Other language characters in chat.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Is it possible to get other language packs or characters incorporated into the chat? I wish I could use Korean and Japanese in chat, but I can’t.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think either Korean or Japanese is in the game at all.

It’s only possible to use Chinese characters on the Chinese servers (although they used to occasionally show up due to bugs), but since the game hasn’t been officially released in either Korea or Japan and those languages aren’t officially supported it seems unlikely Anet would have included them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

I don’t think either Korean or Japanese is in the game at all.

It’s only possible to use Chinese characters on the Chinese servers (although they used to occasionally show up due to bugs), but since the game hasn’t been officially released in either Korea or Japan and those languages aren’t officially supported it seems unlikely Anet would have included them.

Actually Korean IS in the game I believe, or it is at least supported by the API server. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2) “Valid languages are en, es, de, fr, ko and zh.”

ko is Korean and zh is Chinese. Perhaps the fact that the API server supports returning localized data in Korean is that GW2 is about to have a release in Korea? Obviously the Chinese is to support the Chinese playerbase.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It is possible to use Chinese characters on NA/EU servers, they’re just not very reliable. The traditional character set (Taiwan, HK, SG, Malaysia) is better supported than simplified (PRC).