Outfit Bundles... Please Split them up.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

I’m by far not the richest person on the planet, nor do i own millions of Ingame currency.

My issue is with all these outfit bundles coming out I’m left unable to play my fashionWars 2. Joking aside why are all these bundles coming out? why are players forced to buy all the other things in the bundle if they only want the outfit (which going by previous outfits costed around 700- 1000 gems). It just seems rather silly to only offer the bundle option.

My request is that you allow options for players to get specific items from the bundles so i don’t have to buy all the other things that i do not want.

example – make it so i can buy the glider on its own, buy the outfit on its own – Or i could Buy the bundle. But don’t limit my choices to just having to pick up the whole bundle because i only wanted 1 thing from it.

Baldur [SL]

(edited by zorokai.1486)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I 100% agree… I am quite upset that I can’t get the glider now

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve bought almost every outfit so far. I even converted gold over to buy the last outfit bundle. But it’s getting to be too much. I budget $20 and some gold to gems each month to buy gemstore items. With that I’ve been able to pick and choose items. I’m not willing to use my whole monthly gw2 gemstore budget to buy things I don’t want to buy just to get something I do want to buy.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

zorokai.1486

I mean its nice they give you the bundles as it does (i think) work out cheaper than buying most of the bits they give you separately. But sometimes its like – i really dont need or want them other bits… i just want X item and just X item…

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I couldn’t agree more. These bundles are awful. Why am I being forced to drop significant amounts of additional cash on items I don’t want and have no use for, when all I want is a 700 gem outfit?

Please offer the items separately anet, this is not okay. Please Anet. Make me open my wallet through the quality of your items, not by forcing me to purchase stuff I do not want or need and for which I have no use.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

I was waiting for that glider, since i saw it in hero panel.. today i got hit right into face. Maybe ill act like a kid right now, but this was the last time i bought gems, since HoT anet lost their mind.

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

I realy want the outfit … but 2000 gems ? nope !
I dont need a glider skin and the immortal weapon are to girly…

pls let us have the outfit only!

Posted by: NeoTerra.8327

NeoTerra.8327

I’m also bit sad. On one of my irregular visit on dulfys site I stumbled across the article about the new bandit sniper outfit and thought ‘Oh well that could be need for my engineer’ needless to say I really was looking forward to it.

It’s just to expansive for a outfit, with a glider and some other stuff and I fear that more cool outfits will be locked behind such a high gem wall in future.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Hey all

I really think the appearance packs are bad business and all they do is make you pay a lot for one item you want from the set, because more often than not you will not care about the rest of the item. Many people will find themselves paying 2K gems for 1 item that’s worth 700 gems, maybe 2 items for a total of 1000 gems, and then pay another 1000 on top of that.

Now, these packs would be fine if the outfits and gliders are sold separately too, and these packs would simply add a little bit of extra for your money in case you wish to obtain most of the items in the list. However, right now, if you just want the outfit you end up feeling pretty ripped off, especially if the dye packs end up RNG you to get 5 common dyes. Also, I think for most people the Total Makeover kit is more or less pointless.

A final note: Please, since launch it has been 30% off, just be honest with your costumers and remove that 30% tag but keep it at 2K. You have clearly priced it to be 2K.

TL;DR: Skins from the appearance packs should be sold separately for those that only want 1 item, because right now they overpay too much = bad business.

Posted by: NeoTerra.8327

NeoTerra.8327

I’m totally agree with you, I also really wanted that outfit but for 2k gems? No that is far to expansive but if they would split the bundle it would totally get the outfit.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I really liked the armor sets. I bought a bunch of them. Then they got rid of those and brought in outfits. I bought exactly one of those and never again. Why? I can’t mix and match them.

I haven’t logged into the game yet to see it, but is this a bundle only? If it is it’s a terrible idea.

1.) There are lots of people that don’t own or want HoT. Glider is useless.

2.) People that do own HoT may want either or but not both.

3.) This type of thing should have been in the game to earn for the price people paid for HoT. Is that just the bandit sniper outfit? It’s a pre-existing enemy outfit for players? You guys aren’t even trying anymore.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

zorokai.1486

@Iason Evan.3806 yup its only a bundle – they give you the following for 2000 gems
- Bandit sniper outfit
- Soul river glider
- Immortal weapon choice
- total makeover kit
- (5) shadow dye kit

i just dont get why its only in bundle form – i mean its clear they can release outfits and gliders on their own. This just feels a little greedy to only put the option of a bundle for 2000 gems (which is also 30% off..).

An option to buy parts would be soo nice to have. You cant even gift the bundle, which also kinda bums me out.

Baldur [SL]

(edited by zorokai.1486)

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

/Agree
sometimes business decisions seem good in the boardroom, but are received much differently by your customers when live.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I also support the idea of breaking up the packs at some point.

Maybe sell the initial pack first, like a preview, that way early adopters can buy their shiny. Afterwards pull the pack away but replace with the items broken out into their own purchases.

I liked the glider skin, I like the idea of the weapon skin, but I don’t care much for the outfit. In fact, I’ll go even further with my suggestion and say they should rotate in retired BLTC skins into the gem store for a short time.

We know they can set up quick sales, they did that with those wings earlier. The idea of picking your choice of old BLTC skin from a short time frame could generate frantic cash buys for them.

I see why they are doing this, but I don’t agree with it. Here’s hoping they will listen to us and break out these items later.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

not buying any of those appearance pack

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

To be perfectly honest it’s a complete d*** move. Guess all costumes will be like this for now on. I don’t want the Glider or the Weapon, I already have the glider I want and all my favorite weapon skins. Why force people to buy things they don’t want? I saw this coming a mile away since it was data-mined though so I’m far from surprised. Clearly they ignored all the unhappy feedback and released it as a pack anyways. Pretty rude.

Anet is turning into a Cable company apparently.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

These will probably become separate items later. This is a sales tactic to get people to spend more money earlier to get that cool item they want in the bundle. They will eventually separate them to get the hold outs who would have spent money on the item outside the bundle. However, we should still voice our displeasure and intent to hold out as it may make them separate them sooner, rather than later.

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

Atlas.9704

These will probably become separate items later.

I hope so, because that’s the only way my wallet will want to get them.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I bought the Crystal Arbiter pack only because it was on sell and I really wanted the outfit, and I definitely feel like I overpaid for it. I am much less likely to buy bundles most of the time, unless there are pretty extreme discounts involved.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Will never buy these bundle.

;)

SirMoogie.9263

Good. That attitude will only ensure they do this to finally net the market of holdouts.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Clothes are optional. Not needed in the game to play. They have only done clothes in the Gem Store for years and they will continue to be there.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

cant get in game right now, what does the outfit even look like? and the glider?

Atlas.9704

The sad thing is the themes are kind of weak.

Race packs would be neat, but then that risks alienating potential purchasers.

Qugi.2653

cant get in game right now, what does the outfit even look like? and the glider?

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/24/gw2-gemstore-updatebandit-pack-and-mini-sabetha/

;)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

@Iason Evan.3806 yup its only a bundle – they give you the following for 2000 gems
- Bandit sniper outfit
- Soul river glider
- Immortal weapon choice
- total makeover kit
- (5) shadow dye kit

i just dont get why its only in bundle form – i mean its clear they can release outfits and gliders on their own. This just feels a little greedy to only put the option of a bundle for 2000 gems (which is also 30% off..).

An option to buy parts would be soo nice to have. You cant even gift the bundle, which also kinda bums me out.

The frustrating part as a Ranger main is that this is exactly the type of armor that medium armor users have been asking for for ages. They totally ignore it and throw it in as an outfit that can’t be tooled around with.

The next QoL thing I want to see is them fixing their armor system so that it works better. That’s the only reason I can see that we aren’t getting new armor sets on at least a consistent basis.

If they aren’t going to include at least a fair amount of armor sets to earn in a boxed expansion, why should anyone buy the gem shop fodder that can’t be mixed and matched with pre-existing pieces? For $50 there should have been, at the very least half the amount of armor skins as in the base game included to earn. That’s not unreasonable when the asking price for the expansion was $10 less than the base game.

Heck, they should have put in 50 new dyes too and weapons and backpieces.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Brokenghost.9510

Brokenghost.9510

Also supporting the bundle break up!

It’s super pricey for 1 or 2 items that you’d like. About 25€ pack ( 2000 gems which is not even an option, you’d have to pick 10€ and 20€ pack for the cheapest option ), it doesn’t offer as much as it costs. From Steam you could buy a brand new game to give you more content than this. Hopefully other people understand not to just throw their wallet at the screen instantly when anet releases yet another outfit to the whales.

zorokai.1486

Good. That attitude will only ensure they do this to finally net the market of holdouts.

