Option to Preview Armors Outside Our Profession

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I have only one question,what is the reason behind the remove of previewing on armors that your class can’t wear. I dont agree with this change,i have to log on another character to preview a piece of armor?! I enjoy the game and since i bought it i never had something bad to say about it but this small thing bothers me a lot.Just why?

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m calling on bug… but yet there has been no confirmation by ANet, so it’s speculation.
Give us our independant preview back please?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

Posted by: jbranson.7462

jbranson.7462

This aggravates me as well, I would think adding more flexibility to the function would be better instead of taking it away. If this is not a bug then I think their time would have been better spent adding the preview function to the trading post not removing it from items you cant wear but want to see on a gender/race combo.

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

This was weird for me too… I’m a warrior! And I want to see myself in light armor sometimes! If i think it looks hot, then i pass it to my ele. If not, then i sell it! >=( Don’t remove this!! There is no logic behind it!

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Nury.3062

Im glad that im not the only one who find this preview remove a really bad thing.

Posted by: Narfesis.8476

Narfesis.8476

Im gonna add my voice to this. It would be good to get a dev in here to confirm either its a bug or they did it for some unknown reason. Frankly, I think adding functionality rather than taking it away makes more sense. Please fix/re-add.

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Seriously, quite a nuisance now that I need to swap characters to preview the armor of a different type. I imagine they removed it due to possible cs complaints that they accidentally bought the item b/c they thought they were able to wear it but really, just chock it up to user error. Don’t take away convenient features for the greater player base please.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

This makes no sense to remove it, as other have stated I would preview light on my warrior just to know if I wanted it on my mesmer. Also I would preview it on a character of a specific race to see if I wanted to make another class of that race. Like previewing light armor on a charr warrior to see if I want a charr elem.

Nury.3062

Keep this topic alive,we deserve to know if is a bug or it was intended.I start to think that is a bug since the weapons that are not for my class i can preview but the armors can’t.Hope to be a bug.

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

I too would like to chime in. In an otherwise VERY nice patch… this was a puzzling change. I used the armour preview function all the time when determining if I should keep a piece for an alt. Please change it back, or if it is a bug, please fix it.

And on the subject of previews… it would be really nice to be able to preview items in the TP.
I’m a bit perplexed as to why we don’t already have this ability; we can preview items in every other capacity, so why not the TP? Does its cross server setup cause issues with being able to preview things?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Previewing items on a trading post/auction house should be a beta release feature on a modern day, cutting edge MMO. Even Everquest had that over 10 years ago. Talk about a step backwards…..

Posted by: Tenil.3570

Tenil.3570

Um… everquest didn’t have that 10 years ago (they don’t and never had any sort of auction house either). They barely have a functioning preview today.

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

Um… everquest didn’t have that 10 years ago (they don’t and never had any sort of auction house either). They barely have a functioning preview today.

Lets not derail the topic on Everquest but keep the focus on our lack of previewing all items lol

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Yes, we need this back – its a major inconvenience.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Posted by: havellian.4073

havellian.4073

2nd this… Preview is essential for all who collect armor! (as an aside, it’s interesting how well some cross weight pieces go together… much better than their intended set)

Nury.3062

I go to sleep,maybe when i woke up all will be fixed…

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Quick question, ‘Preview’ feature fixed on the TP? If not then what in the airborne fornication are they doing twiddling around with any part of the ‘Preview’ feature while this STILL remains MIA?

That is all…

Posted by: Grizzly.2647

Grizzly.2647

My guildies and I noticed something interesting today: You used to be able to preview any linked items in chat windows via right-click + preview, unless they were cultural armor pieces for a different race. Understandable why you wouldn’t be able to see those, and it all made sense. Tonight though, we noticed that you now cannot preview armor that your character cannot equip (such as heavy armor on rangers, etc).

Why make this change? Who was it hurting? We’re talking preview here. I have a medium-armor human, what if I want to see how heavy looks? Why not? What was wrong with preview-ing everything, and why limit it like this? Is this a bug or intended?

Posted by: Sprezzatura.4865

Sprezzatura.4865

AGREED. I was hoping it would be a bug as there wasn’t any mention on the patch notes for the Wintersday update. Arena-net should revert it back to the way it was… could more people chime in on this issue as well?

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

I agree, this makes no sense, please revert it.

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

I was surprised to see this happen too. It was handy, you didn’t have to be on your heavy armour wearing character when you looked at karma vendors to see what was available to them, or to see the linked items your guild mates are showing off in chat. Would love it if this was reverted.

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

keep this thread alive

i second this

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

i have seen many posts similar to this. NONE. Not one has had an official answer

the fact that there is still no official answer as to whether this is a bug or intended, im starting to get really scared

please Anet pleaseeee answer us, asnwer us just one official answer as to what is happening to the preview, its not difficult to answer pleaseeee i beg u set our minds at rest, if u answer at least people will breath normally again

Posted by: biCentral.9681

biCentral.9681

No – A MILLION x’s NO!

