Other genres with the Guild Wars 2 engine?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

As with GW1, GW2 uses an incredibly beautiful gaming engine that is also wonderfully optimized – after all, my computer runs this game smoothly at high FPS even with all or most of the graphics settings on high , as opposed to games like (for example) The Secret World whose FPS number is quite a bit lower on my computer at mid-level graphics settings (TSW is still a pretty cool game, though ).

Which made me both wish and wonder: could (and perhaps should) ArenaNet use GW2’s engine to create similar games of other genres such as sci-fi, western, super hero, modern, etc.? Would the game engine allow the games of different genres to incorporate new elements (i.e. walking aboard spaceships, riding horses, flying Superman-style, etc.), and would the games be better with popular licenses like Star Wars, Star Trek, et al or with brand new universes altogether?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Sure they could. They probably wont though.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As much as we enjoy our community discussing ideas, sadly this post is not GW2 related and thus, has no place in the GW2 forums. We proceed to close it,

Thanks for your understanding.