Orr drops fixed?

Orr drops fixed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Was there a hotfix or is my husband getting really lucky? He’s getting as many rare drops as we used to when we farmed Orr before the November patch.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I was on a winning streak today as well. Rares from Orr and 2 exotics from dragon chests. We’ll have to wait and see how long it lasts.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Dun dun dun shock horror drops were never nerfed.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Perhaps not intentionally and not directly, but there wasnt a long thread about loot for no reason and there isnt a sticky about it for no reason. Whether it is due to an overzealous DR (or bugged which is what Im thinking) or something else entirely, who knows. It never was just an issue in orr either.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Tell him to farm as much as he can. My drops “fixed” after a support ticket but it didn`t last long (a week maybe) and then back to broken DR.
Good luck.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

What’s to fix? according to anet, drops are fine, yet the majority have noticed a huge discrepancy between what they’re saying and what is actually happening.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Orr drops fixed?

CobaltSixty.1542

Let me fix that for you.

The majority of people who post on the official forums (the 5%) who also think anet changes the salvage rate of ectos on the fly whenever they don’t get an ecto every time think there is a huge discrepancy between what they’re saying and what is actually happening.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The drops problem, as I have experienced it, is that if I kill a lot of foes in a short period of time (ex: zergs), I’m likely to see what I suspect is DR.

If I log in the next day, before 5pm PST, I get very little in the way of loot. BUT, after 5pm, it goes back to normal.

So, if you get hit with DR, try scheduling your next play event for after “DR reset” and please let me know how that worked out for you!

Orr drops fixed?

Aelaren.3784

The majority of people who post on the official forums (the 5%) who also think anet changes the salvage rate of ectos on the fly whenever they don’t get an ecto every time

You mean, like this for a couple of months?
http://i46.tinypic.com/2j51mgz.jpg >> http://i45.tinypic.com/2hhgcn8.jpg
Yeah. Petty whiners, those.

I wont even post all the links to threads about loot nerfes (and believe me official forums are not the only place you can find them).

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I wont even post all the links to threads about loot nerfes (and believe me official forums are not the only place you can find them).

Suspected loots nerfs. So many players have been so quick to say that loot drops were nerfed, yet it’s curious how none have ever been able provide any evidence beyond rumors and their own perceptions. Nor has anyone been able to explain why posted sales of these items hasn’t dropped in the TP, which would logically happen were drop rates to be decreased.

EDIT: I’m not saying ANet didn’t up the rates, but there was never any real evidence that they were dropped in the first place, so maybe they just decided to give in to what the playerbase (or at least part of it) perceived rather than telling people to just deal with reality.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

While I never thought the loot was as bad as people make it out to be, I will say that after playing 500 hours I got my first exotic drop on Saturday. I got my second this morning, along with 6 rares over the same time period. Could be luck, could be a change, we’ll see

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Orr drops fixed?

CobaltSixty.1542

The majority of people who post on the official forums (the 5%) who also think anet changes the salvage rate of ectos on the fly whenever they don’t get an ecto every time

You really proved something with a screenshot of an N=12 sample…

I bet you never took a screenshot the times when you got 18 ectos out of 12 rares.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Oh good. You did 12 salvages. That conclusively answers any question about rate of return.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/PSA-There-has-been-no-Ecto-Nerf/first#post845139

I made this post a month and a half ago.
I have not stopped doing mass salvage batches. My answer for you is still the same.

However the original poster’s mention of Orr drops is the one that intrigues me.
For a long time I did track Orr drop volume, attempting to quantify boundaries by using the Grenth run. I tracked average rares per run, lodestones per run, approximate length of run, used a consistent 200% magic find, made sure to avoid DR, always formed a full party when possible, etc. etc.

I know that there are too many variables to consider, not to mention that being fairly unable to measure kill(drop) volume leaves me unable to quantify rate. In addition, we get into the variance of monster kill spread (elementals, shades, risen, spiders, etc.)…

In spite of it all, though, I couldn’t shake this notion that for whatever reason, the drop rates in Orr were substantially reduced. I noted constant data points of between 5 and 9 rares per Grenth Run prior to that large 11/15 patch. You may remember that patch allegedly buffed Veteran/Champion drops, etc.

After that patch, most of my data points read 2 rares or fewer. Very rarely did I even see 4 rares, whereas prior, I even had data points that went up to the high teens (17, 18).

Obviously, the first 10 times, I just said to myself that it was variance, but beyond that I was really inclined to think something was wrong. Porous Bone drop rates went up ~33%, a non-negligible increase given that a single item was something pretty concrete, and quantifiable. I used those and the Ice Stones as my primary way of measuring kill volume, reasoning that on average, they would increase or decrease linearly based on how many individual drop instances I had per run.

Being a very stern proponent of using large sample size to mitigate random variance, I was obliged to collect more sufficient data before jumping to conclusions.

The porous bone issue was particularly curious. It really nullified many of my theories as to why I would be getting fewer rares. Was the lower rare drop a basic function of, for whatever reason, me killing fewer monsters? Then why would I have more bones? Should they not be a 1:1, linear ratio with kill volume? Why was I not experiencing a similar increase with Ice stones?

I was willing to burn my time for science up to December, when I stopped doing Grenth out of the rationale that enough was enough. I do not force the conclusion upon the rest of you, but at least personally, rare loot drop in that event has gone down about 50% post 11/15, and junk loot drop increased by 33% (I concluded that the drop frequency was not changed, but the table shifted heavily downward in quality) Interestingly, lodestone rate and ice elemental junk:item ratio stayed fairly consistent, but it again is a difficult thing to say for sure. The lodestone itself is a very rare drop, and is forced from Grenth runs via high kill rate. Good luck or bad luck will skew the data massively.

This post has at least prompted me to go and try to take a look one more time.

(edited by LFk.1408)

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I simply want to see rares/exotics a little more often.

To put it simply, I shouldn’t be getting blues for fighting the Claw of Jormag…….ever.

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Just weighing in really fast: I’ve been having consistently decent drops for about a week now. So, perhaps?

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

Orr drops fixed?

Aelaren.3784

So many players have been so quick to say that loot drops were nerfed, yet it’s curious how none have ever been able provide any evidence beyond rumors and their own perceptions.

They are only “perceptions” in that nobody thought of making screenshots of drops prior to nerf. There are enough screens and data of nerfed drop though. Two threads worth of it just on that forum (merged closed thread and a sticky one, some 20+ pages).

I bet you never took a screenshot the times when you got 18 ectos out of 12 rares.

No, I have not, because prior to patch I never thought I would need one.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

RNG giveth and RNG taketh away.

/thread

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Orr drops fixed?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I still get alot of ectos from level 80 rares when salvaging with a black lion salavge kit. Often 2-3 per rare. However this has NOTHING to do with the current situation on world drops.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over