Outfit Bundles... Please Split them up.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Voting with my wallet. I don’t need the F2P bundle of garbage to get one thing that I want. This will hurt them in the long run. Sure a few will bite and put down 2000 gems. But for every person who put down 2k gems, they are losing about 8k gems if they were to sell them separately.

Unless of course the person spending the 2k gems bought them with $$. Rather than converting gold to gems then purchasing it. Hard to rationalize with converting the Gold to Gems for the purchase, but spending $$ is not that bad.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

I’m really getting annoyed of the cashshop tactics of late. So soon after a buy to play expansion and most of the Hot rewards are in the cashshop or locked behind a massive grind wall. I’m at the point of not playing anymore for now (no you cant have my stuff :-p). Used to invest in services and convenience items now and then (storage upgrades, salvage kits etc) buying gems. Even those never seem to go on sale anymore.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

There shouldnt be just One option provided to the players. They could easily have the 2k bundle next to the 700-1000g outfit, and let people pick what they want. If they want people to buy the Bundles – may be i dont know… Add useful things in them (bank expansion, bag slot, storage expander). If its good people will buy it, if its just a load of random stuff – ofc people will complain that they are being made to buy useless just to get something they want.

choices.. thats all i ask… choice, options.. its not much lol

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I’d like the glider but I don’t consider the glider to be worth buying the full bundle for , and I don’t want anything else in the bundle.

making all the items bundle exclusive is one of the worst things the store people at anet have done. Missing out on a lot of people who would purchase one part of the bundles but don’t want to buy the whole thing.

For record I bought the exalted glider as soon as it hit the store and I could log on, most the time, I buy gems with cash too.

But I won’t buy gems, not even with gold, to purchase a bundle just for one item worth about 500 gems in a bundle that costs 2000 gems I mean… keep the bundle if you want as a value pack I’m sure people who want all those things will buy it, and save money over buying each individual thing they want a la carte, but for those of us who just want one thing out of the bundle? Give us another option.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not happy with the bundle being the sole source of particular outfits, glider skins and immortal weapon skins. I’m hoping that it’s just a limited time thing and at some point in the NEAR future they will be individually available.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: BentoDetective.6491

BentoDetective.6491

I’m with everyone on the stance for being able to buy the items separately. But, what we’re forgetting is the fact that ArenaNet is selling the items bundled up on purpose. A rather simple business tactic, really. Customers either choose to pass on this package, or, they can choose to surrender 2000 gems. In other words, getting the customers to buy more.

Defenders of ArenaNet will try and reason with us, by saying such things as, “you don’t have to buy it.” Or, “it’s only cosmetic.” These are just typical excuses used to brush off the problem at hand rather than to come together and create a solution.

What we should take away from these outrageous sales, is the knowledge that ArenaNet is slipping away from the friendly platform it has built itself from its release. They have fallen, and fallen quite low. Soon™, there will be more of these sales, since a pattern has emerged with this package.

Don’t forget, the Immortal weapon skins are tied to these packages. There are 19 different weapon skins in the game (3 are underwater, if we are counting those). So, 2 packages are out, 17 more to go.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hate to say it, but get used to it. Anet has found a new way to gouge people for money. Take an item people really weant, and then bundle it with a bunch of crap items, and triple the price.

Makes me ill that they tied the immortal set in with this. Reddit is right, it’ll cost hundreds of dollars (if you don’t have the gold to convert) in order to purchase the entire immortal weapon set if they continue this path. It screams “money grab”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I was very eager to get that new outfit, but seeing it in a bundle only today was really disappointing.
Can’t say I don’t understand what’s Anet’s strategy here..I always buy outfits that I like, and a bunch of stuff on the gemstore (hairstyle kits, character slots, etc…), but this time I’ll pass : I won’t give them my money for that bundle of shinies just to get that one shiny I really want. :/
I hope they’ll sell those outfits without the bundles later.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

Dear Anet;

I logged in today to see a well designed new skin on the outfit store, but much to my dismay it seems to be bugged. The bandit sniper skin seems to be only available as some kind of ‘bundle’ with items that people seldom actually want or need. To add to this, there is the ‘coding error’ where it will not allow you to gift the overly cluttered package to other people. BUT I have a suggested fix!

