Our reactions to farming nerfs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

You still don’t see past your own nose do you….

It is actually you doing the telling Vayne.. you keep telling us in almost every post you put out, how ANET have designed this game this way or that, that this is what so and so type od player does, or should do.

If you spent more time playing rather than preaching I would actually think you enjoy the game more, as it is you appear to spend more time on here preaching the gospel according to Saint Vayne. No one really cares about how you perceive the game to be laid out or how it should be played or who is “insert game style”… farming is just as bigger part of any MMO as dungeon running, story crunching, trade selling, and zerging… players choose to play the way they feel brings them the most fun and success… ANET merely provide access to do it. The only thing they liked to state in their manifesto is we don’t want players to grind… make of that what you want but every MMO since the beginning of time has grind… it has to in order to keep players logging back in.
Trouble is we see grind to mean different things.. levelling is a grind, running your story is a grind, hoarding loot and moneyz is a grind, crafting is and yes crafting that legendary is supposed to of been the pinnacle of your grinding efforts… the forge is a gamble and for those who enjoy grinding the toilet sometimes.
So your generalisations just don’t apply imo because people are people and they will do what they want, how they want, when they want… if they can.
If ANET close off all those areas that help players acquire certain things whether to craft, sell or stash then at some point the playerbase will retaliate the only way that makes any kind of noise.. they stop spending (hardcore and casual) and eventually they will drift to other MMO’s.

I know you like to play the white night on here and defend ANET as best you can, and I respect you for it, I too have done that on many occasions where I see fit and I don’t discredit your opinions as such… but sometimes you need to take away the rose tinted glasses and see the game as it really is not just how “you” know it to be.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It is actually you doing the telling Vayne.. you keep telling us in almost every post you put out, how ANET have designed this game this way or that, that this is what so and so type od player does, or should do.

If you spent more time playing rather than preaching I would actually think you enjoy the game more, as it is you appear to spend more time on here preaching the gospel according to Saint Vayne. No one really cares about how you perceive the game to be laid out or how it should be played or who is “insert game style”… farming is just as bigger part of any MMO as dungeon running, story crunching, trade selling, and zerging… players choose to play the way they feel brings them the most fun and success… ANET merely provide access to do it. The only thing they liked to state in their manifesto is we don’t want players to grind… make of that what you want but every MMO since the beginning of time has grind… it has to in order to keep players logging back in.
Trouble is we see grind to mean different things.. levelling is a grind, running your story is a grind, hoarding loot and moneyz is a grind, crafting is and yes crafting that legendary is supposed to of been the pinnacle of your grinding efforts… the forge is a gamble and for those who enjoy grinding the toilet sometimes.
So your generalisations just don’t apply imo because people are people and they will do what they want, how they want, when they want… if they can.
If ANET close off all those areas that help players acquire certain things whether to craft, sell or stash then at some point the playerbase will retaliate the only way that makes any kind of noise.. they stop spending (hardcore and casual) and eventually they will drift to other MMO’s.

I know you like to play the white night on here and defend ANET as best you can, and I respect you for it, I too have done that on many occasions where I see fit and I don’t discredit your opinions as such… but sometimes you need to take away the rose tinted glasses and see the game as it really is not just how “you” know it to be.

This post can be completely discounted because of your inability to understand what Colin is saying in the manifesto and it’s crystal clear. Taking a single line out of a whole bunch of lines out of context to try to make a point is what politicians and lawyers do. It doesn’t make them right.

Colin was talking about combat grind. He was talking about killing mobs to level. He was talking about combat, because he said, “We don’t want people to grind in Guild Wars 2, no one finds it fun, we want to change the way people view COMBAT.”

That has nothing to do with gear grind, legendary grind, pepper grind or any other kind of grind.

He was talking about like what happened in Aion when people ran out of quests and they could only level by killing bosses over and over again. It’s obvious to anyone who watches the manifesto and has a basic grasp of the English language.

I’m sure you do, so you’ve probably just forgotten the rest of the paragraph in your zeal to prove me wrong.

Posted by: lunshea.3261

lunshea.3261

I actually find it a more normal behavior spending time in the GW2 forums defending GW2, than spending time in the GW2 forums bashing/complaining instead of just moving on to another game

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

This post can be completely discounted because of your inability to understand what Colin is saying in the manifesto and it’s crystal clear. Taking a single line out of a whole bunch of lines out of context to try to make a point is what politicians and lawyers do. It doesn’t make them right.

Colin was talking about combat grind. He was talking about killing mobs to level. He was talking about combat, because he said, “We don’t want people to grind in Guild Wars 2, no one finds it fun, we want to change the way people view COMBAT.”

That has nothing to do with gear grind, legendary grind, pepper grind or any other kind of grind.

He was talking about like what happened in Aion when people ran out of quests and they could only level by killing bosses over and over again. It’s obvious to anyone who watches the manifesto and has a basic grasp of the English language.

I’m sure you do, so you’ve probably just forgotten the rest of the paragraph in your zeal to prove me wrong.

How much is anet paying you? It’s a little funny what lengths you go.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Vayne.8563

How much is anet paying you? It’s a little funny what lengths you go.

This would make more sense if I wasn’t speaking easily verifiable truth. How much is Blizzard or Perfect World paying you?

Gasoline.2570

Not a daymn dime. Also perfect world games are the worst trash and wow is too old.

Your move brotherman.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Vayne.8563

Not a daymn dime. Also perfect world games are the worst trash and wow is too old.

Your move brotherman.

Brotherman. lol Nice.

I’d love if Anet were paying me, but unfortunately, I do this stuff for free. Keeps me off the streets though.

Gasoline.2570

Oh I bet. You must be quite the troublemaker, you.

Gasoline.2570

Oh vayne will be here even after gw2 is dead.

Posted by: schwaahly.3254

schwaahly.3254

Yay I swung my sword and I swung it again and again till ad nauseam and you know what I got no lootz seems to be the norm ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnTJcjPhY

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

If you get no loot, why kill anything? Think I’ll log in later and just, you know, mooch about a bit…see what’s happening. Oh that’s right it will be those ‘dynamic’ events that occur on a set timer over and over again until the end of time. Might swing Volcanus about a bit in LA and reminisce about the good old days when I gathered all those mats to build it.

What am I talking about, I’m not logging in at all…it sounds far too boring.

Gasoline.2570

If you get no loot, why kill anything? Think I’ll log in later and just, you know, mooch about a bit…see what’s happening. Oh that’s right it will be those ‘dynamic’ events that occur on a set timer over and over again until the end of time. Might swing Volcanus about a bit in LA and reminisce about the good old days when I gathered all those mats to build it.

What am I talking about, I’m not logging in at all…it sounds far too boring.

Aaand this is basically whats happening all around the ingame community.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t think that Anet particularly cares if people farm or not, but what they do care about is not letting inflation get out of hand. People are saying that the farming nerf is causing the price of mats to rise, but they aren’t looking at the other side of the equation. In order for the price to rise, people also have to have the gold to buy the mats at the inflated prices.

I think Anet introduced the new content at Southsun and people started farming it like crazy. This caused prices to inflate faster than they wanted it to, so they nerfed Plinx. When that didn’t slow down the rate of inflation, they nerfed Pent/Shelt. If that doesn’t work, I’m sure there will be more nerfs incoming. I don’t think Anet enjoys kitten ing farmers off, but it will do what it has to in order to keep the overall economy healthy.

you are using this word “inflation” in a way that is completely opposite to the meaning of the word.

Items that are sold on the TP cause DEflation, the only major source of INflation in this game is CoF1, the only thing they haven’t nerfed.

The fact is that they want inflation because then it takes more and more gold to convert to gems, and you get more and more gold when converting gems so it leads to bigger numbers which make bigger sales. That is one of the reasons they haven’t nerfed CoF1 yet.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I do not agree with your assumption that casuals don’t pay for gems. In my experience, casuals pay far more than so called hardcore people and I will continue to do so.

In your experience of who? You? Well thats one customer ANet are making happy then I guess. Unless you somehow have have access to the bank accounts of everyone in the game that plays less than one hour a day of course.

I used to be fairly “hardcore” and occasionally spend cash…now I am “casual” because the game is so bad and I refuse to spend anything.

Great, thanks for the meaningless observation.

It’s quite logical that casuals will spend more in the gem shop. Many hard-core players have no very few commitments and can sink 30, 40 hours a week into a game. People with real life commitments that can play a couple of hours a day max are people that will feel they’re falling behind. Since many have a job, they could conceivably have extra money to spend on a hobby…and people do spend money on entertainment. That’s a proven fact.

So if this is your entertainment (and this game is far better for casual than hard core players anyway), you’re more likely to buy gems to get some gold, or buy stuff that makes the game fun for you.

Hard core players can farm gold to buy gems for certain things. That’s harder for casual players.

Vayne, your general assumptions are outrageous. “Casuals will spend more, thats a fact”. How do you know? Casuals might view this game as a pass-time hobby, something to do for an hour each night, and then log off, not taking the game too seriously. Thus, why would they spend money on it? If I am a casual, and I only play for a short period each night or every other night, why would I want to invest a lot of money in something that I spend little time on, and possibly care little about? Youre entire arguement is insane and infact contradicts logic.

Because casuals usually have a reason they can’t play more than an hour. That reason is a magical moneymaking thing called a job. While casuals would love to spend hours in game, they have to make do with spending gems instead.

As I said before, people tend to spend money on hobbies, especially if they don’t play them often. I do races 2 or 3 times a year yet bought a racebike for 400 euros. I do rally few times a year with a car that cost a few thousand euros to buy. I spend money in a game I can play an hour a day, 3 days a week. That’s just how people tend to spend money on hobbies.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

(edited by marnick.4305)

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

First of all COLIN is not GOD! He does not know what everyone is thinking, just like you do not know what everyone is thinking. Do you know what I enjoy? NO! Does COLIN? NO! NUFF SAID!

Now, unless you have something constructive to say, I suggest you find your way out of this post.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The latest case of “farming nerfs” was actually a bug fix. I’m aware of this because I was asked to help identify the issue. The area in question contained a spawn that was defined to have more creatures than spots for those creatures to spawn. So for example, 25 skelks spawning on 10 points. This is not intended. Not only does it just look absurd, it’s also leads to some extremely bizarre play conditions. This is one of those bugs that’s so buggy, the fact that our toolset even allowed this to happen is a bug. Another bug caused this bug. Bugception.

If we didn’t want players to be able to farm, we wouldn’t have put in the huge (and free) magic and gold find buffs for Southsun Cove. We wouldn’t drop loot from the giant mobs of creatures that appear in upscaled events. We certainly wouldn’t have put in chests that appear after events which cycle every 8 to 10 minutes. How quickly all of that content goes completely forgotten in the angered responses to a simple change to an area that was clearly bugged. :/

On farming in general, there’s a sweet spot that combines good loot with fun, engaging content. I think Southsun had that going for it, especially before certain aspects of the content were isolated as optimal. As someone who’s actively working on upcoming Living World releases, I’m aiming to find that sweet spot and hit it in a big way.

Did anyone else find this post interesting? I mean the pro-farming statements. All the Anet apologists here on the forums claim that Anet does not want you to farm, they just want you to play the game. In other words if you farm you are playing it wrong. DR itself is described on the wiki as “anti-farm code”. This dev post would appear to recognize that farming is an approved and integral part of the MMO genre both for normal character development and expansion, and certainly for any of the major goals (cf. legendary weapons) in a game.

As one who has played for years in several MMO’s, I have found the anti-farming attitudes on the forums mystifying. This post is actually hopeful in that regard. And, Anthony, I recognize that you all have made a number of improvements to “reward” in the game and am thankful for that. I believe most of the criticism is over a trending toward lack of reward that has existed in Orr since the February update. The content there now consists of major failure fests that offer little reward for entering combat. Fix Orr by returning it to the improved state of the January update and you will have gone a long way towards addressing the grievances addressed in this thread. And, Anthony, I agree there is a sweet spot. No one wants loot to rain from the sky simply because you’ve brandished your sword, and no one wants a loot wasteland. I wish you success in finding that sweet spot.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Vayne.8563

First of all COLIN is not GOD! He does not know what everyone is thinking, just like you do not know what everyone is thinking. Do you know what I enjoy? NO! Does COLIN? NO! NUFF SAID!

Now, unless you have something constructive to say, I suggest you find your way out of this post.

No one said Colin was god. Likewise, you are not god. Anet had a vision for a game. The vision obviously doesn’t fit your criteria, it does fit mine. I’m not sure why you’re having trouble with this concept.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Fix Orr by returning it to the improved state of the January update and you will have gone a long way towards addressing the grievances addressed in this thread. And, Anthony, I agree there is a sweet spot. No one wants loot to rain from the sky simply because you’ve brandished your sword, and no one wants a loot wasteland. I wish you success in finding that sweet spot.

I’m all for bringing Orr back to the old state .. but i bet if someone starts a thread about that there will be a couple of people jump in and complain that not all should be “faceroll” content that we can do while being Akitten .. or things like that. Even if this people themself don’t play there and run CoF all the time .. or whatever.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Did anyone else find this post interesting? I mean the pro-farming statements. All the Anet apologists here on the forums claim that Anet does not want you to farm, they just want you to play the game. In other words if you farm you are playing it wrong. DR itself is described on the wiki as “anti-farm code”. This dev post would appear to suggest that farming is an approved and integral part of the MMO genre both for normal character development and expansion, and certainly for any of the major goals (cf. legendary weapons) in the game.

Because it is. The devs just don’t want you doing it. Only CoF p1 zerkers are allowed.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Because it is. The devs just don’t want you doing it. Only CoF p1 zerkers are allowed.

That the devs want us to farm CoF is however contradictory to the theory that they want us to buy gold in the shop .. because .. CoF generates Gold while farming T6 mats not even doesn’t generate gold , it also removes gold from the game when we trade them.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

To achieve certain in this game items requires you to farm/grind there’s no way around that. Pick almost any exotic item/legendary/ascended item time(running the areas they drops from over and over), and luck (RNG akittens Finest) is required. Now this time is split between several things, depending on the player itself. We had fractals they used to be a great place to play and farm at the same time that got axed, from what it used to be imo. Orr/malchor’s leap have been axed as well as the event spawn rates, drops are bleah most times for the effort put in. That’s the reason CoF is so popular 1g in 5-10min based on your group, that’s not hard math to figure out if your going after an item/materials. But like people said its very mind numbing.. Arah a very cool area I think, the runs take somewhere between 1hr-2hrs based on the path you select yet most times the rewards are no where near what you get from a CoF run in 5-10 min. This is where I also feel there is a disconnect from Anet and its players, they say they don’t want you to farm etc. Yet the content that is slightly harder and way more time consuming gives you much less then a 5-10 min instance.

Next part to craft a legendary you need 2000 T6 mats at a minimum(hello that has grind/farm written all over it). Plus all the other parts that are required are also a grind even when there was some of these farming spots. In my humble opinion the stuff worth getting in this game requires extreme luck, rolling the TP game, or grinding for gold/mats. I believe they need to add more end game type content to appeal to a broader part of its player base and find a way to increase certain in game drops to give people something to work towards and at the same time keep the game enjoyable to both the casual gamer and the hardcore gamer who wants a gear grind. At this point I feel bad for any new player trying to make a legendary and having to collect all these T6 mats with the way they drop now. Because it’s going to be a grind for them.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

skelks is nerfed orr is nerfed champs is nerfed…..is there stil a place where i cant farm SOMETHING?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

CoF P1. Or farm IRL for gem money. IRL is more effective and fun than trying to get items in game.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Webborox.6473

Webborox.6473

Just because something is nerfed doesn’t mean you can’t farm it still. Stop crying.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Flipping is my farming. It’s not as fun, but more effective :P

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

flipping? IRL? what are those

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Oi, that thread got merged pretty fast lol.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

flipping? IRL? what are those

flipping – outpost activity by buying low and selling high for profit

IRL – in real life

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

No one said Colin was god. Likewise, you are not god. Anet had a vision for a game. The vision obviously doesn’t fit your criteria, it does fit mine. I’m not sure why you’re having trouble with this concept.

I never said I was, and I don’t say what people do and don’t like, cause people tend to have their own opinions on taste. Now you keep saying that people don’t like farming and grinding, well this post proves you wrong does it not? And if Anet said that, then once again, this post proves them wrong.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I enjoy farming, but I can see why it’s bad for the game’s economy.

Bit off topic – I swear, enemy npc’s tethers are so small when I try to herd, but when I’m just running past, they go on for ages >.>

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I enjoy farming, but I can see why it’s bad for the game’s economy.

Bit off topic – I swear, enemy npc’s tethers are so small when I try to herd, but when I’m just running past, they go on for ages >.>

IKR? Shame on players who want to play more than others

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Vayne.8563

I never said I was, and I don’t say what people do and don’t like, cause people tend to have their own opinions on taste. Now you keep saying that people don’t like farming and grinding, well this post proves you wrong does it not? And if Anet said that, then once again, this post proves them wrong.

I never said people don’t like farming. I’m saying the percentage of people who consider themselves farmers as a percentage of overall players is pretty small. Most players who “farm” don’t sit there with a stop watch and say OMG I only made 3 gold this hour instead of 4. That’s not typical game play.

The people who come to forums who complain about nerfed drop areas are not the typical MMO players either. That’s what I"m saying.

That’s not to say there are NO players that do this. But since they’re a rather small minority in my opinion (albeit a vocal one), I don’t think the game should be changed just for them, particularly if there’s a reason why it was changed in the first place.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

The latest case of “farming nerfs” was actually a bug fix. I’m aware of this because I was asked to help identify the issue. The area in question contained a spawn that was defined to have more creatures than spots for those creatures to spawn. So for example, 25 skelks spawning on 10 points. This is not intended. Not only does it just look absurd, it’s also leads to some extremely bizarre play conditions. This is one of those bugs that’s so buggy, the fact that our toolset even allowed this to happen is a bug. Another bug caused this bug. Bugception.

If we didn’t want players to be able to farm, we wouldn’t have put in the huge (and free) magic and gold find buffs for Southsun Cove. We wouldn’t drop loot from the giant mobs of creatures that appear in upscaled events. We certainly wouldn’t have put in chests that appear after events which cycle every 8 to 10 minutes. How quickly all of that content goes completely forgotten in the angered responses to a simple change to an area that was clearly bugged. :/

On farming in general, there’s a sweet spot that combines good loot with fun, engaging content. I think Southsun had that going for it, especially before certain aspects of the content were isolated as optimal. As someone who’s actively working on upcoming Living World releases, I’m aiming to find that sweet spot and hit it in a big way.

Coming in late, but I’ve been thinking on this today…

Was Southsun a preview of things to come? For example, Magic / Gold Find NPCs spread across Tyria?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Realistically, what does everyone think is gunna happen when cof gets nerfed?

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

It will cause a large shock in the market, which will cause players to lose confidence in its stability. This is likely the primary reason it has not been nerfed.

Players will then move to the next mindless farm spot, as rewards in this game are not commensurate with level of effort or skill put forth.

(Edited for great justice.)

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

(edited by Guns and Giblets.9308)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Shame on players who believe they are entitled to more in-game rewards merely for playing more than others, despite being less skilled.

Was Southsun a preview of things to come? For example, Magic / Gold Find NPCs spread across Tyria?

Yes. Not in having Magic Find NPCs across Tyria, but rather in making people play through new content not by having it to be fun or interesting, but rather by making it something easy to farm.

This is the price we, common players, pay for farmers. ArenaNet has learned that they don’t need to make a good, deep and interesting game – they can just keep adding Magic Find and farmers will keep farming.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
This is the price we, common players, pay for farmers. ArenaNet has learned that they don’t need to make a good, deep and interesting game – they can just keep adding Magic Find and farmers will keep farming.

I think they are more playing around with ideas on how to softly get rid of magic find on gear.

Edit to insert link
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-What-I-don-t-like/first#post1972867

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

@AnthonyOrdon. Out of curiosity, does anet have the tools to check how many ppl are on map “X” ?

https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/170659741574496256

They have tools to display player movements and congregation of maps in real time(or close to real time), so yes.

That is really cool!

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Shame on players who believe they are entitled to more in-game rewards merely for playing more than others, despite being less skilled.

Yes. Not in having Magic Find NPCs across Tyria, but rather in making people play through new content not by having it to be fun or interesting, but rather by making it something easy to farm.

The thing is, once you’ve played the content so many times the fun of the experience is no longer there or isn’t as rewarding. You can only do something for fun for so long before you get tired of it. The only motivation left is the loot. I think Anet is trying some new things with Southsun which is good, hopefully they can fix the rest of the game with what they learn.

GW2 is fun until you hit the end game. Dungeons are a pain, nothing more than a few interesting bosses with a bunch of tedious over buffed boring mobs separating them. The dragons and world events are a joke. The personal story wasn’t engaging enough for many of us to bother replaying it on our Alts. WvW was fun at first but eventually the zerg vs zerg lost it’s awesomeness. It is finally getting some attention but for many it’s too little too late. sPvP is fun but is still so unbalanced and the fact that Anet is spending so much time nerfing our farms instead of fixing what is broken is aggravating.

I still have hopes for GW2. I’ve put a lot of time into it. For the moment I will stick to my dailies and monthlies (which this month was done in SS cove cause that is where the rewards are) and kitten the rest.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I ran across this post and I had to disagree that the Southsun zone ever had anything positive going for it in terms of fun, engaging content, before or after the nerf. Overall I find it a poorly designed zone filled with so many annoyances and detriments that I avoid it like the plague and regret visiting it on the rare times when I do.

Southsun stands out because every other zone in GW2 is superior to it. ArenaNet seems to understand that travel is not interesting for MMO players. Waypoints allow people to quickly get where they want to go. Mobs, even the high level ones in Orr, can be avoided allowing people to get to anything fun that is occurring in the zone.

Then along comes Southsun where all of these concepts are thrown out the window. Mobs and the zone itself are designed to deliberately inhibit player movement, keeping them from reaching where something interesting might be happening.

It baffles me why anyone would want to inhibit GW2 players from gathering where they can cooperate and play together. Southsun seems to be all about keeping players apart by slowing them down by forcing them through annoying terrain or cc-spamming mobs or generally making the simple act of movement inconvenient and irritating.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe players like this ‘challenge’. ArenaNet has the metrics, all I know is that I can always find players running around Orr. On the rare times I visit Southsun to get some passiflora, I find it nearly devoid of people. Not that I can blame anyone for avoiding this mistake of a zone.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Guild Wars2: nerfs, mini jumping puzzles and mini games. Reaching dat facebook game status

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

How the hell did this thread catch back up.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I’m glad it got bumped. Loot drops are so low I don’t even bother farming anymore. I just log in, do my daily, and log out.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m glad it got bumped too. Vayne soloing the zerg again. Great times!

What are all those guys doing now I wonder?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

How the hell did this thread catch back up.

You can thank DoctorOver up there.
Seriously, necro is bad MMKAY?

I´m really stumped why this board lets the breach of this age old forum etiquette slip where it´s otherwise policed like a G8 Meeting.

Polish > hype

Vayne.8563

I’m glad it got bumped too. Vayne soloing the zerg again. Great times!

What are all those guys doing now I wonder?

Okay…this made me laugh.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hahahaha.
/15 char

where did this thread come from.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

apparently its been risen back to life…. but dont worry its a bug and we must not “exploit it”

Vayne.8563

They probably quit the game. I hope to see the day vayne is alone with the other 10 fanboys in lions arch doing belchers bluff and saying its the greatest thing ever.

Laugh all you want. My guild numbers are up. Not a huge guild but I’m happy with our 115 members….and yes, quite a few of us are very active.

I love people who think they don’t like a game so the game isn’t doing well. Two, three years from now, you’ll still be singing the same song.

And it won’t have any more truth to it then.

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

I’m glad this thread got bumped also…

I got to admit, I am really bummed that they nerfed the farming of the Arah giant event. It’s not that I farm all the time, but I really enjoy it as a mindless/relaxing activity when I have 30 minutes or so to kill. The Arah farm was very productive, and got me motivated about the game again.

Don’t get me wrong, I knew it was inevitable they would nerf it. But they have nerfed all the farm spots (that I know of) in this game, and Arah briefly provided a return of a decent farm. I don’t understand how people go around farming the Meta-events (you never make much of anything), and I am sick of the hassle and aggravation of trying to find groups for dungeons.

I find some of the temp content to be mildly interesting, but the rewards are silly. Lessee….some ghostly dragon wings….a 3-D map of a world….some crystal deposits (I haven’t found anything to do with the 300 crystals I already have)….?

So, when none of my friends want to run a dungeon or whatever, I find myself logging in, spending 10 minutes doing my daily, then not knowing what to do with the game.

I really wish each dungeon had a single player mode.

(edited by The Stain.4169)