Opinion on +Plus all stat ascended trinkets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

I run with a Guardian that uses A.h and might stacking with shouts,

I’m a dps/support/tank hybrid i do good damage, am have 3k armor and 16800 hp with a 42 percent crit chance and i stack might with traits,sigils,greatsword #1, and with skills, so crit is important also.

Anyways i currently use a huge mix of items

3 P/V/T armor types
2 Beserker
1 Knights

All armor has a mix of 2 Beryl 3 Emerald 1 Ruby

For trinktets i use a mix of
knight,valkyre,zerker,soldier
With one ANCIENT KARKA SHELL (PLUS TO ALL STATS)

All socketed with exquisite beryl jewels

Now im wondering, as i almost got enough to get my first ascended trinket with laurals if i should

1. Just replace ancient karka shell with its acsended equivelent

2. Getting ALL MY ACENDED TRINKETS AS PLUS TO ALL STATS

*3. Canning ancient karka shell and not using any plus to all stat type of items and just go for ;

half tank type trinkets and half dps type trinkets.

What do you think would be the best option to do here?

My build right now is sort of an all around hybrid i’d say im a little bit heavier on the dps side then the tank side but not by much,

Would going all plus to all stat trinkets make me lose out on my preciouis precision toughness and vit too much compared to using items that focus on one part and then ballencing between the two types of items?

I do make use of every stat the +to all stat ascended trinkets utilize, with my current build i dont use condition damage too too much as virtue of justice
doesnt proc that much it seems and i often use it for burst which still triggers fire damage, but i mean so i am using it.

Healing power i use significantly with a.h and all my shouts and virtues (5 pt’s traited in virtues for the epic bonus’s)

The stats i would utilize the least on the +to all stat trinkets would be

Condition dmg (VoJ)
Mf ( but i mean i consider it just as an extra bonus, but what i mean is this character is not specced mf whatsoever)

So is + all stats viable in a hybrid DPS/SHOUT Guardian that is a cannon without the glass
~OR~
Would it be more viable stat wise to have half tanky stat trinkets and half pure dps tupe trinkets which would ballence out also.

(Bonus question : Is it viable to use perhaps just 1 plus to all stat trinket if say it helps you hit your target stats, or would the loss be too high as i could always instead use other ways to hit the target stats as in tweaking my inserted gems (aka runes) and tweaking perhaps some armor types altough i would like to spend as little as possible, but if it means its gimping me)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

+ all stats has a larger total of stats than focussing on 2 stats. You will be a jack of all trades. If you want to make a tanky damage dealer, it is (imho) the best combination. You will have overall lower numbers but perfect play will have you do more damage because your uptime is higher than a glass cannon (who does 0% damage while dead, and glass cannons are dead a lot)

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Blissified.8369

Plus keep in mind i would be only getting trinkets with plus all to stats, my armor aswell as armor upgrades atm are focused more towards dps,

So if i go dpsish armor/gems in armor with plus to all ascended trinkets, i will be a dps/tank hybrid that leans more towards dps.

But my question is i could go half tank gear and have beserkers gear, wouldnt this give me a ballenced tank/dps hybrid aswell? since condition damage isnt too important to me.

marnick.4305

Depends. Your stat total will still be higher with +all stats (Celestial). I like to have all stats so I’m durable, my heals are buffed a bit and I still do a nice amount of direct and condition damage. If I manage to work with all stats, I’m considerably more effective than a zerker or pure tank.

The question thus is whether or not you can use all stats. As soon as you’re not using 2 or 3 stats, it may be better to min-max. That’s a personal choice though.

Anyhow. With ascended gear you can raise the base stats of your character. As you said, you can still use your armor to focus on one or more stats to make a tanky damage dealer leaning one way or the other.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If you intend to run a hybrid build (some pieces damage, some pieces defensive) then wearing all stat items will give you higher overall stats than equipping half of your character with attack gear, and the other half defensive gear.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I just hope I can find a pair that really bring out my eyes. Fortunately I’ve outgrown the spreadsheet mentality that plagues lesser MMOs and have realized a fraction of a percent boost here or there is far less important than playing the profession well.

Hey… there’s a thought for Legendary trinkets if they ever make them… something that has an ocular modifying effect. You could come up with some interesting effects there… adding glows, changing the pupils to something unique, etc.

#TeamJadeQuarry

(edited by VOLKON.1290)

marnick.4305

I just hope I can find a pair that really bring out my eyes. Fortunately I’ve outgrown the spreadsheet mentality that plagues lesser MMOs and have realized a fraction of a percent boost here or there is far less important than playing the profession well.

Is exactly why I use +all stats. That way I don’t have to worry about spreadsheets.

In other games this is indeed a plague.

Blissified.8369

If you intend to run a hybrid build (some pieces damage, some pieces defensive) then wearing all stat items will give you higher overall stats than equipping half of your character with attack gear, and the other half defensive gear.

thank you, you answered my question!!!!!!!

everything els is obviois!

Blissified.8369

Someone just told me that +all stat stuff is only viable if you use EVERYTHING with the plus all stat stats, is this true? or can i just use 1 to 3 items with that stat type and not kitten myself?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

In most cases going half zerk half bunker gives you better stats than “all stats” gear.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Going +all stats is conceivably viable if we had full ascended armor pieces with +all stats as well so one can have +all stats to everything gear.

However currently you can only do that with jewelry so it probably won’t work very well.

Blissified.8369

im saying using only a few plus all stat items, i already know my dps/support a.h might stacking guardian uses every stat (hes a tanky dpser, with shouts).

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

im saying using only a few plus all stat items, i already know my dps/support a.h might stacking guardian uses every stat (hes a tanky dpser, with shouts).

Probably won’t work too well then. The total bonuses you get from the other stats that are you not main stats in your +all gear won’t be sufficient to make much of a difference in those areas.