Return the Outfit skins to how we used to know and love them, as stand alones that you can not only purchase for 700 Gems as opposed to this ‘bundle exclusive’ at 2000 gems but make it giftable to others as well.

It has been proven through many other industries that though bundles can provide great value to consumers, leaving the entirety of the bundles interest as bundle exclusive items does nothing past put people off purchasing. Certainly there may be those who drop the full bundle price out of fear they won’t be able to get the items as a standalone, but for every person who caves to that fear there are more who will back off making the purchase, much less making it for themselves and friends who perhaps cannot afford the skin at the moment. I know I was intending to purchase five copies were it not in the bundle. Perhaps offering both options is the ideal route?

Thank you though, for taking the time to review this obvious oversight. I would hate for people to start thinking the aesthetics are being abused as nothing more than a cash grab to gouge those who are interested in alternate looks for their characters.

Sincerely;
One of many rather irritated consumers.

P.S. You can keep deleting this thread Anet, it is in no violation of the ToS, not for language nor content.
P.P.S. Thank you for just moving the thread this time and not outright deleting.

(edited by Morsheira.6102)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I will continue to pass on all these bundles.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

An outfit that conceals your face and hair, which comes bundled with a total makeover kit.

That’s our Anet! Coming this fall to NBC!

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Joshua Valentine.6417

Joshua Valentine.6417

I’m wondering just WHAT it’s gonna take to drive this point (and many others) home for ANet…especially if they get so teary-eyed at the truth.

Grumpy Woodsman.
Jade Quarry Forever.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The greed is way over the top right now with all things HoT!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Odona.8402

Odona.8402

This is such a low way of milking people for more money, I am honestly surprised and dissapointed, because I would have never expected that from this company.

Makai.3429

The greed is way over the top right now with all things HoT!

I’d be surprised if they weren’t considering removing Aetherpath and throwing a clockheart mini in the gemshop.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

An outfit that conceals your face and hair, which comes bundled with a total makeover kit.

That’s our Anet! Coming this fall to NBC!

Pretty sure the headpiece can be hidden, like all other outfits

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I have seen selected pieces of armour I have enjoyed, but never bought them. Why?..because they are an outfit that can’t be mixed and matched.

I am confident I am not the only one who feels this way. I don’t mind spending money on things I like. It is nice to have nice things so-to-speak.

Hope this feedback helps. I’d rather buy an arnour appearance set that can be mixed and matched for 700 gem, rather an outfit, 5 dyes I already have and a glider appearance I don’t care about for 2000 gems.

Devildoc.6721

Hate to say it, but get used to it. Anet has found a new way to gouge people for money. Take an item people really weant, and then bundle it with a bunch of crap items, and triple the price.

Makes me ill that they tied the immortal set in with this. Reddit is right, it’ll cost hundreds of dollars (if you don’t have the gold to convert) in order to purchase the entire immortal weapon set if they continue this path. It screams “money grab”.

It kinda doesn’t make sense to me, to sell something for a higher price to fewer people rather than sell at a more reasonable amount to a lot more people.

But I guess their rationale is that if they sell at a more reasonable price and sell items separately, people will convert gold to gems to buy what they want, but if they sell a bulk package like this, while less people will buy the item, those that do will be more likely to pay cash for gems.

Only explanation of how narrowing your market would reap more profits.

Devildoc.6721

This is such a low way of milking people for more money, I am honestly surprised and dissapointed, because I would have never expected that from this company.

Yeah it’s the kind of thing you expect from Nexon.

Oh would you look at that, anet hired someone from Nexon to run the GW2 store.

Posted by: Joshua Valentine.6417

Joshua Valentine.6417

Oh would you look at that, anet hired someone from Nexon to run the GW2 store.

…did they really do that?

