Outfit Bundles... Please Split them up.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I really wanted the bandit outfit too … but 2000 gems is really pushing it …

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Won’t buy this crap, look at that outfit, disregarding its another “outfit” its also a mash-up of poorly matching pre-existing armor pieces with a little touch. Come on Anet!
And then putting it in a bundle, I thought finances were good after HoT.

Posted by: NeoTerra.8327

NeoTerra.8327

I really wonder such methods really pays off for anet. Normally we would have to wait till the next quarterly report but with the hot sales screwing the numbers up, we can’t draw any conclusions.

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I know, ITA.

The bundles should be an option, for those who want everything (or most things) in them, but not the only option.

Uh… really? Hasn’t work for me any other time; I’ll need to try it again when I get home. I’ve also never seen anyone in an outfit minus the helmet, but maybe I just haven’t been paying enough attention.

Yeah, they toggle off.

I pretty much never show helm with outfits.

Most of them look better without them, IMO.

Several people are using the word “forced” here. No one is “forcing” you to do anything. The items aren’t something you need and no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy the bundle. Yes, it’s a crappy business tactic, but let’s not be overly dramatic. If you don’t want to buy the bundle, then don’t buy the bundle. At least you aren’t being penalized for not purchasing.

They don’t mean “forced” in the sense of having no option whether to buy the bundle, or not.

They just mean that, if they wanted to buy object a) they would be forced to also buy objects b), c) and d).

Which is true and is a correct usage of the word “forced”.

You could substitute the word “obliged”, for the word “forced”, there, if it makes you feel any better; but it all means the same, in the end.

I really think people need to be a little less literal, on these forums.

Words, in English, are often quite fluid and can mean, or imply, many different things and/or or levels of things.

If someone is just sitting there Googling word meanings and taking a word to only mean meaning number 1, all the time, of course people may look like they’re being overly melodramatic.

But, that isn’t how the English language works.

Thank YOU for the lecture on how the English language works. I’m well aware of how it does and have made a living off it for a very long time. Perhaps I should break it down for you, since you seem to have missed the point.

No one is being forced, whether literally or figuratively, because they hold all the power in this scenario. As a consumer, they can buy it or not buy it.

As someone previously said, “It is your perception that this is forced they are counting on.”

Being forced or other such terms imply that the consumer is a powerless, hapless victim who must just go along with it. Not only is English fluid, it’s also powerful, and the appropriate choices can make a difference in perception. There is no obligation or being forced to buy. There is choice, and in that choice, the consumer has far more power to change Anet’s practices.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Won’t buy this crap, look at that outfit, disregarding its another “outfit” its also a mash-up of poorly matching pre-existing armor pieces with a little touch. Come on Anet!
And then putting it in a bundle, I thought finances were good after HoT.

Finances only matter if they’re being reinvested into the game and not pocketed. Also if the company is competent.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Adding pointless crap with outfits so they can up the price gems to 2000 gems,well done you greedy kittens.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

As someone previously said, “It is your perception that this is forced they are counting on.”

Being forced or other such terms imply that the consumer is a powerless, hapless victim who must just go along with it. Not only is English fluid, it’s also powerful, and the appropriate choices can make a difference in perception. There is no obligation or being forced to buy. There is choice, and in that choice, the consumer has far more power to change Anet’s practices.

Very well put, and I agree completely. Though I don’t see any benefit in nitpicking about what each person means when they say forced, it is important to point out the psychological power of the word, and how companies make use of that ‘forced to buy’ mindset.

The consumer does have the power, and if we would all just realise that we would be able to ‘force’ companies to offer fair deals we are all happy about.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: neferet.5687

neferet.5687

+1 for the split. Please do it. It doesn’t matter if the items share the same theme or not – they should be available separately and the pack should be there for people that like several of them and can get them on a discount/with bonus items.
And I’m pretty sick of people saying “If you don’t like it, don’t buy it”, because the thing with the packs is that some of us like some of the items and aren’t willing to pay for the rest that we don’t care about. I’d buy the glider. I wouldn’t buy the pack. So Anet are actually losing the money they could otherwise get from me.
This is like going to the supermarket to buy a shampoo and finding out they only sell packages with shampoo, conditioner, soap and bath salts. And I don’t even have a bathtub. At least irl I could give the stuff I don’t want to someone else…

Posted by: fdgod.9710

fdgod.9710

I have been saying it for years, and I will say it again. This game had the potential to become a legendary game.

