at my karka kill count compared to the few crabby crab meats and vry few whites/blues I got Sry the wall of text, Ty for reading!

(edited by Manulitar.4389)

Posted by: Anagna.8376

Anagna.8376

I missed it completely. I usually know what time everything is/was happening, except this one. Wasn’t enough notice I think.

I feel cheated everyone got such awesome stuff and I log in to find it already happened. I think to myself “Oh okay, no big deal.” Then I find out everyone lived like kings for the rest of the day by opening one chest.

Posted by: Nexrex.8273

Nexrex.8273

A better question would be “Do you think leaving one time event rewards up to rng is a fair game play aspect?”
Other than that I strongly feel champion mobs should have way better rewards. Age long champion mob fights for a random blue kinda sucks balls…

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

it was on there…just not with such loaded language.

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

IF ArenaNet wants to do 1 time events then they should take a long hard look at how to do them so everyone can enjoy them. This means the following

• Event runs throughout the day every few hours for 24 hours or 48 hours so everyone gets to experience it.
  • Event reward(s) is(are) account bound (For special rewards) and account is flagged as having done the event so event can only be once regardless of how many characters someone has.
  • Event rewards are scaled to character level unless an exotic can drop in which case it drops for anyone doing the event regardless of level (they can sell it or hold it till they hit level 80).
  • Every stage of the event flags the account and end reward flags the account so if you get disconnected before you finish you can rejoin. If you get disconnected before the end reward yet have done all other parts you can receive the reward.

Doing this insures everyone gets to experience the event once regardless of where they are timezone wise in the world. It can’t be farmed by a single account and disconnects won’t screw people out of their rewards.

If needed/possible all flags but the final completion flag could be removed from accounts with the next patch to keep the database cleaner for the next event.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I know this is really just a troll to flame the event, but …

on the supposed topic,

there actually was a place on the survey to give your feedback about this.

Posted by: Manulitar.4389

Manulitar.4389

After writing my own wall of text on this topic, tought I had to share – thanks to my guildie for pointing out: the survey appers not to be rly made by Anet direct but by NCsoft:
http://newsletters.ncsoft.com/emp/gw2/announcement/2012-11-21/na.html
I for one got the idea it`s “Anet written” for hastily following this link/headline
http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/comments/arenanet-want-your-lost-shores-feedback/

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

You guys will QQ about anything. “Precursors are too hard to get!!!” Anet gives a good chance to get precursors. “I didn’t make 300g!!!”

Only a couple lucky people got dusk or dawn. Even if you didn’t get a precursor the price dropped drastically enough for anyone who had a decent amount of gold to get it. If we complain about getting precursors from this event then it won’t happen again. I’m very happy with the event and btw the 2 exotics I received from the event are still in the TP and total 9g.

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

That’s a pretty loaded question and probably wouldn’t be seen on a good survey. The rewards were random exotics. Legendary precursors are not “special exotics”…they’re just exotics that are also used for Legendary weapons. Given a large enough population, there will be players that receive those weapons out of all of the possible exotics they could have received. Normal RNG rules apply here.

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

“precursors are too hard to get” say that to the player who looted the chest and going over to a overflow server to loot the next chest and then going over to the next overflow and get 3 precusor on ONE character and then switch to the second character. I don’t think this was supposed to be happen. And the best is these players coming away without any punishment and getting a ton more richer, because it was ArenaNet`s fault to let that happen and the player for doing this. And again the poor getting more poor and the richer more rich.

Posted by: lucige.7290

lucige.7290

Yea I’m right there with you, my best piece was worth 1 gold…sucks for me I guess but meh I’ll live

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I just want to say that I’m glad to see they put out a survey to gather feedback. Hopefully this means some changes will be implemented in the future. That particular question was not in there but I commented on the large rewards under one of the other questions.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

People probably wouldn’t be so up in arms if the rewards of this event excluded the possibility of getting a precursor. The 20 slot bag alone is a 10g reward which is fine by me. If the exotics/rares were cool Lost Shore skins that would’ve been neat as well….

Precursors, by there very nature of their existence being totally RNG, are terrible and only add fuel to this fire. Could’ve fixed the precursor debacle long ago by making them account bound and using the Pact Victory Token as something you exchange for a legendary; encouraging completion of the story among the other prereqs like doing dungeons, getting karma, getting badges, getting ungodly amounts of materials.

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Be happy you got something. All I got was a lot of lag and a disconnect.. When I managed to get back into the game the event was over and I got no loot at all.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i did their survey guess im not mad at receiving the uber item that doesnt matter to me the lag that hurt the event i couldnt see or do anything bothered me more. i got dc’ed so didnt get the chest and dont really care if i get compensated i just want future events to go smoothly

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Be happy you got something. All I got was a lot of lag and a disconnect.. When I managed to get back into the game the event was over and I got no loot at all.

Be happy that you got to play in this ‘money’ phase at all. Others couldn’t get on for various reasons because of real life and arenanet’s VERY bad timing.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”