Grumpy Woodsman.
Jade Quarry Forever.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Whomever they hired for the most recent bundles does not understand price discrimination. Anet isn’t going to get more money by only selling bundles. They’re getting less.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I have seen selected pieces of armour I have enjoyed, but never bought them. Why?..because they are an outfit that can’t be mixed and matched.

I am confident I am not the only one who feels this way. I don’t mind spending money on things I like. It is nice to have nice things so-to-speak.

Hope this feedback helps. I’d rather buy an arnour appearance set that can be mixed and matched for 700 gem, rather an outfit, 5 dyes I already have and a glider appearance I don’t care about for 2000 gems.

Yep, I really like the chest piece for female humanoid characters, but the rest of it ruins it for me (the blades specifically), but I would buy the whole armor set just for that lol

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

I agree i find it super annoying when you force me to get all the things and not just the thing i want so yeah i wont get gems for a while till you stop this foolish bundle business what do i need a gilder skin for that i don’t like so i can get an outfit i adore with the added bonus of a super ugly weapon skin that i don’t want nor need Please just stop we don’t enjoy bundles that don’t come with a side option to buy stand alone of the items.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

(edited by roseria.7695)

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

I do not know,why did we expect anything less than nothing but pure money milking,when they announced years ago,“micro” transactions.

Micro transactions were in original Guild Wars,where you had option to buy or not to buy set of spells.If you decide not to buy,you would unlock them anyway,but it would take some time.

This game,has nothing to do with Guild Wars we played.Too many greedy people got fingers involved.This is not going to be any better,its going to be only worse.

We have LS2 in gem store.Next thing is going to be some missions,dungeons,or armors to buy with $,or no progress.Same as in lots of “free” to play games.

When they created game,they did not made it for us,they rely upon people who are willing to spend 200$ just to get legendary item asap.

I have 8 years experience,playing on WoW private servers,being game master,or common player,i have seen million players,spending 900$ on single item,just to link it in chat,so other players can /w him,omg gz bro.Those private servers do not exist for players to enjoy,they exist with one,single goal = money grabbing.

Now,imagine how much money people willing to pay,here,where everything works,and items actually have value,not like some pixel on private server…Those amounts of money,just from gemstore,we wont see in 10 lifetimes.

This is ArenaNet-s last chance to earn some money.With everything they done so far,they only lost people’s trust,and if there’s going to be GW3,not even 30%people playing now,would buy it.There’s going to be maybe 2-3 more expansions and that’s about it.Things can only be worse,because these days,its everything about money.If ArenaNet,was listening to us,they would have 0 profit.

My intention is not to insult ArenaNet staff,far from it,but they insulting themselves by their actions,which is pure money stealing.

When comes to items Crystal Arbiter Appearance Pack -30% (since came out)My friend has clothes shop,same thing,to lure people into thinking they buying something with LARGE discount,Jacket actual worth is 200 euros,but above jacked,it says 400 euros -50% discount…

Once again folks,this is going to be worse.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Whomever they hired for the most recent bundles does not understand price discrimination. Anet isn’t going to get more money by only selling bundles. They’re getting less.

Yes because it is not like they have the data to back up what they are doing. Oh wait, they do.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I do not know,why did we expect anything less than nothing but pure money milking,when they announced years ago,“micro” transactions.

Micro transactions were in original Guild Wars,where you had option to buy or not to buy set of spells.If you decide not to buy,you would unlock them anyway,but it would take some time.

This game,has nothing to do with Guild Wars we played.Too many greedy people got fingers involved.This is not going to be any better,its going to be only worse.

Uh-yup. This is what happens when a company grows into success and merges into our crony corporate culture.

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Several people are using the word “forced” here. No one is “forcing” you to do anything. The items aren’t something you need and no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy the bundle. Yes, it’s a crappy business tactic, but let’s not be overly dramatic. If you don’t want to buy the bundle, then don’t buy the bundle. At least you aren’t being penalized for not purchasing.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Agree… if there are anything in those packs i could possibly be interested in, it would be the outfit. But all the other crap prevents me from even considering buying it.