Anyone who works in branding, marketing, upper level management… knows that Anets Marketing/Sales department is of the worst. Their skills, experience, and tactics are lower than what high school kids can provide to a business. The people approving some of the decisions such as bundles and everything else do not have an ounce of business experience in them. Items should be sold as separately at full price , and bundles at a cheaper price. Personally I think all of these new armor skins etc being introduced should have been obtainable in game for free. Customers paid 50 dollars for a great expansion, but lets be honest… the worth of this expansion was no more than a 20 dollar DLC, I got bored of it in 3 days. It is nothing more than a silverwastes farm on 4 new maps. You are losing your grip on your customers by being greedy. There are many that will never buy another expansion again, never buy gem store items again. They will continue playing the game out of hope, because they enjoy it, or have communities they enjoy being with, but due to your deception you have lost them as paying customers. Now suffer the consequences of that.

When you have a diamond in the rough you carve it into a shining diamond. In this case Anet took a diamond and made it dull/rough again. The main problem with this and how this game evolved into what it is now, is due to Anet listening to our “white knights” on these forums who blindly support every decision Anet Makes, rather than actually listening to feedback and critiques from people who want this game to grow and succeed. White Knights are complacent, they are not customers you want to build a product around, you want to improve and build a product based on critiques and criticism.

Pardon my spelling errors, I do not really care about them. Just trying to get a message out.

(edited by fdgod.9710)

Posted by: Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

Aries Of Ragnarok.1365

I have been saying it for years, and I will say it again. This game had the potential to become a legendary game.

Anyone who works in branding, marketing, upper level management… knows that Anets Marketing/Sales department is of the worst. Their skills, experience, and tactics are lower than what high school kids can provide to a business. The people approving some of the decisions such as bundles and everything else do not have an ounce of business experience in them. Items should be sold as separately at full price , and bundles at a cheaper price. Personally I think all of these new armor skins etc being introduced should have been obtainable in game for free. Customers paid 50 dollars for a great expansion, but lets be honest… the worth of this expansion was no more than a 20 dollar DLC, I got bored of it in 3 days. It is nothing more than a silverwastes farm on 4 new maps. You are losing your grip on your customers by being greedy. There are many that will never buy another expansion again, never buy gem store items again. They will continue playing the game out of hope, because they enjoy it, or have communities they enjoy being with, but due to your deception you have lost them as paying customers. Now suffer the consequences of that.

When you have a diamond in the rough you carve it into a shining diamond. In this case Anet took a diamond and made it dull/rough again. The main problem with this and how this game evolved into what it is now, is due to Anet listening to our “white knights” on these forums who blindly support every decision Anet Makes, rather than actually listening to feedback and critiques from people who want this game to grow and succeed. White Knights are complacent, they are not customers you want to build a product around, you want to improve and build a product based on critiques and criticism.

Pardon my spelling errors, I do not really care about them. Just trying to get a message out.

+1 For this. Well said. Sadly, Anet will overlook this post or even this entire thread. I’d be happily surprised if they did look at it and commented, but they wont. There’s no money in it. =\

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

+1 For this. Well said. Sadly, Anet will overlook this post or even this entire thread. I’d be happily surprised if they did look at it and commented, but they wont. There’s no money in it. =\

I +1’d also. It’s been evident from day one that they have serious problems in their upper management that trickles down and negatively impacts the game in numerous ways. It’s unreal how many bad decisions they’ve made and then doubled down on. They also have a tendency to ignore criticism in hopes that time will dull negativity.

Well, here’s the deal – time does dull negativity, because people with grievances will eventually stop playing.

You can’t please everybody all the time, but you can make every honest attempt to prioritize the quality of your game over dubious cash grabs. It would be one thing even if it was smart from business standpoint, but it isn’t. People are more likely to spend smaller amounts on individual items than they are to spend huge amounts on a bundled item when they don’t really want most of it.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I know, ITA.

