Opinions on fan focus skin?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Wish it was a dagger skin with razor edges.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Mithyl.8620

Mithyl.8620

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Thank you for bringing up Mesmer, I’ve been looking for a good focus skin for my Phantasm Mesmer and I think that will work out great.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s not bad but way to expensive, a normal weapon skin is 400GEM…….
i already think 1 skin for 400GEM is expensive, now they make it even more expensive. (it’s half the cost of a whole armor skin set, WTF)

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

It clips with my character’s leg in a major way – not happy about that.

It opens and shuts itself when I finish gathering any wood or ore by itself – not happy about that.

It looks awesome when I use Temporal Curtain – happy with that.

Still, I wouldn’t recommend it or buy it as a gift. It’s overpriced and – honestly – it kinda looks half-kittened.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

It’s 100g, roughly the same cost as a new bl ticket weapon skin on the tp.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Way overpriced considering there’s not even a single sword/mace/scepter skin that would match nicely.

Had a GW fan too, they were growing in dust since my casters were using staves only, except for necro maybe… But necro had a nice matching BMP undead set.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

sorudo.9054

100G takes me months to get, try again…..

Miss Lana.5276

It is incredibly easy to make money in gw2. Sneeze and you’ll profit. Just actually playing the game is literally all it takes.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Way overpriced considering there’s not even a single sword/mace/scepter skin that would match nicely.

There is a lack of elegant weapons. But that’s why I bought it. My Mesmer doesn’t have many other options.

I’m using Bonetti’s Rapier which is civilised enough. Unfortunately the fan does have the Chinese dragon pattern on it which doesn’t really match with rapiers. And all the Dragon’s Jade weapons are massive inelegant hunks of rock. Hopefully more weapons like this are coming.

sorudo.9054

It is incredibly easy to make money in gw2. Sneeze and you’ll profit. Just actually playing the game is literally all it takes.

if i am lucky enough to get something expensive enough i get about 2 gold a day at most, tell me how that’s incredibly easy.

Miss Lana.5276

if i am lucky enough to get something expensive enough i get about 2 gold a day at most, tell me how that’s incredibly easy.

You have MANY options mate. All of which are easy because literally all you have to do is play the content of the game to gather money.

A ) farm the areas notorious for good loot
B ) leave your alts in a location of use (ie rich ore veins, jumping puzzle chest, etc. You choose)
C ) run dungeons daily (every path in every dungeon gives at least one gold, plus loot and tokens)
D ) play sPvP (even if you lose you get 15s, plus your reward track advances which can give you sp scrolls, level up scrolls, exo gear, dungeon tokens to get exo gear, and even ascended gear)
E ) Map the world and gather literally everything you see. It’s money just laying around.
F ) Turn your laurels into t6 mats and sell them.

These are only a few of many, many options, so from your response I gather that all you’re doing is maybe 1-2 dungeons and then standing around in some city hoping someone will give you free stuff. If you’re gonna do that, don’t you dare mope that you’re poor. You have every opportunity to go and make gold. It’s easier in this game than in any other game I have ever played.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Shame that the only toons I have that use focuses are male. I just don’t think my mesmer needs to look any more “fantastic”.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I think that I currently have too many skins I don’t use, but if the cost were less I’d probably buy it. 600 gems, as others have said, is a little steep for an offhand weapon.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

600 gems for massive knee clipping. @Anet: do better.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I like the animation of it opening and closing.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes