Orr Necro Minion Master Botters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Do these people actually ever get banned?

I was farming in Orr a couple of months back before the release of Ascended weapons and they were all over the place, and I went the other day and they’re still flipping there!

Does ArenaNet just ignore bots now?

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

Posted by: LynX.8724

LynX.8724

Same here man, everyday when i do my ori run . there’s plenty to report.

And i still report them but i just feel like we’re doing their job for free without any rewards.

Now give me my dusk !

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

saw a few in Bloodtide Coast the other day, just reported and blocked.
Question though? how do you now if it was the same ones?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Ever since Minionmancers became viable, Minionmancer bots have also been viable. Hope ArenaNet figures out how to deal with them soon.

Just don’t nerf Minionmancers, because we waited a long time for minions to start working right.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Note to self: do not run minion master build in orr.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Note to self: do not run minion master build in orr.

They’re on to you!

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

As soon as the botscript is more complex (more than just a-b paths) it takes several weeks longer for them to be banned.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

If they do ban botters it’s still very hard for them to keep up. The thing is with all the offers going on, where gw2 is on sale, botters can afford to buy accounts continuously. As far as I know, a decent computer can run at least 10 bots at the same time. If you estimate an average of 2 weeks between ban waves, it’s still plenty of time for the botters to make enough money to actually buy back everything else. Even the small botters with 1 or 2 accounts never get eliminated completely, they just get stalled. Even if both their accounts get banned, they managed to make enough money to buy 2 other accounts and still have some cash leftover, they’ll just continue buying accounts, leveling them and botting. But obviously the “small fry” don’t do that much damage. People botting with 1 or 2 accounts usually have a main account that they play on, and they use the money made by botting to buy fluff and cash shop items.
If ANet wants to get rid of bots, they need to draw more people into more and different low level zones faster. That way people can catch botters faster and shut them down before they become able to farm in orr.
I’ve seen different videos and people talking on different forums. It seems just by botting in Orr can net you 100g in 2 or 3 days without you doing anything.

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

As a necromancer i find it annoying that people assume i’m a bot just because i farm mats or whatever i do, even when i answer them in map chat they still call me a bot…. so don’t report every one you see, try and see if it’s a real person first before giving out a report please

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Guess I’m a noob, but what exactly are Necro Minion Master Botters? and how would you know when you see one?

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Guess I’m a noob, but what exactly are Necro Minion Master Botters? and how would you know when you see one?

They move in strange ways/paths (for several reasons actualy), they randomly dodge in combat, they perform a very scrypted and clear not optimal or ‘on the fly’ cycle of skills (very easy to tell), they usually have random nicknames such as “Addkkrtyer” “Rtyufgjasmg”, etc., etc.

You just have to know how the program makes the character behave, then they become even easier to spot.

I’ve seen lots of these MM necros as of late too.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I was thinking I’d seen quite a few more necros in Orr.

Strange that so many of them are bots though. I thought Diminishing Returns fixed botting. Makes you wonder if that is what DR was really about.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

They move in strange ways/paths (for several reasons actualy), they randomly dodge in combat, they perform a very scrypted and clear not optimal or ‘on the fly’ cycle of skills (very easy to tell), they usually have random nicknames such as “Addkkrtyer” “Rtyufgjasmg”, etc., etc.

You just have to know how the program makes the character behave, then they become even easier to spot.

I am wondering if my Minion Mancer Necro will get reported just for being a Minion Mancer Necro?

I am probably not the most optimal player in the world. I do tend to dodge at odd times, only opting to dodge when the enemy telegraphs a very obvious attack that will quite obviously hurt, instead of trying to dodge every single freaking attack that the enemy drops on me.

I tend to drop my own attacks in what is probably not the most efficient manner, using attacks that I feel will benefit me the most at the time I use them, instead of following some obvious attack pattern that other people think is the most optimal.

And I have a rather random nickname, it is of course Latin and basically means “The Walking Dead” when translated into English, but you would have to have a basic understanding of Latin to realize that fact. Otherwise it would look like some random script.

So would I be vulnerable to being reported by some random player just because I run a Minion Mancer? I would like to hope not… but since people appear to be randomly reporting Minion Mancers just because they are running Minion Mancers in Orr, it does have me wondering.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am wondering if my Minion Mancer Necro will get reported just for being a Minion Mancer Necro?