The bundles should be an option, for those who want everything (or most things) in them, but not the only option.

Uh… really? Hasn’t work for me any other time; I’ll need to try it again when I get home. I’ve also never seen anyone in an outfit minus the helmet, but maybe I just haven’t been paying enough attention.

Yeah, they toggle off.

I pretty much never show helm with outfits.

Most of them look better without them, IMO.

Several people are using the word “forced” here. No one is “forcing” you to do anything. The items aren’t something you need and no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buy the bundle. Yes, it’s a crappy business tactic, but let’s not be overly dramatic. If you don’t want to buy the bundle, then don’t buy the bundle. At least you aren’t being penalized for not purchasing.

They don’t mean “forced” in the sense of having no option whether to buy the bundle, or not.

They just mean that, if they wanted to buy object a) they would be forced to also buy objects b), c) and d).

Which is true and is a correct usage of the word “forced”.

You could substitute the word “obliged”, for the word “forced”, there, if it makes you feel any better; but it all means the same, in the end.

I really think people need to be a little less literal, on these forums.

Words, in English, are often quite fluid and can mean, or imply, many different things and/or or levels of things.

If someone is just sitting there Googling word meanings and taking a word to only mean meaning number 1, all the time, of course people may look like they’re being overly melodramatic.

But, that isn’t how the English language works.

Thank YOU for the lecture on how the English language works. I’m well aware of how it does and have made a living off it for a very long time. Perhaps I should break it down for you, since you seem to have missed the point.

No one is being forced, whether literally or figuratively, because they hold all the power in this scenario. As a consumer, they can buy it or not buy it.

Actually, the use of the word “forced” is very much appropriate in this context, you just did not appreciate it, as your use of the word was unduly restricted. Coincidentally it is a sense in which it happens to exist as a real world concept, which is disallowed in many locations- hence explaining many people’s instant repulsion to this concept.
The customer is forced to purchase product A in order to obtain the desired but unrelated product B. The customer does not wish to purchase product A, but is forced to do so in order to purchase product B which is not available on its own/ separately. Purchasing product B is dependent on simultaneous purchase of the unrelated product A, and thus the customer is forced to purchase both, if he wishes to obtain one.

I hope that clears up any confusion over commenter’s use of the word “forced” in this context.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

While, I do agree with the overall context here, I will be requesting a refund if the items are split up and sold.

In fear of missing the sale, I went ahead and purchased the bundles as Anet has a knack of not bringing back some gemstore items at all and while they do bring some back, the timing and availability seems to be totally random. So while I do agree these items should be sold separately, in the spirit of fairness a refund to those who purchased the bundles should also be issued.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I agree with some of what you say, but I think it is foolish to put any of the blame of the so called ‘white inights’. These decisions are driving by Anet’s marketing bods and statistics (such as player spending habits, etc) and is not influenced by positive player opinions. Also, players from any standpoint, negative as well as positive, are not always good at producing good ideas for the game. I have seen people on both sides of the fence produce bad or implausable suggestions. So please, lets leave the name calling out of this and keep the focus of this topic squarely where it needs to be: on Arenanet.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The only part of this I might have wanted is the weapon skin. There’s no way I’m paying that much for a glider (you don’t really get to look at someone’s glider very closely in HoT, and not at all in Tyria) or for an outfit that poorly designed (Jagged blades sticking out next to my un-armored wrist? What could go wrong?). Dye kits are a joke, they’re a low RNG chance to get something you want.

I got the first bundle, because I would have gotten everything in it separately as well. This? Sorry, no way in hell.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I hope they leave bundle as is. Buy it or don’t. Bundling products is a way of life. Do consumers whine about items bundled with purchases involving cars, groceries, or electronics?

People complain about outfits, but they’d buy this one IF it wasn’t bundled. People complain about gem store glider skins, but they’d buy this one IF it wasn’t bundled. Oh sure you would.

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

I don’t want everything but I’m considering buying this. I don’t care about the glider much but it’s alright to have I guess (I’ll never know if I may want that style later on). I know I don’t care at all about the weapon skin, not really my style. I just like the outfit and I certainly spend gems regularly on Total Makeover kits so that’s nice. The Shadow dyes are cool. I have never spend gems on buying dye kits, so this is an overpay on my part, but it’s neat to have them anyway..you never know.

