Other players joining and kicking people.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kieran.6147

Kieran.6147

So I’ve recently returned to this game and have started checking out the raids.

I always loved this game for the community, however the behaviour of some people in the raiding scene is disgusting.

There was myself and 2 other players sat waiting patiently for roughly 30 minutes only for then a commander to join our raid group and instantly start kicking members and then proceeds to sit in the Aerodrome after ruining our squad.

How is this allowed for someone to just join a group and have permission to start kicking people off the bat and does the LFG Abuse report actually work?

It’s sad to witness this behaviour and previous behaviour amongst the raiding community =/

(edited by Kieran.6147)

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

The sad thing is, you’re going to get infracted for posting the person’s name rather than them being an kitten.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

gz you managed to find a troll. They exist everywhere, just go to Teq or any other event and look at map chat.

How to fix it?

Tag up (or have someone you know tag), if you are tagged up, then noone joining the squad can kick anyone (unless you specific give them promition to do so).

As someone who have raided alot, I have found the raiding community to best amoung the freindliest in gw2. Fractal runners are alot more eager to kick others.

That said, there are naturally always that 1 bad able :/

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

this is why i don’t raid. I used to raid in wow, back in 2007 in 7th ranked top guild in the world. If i wanted to raid I would play wow. They need to make raids so easy, that you can bring any class, and put in an auto join LFG system.

They need to make raids so easy, that you don’t need to be on discord to strategize. Whenever you make raids hard = you have to talk to people = you need specific classes = people exclude others = people get mean. If it was easier it would be on par with all other content on this game which would mesh better with the type of audience this game has (this is coming from someone who has GWAMM from gw1, legend from sPVP tournaments and does wvw regularly on Blackgate so I’m familiar with difficult content that gw2 has to offer).

I actually want to raid and do the content but after playing online games since 2001 I can’t stand doing this type of activity with others any longer.

Since MMO sales around the world are down I’d assume that most people don’t enjoy this genre anymore either for the same reason/s as stated above.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Kieran.6147

Kieran.6147

Edited to remove players name and thanks I wasn’t aware a tag gave power over the person who created the squad. I guess in future if no one has a tag I’ll just stick on that mentor tag to prevent something like this happening again.

I’ve just stopped mythic raiding on WoW and wanted a more chill layed back MMO which GW2 fits the bill perfectly which is why I’ve picked it up again and returned. The raids here are more chill/casual for me also which is what I’m preferring right now. It was just sad to see this behaviour for the first time on guild wars I suppose :<

But again thanks for mentioning about the tagging up situation

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know about a Mentor Tag sufficing. It may be a Commander Tag that’s needed.

Good luck.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Tagging up with a mentor tag does not allow you to from a squad.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So I’ve recently returned to this game and have started checking out the raids.

I always loved this game for the community, however the behaviour of some people in the raiding scene is disgusting.

There was myself and 2 other players sat waiting patiently for roughly 30 minutes only for then a commander to join our raid group and instantly start kicking members and then proceeds to sit in the Aerodrome after ruining our squad.

How is this allowed for someone to just join a group and have permission to start kicking people off the bat and does the LFG Abuse report actually work?

It’s sad to witness this behaviour and previous behaviour amongst the raiding community =/

Wow, this sounds terrible. I had no idea that some random Commander could take over someone else’s group like that. I guess forming a LFM for raiding is out the window for me now. Thanks for the warning.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol