Orr is dead

Orr is dead

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bradesco.9621

Bradesco.9621

Orr is dead, most group/temple events can not be done.

I just wonder why didn’t you realise it yet.

Where is our “downflow” system?

So slow development….

Orr is dead

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Kinda saw stuff like this coming when the game released and was my biggest concern about GW2. The dynamic events were a awesome idea, and a lot of fun…but regardless of how popular a game is, or hyped, it eventually dies down…and what happens to these events that require a large amount of players to complete? They get left undone and newer players suffer…

“inb4” “Join a guild and bug them to come help you do it”…While we’re at it why dont we spam gaming sites and forums to come as well? lol cus thats about as logical as that is…Hopefully theyll eventually add a decent party finder so those who want to group up for orr can gather and run it together

Orr is dead

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Of course it is dead it is full of zombies lol.
What the real issue is :
Anet nerfed open world loot drops and increased timers on events in orr in order to make people buy gems to convert to gold.
Because the only place to get gold and teh awesome gear is to grind fracs over and over and over you stay in LA. They funneled everyone to 1 thing.
So if you dont do dungeons and do open world stuff you spend 5X the work and time for the reward and by consequence give up.
They let the game stagnate so that people will buy gems and convert to gold or grind fracs.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

“Death… good”. That’s what Zhaitan’s minions keep sputttering out of their rotten mouths. So the area is full of death, but not necessarily dead.

Quite honestly, it’s not dead at all. I’ve seen people attempting Grenth 3 late nights in a row, an we did it again with 4 players (not that difficult, lots of nice loot.) I honestly believe that server population/playing habits have a bit influence on our perception of statements such as “Orr is dead”, especially if we are already biased in that direction.

I don’t like the idea behind Ascended gear having higher stats-HOWEVER, I must note that Orr was all not THAT populated before FotM patch, and it’s currently doing better than it was immediately after the patch (I am actually seeing a lot of “new players” there and forging new friendships with many strangers wandering around Orr.) So, yeah, FotM wasn’t a very hot update, but the game is alive and well-perhaps you have bad luck being in a server where people don’t want to do them when you are on (not trying to troll you/offend you, just being honest.)

The one temple which ALWAYS have problems is Balthazar’s, at Straits of Devastation. I have never seen it uncontested, and I don’t see many people trying its chain (however, I haven’t fully explored that are of Straits of Devastation in a whil;e, so who knows, maybe some people are doing it after all.) Even before Lost Shores patch, Balthazar’s temple seemed to be Zhaitan’s permanent possession.

Orr is dead

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

DEs need somthing to complement them and bring people out into the world much like the scavanger hunts we have had dering The big events. Even somthing as. Small as dilivering mail to semi random locations located near or even characters in the DE chain. (That will only take the mail and pay you after the DE is done.)

Orr is dead

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

I think ArenaNet’s vision of end-game zones was very blue-sky/unrealistic — that somehow there would be hundreds of players per world on the farming treadmill for Karma and gathering. Obviously, it didn’t play out that way because it isn’t fun and the number of people willing to do it for Legendary is very low.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

The pun in the title was intended… right?

Orr is dead

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

I think ArenaNet’s vision of end-game zones was very blue-sky/unrealistic — that somehow there would be hundreds of players per world on the farming treadmill for Karma and gathering. Obviously, it didn’t play out that way because it isn’t fun and the number of people willing to do it for Legendary is very low.

I agree with this post!

Orr is dead

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

NO! NO! NO! It’s because that MMO’s fail also. They launch new BETTER content and make the old one useless!

That said, make PVE something useless with the new things they launch in mini-expansions (fractals is an example), it can’t be right, it just can’t. New Players that will come play GW2 with the general PVE Maps “empty”, will surely have alot of fun playing with NPCs.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Orr is dead

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

That, and possibly forming roving militias simply to keep the major routes and points open. Instead, honestly not surprising, was that people congregated around the waypoints for the events with the highest ROI, and left it at that.

When it comes to MMOs altruism is a very rare act indeed.

Orr is dead

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

So slow development….

Orr is not dead on my server. Unless you frequent all servers, which I suspect you haven’t, you have no business making such false blanket claims.

Why? It is an accurate representation of the state of the zone. If you don’t agree and it bothers you that much, then why did you click on the thread and read it?

Because it is factually not true. We constantly have folks doing events in orr on my server and opening the temples. Just because you “feel” it is dead on your server doesn’t mean it is factually accurate across the board.

I cannot say I blame him or anyone else who speaks out against folks that make inaccurate blanket statements and falsly attempts to represent the opinion of everyone.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Orr is dead

Posted by: Bradesco.9621

Bradesco.9621

I am not sure which employee gave the “amazing” idea to center all game into dungeons and forget the “OLD” content.

Orr has being forgotten since Lost Shores event, and now even Lost Shores is dead, people don’t go there, there is nothing good there but a rich orichalcum vein.

I don’t see Balthazar dead since… I can’t remember. Lyssa? She is up forever.
Melandru? it is just stupid.
The only one who dies somethimes is Grenth.

[Edited by CC]

I will say something is dead if it is dead. And you don’t have to spend much time walking on Orr, Lost Shores, WvW to realise these places are pretty much dead.

I won’t even say about Caudecus’s Manor, Sorrow’s Embrace, Crucible of Eternity, The Ruined City of Arah all these dungeons are dead.

You, most likely, will waste your time, standing at Lion’s and yelling for group.

(edited by Moderator)

Orr is dead

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

nothing that a good grouping tool cant fix..

I hope they implement one..

where you can type “looking for 15 people for Orr events” and people will see the group list in a group panel from every map… and just click to join…. and of"c they all be in the same overflow…

/wish

Orr is dead

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

You guys do know Balthazar is always locked because it is bugged right? It is hard to complete without running into a bug that prevents its completion.

Also Orr is teaming with players on my server. We still have so many people at some events that it is near impossible to tag mobs without belonging to a party.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

What the real issue is :
Anet nerfed open world loot drops and increased timers on events in orr in order to make people buy gems to convert to gold.
Because the only place to get gold and teh awesome gear is to grind fracs over and over and over you stay in LA. They funneled everyone to 1 thing.
So if you dont do dungeons and do open world stuff you spend 5X the work and time for the reward and by consequence give up.
They let the game stagnate so that people will buy gems and convert to gold or grind fracs.

This is kinda an exaggeration and all actions listed are not necessarily linked to each other, its a great conspiracy but even though the conspiracy is false all things you mentioned are true. So it reflects the current state of the game, however your representation of that is false but is comprised of true things. What I’m trying to say is it doesn’t matter how you get somewhere if the end result is the same. While what you are saying is constructed in a way that this is kinda shady, the intention of A-Net may have not been shady but the end result is shady.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Orr is dead

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

In my opinion it’s not just Orr, it’s pretty much the whole PvE world.

Leveling an alt now in PvE is NOTHING like it was at the beginning. The world is much more “dead” now, far less Dynamic Events popping up (since there are less people to trigger them). My most recent alt “out-leveled” the heart quests in the first zone by level 7, and had to switch to another zone just to continue leveling without grinding since there wasn’t enough content. My original character NEVER had to switch to a new zone in the same level range because he had “out-leveled” content. There were so many dynamic events going on he was frequently under the level of the content.

The system they designed was perfect for the initial rush of players, when the world felt alive and exploding with things to do and so many people to do it with. But then two things happen:

1. The “rush” of players dies down
2. They design the end-game to focus on a dungeon

The first they couldn’t avoid, and was bad enough. It definitely didn’t help though that they decided the best end-game would be the end-game practically every other MMO has: Dungeon grind. Those two things together combine to make the PvE world of Guild Wars 2 probably the least exciting I’ve seen. Had I bought the game now and started leveling up my first character right now, I wouldn’t have had the stomach to keep playing.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

To be more precise it’s mainly un-dead. xD

Orr is dead

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

I dabbled in Orr a few times. I just can’t get into it.
The areas become contested again almost as fast as you clear them. The general respawn rate, combined with the constant CC from every single mob in these zones, is utterly ridiculous . The loot just flat out sucks for the time invested, and I have almost zero use for Karma because every karma vendor I check has worthless and ugly garbage on it, so no stats and not even a decent skin.

I’m really not into bashing my head into a wall just for entertainments sake, despite what you may have heard.

Conclusion: there is just no point in wasting my gaming time in those zones.

Orr is dead

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

We took balthazar with 5 people.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

We took balthazar with 5 people.

It is probably easier with 5 than 20.

Orr is dead

Posted by: daemon.1387

daemon.1387

They should add a weekly achievement + reward for Orr to encourage people to play it.

Orr is dead

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

You know a lot of this is going to depend on the server you’re on as well and good luck trying to switch to another since servers are either full or very populated. I recently switched from a full server to one which was less populated and Orr areas are very hard to find a group for but the one server I just came from was just as bad. You could always guarantee being thrown into an over flow if you headed to Lion’s Arch since everyone was doing fractals. Put better quality drops in another spot of the game and where do you think the majority of your players will go ?

Servers will play a part in areas being active or not but how and where items are dropped is currently the biggest problem. I love the open world better than any other spot or spots in the game but new content that’s just dungeon this or dungeon that will eventually hurt areas besides Orr. Loved those areas and still do I can’t believe there isn’t some sort of back up plan for what’s happening either because I can’t believe that Arena.net would have been that short sighted about what would actually happen. I’ve stated this before and I’ll say it again, the game we had at launch will not be the game we have a year from now or two years from now. They’ll also do things to ensure new players to the game can also play and enjoy it, they’re not making this game or the updates just for the people that’s here folks.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

Orr is dead

digiowl.9620

They should add a weekly achievement + reward for Orr to encourage people to play it.

Or perhaps guilds can earn prestige by capturing and holding waypoints.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Orr being dead is pretty much working as intended.

Orr is dead

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s not that their original design was flawed it’s that their nov 16th patch and sudden new focus has disenchanted many a player.

This game was never meant to have a gear treadmill of any kind, even a temporary one. It was never meant to be dungeon focused. And countless interviews (not just the manifesto) pointed to these two things not being their focus for obvious reasons, obvious we thought even to those devs they interviewed.

When ascended gear was released as the focus along with FotM everyone in the community who was experienced in mmo’s told them this exact thing would happen. (along with all of the other things that have since come true, like the requests for gearscore, dps meters, cross server LFG) and yet they ignored us.

It’s just like the loot issues of the game. If there aren’t fixes coming today in todays patch, you can best believe there will be very few players left even after this holiday fix.

I’m not saying this because I want them to fail quite the contrary but the honest hard truth of the matter is that you cannot manipulate your players gameplay and then say absolutely nothing when questioned about it and expect everything to be sunshine and rainbows.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Orr is dead

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

A month or 2 ago, there were people complaining about how too orr crowded and filled with people spamming events, now there are people complaining it’s dead. Why is this community so divide -_-.

yes it problem with one extreme or the other, but the majority of people will go to where it is more profitable, you can’t really stop that, and it hard to balance area like that.

Orr is dead

Posted by: kiko.4230

kiko.4230

Yep Orr is dead and many more.
Fractalas are Alive :|:|
Actually fractals in my opinion ruined the game.And thats my opinion and i dnt care what others say.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yep Orr is dead and many more.
Fractalas are Alive :|:|
Actually fractals in my opinion ruined the game.And thats my opinion and i dnt care what others say.

