Orr disappearing ghost ship [Bug]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’ve noticed a thing that really creeps me out while swimming in Cursed Shore. I don’t know if this should be in the game bugs section but here it is. Multiple times, while moving from the Cathedral of Silence up to the underwater section to the north, I’ve noticed a wrecked ship that’s approximately to the right of an underwater skill challenge. If I try to approach it, it vanishes at a certain distance and never reappears again, unless I go into a loading screen. You can get much closer approaching from another angle, but it still vanishes after you get too close to it. I’ve talked about this in map chat, but nobody seems to notice the issue. Am I going crazy or what?

Here’s some screenshots. P.s. someone do a creepypasta of this.

Attachments:

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Seven days.

/fifteencharacter

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Here’s some screenshots. P.s. someone do a creepypasta of this.

I was at home playing GW2 and my phone started to ring. I didn’t recognise the number, but I picked up anyway – I was waiting for an Event chain to start up again.

‘Hello?’ said I.

Nothing could be heard, except the distant creaking of wood and rope, rustling of sails and the swish of the sea.

I thought it was an error or something, so I hung up and continued playing. Several minutes later, the phone went again – the same number.

‘Hello hello?’ said I. Still no response and still the same sounds. Could I hear a seagull in the distance?

I hung up again, perturbed. What was going on? Was someone trying to call me and was being interrupted by weird interference?

I don’t know about phones – I just know that they sometimes make noise and you have to push the button and then I hear voices coming out from one end. You speak in the other end and sometimes it’s someone I know and sometimes not. But I was determined to get to the bottom of this mystery, so I tried to trace the call using Hacking Techniques that have been passed down through my family since my great-great-great-grandfather’s day. When they didn’t work, I read the caller display for the last caller.

‘Wait,’ I muttered. At the edge of my senses, I could smell seawater, ‘I recognise that number.’

It was mine.

The call was coming from inside the house.

And then I was a boat.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

If I recall correctly, that’s where you have a story mission if you choose the Whispers choice of action… maybe the model is loading incorrectly even outside the story mission, but I think for novelty show we can call that “Orr Ghost Ship”.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You know, I think the SCP Foundation has it covered.

Edit: No I’m not linking it. It’s not safe for anyone, let alone work, and I’d rather you just Google it yourself

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You got a point there Danicco, I recall that mission. Thanks for pointing that out, guess a mod can move the thread to the game bug section?

Thanks everyone for your replies, especially Proxy, I got a nice laugh out of your post Here’s a cookie.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Gunsei.4870

Gunsei.4870

I had a really similar bug in Queensdale where, from afar, I could glance at the giant earth elemental from the starting instance and as I got nearer, it changed into the mound with the skill point…

I’ll see if I can reproduce the effect with one of my characters and try to take a screenshot this time.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yes i see that happen all the time and not just in Cursed Shores but in the Straits of Devastation West of the new wp. I always thought that was weird when i approach it how it suddenly just vanishes. Glad it wasn’t just me.