Orr is empty - why?

Orr is empty - why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I recently created another alt and went back to Orr and those 3 zones are empty. Very empty. A lot of the places I used to visit are overrun (contested) and full of those annoying risen. It’s such an amazing visual place but its also so painful to play in.

- Firstly the risen are EVERYWHERE in the three zones, its just boring seeing all the undead. No variety. Different types of creatures not just undead would be a good start, and perhaps decrease the amount of them. Have populated areas but not just everywhere.

- Its a horrible place to move around or attempt to clear an area since the respawn time is very short, and the amount of snares and pulls are annoying.

- most of the bases are overrun since no one goes there anymore and its very difficult to clear an area if you don’t have others to help. Perhaps more events with NPC’s to clear them with your help?

Such a nice area but its so hideous to play in without a lot of people helping you, it was great when everyone was leveling but now its deserted.

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I can only answer for myself here, but I found Orr boring. The lower/mid level areas have far more in the way of diversity, more DEs, they just keep me more engaged mentally.

I have far more fun running round the lower lvl areas, helping guildies or just repeating DEs (I would say the Norn areas dont live up to the others tho)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

fractals kill Orr fractals kill all pve/dungeons

btw. go in another server with normal population. and u find group easy for farm, cathedrals allways open, ur server vabi or surnia?

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

One word: Risen.

The most annoying mobs I ever encountered in a decade or two of gaming.
And Fractals grind of course.

Polish > hype

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Tup.1803

Tup.1803

One word: Risen.

The most annoying mobs I ever encountered in a decade or two of gaming.
And Fractals grind of course.

Not only that but you use to be able to karma farm quite easily there. Now it’s just as hard as everywhere else and as stated risen are annoying and jam packed there.

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Ya best loot and gear is in fractals so no one goes to orr. They also nerfed open world loot drops to just above porous bones and it isnt worth the time to do the events. It takes too long to recover the way point cost ect. Now add in the risen and with less population there are more of them and cc stuns it isnt fun.
I did forget they also nerfed the plinx time so he spawns much less now a long with other reductions in events running.

Its just another bad grind without reward so people choose to grind fracs cause that is where it is at and stand in LA LFG all day.
One of the worst design decisions that is on par with Illum.

Also the vast majority of the player population has left the game for good.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

On Stormbluff Isle as an AEST player l totally agree with first post in this thread. Orr is dead our times. There are not enough people to complete events now that the initial influx of players has dropped off. Areas are near always contested and as above post says, drops are atrocious. Why grind there for porous bone.
Density of risen with insane skill range makes Orr boring and painful.
The cost of getting there is also excessive. Since it’s free to get to Southsun Coast and most go there now for Ori/Wood, a suggestion would be to make cost free to get from LA to Order headquarters to use Asura Gate.
Agree also that Fotm has killed much of the game including other dungeons & WvW. Only one way through Fotm to get ascended gear makes no sense, though as a long term Gw1 player I am completely against gear progression as mentioned in other threads along with many of my Gw1 friends, most of which basically have already left Gw2 in disappointment. Yesterday at around 10pm AEST there were around 20 people in LA in main area near Mystic Forge/Bank/Trading Post. Most were AFK or TP hawkers.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

(edited by Siliconmana.3816)

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Basically like as been said, Fractals. But also, the November Patch in general caused people to stop farming Orr.

There were nerfs to drops and to the events there. The things people used to farm, were nerfed into the ground to prevent them from farming. This in turn, made people leave Orr. As well as the introduction of Ascended gear and Fractals.

Orr used to be the place to farm Karma for the Karma gear, as it was the best way to get max stat gear in the game. And the skins weren’t bad either for some. But then Fractals released and gated people into a new tier. So naturally, they all left Orr and flocked to Fractals to farm the new content.

So now Orr is an empty zone with contested waypoints everywhere. So naturally no one wants to go there cause if you die, you are going to be doing a ton of running. And no one wants to spend all their time dealing with the tons of CC there and contested waypoints. It just isn’t worth the effort.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I like the ancient, mysterious and hostile feel of Orr, they did a bang up job on the visuals. But a lot of nails went into that coffin, the bugged events, at one point bots were really out in the open, ridiculous event timers messing up way point usage, and of course, our dear friends The Risen and their crackhead capabilities, add to that the poor rewards and Fractals and that’s a perfect recipe for tumbleweeds.

In short, Orr blows. I know that’s why I don’t bother.

Whispers with meat.

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I, personally, hate Orr. I think it’s… Orr-ible!

When GW2 launched, I said to some friends on another website that every other MMO dev team operating today should be kitten-slapped upside the head with a copy of GW2. By the time I got to Orr I no longer felt that it was every other currently operating dev team that needed a good kitten-slap.

There were moments, while I was working my way through Orr the first time, that I felt the zone was (perhaps) an (unconscious) expression of contempt from the devs toward the players. Either that, or they’d had an epic string of bad days…

Anyway. Reasons for hating Orr abound on these venerable forums, so I won’t go into b-Orr-ing detail.

The table is a fable.

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

The problem with Orr is the undead. Back when GW2 was being designed major game franchises were coming out with zombie games or add ons. I was cool to go around killing zombies. But since GW2 came late to the zombie party, its no longer cool, and unfortunately they have 3 entire areas dedicated to just zombies … I mean undead …

Zhaitan must be the most powerful dragon of them all, his minions have taken over 3 zones, no other dragon has that much influence in the world of Tyria. Lets see, there is Primordus whose destroyer minions we see in small pockets here and there. Then we have Jormag whose icebrood are scatters around northern shiver peaks but mostly in small pockets. Then we have Kralkatorrik whose minions only exist in an area he corrupted when he flew over the land towards the crystal desert. Then there are 2 other unknown dragons, one in the unending ocean whose minions we are yet to see, and the pale tree whose minions are the sylvari though their true nature might be that of the nightmare court, the Ventari Tablet has made the majority of them good.

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

Orr is beautiful and I wish it was not so over populated with Risen. In a game where death is not to uncommon, it’s a pain when every single res point seems to be always contested.

It’s best to just stay in the lower level zones and actually enjoy the game…

Orr is empty - why?

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is already a thread about this topic here : The tragedy of Orr.

Therefore this one is now closed to avoid duplicates.

Thank you for your understanding.