Optimizing CPU

Optimizing CPU

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Hey!

Has ArenaNet mentioned anything about optimizing more the game. The game is currently so CPU heavy and not really so GPU dependent that it could be optimized.

So is there ANY future plans about improving the way the game uses CPU and improving atleast the game using all cores. I can currently see the game using only 2 cores effectively, so it could also use improvements on whole CPU usage system.

For example, in WvWvW I could lower all GW2 settings to it’s lowest without increasing the FPS even a bit. Having still pretty good CPU and still even it’s not enought.

Thx for any information anyone could give.
Would love if any developer could answer this.

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

I would love to know an answer to this as well

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah I have the same issue. Settings don’t make a kitten difference for me.

My CPU isn’t very strong, but I believe it’s because it’s AMD and this game has problems with AMD CPU’s or something like that.

And they’re still working on it. There was something on reddit about it I think.

Optimizing CPU

Timze.7980

Yeah I have the same issue. Settings don’t make a kitten difference for me.

My CPU isn’t very strong, but I believe it’s because it’s AMD and this game has problems with AMD CPU’s or something like that.

And they’re still working on it. There was something on reddit about it I think.

Yes, AMD might have a bit influence on it, but this really needs some optimatizing. I believe too they are working on it but not sure how important this is for them as they haven’t said anything really after the lauch about this whole situation…

Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

I think its not really that bad that the game runs pretty decent (35-60 fps, 45-50 most of the time) even on a q6600 with a hd 6770 radeon card. If they would make the game more gpu intense I really doubt my desktop would be able to run it anymore.

(edited by lexdead.7610)

Optimizing CPU

Timze.7980

I think its not really that bad that the game runs pretty decent (35-60 fps, 45-50 most of the time) even on a q6600 with a hd 6770 radeon card. If they would make the game more gpu intense I really doubt my desktop would be able to run it anymore.

Yes, I agree it’s good/decent FPS in MOST of the time, but when it comes to the WvWvW or anything else with lots of people playing on, your FPS just goes so low and even lowering graphical settings won’t do anything since it’s CPU based problem.

This being the main reason for the need of optimization of CPU usage and how the game should use all the cores effectively…

I would really appreciate if any developer could say something about this. I know this isn’t something most of the developers even know about much but knowing anything about future plans would help, atleast for those planning to upgrade their computers.

(edited by Timze.7980)

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

why can’t they make it so the gpu does most of the work??

Optimizing CPU

Timze.7980

Well…I think that would be one option too but not all the people would like that one either.

But this would be better in my opionin too since you could then just add another graphic card with your old one other than just getting rid of your old CPU and getting new one just because one game needs better CPU.

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Because then you’d have almost these exact same threads created, but by people with lower spec graphics cards instead of by people with lower spec CPUs.

They need to optimize it, not just shift the processing to another component.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Optimizing CPU

Timze.7980

So no any developer will say anything about this or they don’t really know even about this by themselves?

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Finally a thread about a real problem.

Ka BUMP.

Polish > hype

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: Oromish.4903

Oromish.4903

Finally a thread about a real problem.

Ka BUMP.

Very much agreed.

Optimizing CPU

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Video game developers work hand and hand with hardware developers. They constantly push the requirements of games in order to get you out there to buy new computer upgrades. Graphics have wanned down quite a bit over the last two years because I remember every year I had to buy a new video card, but now the same video card I got 2 years ago is still high end.

I got an i5 @ 4 ghz and a HD 6950 2gb and I run game max settings except for the shader setting (it murders my fps on supershader, but runs fine on middle setting) and I get 30-60 FPS in mass WvW PvP.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer