Option to turn off tool tips on the hotbar?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

I recently returned to GW2, and still see no option to turn off hot bar tool tips. I have always been a “clicker” in MMOs ( almost 2 decades playing them), because of my age and lack of finger dexterity.
I have to plant one hand on the movement keys and do everything else with the mouse. I only play tab-target games. If I try to use the keyboard for combat abilities I get lost and very frustrated, usually ending up quitting. GW2 is about as much “action combat” as I can manage.
So, I would love to have the option to turn off hot bar tool tips, so that they don’t fill my screen with text boxes all the time.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

We’ve been asking for this since launch, they removed the tool tips in GW1 years ago, and its something that the Devs don’t seem to give us an answer for, but there are many of us that would love to see this option to turn them off and on.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Either turn off tooltips in combat or a small delay (1 sec) before pop up would help.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

I was just going to make a thread about this.

I like many people am a clicker, and half the time i cant see my screen because of box up box upon box of TOOLTIPS that are spamming my screen.

Why does a 4 year old MMO not have the most basic of options?

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I agree with this. I would also like to add, that having an option to lock my skills (so I don’t have the little arrow in the top of the skill to change the utility skill) would be a great option too. There have been many times that I have accidentally clicked the arrow and changed the skill instead of activating the skill.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

As a semi-clicker, I agree. I’m a small girl with small hands, I can use WASD and 1-5 skills just fine but I click everything else because they are too far away…