I am probably not the most optimal player in the world. I do tend to dodge at odd times, only opting to dodge when the enemy telegraphs a very obvious attack that will quite obviously hurt, instead of trying to dodge every single freaking attack that the enemy drops on me.

I tend to drop my own attacks in what is probably not the most efficient manner, using attacks that I feel will benefit me the most at the time I use them, instead of following some obvious attack pattern that other people think is the most optimal.

And I have a rather random nickname, it is of course Latin and basically means “The Walking Dead” when translated into English, but you would have to have a basic understanding of Latin to realize that fact. Otherwise it would look like some random script.

So would I be vulnerable to being reported by some random player just because I run a Minion Mancer? I would like to hope not… but since people appear to be randomly reporting Minion Mancers just because they are running Minion Mancers in Orr, it does have me wondering.

I don’t think you have to worry too much- most bots are very clearly bots,

most people I know of also try and /say, whisper the person first before reporting, look at the account name and things like that.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Also, you don’t get banned just for being reported. The devs run pretty serious checks on any account that is reported, and they’ll know soon enough if you are a bot or legit. So I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. For all I know I’ve been reported a ton of times, as the playstyle described above as being that of a bot is totally familiar to me, lol!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

As a necromancer i find it annoying that people assume i’m a bot just because i farm mats or whatever i do, even when i answer them in map chat they still call me a bot…. so don’t report every one you see, try and see if it’s a real person first before giving out a report please

They don’t ban based on a report. They investigate. We have no way of proving it, they do. “Shoot ’em all and let God deal with ’em.”

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

On the sunny sde, it sure is nice to stroll through Orr after the bots have cleared it. There are several bots, the first one I noticed every time I was farming Orr, at different times and different days, she was always there. As a courtesy, you should always whisper someone before reporting and even then they may not have that chat window up.

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

My Necro MM is not a bot, now point to me to the champ train…. wait….what…no way…bugger.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Also, you don’t get banned just for being reported. The devs run pretty serious checks on any account that is reported, and they’ll know soon enough if you are a bot or legit. So I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. For all I know I’ve been reported a ton of times, as the playstyle described above as being that of a bot is totally familiar to me, lol!

You know that for certain or just making an assumption?

Can’t say about this game, but in another MMO, I know for a fact they didn’t carry out proper checks before acting.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I run quasi-MM necro, looks like MM on the outside, hell back last year when there were lots of bots, I’d sometimes run with the bots, especially in Orr, it’s a quick and dirty way to make some gold. Tag up the mobs and let the bots do the heavy lifting. Personally, I never report bots for one reason, not that I agree with what they do, but the more bots in the game, the lower the prices in the TP are, and this is something I do care about. When ANet did the big bot purge last year, ~35000 bot accounts in one night, you could just watch the prices going up pretty much hourly because, Who was putting most of the supply in the TP at the time?…bots.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

When ANet did the big bot purge last year, ~35000 bot accounts in one night, you could just watch the prices going up pretty much hourly because, Who was putting most of the supply in the TP at the time?…bots.

This here…. It’s a shame DR punishes normal players more than it does the bots. Wonder if Anet is ready to admit they made a mistake here.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Cheaters exist in every game. If anything, bots will only increase the longer this version of the game is out as more and more loop holes in the API are discovered. I understand the frustration that people are setting their bots to farm while they work so they can have one (or many), real toon(s) that has every toy in the book while we have to work for every scrap but you cannot fight something that ANet cannot stop themselves. And ultimately, how do you curb it, it’s not the game, it’s the users, you have to convince humans not to cheat and to earn what they have.

Good luck with that one.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Strange that so many of them are bots though. I thought Diminishing Returns fixed botting. Makes you wonder if that is what DR was really about.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DR’s reduction on player income pushed more people toward botting/black market gold sellers, thus making up for the fact that DR reduces bot income.

DR’s just like DRM. It hurts the honest customer more than the dishonest.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

MM necros are viable now? I’ve been slowly leveling my necro as an MM. I assumed that once I hit 80 I’d have to change specs due to MM not being viable. So I guess that means I don’t necessarily have to give it up. Just need to find a good build at 80….