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I purchased it just for the glider skin. Didn’t get anything worth using from the dyes, not going to use the sniper outfit as my current skins are way cooler, not going to use any of the immortal weapon skins (again, current skins are cooler), have never used a total makeover kit – got a small stack of them stashed on a storage character.

- Bandit sniper outfit
- Soul river glider
- Immortal weapon choice
- total makeover kit
- (5) shadow dye kit

Now I was willing and able to do this at the current inflated gold to gems ratio, but think of all the people that looked at that 2000 gem price and just sadly shook their heads and walked away. Sure they hook a few people like me that have the money, but if they had kept the items separate, they could have charged MORE than 2000 gems collectively, so how is that a bargain?

Let’s say that as a part of the package, the glider skin came out to 600 gems. They could have sold it by itself for 800 gems and made a lot more money just off the glider alone.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I hope they leave bundle as is. Buy it or don’t. Bundling products is a way of life. Do consumers whine about items bundled with purchases involving cars, groceries, or electronics?

People complain about outfits, but they’d buy this one IF it wasn’t bundled. People complain about gem store glider skins, but they’d buy this one IF it wasn’t bundled. Oh sure you would.

I have all but 3 outfits. (I didn’t like 3 of them well enough to buy them). This will be the fourth that I don’t have.

Yes, I would have bought it if it was separate and 700 gems. I’m not going to spend 2000 gems though.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Items should be sold as separately at full price , and bundles at a cheaper price.

^ THIS.

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

Lets hope they make the change and fix this. I won’t give up on them yet, give them time to understand they made a mistake. Plus it’s the Holiday. Hopefully by Tuesday they make a change.

Posted by: Ollai.3197

Ollai.3197

Lets hope they make the change and fix this. I won’t give up on them yet, give them time to understand they made a mistake. Plus it’s the Holiday. Hopefully by Tuesday they make a change.

Hopefully

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

I really really doubt this will happen. Just look at the price of shadow dyes. They’ve plummeted, which leads me to believe a lot of people bought the bundle.

Expect to see more craptastic bundles in the future.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

OK…

All I can say is, while you may have “made a living off it”, you clearly don’t really know how it, actually, works in the real world.

Or, not in the real world, in 2015, in English speaking countries, like the UK, or the US, anyway.

People don’t (and haven’t for a very long time) only used the word “forced” in the very literal sense.

So, trying to insist they do, on here, is both unfair and pointless.

I do agree with you that people shouldn’t feel they are hapless victims, however and should vote with their wallets; but, that doesn’t alter the fact that, in order to buy one item, they are currently forced (or obliged) to buy several others.

Or not buy anything, at all.

Where I don’t agree, is your suggestion that people are made to feel like hapless victims, by choosing to use the word “forced”.

I don’t agree, because the fact they have made that choice to use that particular word, IMO, proves they don’t view the word as having such an, exclusively, strong meaning as you seem to.

Or not in this particular context, anyway.

Finally, I would like to say that I wasn’t trying to lecture you, but rather address this constant nit picking over semantics, which tends to take place on these forums all too often and doesn’t seem to get us anywhere fast.

Unfortunately, I just seemed to have made things even worse, but at least I tried.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Consumer and customer has the RIGHT to be choosy and selective, it’s all a part of economics. And I most definitely won’t pay for extra things that I don’t need or want when it’s perfectly fair to sell it individually.

Would you pay for extra car seat covers, cup holders, tires and a few extra batteries along with a car you might purchase in the future – and all those together just to justify some obnoxious price? I highly doubt it. This is no different.

It’s simply being selective and a smart spender. Because I’ve worked pretty -kitten- hard for my money. And no one will ever tell me how to spend it or what I should spend it on.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I really really doubt this will happen. Just look at the price of shadow dyes. They’ve plummeted, which leads me to believe a lot of people bought the bundle.

Expect to see more craptastic bundles in the future.

To be fair, I doubt it would take that much to make them plummet.

Probably 200 people buying the bundle would be enough to make that happen.