The outfits alone plz, they are expensiva enough alone.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Speckly.3729

Speckly.3729

WELP. Logged in today and was displeased to see another bundle.

My entire guild are usually prolific gemstore shoppers—most of us have spent nearly $1500 each in the gemstore in the last couple years. (It does start to add up after ~30 people.) Since the bundles have started coming out… no one is buying gems. No one wants bundles. 700 gems for an outfit? One for me and one for whichever friend needs help getting it this week. 2000 gems? Pass.

I could do 1000 for an outfit + glider skin bundle, I guess, but they skipped right over that possibility.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

The way I see it, Anet has been slipping on the Aesthetics front for a while. First they remove ‘Town Clothes’ and give us useless tonics, they don’t even replace the ‘Town Clothes’ with outfits, which would have made sense given the switch to outfits.

Then they take full Armor skins off the Gemstore and only give the option of Outfits.

Now they’re bundling to make those outfits cost even more?

At what point is Anet going to listen to what people are saying. A happy customer is more likely to spend more and do so repeatedly than one that’s feeling ‘forced’ to buy things they don’t particularly want/need to get something they like.

Posted by: Biziut.3594

Biziut.3594

I join my voice to the others i want my Soul River glider and i don’t want outfit , (btw looks ugly on charr) dyes (i have a lot) or makover kits (already have 2 in bank) I just want my glider!!! >.<

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

If they priced things out more reasonably people would likely still spend the same amount of money and maybe even more because they wouldn’t feel like they were being ripped off or taken to the cleaners but right now it’s clearly off the rails greedy!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I want everything in the package, however i have currently stayed my hand because i can see how supporting this sends the wrong message. People without HoT suffer with items they can not use and really not everyone will want that combo.

Im all for package deals, but there needs to be individual options.

Posted by: AoPle.7326

AoPle.7326

agree with the TO …

I like to spent money in the gemstore (10-20€ every month since release) … but not for this bundles … I do not support this type of business model

2000 gems for an outfit and stuff I do not want … nope

Posted by: Biziut.3594

Biziut.3594

I would understand crystal arbiter package…HoT released every one want be #reve so they give crystal outfit with reve blindfold crystal glider and crystal like weapon but this… this bantit outfit isn’t even related to this glider there is nothing in common. I collected money for this glider all morning to buy it when i will back from a job and what i see? big nasty kitten. ehh i am furious.

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

First of all i think its sad to see how some people are mad coz someone think 2000 gems are a lot or that people don’t like Anet new packs with goods. We ain’t all the same, we don’t know each other or know what other people do for a living or where we come from . What’s not a lot for some people might be a lot for others and I think we all have the right to speak our mind and ask for what we know we can afford or at least hope to be heard.
- It’s just wishing guys and girls, its nothing personal <3

I myself are getting tired of outfits, i don’t want to look like everyone else – yes i know we can use different dyes and all but still it’d kind dull. I miss armor sets where i can pick some of the parts and use. Make something creative. Atm it feels like WoW :P

I want the weapon skin and glider most. I don’t rly like the whole outfit (some parts i do like) And I think a lot more packs will come which is kinda sad. I read other forums and what people said on FB and i must agree on some. The word I saw many times in different posts was “greedy”. I don’t say it’s greedy of Anet but it’s a bit to much if they dont offer at least the outfit or glider as a item alone. And if they will bring more packs its gonna be really hard for many i guess. I love the game and it’s nice what Anet have done for us all. I got most outfits and i like gem store coz it’s a really good way to support Anet and give them something back for this amazing game. But the packs I’m not a major fan of. And it’s not a money thing but I know many who can’t pay for this and what I read today it looks like a lot of people got the same problem.

I think that’s it. I don’t hope I made someone mad or so, I just wanna say what’s on my mind. Happy looting ingame and good luck all xx

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yes because it is not like they have the data to back up what they are doing. Oh wait, they do.

Anet is fully capable of making bad business decisions just as any other company. Pretty sure SE had “the data” that said the original release of FF14 was gonna do great just as Wildstar had “the data” that told them that what they were doing was the right idea.

