Option to disable sounds of minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

[SUGGESTION]
Hello,
In sound options, we have options to disable everything seperately. (Including player instruments.)
It would be good if we had an option to seperately mute or lower the volume of mini pets.
I always have tons of mini hoho-tron, toy and super adventure box minis around me in cities and their sharp toned sounds really annoy me and give me headaches. Because of that, I mute effects volume. But then, I can’t hear other game effect sounds too. Please allow us an option to disable their sounds, thanks.

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

This would be fantastic. The hohotron mini is especially annoying in this regard with the constant ding-ding-ding-ding-ding that never stops.

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

+1 for this. Seriously, that dinging is everywhere.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

But I like annoying people with my Super Assassin.

Pant pant grunt pant pant pant pant pant pant pant.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

For those that don’t know, you can use the Effects sound slider to adjust how loud minis are (it works on the several I’ve tested, so I figure it works for all of ‘em). Of course, it affects certain other sounds, but since this is most likely only an issue in commerce hubs, it shouldn’t matter much and can be adjusted as needed.

Now, I’ve been seeing this wooden Toy Golem (looks like a wooden toy soldier) thing popping up all over the place recently. That is ANNOYING! The constant click-buzz sound you can hear from a mile away chaps my hide. For anyone irritated by that atrocity, you can shut down the noise by using the Environmental slider.

I’ll still thumbs-up the idea of a mini sound slider as it would avoid affecting desired ambient and other sound effects which I generally do want to hear. A checkbox to include/exclude your own minis from the mini sound slider would be nifty.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

+1000 if it includes disabling backpack sounds.
+100 by itself.

Posted by: XDeadzX.2581

XDeadzX.2581

Heh. No one mentioned the spooky ghost. Jeeze that thing is annoying. “WOOOOOOOwooooo!” every other second.

I agree with this, but I’d rather it be an option for the player rather than in the sound options.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

What, you don’t want to hear Evon Gnashblade mini saying “I was the favourite!” over and over again?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

What, you don’t want to hear Evon Gnashblade mini saying “I was the favourite!” over and over again?

No, he would be saying “Kiel cheated me out of my rightful place on the Captain’s Council”.

I can attest this to be the truth.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d like the option to disable the sounds of

• voiced gathering tools (the jack-in-the-box and golem ones are particularly annoying after the first 300 times)
  • backpacks (“faaaaaaster” was funny for the first 362 times)
  • salvage-o-matics (“this is the only proper course” — what the heck does that even mean?)
  • and sure, while you’re at it, minis

Mind you, I still want to be able to hear mine, so if this is a wish list, I’d like to be able to disable other people’s sounds separately.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

+1 to this suggestion.

And this is coming from someone who actually uses some of the noisy ones. Like, I love my Ho-Ho Tron, Super minis, and Spooky Ghost. But I always feel guilty and worried that I’m annoying someone nearby when I’m using them, so I tend to not use them as often as I’d like (plus they sometimes annoy me, too).

Posted by: placeboing.3896

placeboing.3896

This really feels necessary at this point. I too find myself muting the game volume just because of minis constantly yelling stuff in combat (TURBO MODE ENGAGE) or even being too noisy in ambient areas (spooky ghost, etc). The sound in this game is great… its too bad that sounds like these get layered on top.

The main problem I constantly have with this game’s sound is that many noises repeat too frequently. These minis would be completely fine if they only made noises like once every 10 minutes. Its not just the minis. I have recently returned to this game, and in the Silverwastes, I sometimes hear an NPC say the same line three times in 30 seconds! It makes the lines sound silly.

edit: I didn’t realize “TURBO MODE ENGAGE” was being yelled from a backpiece.

(edited by placeboing.3896)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

+1000 if it includes disabling backpack sounds.
+100 by itself.

Good point, i forgot the job-o-tron backpack. Slider or on/off checkbox can include backpack sounds too.

+1 for this. Seriously, that dinging is everywhere.

Yes, ho-ho tron is the most annoying mini ever in my opinion. It rings the bell without stopping.
I lower the volume slider for “effects” but it disables skill sounds too. A seperate option would be good.
There weren’t that many minis or backpacks with sound effects before, so that wasn’t a necessity. But after this point, a seperate option would be good. Because sometimes I see 3 ho-ho trons around(mostly cities or crowded waypoints), those constant ding-ding or 8bit sounds give me headaches.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: Ballantine.9645

Ballantine.9645

This is the most important change for me and one that players have been asking for for a long time. Just today I had to leave EB because of too many Super Bananas on pin and their shrill, overly loud sound effects that wouldn’t stop spamming. Gem store items that make me choose between disabling all sound effects and closing the game really kill my enthusiasm.

Posted by: layshu.7512

layshu.7512

I agree. Get five people with super minis standing relatively near you, and the sounds from those minis will get super annoying since you hear them non-stop. I would not mind it perhaps if it was less frequent. But then, as a new option to get a particular mini is added, people tend to get this mini and equip it, which is rather well expected. So, during the Wintersday you have hundred hoho-trons jingling around you, and making each one to make a sound once a minute would not actually solve the problem.

I’d really love the option that would disable the sounds of all minis but mine. Disabling effect sounds works as a temporary solution, but I actually like skill sounds and the game feels really empty without them.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

There’s me just enjoying the sound of Super minis making retro beeps everywhere. :P
But, yeah, a sound bar for all minis would e useful, as that Ho-ho-Tron robot is annoying.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]