Fractals are a nice thing that ruined PVE. That’s just because the PVE Rewards are lame, and nerfed because the farmers.

It looks ANet wants to close down PVE and go instanced style like Diablo III in this kind of new dungeons / endgame content.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I’m on Ferg crossing, one of the lowest population servers , during the nonprimetime day hours we had three temples open in Orr. Defended Arah gates again many attacks. So it had nothing to do with population, just what the people on your server chose to do. I’m guessing you have overflow in LA?

Orr is dead

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

please stop discussion the thread name, it’s completely unrelated to the topic and disrespectful to the users who take this discussion seriously and want to talk about the topic.

Thank you

Orr is dead

Posted by: KWman.3012

KWman.3012

These undead zones take you 15 mins to travel 5 meters, or stuck in one spot just because of the quick respawn! I have no interest to explor these zones.

Yes, I am a Champion of an Egg.

(edited by KWman.3012)

Orr is dead

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

So slow development….

No it isnt’t. I’ve done Lyssa/Dwana 2x each in the last week. The trick is to get people to come join in on the events. Spam map chat in LA and orr zones “doing X temple” and link the waypoint.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Orr is dead

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

I hear they’re quite fond of halloween parties in that neighbourhood….

Orr is dead

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

No it isnt’t. I’ve done Lyssa/Dwana 2x each in the last week. The trick is to get people to come join in on the events. Spam map chat in LA and orr zones “doing X temple” and link the waypoint.

Done it for half an hour at Melandru’s Priest, nobody even answered and we had to give up.

Orr is dead

tigirius.9014

Done it for half an hour at Melandru’s Priest, nobody even answered and we had to give up.

Yep, and that’s IF you can get a message in before the thing tells you that you can’t post anymore because you’ve posted too many times.

smh. since when did it become okay to have to go to an overflow section of the world to poach people away from FotM just to get an open world event to occur on your server in a game that was supposed to be all about open world events? Does anyone else find that amazing? or is it just me?

Orr is dead

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Fractals in my opinion were a wrong decision that messed with the core of the game.

On the other hand perhaps it did manage to lock down and attract a specific portion of the playerbase, avoiding a whole other disaster. Who knows. All I know is that the world is empty, and stormwi.., sorry LA is packed.

Orr is dead

digiowl.9620

Anet should really have moved the FOTM staging area inside the gate. So that whoever wants to group up for fractals do not hang around LA. In essence making them behave like WvW, where if you want to participate you step thru a gate first.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

i have beat the “god” events more times with small groups than the large zerg fests that don’t rez, tap every mob for loot and don’t watch npc’s. IMO, it’s better without the chaos. Also, Lyss stuff is more fun just to farm the side events. Dwayna is fairly easy and a cool looking boss, Grenth isn’t bad and great drops, and I have no need for Balthazar anymore and huge groups almost never beat that one. I see opinion, but not an actual problem here.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Orr is dead

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Not just Orr, lots of other areas are just empty and I can’t find people for group events either :/

Orr is dead

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

Can all of you who say “it’s teeming with players on my server” and statements alike please let me know what servers you play on?

Also, letting us know that you don’t experience this problem is not helpful at all. Just because it doesn’t happen to you, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s been happening for months for many players, that it stops them from progressing, that it makes the game frustrating instead of fun. If all you have to say is “I don’t see it”, don’t say anything.

I was excited to see that a representative from Arenanet had replied on this subject. I wish it had been something other than “please don’t discuss the title”. I think the discussion itself (that has been going on for months) is far more important.

Orr is dead

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Please read this topic and show support for the idea if you like. It will solve many problems related to open world population IMHO.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/The-One-Solution

Orr is dead

Emerge.9640

Yep, and that’s IF you can get a message in before the thing tells you that you can’t post anymore because you’ve posted too many times.

smh. since when did it become okay to have to go to an overflow section of the world to poach people away from FotM just to get an open world event to occur on your server in a game that was supposed to be all about open world events? Does anyone else find that amazing? or is it just me?

Change the wording of your message? Bottom line, it isn’t hard to rally people to do these.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Orr is dead

Emerge.9640

Did you go to LA and the other Orr zones?

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Orr is dead

Posted by: Malzeth.2168

Malzeth.2168

All the devs have to do is un-nerf the events everyone farmed on Orr and the population will go back out there. That’s the reason no one is out there, there’s nothing to do.

Crystal Desert / Guardian, Ranger, Ele, Engi “pewpew!” “NO YOU FOCUS!!”

Orr is dead

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

On Maguuma Orr has slowed down a bit, but the only DEs I’ve run into that isn’t easily doable with a small team is the final stages of unlocking Arah, and Magalodon in CS, (because magalodon is hax). Maguuma has a bad late night/early morning problem, but I’ve seen big events completed at all times of day. YMMV

Orr is dead

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

My main complaint is that the events are so bugged…

Orr is dead

Posted by: alcedonia.7831

alcedonia.7831

Can all of you who say “it’s teeming with players on my server” and statements alike please let me know what servers you play on?

i play on sos. every time i go into orr, there’s people all around. and i play at weird times too because i’m in oceania.

some dungeons are kinda declining though. i can easily get groups for arah, but most of the time, it’s the same bunch of people. after a few runs, you start to recognize all their names.

i have no idea how to interpret that. because it IS easy to form arah groups (i can get one within minutes) but chances are i will recognize at least 2-3 per group because i’ve run with them before.

Orr is dead

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Orr is not dead on my server. Unless you frequent all servers, which I suspect you haven’t, you have no business making such false blanket claims.

His statement is based in his perspective, which is his server. Just because your server is not “dead” in Orr doesn’t entitle you to throw out his concern. You did exactly what you bashed him for — nice work.

Anyway, Orr is dead on my server as well (Yak’s). I’ve been waiting for days for Melandru’s to open up or enough bodies to show up to do it.

It’s a mixed bag for ANet to put in the temple content. It’s there to encourage participation, but at the same time it’s unusable by the few in Orr if there are insufficient players to perform the content.

There are a few ideas floated already about reviving activity in Orr. However the introduction of Fractals has really killed the “end game” for everything but fractals. I don’t see that changing as long as fractals remains more compelling than anything else in the game (you can fill in the blank with your own reasons for “compelling” as it’s different by Player).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Orr is dead

tigirius.9014

His statement is based in his perspective, which is his server. Just because your server is not “dead” in Orr doesn’t entitle you to throw out his concern. You did exactly what you bashed him for — nice work.

Anyway, Orr is dead on my server as well (Yak’s). I’ve been waiting for days for Melandru’s to open up or enough bodies to show up to do it.

It’s a mixed bag for ANet to put in the temple content. It’s there to encourage participation, but at the same time it’s unusable by the few in Orr if there are insufficient players to perform the content.

There are a few ideas floated already about reviving activity in Orr. However the introduction of Fractals has really killed the “end game” for everything but fractals. I don’t see that changing as long as fractals remains more compelling than anything else in the game (you can fill in the blank with your own reasons for “compelling” as it’s different by Player).

The other glaring part of this particular problem is not just the fractals it’s also the lack of reward for doing anything open world. If they’d just restore the loot and remove DR that would go a long way to restoring open world participation even in harsh lands like Orr. People would be alot happier and less inclined to complain if someone anyone would just talk to the public, if they do any hiring I think they need to get someone in here (forums) that can spend all day handling our questions.

But we can’t even get a response from anyone regarding why loot is like it is in the first place.

They really need a new PR department, we can’t ever seem to get answers from anyone no matter how long we wait or what we try. Pre-launch they were all about talking to people now all we get are closed threads, infractions for asking questions, and silence.

Orr is dead

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

the downflow system sounds like a fantastic idea! would certainly help the world feel more alive