Order armor should not be exclusive to story choice

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cheagle.1289

cheagle.1289

I chose vigil as my order and hate their armor skins. I can’t change my order due to story reasons. And the armor skins are bound on acquisition. Can someone please tell me if there’s another way to get the armor skins of the orders outside of deleting my character whose already 80 and has begun getting exotics and starting over?

Posted by: Razorface.2714

Razorface.2714

Yes, you do not have to delete your character, you just need to make a new one. When you made the decision on which order you were going to go with, the game made it very clear that your choice was the one you were going to go with…forever. It is “your story” after all.

I would suggest in the future to do research on such things, perhaps utilizing the wiki maybe…hint hint.

Posted by: Fivelakes.3985

Fivelakes.3985

How dare you role play your character. Razorface is right. (and not at all condescending) You should have studied up and your faction decision. You never, ever make such important decisions without hours of internet reading.

Listen, even if you are one of those weirdos that chooses what fits their character best instead of endlessly scouring the internet to kill any excitement or surprise, you still should have known by the way that one character, I think their name was “No One”, tells you all about the effects of permanently choosing a faction.

I mean really.

p.s. I think faction armor should be exclusive, but it should be pointed out well in advance what that decision means to your outfit choices. This is a game where looks are the all important armor stat.

Posted by: Onza.7165

Onza.7165

Well, if you make another character and join the order you want the armor from… you can buy the armor, transmute it and then use it on your other character. It worked for me, as of a week ago.

More violence, less violets.

Posted by: Fixintothrill.1067

Fixintothrill.1067

I’ll agree with cheagle here. I rolled my elementalist when the game was brand new, he is now 80 and there’s no way I have the time or motivation to reroll such a beauty I have invested time and effort into.

Now we have wonderful community members that have pieced together fantastic resources to show us the skins, I completely resent the choice I made to best fit my character’s story.

Hoping that ANet will give us a legit way of acquiring other orders armour, because this Priory duckling has a Vigil swan just budding to escape!

Posted by: cheagle.1289

cheagle.1289

@Razorface

Ouch, bro. I knew someone was going to post something like this and I knew it was gonna hurt like hell but dam….your post blew a hole right through my chest lol. But yes next time research!

@Fivelakes

LOL your sarcastic post made my day XD thank you so much.

@Onza

You sir are a genius. Thank you so much XD

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

The armor choice should remain exclusive I think; due to the story railroading all of the factions together it is the one thing that will tell the world “I am an Agent of the Order of Whispers”. I think that allowing a member of the Vigil to wear OoW armor is an insult (how is that for roleplaying :-P)

Seriously though, keep the armor how it is please.