Orr Meta Issue Re: mega servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

So yesterday I was doing temple events in Orr for a legendary journey. A large group of us cleared the pres and then completed Balthazar temple and the eye. I afterwards went to Cursed Shore intending to do Melandru and Grenth temples.

First off there was some kind of bug with Melandru where the guy who starts the first event would not move at all even though the event ui was up, he didnt even move out of the base. That’s a problem but its not actually what I came here for.

After that issue had occured I actually took the time to have a good look at the map and noticed I had been put into a map shard that had none of the temples cleansed, not even the Balthazar one which I had just finished. I believe it has something to do with mega servers and how each shard relates to each other but I think that as it is it’s pretty terrible.

I don’t have any solutions in mind but can’t remember seeing any topics re: this issue so I just came to point my finger at it.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I made a thread about it once. It was an avant-garde half poem titled “The World For Me”, talking about my frustrations with getting on the correct Drytop Maps. It wasn’t that well received.

Yes, this kind of thing happens on occasion. Chance are, the world you were in previously became “full”, so when you zoned it it put you into a new shard. There’s not much you can do about it, other than try to taxi in LFG, and zone in over and over again to try and get a good map.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

problem with that theory is it assumes there are other shards available… similar thing just happened now and like last time I tried guesting passes to other worlds, checked with /ip and it just put me on the same shard, there was nothing in lfg. Also that melandru thing happened again, shall repost that on the bug forum

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books