Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Dear ArenaNet:

Your outfits are fun, but limiting. Let there be a gem store upgrade that allows the player to convert outfits to armor pieces so we can mix and match. Mixing and matching various armor sets to create your own is a tremendous amount of fun. Outfits are great, but please give us to option to modify them via the awesome wardrobe system you have implemented. Plus, you can make money this way.

I hope this happens. Thank you!

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

they don’t need to do that. they could just make the outfit panel like the wardrobe panel

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Dear ArenaNet:

Stop making outfits… that is all.

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Skyline Crash.6254

Dear ArenaNet:

Stop making outfits… that is all.

I actually like outfits, it’s actually my main set of armor. they just need to implement some changes

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

This sort of thread has come up time and time again. I’d recommend googling similar topics and having a quick flick through them.

Here’s a quick summary of why your suggestion can’t/won’t happen:

-New outfits appear often and are cheap because they are fast to design as they are one solid piece (apart from headpiece). Your suggestion would mean that the design process would take a fair bit longer, meaning fewer and more expensive outfits.

-Outfits will never be able to be mix and matched because how current armours work. Different armour weights cannot be mixed together because the game is not coded that way, and aesthetically it would be terrible. The waist-bands (for instance) on light, medium and heavy are placed differently, resulting in clipping if pieces were mixed.

-Outfits are inherently designed to be outfits- they are not built around the separate head/shoulder/chest/gloves/legs/feet template used for armours. There are features on outfits that would not make sense if changed to armour skins.

-Outfits and armours serve two different purposes and each fulfill their tasks wonderfully. Outfits have always sold better than armours- I assume this is one of the reasons gem-store armour skins will become a thing of the past.

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

This sort of thread has come up time and time again. I’d recommend googling similar topics and having a quick flick through them.

-New outfits appear often and are cheap because they are fast to design as they are one solid piece (apart from headpiece). Your suggestion would mean that the design process would take a fair bit longer, meaning fewer and more expensive outfits.

-Outfits will never be able to be mix and matched because how current armours work. Different armour weights cannot be mixed together because the game is not coded that way, and aesthetically it would be terrible. The waist-bands (for instance) on light, medium and heavy are placed differently, resulting in clipping if pieces were mixed.

-Outfits are inherently designed to be outfits- they are not built around the separate head/shoulder/chest/gloves/legs/feet template used for armours. There are features on outfits that would not make sense if changed to armour skins.

-Outfits and armours serve two different purposes and each fulfill their tasks wonderfully. Outfits have always sold better than armours- I assume this is one of the reasons gem-store armour skins will become a thing of the past.

Just some responses to your summary of why the suggestion can’t/won’t happen:

1) The art template/texture is the main part of the work. The rest fits over the character mesh. It couldn’t take terribly long to segment them into individually-togglable pieces (do you know how long it took fans to come out with new skins/textures for Skyrim after release?)

2) You’re keeping in mind, of course, that people who are looking to mix and match are (probably) not about to complain about some clipping. Some things will clip, others won’t. People aren’t about to wear something that looks ugly – unless that was what they were aiming for. That’s already possible without clipping issues. If you’ve even heard of Elder Scrolls Online, there’s tons of light/medium/heavy mixing-and-matching going on, and (clipping aside) combinations can look super cool.

3) It’s nice for outfits to be whole items/sets/matching, but it’s also awesome if we can use things we’ve bought with other things we’ve bought. People generally don’t wear single armor textures (scale, chain, etc… or even ascended); they mix and match things until they find a combination that looks even better.

4) Keep also in mind that if outfits sell so well, Anet would make considerably more money if they allowed people to choose which parts they are wearing. I’ve personally not purchased any outfit because I only like 25-50% of the elements of most outfits.

But yup, this kind of thread keeps popping up a lot. Some people suggest that pieces of outfits be bought separately… but I think that would just make the gem store a mess. We just need a more customizable outfit panel.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Skyline Crash.6254

True, but I at least wish you can toggle off shoulder and glove pieces

Outfit/Armor Suggestion

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

True, but I at least wish you can toggle off shoulder and glove pieces

Except the idea that it can’t/won’t happen due to those points… non sequitur.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian