Orr and the future of GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

is the rebuilding of Orr eventually going to be part of the Living World content series?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

For Orr to be rebuilt would mean that the human gods are a-coming. So, I doubt it would be part of the Living World (at least at this season)

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

For Orr to be rebuilt would mean that the human gods are a-coming. So, I doubt it would be part of the Living World (at least at this season)

i don’t think that’s a requirement at all. No reason it can’t be built as a refugee city or something.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Um.

On what basis? Building.. Well, buildings.. Doesn’t require gods.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

I’m thinking that part of Orr might become the new home of the Sylvari. Only speculation, but there’s some reason for it.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

I think with the defeat of Zhaitan, it would be nice to see the risen begin to thin out and Orr begin to heal a bit. That would really make the game feel like it’s living IMO.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

But what about the new players

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I think this would be a very cool idea to see Orr heal. The healing of Orr has to be balanced by not affecting the story for new players but at the same time giving the island a feel that it is being rebuilt. Would it be possible to add a new area in the island of Orr? Maybe a new temple can be built with a new city being built along side. An event of the temple could be a failed attempt to summon the gods and it goes terribly wrong and evil monsters get summoned instead! The new city trying to defend itself from this new evil. Maybe the new area will have more influence of the mysterious Largos since it is an island bordering the Unending Ocean. More brainstorming would have to be done but these are just a few ideas.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I think with the defeat of Zhaitan, it would be nice to see the risen begin to thin out and Orr begin to heal a bit. That would really make the game feel like it’s living IMO.

and then we lose the only profitable open world zones, that don’t require grinding.
…unless you limit it to straights of devastation/malchor.

messing w/ cursed shore is a no go.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

I think this would be a very cool idea to see Orr heal. The healing of Orr has to be balanced by not affecting the story for new players but at the same time giving the island a feel that it is being rebuilt. Would it be possible to add a new area in the island of Orr? Maybe a new temple can be built with a new city being built along side. An event of the temple could be a failed attempt to summon the gods and it goes terribly wrong and evil monsters get summoned instead! The new city trying to defend itself from this new evil. Maybe the new area will have more influence of the mysterious Largos since it is an island bordering the Unending Ocean. More brainstorming would have to be done but these are just a few ideas.

The Existing area only covers half the island, so there’s room for a new area. That is a good idea. I for one would like to see that. To keep it from interfereing with the existing story the area could be locked out until you complete the PS. For example a guard could be outside the gate and say, “keep back, by order of the pact. Its too dangerous.” or something…. then when you complete the dungeon you get an unlock to the area. The new map would logically follow the story.

(edited by steveway.3167)