Leamas.5803

I wouldn’t be surprised if DR’s reduction on player income pushed more people toward botting/black market gold sellers, thus making up for the fact that DR reduces bot income.

DR’s just like DRM. It hurts the honest customer more than the dishonest.

Of course it does. Or people simply leave as we saw with Diablo 3, but Blizzard’s ego caused much of that. ANet seems to have managed that balance of poor drops and cash shop up to this point while maintaining a player base, but I question how long they can keep it going with these small updates and vertical progression and the grind that comes with that. The grind involved in getting ascended gear and legendary gear is inconceivable to most casual players…the players GW2 was originally marketed to. I question the long term viability of GW2 since it has essentially become not much more than a gold grind which may put off a lot of new players.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Today I learnt Cthulhu runs a MM necro…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Please look closely at these characters before you report them. Even if staff members review the reports, it is silly to waste their time with real people doing some farming.

I remember having a huge guild that was farming Orr telling mapchat to report a player, but when I found that player and died next to them, they rezzed me and invited me to a party to farm. Not typical bot behaviour, yet they were certainly reported by many others.

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

I find this post hilarious. Because I have a friend whom I know for certain is not a bot, yet his Ranger’s character name is a bunch of random letters all jumbled together for no apparent rhyme or reason. Why did he do this you might ask? Why not? It’s easier than coming up with a fake real name.

And yes, I already posted in response to this post before… but I felt that this really needed to be pointed out. That even legitimate players can have random nonsense names on their characters too.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

If they do ban botters it’s still very hard for them to keep up. The thing is with all the offers going on, where gw2 is on sale, botters can afford to buy accounts continuously. As far as I know, a decent computer can run at least 10 bots at the same time. If you estimate an average of 2 weeks between ban waves, it’s still plenty of time for the botters to make enough money to actually buy back everything else. Even the small botters with 1 or 2 accounts never get eliminated completely, they just get stalled. Even if both their accounts get banned, they managed to make enough money to buy 2 other accounts and still have some cash leftover, they’ll just continue buying accounts, leveling them and botting. But obviously the “small fry” don’t do that much damage. People botting with 1 or 2 accounts usually have a main account that they play on, and they use the money made by botting to buy fluff and cash shop items.
If ANet wants to get rid of bots, they need to draw more people into more and different low level zones faster. That way people can catch botters faster and shut them down before they become able to farm in orr.
I’ve seen different videos and people talking on different forums. It seems just by botting in Orr can net you 100g in 2 or 3 days without you doing anything.

A minor correction.

Botters don’t buy accounts. At least, not with their own money. Goldseller Bots are almost always bought with fraudulent credit card info. Often info gathered directly from the customers dumb enough to buy currency from them. The price of the game is irrelevant, because it’s no actual expense to the Botters.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Leamas.5803

You know, you’d think the money trail would be easy to trace. The bots have to siphon that gold to some other account through probably the mail system. Once a bot has been positively identified, the account should be locked as well as any account it sent gold to, with an appeal process for those whose accounts were locked. ANet does some press releases about the approach, within a matter of months, the problem is solved as the word gets out because people are too afraid to buy money from gold sellers. My personal opinion is that ANet never really cared about the bots or gold sellers all that much. Really, if they actually kill all the bots, then they lose their justification DR. Teleporting bots is another example, these should be dead simple to identify and kill. Why do they still exist?

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

You know, you’d think the money trail would be easy to trace. The bots have to siphon that gold to some other account through probably the mail system. Once a bot has been positively identified, the account should be locked as well as any account it sent gold to, with an appeal process for those whose accounts were locked. ANet does some press releases about the approach, within a matter of months, the problem is solved as the word gets out because people are too afraid to buy money from gold sellers. My personal opinion is that ANet never really cared about the bots or gold sellers all that much. Really, if they actually kill all the bots, then they lose their justification DR. Teleporting bots is another example, these should be dead simple to identify and kill. Why do they still exist?

Not if they use the tp to transfer money between accounts.

Leamas.5803

Not if they use the tp to transfer money between accounts.

The TP is account bound…unless they low-ball sell stuff, then immediately buy it with another account to resell. This would work, I suppose, but would require a lot of manual intervention.