Why on earth would you remove something so user friendly?

Honestly guys – where’s your head at?

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

It seems like a deliberate choice because you can obviously see your own weight armour, its not a bug. Its a horrible inconvenience, of no value and needs to be changed back. Its like the change to the slider mechanism in the tradeskilling window, worked fine then deliberately break it with an obviously worse implementation.

Sometimes its just like they have a weekly kitten competition and pick something to “fix”.

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

Agree – this is very annoying! I want to be able to try on outfits for my alts without actually having to make room in the bank, sign off, sign back on, look, then go back to my other character again.

I also like taking one character into the mists to look at the locker, and plan future looks for all my alts.

Please change it back!

Nury.3062

i woke up now and it seems that everything is the same,no answer.

Posted by: Meri.9043

Meri.9043

I have to agree. This change is very annoying and not needed. I always liked to look at how my character looked in other armor. It doesn’t hurt anything and once I have an alt leveled I would know if I want to save that armor for her. Please bring the previews for all armor types back.

Posted by: sandman.7524

sandman.7524

im also want this back, i checked after the patch and thought it was just an bug because theres really no sense as to why remove it. and then i read the patch notes and lo and behold its listed as fixed.

Nury.3062

Not yet fixed,but if this is intened well i will be sure to fight for it t be changed back.This little thing like preview makes me just think that every people saying that the games goes in a wrong direction are right,never been agains anet and the changes/patches they have implemented but this one…

Avan.1540

… wait, that was a “fix”? O_o
What?

Thats like… removing the air conditioner on someone’s car and saying its fixed. And it was the brakes that needed changing. (Note that the brakes still don’t work)

Posted by: Piercefield.6845

Piercefield.6845

This. This needs to be reverted. Immediately.

Avan.1540

@ Sandman:

Ok, I just did a search for ‘preview’ and ‘view’ and ‘weight’ in the patchnotes, but couldn’t find anything pertaining to this. I also skimmed over the items & general changes again.

Can you quote the bit that says that its an intended fix?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Didnt you know? There is invisible text in the patch notes that only anet can see. However I looked into my little divining ball and was managed to extract the following from the developer only patch notes:

-We changed some stuff and didnt tell anyone, again, just like in the lost shores patch. This was intended. Please remember to ignore any player concerns regarding this and hopefully they will forget about it over time.

-More farming opportunities nerfed, the nerfs werent bad enough in the lost shores patch, soon everyone will run fractals of the mists. Please ignore any user concerns on these issues.

Would you be suprised?

Not that I think they would be that stupid. But they cant keep ignoring stuff like this forever.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Nury.3062

Im glad that im not the only one who is against the preview remove.We have to increase the number of players supportig this thing.Maybe is a minor thing compared with other changes but this bothers me the most.If you “land” on this thread/topic dont be just a “view” show us that you also care.

(edited by Nury.3062)

Posted by: mangoskin.4852

mangoskin.4852

I play classes of all 3 armor types, so I would really like the old feature back. It would be a pain to switch characters just to preview something.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I nominate that ninja change for the most annoying and misguided ninja change in the history of MMOs. Why do something so aggravating? Is that some internal bet you play between you to see who invents the most annoying change in the game ever?

Posted by: iiroSan.8236

iiroSan.8236

I also found previewing non-equipable gear helpfull, I would like to continue doing so 100%.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

My guess is that some people purchased items by accident because they assumed that if they could try it on, the item was usable for their character.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Nury.3062

My guess is that some people purchased items by accident because they assumed that if they could try it on, the item was usable for their character.

This can be the only reason,but for someone’s mistake why should the others be affected?!

Avan.1540

Maybe they could just add a warning saying ‘Are you sure you want to purchase this? It is not equippable on your current character’s class.’

Posted by: Finjala.3401

Finjala.3401

It really bothers me that I cannot preview all armors anymore, please revert this change

Posted by: Wyrmdog.2357

Wyrmdog.2357

Give this back, please. All it does is waste my time and adds nothing to the experience of the game. Hopefully it’s a bug and not a deliberate move. The former is understandable and the latter is just…well, it would be illustrative of how the company sees its players (i.e. not a good move if you want to engender good will).

- Wyrmdog

Avan.1540

Apparently any weapon can still be previewed, which suggests that it is indeed a bug.

Posted by: Vortex.5146

Vortex.5146

I want it back as well. There’s also a topic about this under the bug report subforum, fyi.

Avan.1540

2 threads in there actually – I’ve psoted in them as well >.>

Posted by: LordKozuke.1259

LordKozuke.1259

as an altholic i hate this change : / pls fix it

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

I sort of preview everything I get. I thought not being able to any more was a problem with my drivers or something. I am glad it’s not my end.

Hope they fix this soon.

Nury.3062

We are still here and still unhappy.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’m still here and unhappy, but I’m not asking for them to somehow fix that or reply on a Sunday either :o