The thing is, people (especially newer people), who may not have spent their 2000 gems with xpac yet, are being targeted with these bundles.

Whether Anet will continue to see it as a viable strategy, in the future (when most people have already spent their 2000 gems), is another matter.

It may be, that once (almost) everyone has spent their 2000, it would make more sense to tempt people with smaller purchases, again.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I think you are missing the point of these bundles.
There are people who want the outfit, people who want the glider skin. Some might want the immortal weapon skin. And all of these people have to spend 2000 gems to get the thing they want.
Without the bundle they would each buy only the one thing they wanted for 700, 500, 300 (however many) gems.
The total makeover, dye kits are just there to make it look more appealing.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There are people who want the outfit, people who want the glider skin. Some might want the immortal weapon skin. And all of these people have to spend 2000 gems to get the thing they want.
Without the bundle they would each buy only the one thing they wanted for 700, 500, 300 (however many) gems.

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

Yeah, makes sense. Like i said though, give them some time. It is the holidays. I’m sure they will at least look into it, considering the response here.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The point is that Earth is a horrible place and Aliens will never welcome us into the interstellar Federation of Planets because of it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Yeah the first bundle I was like okay, whatever.
But now that the second one is out I’m wondering is this how its gunna be?

Because I’m already kinda not on board with the having whole entire outfits. I much preferred getting the individual sets, for their bit parts. Now, its gone to a whole new level, and I’m just getting more and more skeptical about bundles.

@kolompi.1287: I think you’re missing the point of desiring one item out the package, and not willing to buy the entire thing.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone who works in branding, marketing, upper level management… knows that Anets Marketing/Sales department is of the worst. Their skills, experience, and tactics are lower than what high school kids can provide to a business.

Ignoring the hyperbole in the above, I agree with the sentiment. I don’t think ANet has done anything wrong or immoral in their gem store offerings. They have just squandered the community’s good will and opportunities for awesomeness.

And it’s a shame, because I’m 99% sure (from dev posts) that the gem shop people don’t get to influence game content or direction, while at the same time their decisions have a profound impact on player morale.

As many (including myself have said), there’s never been anything in the gem store that anyone really needs. So boring offers, inconvenient bundles, and weird phrasing on sales doesn’t really matter in terms of whether this is a good game or not. However, it does affect how we feel about the company making the game and how much slack we’re willing to cut them on other issues, even though the gem shop doesn’t really influence the game.

tl;dr regardless of whether ANet has done anything wrong with the gem shop offers, it’s clear that they have missed the opportunity to do things better

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

What amuses me about this bundle is that they had to put an artificial price on it so that when the discount is applied it’s exactly 2000!

About the most cynical marketing ploy in the book that.

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Every part of the bundle SHOULD be available out of the bundle.
A bundle SHOULD be just a discount pack.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

The bundles are fine, it’s about marketing and discounts. In general, with bundles you can buy more products, cheaper as a whole.

Possibly they could earn more selling them separately, or probably not.
I am confident in the marketing team for making statistics on how is best to sell their products. So I am sure the bundles (as they are now) represent the best decision.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The bundles are fine, it’s about marketing and discounts. In general, with bundles you can buy more products, cheaper as a whole.

The issue here is that if an individual only wants the 700 gem outfit and nothing else, a 2000 gem bundle is not a discount unless they’re slumming it in Bizarro World. Customers only want a part of the bundle and are willing to pay the normal price for it, but there is no option to do so, how can that possibly be considered “fine”?

So I am sure the bundles (as they are now) represent the best decision.

What is best for the company does not always translate to being best for the customer.

Alin.2468

What is best for the company does not always translate to being best for the customer.

It does translate as “being the best for the customer” as long as the customer accepts it. ArenaNet does not force it’s customers to buy any offer. This is exactly why they make statistics and don’t create bundles randomly. If you buy the bundle, then you are happy with your decision, otherwise you would refuse it and not buy it at all.

So far, bundles are a success and statistics prove it. If you want a glimpse of bundle success, take a look at how Shadow Dyes price dropped in just 2 days because of it’s bundle, or how many players wear the new outfit from the bundle.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I am confident in the marketing team for making statistics on how is best to sell their products. So I am sure the bundles (as they are now) represent the best decision.

the $60 monocle in Eve say “Hi!” (As I recall, that was met with a less than enthusiastic reception by the players.)

In other words, marketing people are capable of making mistakes, just like any other person.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

Yet Many people in this post are unhappy about bundles – also again just throwing random stuff/junk/rubbish into a bundle does not make the bundle worthy of 2000 gems.

Just because they made the junk cheaper for the players makes the bundle fine?? standards seem rather low lately.

Either way there shouldn’t just be the Bundle option, Give players choice. have a bundle and have single options without the discount if you must.

Baldur [SL]

Pandaman.4758

It does translate as “being the best for the customer” as long as the customer accepts it. ArenaNet does not force it’s customers to buy any offer. This is exactly why they make statistics and don’t create bundles randomly. If you buy the bundle, then you are happy with your decision, otherwise you would refuse it and not buy it at all.

In case you missed it this thread is mostly full of customers who do not accept it, so thanks for proving that it isn’t always in the best interest of customers.

So far, bundles are a success and statistics prove it. If you want a glimpse of bundle success, take a look at how Shadow Dyes price dropped in just 2 days because of it’s bundle, or how many players wear the new outfit from the bundle.

Nobody’s saying the bundle wouldn’t be successful, people are saying it’s not fair they have to pay 2000 gems for the single 500~700 gem item the want. It’s not a discount for them, it’s a price hike, that has nothing to do with how well the bundle is doing.

Alin.2468

In case you missed it this thread is mostly full of customers who do not accept it

Oh well… you can not satisfy everyone. That would be perfect business. There will always be customers wanting more, and more, and more… for free if possible. This is the offer, take it or leave it, but be happy with your decision whatever it is.

Kiba.9743

Well, the bundle was removed from the Gem Store so there we go I guess.

zorokai.1486

No i still see Bandit Sniper Appearance Pack right there for 2000 gems, so no it wasnt removed.

Crystal arbiter still there too.

Baldur [SL]

Kiba.9743

No i still see Bandit Sniper Appearance Pack right there for 2000 gems, so no it wasnt removed.

It’s gone for me. Then it’s a single time thing then. Doesn’t even appear on the little ad slide …weird. Thank you for letting me know

zorokai.1486

It’s gone for me. Then it’s a single time thing then. Doesn’t even appear on the little ad slide …weird. Thank you for letting me know

yea you can only get it once for 2000 gems then its base price is like 2850 gems. so yea options/Choices please Anet.

Baldur [SL]

Pandaman.4758

In case you missed it this thread is mostly full of customers who do not accept it

Oh well… you can not satisfy everyone. That would be perfect business. There will always be customers wanting more, and more, and more… for free if possible. This is the offer, take it or leave it, but be happy with your decision whatever it is.

Except a business doesn’t need to be perfect to sell items individually instead of making them exclusive to a bundle, that’s pretty much normal. Asking ANet to sell their products in a normal fashion, as they have in the past, isn’t unreasonable in the slightest.

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Split them up, please. I wanna throw in some money for what I like, but not for what I don’t like.

Posted by: Rue.1824

Rue.1824

The problem here isn’t players wanting more and more, it’s a company wanting more and more profit for less and less effort/cost input. You’d have to be a fool to perceive otherwise.

(edited by Rue.1824)

zorokai.1486

I do not remember anyone asking for anything free from Anet in this entire post/thread. All I ask is that they do not offer Only Bundle offers with cosmetic items. Nor has anyone asked for more stuff – just that they give us options to Buy Single cosmetic items.

They had no problems releasing the butterfly wings – exalted glider skin, Balthazar costume, racial wedding thing (this list goes on forever) on their own, I’m sure the release of Hots did not adjust their coding in the TP to only allow them to “bundle” everything and their mother before it can be placed on the Tp for people to buy.

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

the $60 monocle in Eve say “Hi!” (As I recall, that was met with a less than enthusiastic reception by the players.)

In other words, marketing people are capable of making mistakes, just like any other person.

I think the top hat is way underpriced considering that it’s traditionally associated with rich people. Maybe not $60 much but maybe an achievement reward for having 10,000 gold in your bank?