Option for shutting off Login Bonus?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Hi! As much as I appreciate Arenanets fantastic generosity, I wonder if there might be any option added to the game to shut off the Login Bonuses? There are already too many things activated when logging into the game for my taste … and I really dont need to be awarded just for logging in …. Thanks and I love you and your game, because it is breathtakingly beautiful and it has such a genious, wondrous, deep lore – you dont have to throw gifts at me. I cant love you more than I already do. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

(edited by AuroraW.7149)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Don’t click the chest? Login to an alt first to eat the chest.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, you don’t care about laurels? It’s the only reliable way to get them.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

I swear the complaints on this forum get wierder and wierder…

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I think OP just ate way too much sugar, being overly sweet and thankful to a company which is just trying to get more people to log in.

We all love the game, otherwise we wouldnt be here.
Well, some don’t and they still play daily, but that’s their mess to clean.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Really ? All that such an option will bring is more work for the support because of
all those person that no suddenly have marked that “by accident” and then want
to get their stuff back / again from the support.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Well, I guess people really just can’t be happy no matter what.

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

how about a send my login bonus to “another player who need” them button? and i volunteer. I want them.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Can understand your reasoning (why complaining about something you get for free?). But I dont want to be treated like a whiny 3 year old, rolling on the floor and demanding their treat. Arenanet is simply playing on the greediness of people and I dont like that. I would rather like to play a game where I am treated as a grown-up, who can make decisions on her own and who wants to be awarded for an effort, not for just logging into the game. This is ridiculous and just another strange move by Arenanet devs, at the brink of turning one of the finest MMO’s ever made into a trashy bog standard themepark game. Like a couple similar decisions during the past 6 months. They once started with the – much appealing – branding motto that you can do what you want in Guild Wars 2, in an open, free world. That you can roam everywhere on your own discretion, that you have free rein. Not much is left of it now …

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Hardly, they merely replaced the daily reward (which the majority of people did anyway) with an auto reward if you logged in. It means that you can now go and play any aspect of the game without feeling suffocated to go and do 15 dodges 20 gathers etc etc and you can just do dungeons all day and your daily is there (laurel wise) if you want the achievement points then you can go and work on them.

Ultimately people think they must do their daily every day or they will explode. After 4 years the daily reward becomes obsolete anyway (sooner than that as people already have a LOT of AP from daily/monthly)
As soon as you reach 15k AP from daily/monthly the AP stops so you really do not have to do those every day there is a cap on it.

I quit for about 16 months and have 2k AP from daily/monthly but for people that have been logging in and doing all their dailies/monthlies and completing everything this will cease to be a requirement for them. For those that are still doing it, they have to do less in a day and oddly this can be completed in less than 10 minutes.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The annoyance comes from the list of available dailies that pop up after you claim your reward. What they should do is auto-close the window after the reward is claimed.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

They could make it so the OP could just assign his login chest to me. I will suffer the added hassle.

Theftwind (HoD)