I dont know – i mean have they released bundled items before separately? I cant recall them doing anything of the sort (i could be wrong) but releasing it now or later doesnt really make much difference – if someone was not going to buy the 2000 gem bundle from the beginning they just wouldnt. Feels smarter business-wise to give people options from the get go.

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: VaderCookie.8137

VaderCookie.8137

I want that Crystal Outfit soo bad and I would be glad to pay the normal Outfit price of 700 Gems. But there’s no way I’ll pay 1300 Gems extra for stuff I don’t care about.

Posted by: freecarl.1320

freecarl.1320

This is just wrong. Trying to bundle things into packs so that we will pay more for them is just downright disrespectful. This is the type of kitten that makes me question if you guys even stop to think before you put something out for us. Also, why is a mini Sabetha on the gemstore??? It should be a raid reward ONLY.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not buying the pack.

Not for 2000 gems to get one or two things I want. Break it up so I can get the items I do want for the usual 700 gems each and I’ll buy. But not 2000 gems to get something I want and weapons I’m not interested in, RNG dye packs and a total makeover kit with no new faces or hairstyles to use it on.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I’d buy the outfit and glider in a second, but there’s no way I’m paying 2000 gems for an ugly weapon, RNG dye kits and a makeover kit on top. that’s 600 gems for junk. no thanks ANet.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: kiimi.2853

kiimi.2853

I do agree, Im only intrested in the Outfit, wont throw in Money for 2000 gems for it tho…

Really bad idea to release them as bundle ..:(

Qugi.2653

Soon in gem store. Super great fabulous pack.

1 Outfit
1 Glider skin
1 Makeover kit
1 Transmutation charge
1 Experience Booster
1 Instant repair canister
1 Bank access express
1 Box O fun
25 Black Lion Chest (buy key to open only 125 gem for key, 450 gem for 5 or 2,100 gem for 25)

4000 Gem.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Kailen.9472

Kailen.9472

I personally was always looking forward to see new costumes in the gemstore and was happy to pay 700 gems for them if I liked them to support the game. However, seeing the way this is going…I am feeling dissapointed. Sorry Arenanet, but putting costumes more and more into a full bundle, and then for 2000 gems is not the way I hoped to see you go. I’d be happy to pay 700 gems again for a costume but by no chance will I go and pay a full 2000 gems for it. As many others, I just want the costume, not all the other stuff.

I hope you start going to put things all seperate again…

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Having bought the last 2 packs. I completely agree with what seems to be the majority. From each one the only items I wanted was the outfit and glider. Anet could easily sell them for 700 gems each without a discount and apply the discount to the bundle. imo anet would make more money this way and make more people willing to buy.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

SirMoogie.9263

I dont know – i mean have they released bundled items before separately?

The style bundles are a relatively new addition to the store and previous bundles have been smaller in their offerings. We’ll have to wait and see, but if you want these separate I recommend voicing displeasure with the sales tactic, voicing the item you want, and not buying the bundle.

I cant recall them doing anything of the sort (i could be wrong) but releasing it now or later doesnt really make much difference

Of course it does. They nab the kids who take the marshmallow.

Feels smarter business-wise to give people options from the get go.

That would depend on the what they anticipate the player base to do. If they know there is a market of holdouts who will refuse to buy the bundle, but would buy a comparatively priced glider or costume skin separately, they can nab those customers after they nab those who must have the item now and are willing to get it as part of a bundle. They could release it now, but then they chance losing money on those customers who only want an individual component, but also want that component so much they will splurge on the bundle. Risks to this approach include:

• The holdouts leaving the game before the individual component comes to the market.
  • The holdouts finding another skin they like more and not buying the component when it comes to market
  • Players eventually accruing enough in game currency to buy the bundle without paying real world cash (unlikely as bundles leave the store fairly quickly)
  • Players being so upset by this tactic they quit the game (I don’t find this likely either)

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Imagine stepping up in a McDonalds and order some fries…and then they tell you that you have to buy the whole menu (Burger,drink and fries) if you really want the fries, forcing you to pay for something that you don’t want at all…

skullfaerie.7203

I just don’t think it’s a good tactic to annoy customers through marketing tricks forcing them to purchase things that are unwanted in order to obtain the things they do want, when they could instead be attracting custom by offering quality items users would be willing to purchase without being coerced into it by a sales tactic.

And to make it worse: still no new hairstyles. A massive thumbs down, anet ;(

SirMoogie.9263

I just don’t think it’s a good tactic to annoy customers through marketing tricks forcing them to purchase things that are unwanted in order to obtain the things they do want,

It is your perception that this is forced they are counting on.

when they could instead be attracting custom by offering quality items users would be willing to purchase without being coerced into it by a sales tactic.

They can get those people who refuse to be “coerced” later (if they prove sizable enough). Right now let them get those who want everything in the bundle or those who want that one thing and are willing to spend more money on it than similar products on the store. After netting most of the population they can move onto those who will spend 700 gems for a glider. And after that those who will spend 350-ish gems on a glider on sale.

skullfaerie.7203

I just don’t think it’s a good tactic to annoy customers through marketing tricks forcing them to purchase things that are unwanted in order to obtain the things they do want,

when they could instead be attracting custom by offering quality items users would be willing to purchase without being coerced into it by a sales tactic.

They can get those people who refuse to be “coerced” later (if they prove sizable enough). Right now let them get those who want everything in the bundle or those who want that one thing and are willing to spend more money on it than similar products on the store. After netting most of the population they can move onto those who will spend 700 gems for a glider. And after that those who will spend 350-ish gems on a glider on sale.

Nobody is disputing how this works or the reasoning applied in the decision to implement it….. I’m merely saying its a horrible, customer-unfriendly method which Anet should be above.

SirMoogie.9263

Nobody is disputing how this works or the reasoning applied in the decision to implement it…..

Great! Then please be a holdout and not an early adopter ;-)

zorokai.1486

Not too sure why youre defending this. This method is just silly and really just split up bundles – it benefits no one – and why would a company want to again like what skullfaerie said – annoy its player/customers.

Its not that difficult to offer Choice and Options for the fans. without chucking in so much unwanted stuff just to squeeze some more money from them.
Great way to lose customers.

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

This is exactly how I felt about the Crystal Arbiter outfit. I wanted that Crystal Glider soooo much, just not the rest of the bundle.

So, I went with the Exalted Glider instead, and I traded gold for that one.

SirMoogie.9263

Not too sure why youre defending this.

I am not defending it. I want the kitten glider. I’m explaining it.

This method is just silly and really just split up bundles – it benefits no one

The risks are small. Few (if any) will quit the game over this tactic. Many will buy the bundle out of fear the individual components won’t hit the store eventually. From a business perspective all I see is lots to gain with little risk.

and why would a company want to again like what skullfaerie said – annoy its player/customers.

They don’t, but if they can keep them on, while squeezing a few extra bucks out of them here or there with a sales tactic with little risk, they will..

Great way to lose customers.

I have seen no one threaten to quit over this, let alone evidence that they have actually stopped playing. I have only seen complaints of what they want, which I fully support and have stated myself.

Posted by: Roggid.3045

Roggid.3045

Dear ArenaNet,

I recently noticed a change in trend so to speak in the gemstore and I feel I need to voice my concerns about it. Since the release of Heart of Thorns there have been 2 bundle deals, the crystal arbiter deal that was at launch and the new sniper bundle deal that was released today 11/24/15.

Here is my main concern with this new bundle system that you are implementing. I think it is a good idea to have bundles to save people money if they want something, which is a good option to have. However, that should not be the ONLY option to get certain items. Lets say for example I want to buy the new Soul River glider and I only have about 700 gems and I can not afford to buy more gems, I am locked out of buying it because I can only get it if I purchase the 2000 gem bundle deal.

This way of introducing new gemstore items with bundle only deals is very similar to what other companies have done and have gotten a lot of negative responses for it.

My suggestion would be to give us the players more options for buying items, single bundle items for example, because this current trend of bundle is forcing the players to buy stuff that they do not want just to get certain items.

This is just my opinion and I welcome others to agree or disagree with me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Anet and I hope you take what I have to say into consideration.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Edit: Post got merged here, so link to my other thread irrelevant.

(edited by Sulfarius.1756)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I REALLY want the chest piece, and just the chest piece (well, maybe gloves too) of the outfit for my ranger:( if the rest of the outfit was less bladed, id be fine with that as well… ah well, guess I keep sticking to the standard T3 human top.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Purchased it for the Glider Skin. No regrets.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Voting with my wallet. I don’t need the F2P bundle of garbage to get one thing that I want. This will hurt them in the long run. Sure a few will bite and put down 2000 gems. But for every person who put down 2k gems, they are losing about 8k gems if they were to sell them separately.