If Anet had magical “data” that made them immune to failure, GW2 would be the most successful MMO of all time and they wouldn’t need to try to penny pinch people with forced packages in the first place.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Anet Stockholders > Players

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

… the appearance packs…make you pay a lot for one item you want from the set

That is pretty much the point of bundles like this.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

There is a fairly good chance I would have bought the glider skin, but not with the ugly outfit, weapon, and other items bloating the price.

Ashen.2907

There is a fairly good chance I would have bought the glider skin, but not with the ugly outfit, weapon, and other items bloating the price.

Conversely I rather like the bow skin.

Don’t be surprised if the bundle is split up at a later point after those willing to spend 2000 gems, perhaps to get just one item in the set, have done so.

Makai.3429

Don’t be surprised if the bundle is split up at a later point after those willing to spend 2000 gems, perhaps to get just one item in the set, have done so.

Proving once again that when it comes to the gemstore, the only winning move is to wait it out.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I highly doubt that. Anet has a long track record of committing 100% to bad ideas, no matter what the outcome.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: atomy.3817

atomy.3817

I might have gotten the glider if it was separate, and priced similar to other gliders, but I can’t possibly justify spending 2000 gems just to get it. Whatever, i can live without it.

Ashen.2907

Proving once again that when it comes to the gemstore, the only winning move is to wait it out.

Not just with the gem store, not just with GW2, and not just with computer games.

Patience will often, if not always, allow one to get a desired product at a price less than that paid by those who must have the new shiny NOW.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I highly doubt that. Anet has a long track record of committing 100% to bad ideas, no matter what the outcome.

Except for the Female Human Racial armor they put in gem store and threw fire over.

They recalled, destroyed and refunded it. Would be nice if they split the package and did gem refunds on stuff people didn’t want. I just want the outfit and the Makeover Kit is okay if I ever need it in future. The other 3 items I have no interest in at all whatsoever and will be left unused and worthless in my bank and be a product of my hatred for all eternity.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Makai.3429

I might have gotten the glider if it was separate, and priced similar to other gliders, but I can’t possibly justify spending 2000 gems just to get it. Whatever, i can live without it.

Same. I like the look of it, but it’s not worth $25 or 400 gold. Thankfully HoT offers a bunch of glider skins for raid, story, and meta rewards, and recipes for leatherworkers to make a profit instead of locking the majority of them behind paywalls.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

This bundle trend needs to end. I bought the crystal arbiter bundle for the outfit and weapon. This time around, I’m not willing to drop extra cash and/or gold again on things I don’t want. I’m pretty bummed because it appears the Immortal weapon skins will only be available via 2000 gem bundles. Shadow dyes aren’t worth much anymore, except for shadow abyss. I have 3 makeover kits in my bank already…

No more outfit, glider, or weapon skin purchases for me unless they’re available outside of bundles.

Posted by: ringswraith.8760

ringswraith.8760

I too am not happy with this.

I was quite looking forward to purchasing the Soul River glider for my revenant. But with it as part of this bundle (what the heck does this glider even have in common with a bandit outfit?) I shall spend my money elsewhere.

This reeks of a poorly-disguised attempt to get people to spend more than they’re willing to pay, just to get the one thing they actually wanted.

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

I think even the naysayers who rabidly defend every blatantly obvious marketing decision bent on milking the player base anet makes can see this isn’t how you treat customers. Sure, it’s a business first, but let’s get real here. This game went from excellent to revolving completely around the gem store for “content.” I didn’t buy the first appearance pack because $25 for an outfit and some gimmicks is a joke, and I won’t be buying any of these either, no matter how much I want them. A line was crossed here, and if this is the new outfit package model, sayonara GW2, it’s been fun. First it’s $50 DLC (that I paid $100 for as a leap of faith in a company I loved) and now it’s $25 per outfit. I was more than happy to spend my money on this when that_shaman data-mined it, but not like this. Enough is enough.

(edited by Geneticide.6987)