Outfit Bundles... Please Split them up.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The bundles are fine, it’s about marketing and discounts. In general, with bundles you can buy more products, cheaper as a whole.

Possibly they could earn more selling them separately, or probably not.
I am confident in the marketing team for making statistics on how is best to sell their products. So I am sure the bundles (as they are now) represent the best decision.

the $60 monocle in Eve say “Hi!” (As I recall, that was met with a less than enthusiastic reception by the players.)

In other words, marketing people are capable of making mistakes, just like any other person.

I think the top hat is way underpriced considering that it’s traditionally associated with rich people. Maybe not $60 much but maybe an achievement reward for having 10,000 gold in your bank?

In other words, you think the marketing people made a mistake by underpricing it. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The bundles are fine, it’s about marketing and discounts. In general, with bundles you can buy more products, cheaper as a whole.

I am confident in the marketing team for making statistics on how is best to sell their products. So I am sure the bundles (as they are now) represent the best decision.

the $60 monocle in Eve say “Hi!” (As I recall, that was met with a less than enthusiastic reception by the players.)

In other words, marketing people are capable of making mistakes, just like any other person.

I think the top hat is way underpriced considering that it’s traditionally associated with rich people. Maybe not $60 much but maybe an achievement reward for having 10,000 gold in your bank?

In other words, you think the marketing people made a mistake by underpricing it. ^^

The top hat yes. 350 gems correlates to around a cup of coffee in real life.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The top hat yes. 350 gems correlates to around a cup of coffee in real life.

Thank you for confirming my point that marketing people can and do make mistakes in pricing items to sell.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

Well atm the bandit sniper outfits not showing on my Tp home page – hopefully there is more promising news to come.

Baldur [SL]

(edited by zorokai.1486)

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Bundles are not in Home page. You can find bundles in Promotions page and Style page.
Enjoy shopping.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m really hoping outfits from now on aren’t always going to come in a bundle with glider skins for 2850 gems.

zorokai.1486

Bundles are not in Home page. You can find bundles in Promotions page and Style page.
Enjoy shopping.

yea no thanks – rather them split up bundles than hide them. Putting a band aid on the wound does little to help the deep cut the bundle has caused.

Appreciate people keep the trolls to themselves and keep this thread user friendly.

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: Temujin.7356

Temujin.7356

Good points. HEY ANET! Wintersday is a perfect time to sell ALL outfits for 50% off and throw in a Paragon & Dervish Outfit as well. I don’t like the way we are forced to pay 2000 gems for a bundle with an outfit I really want but with the glider makeover kit and skins I really don’t want. Are we changing the gaming experience Guild Wars 1 was based on? We had bonus mission packs, outfits & box sets that cost less. And then you make it unavailable for sale at times? I think people are starting to get annoyed or maybe even upset.

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

I really don’t think they will keep the bundles. It has to be known by them by now it was a huge mistake. It’s basically unfair, just for the sake of forcing people who don’t have HOT to buy glider skins? They will fix it guys, I have faith.

Posted by: Lockheart.4312

Lockheart.4312

I was ready willing and able to buy that new outfit. But as is, I don’t like being told “ohh no, its a bundle. You should spend over 20 dollars in gems to get this one.”

Krew.3081

I was ready willing and able to buy that new outfit. But as is, I don’t like being told “ohh no, its a bundle. You should spend over 20 dollars in gems to get this one.”

I agree! I think lots of people are going to be willing to buy the outfit OR glider if they release it separately. I really hope they do, I have so much respect for this company and game. I’m holding out and thinking it was a mistake that will be fixed.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

We need to work together on this. Be strong and be patient. If you are unhappy with the bundle options, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. The more people who give in to this tactic, the more Anet will think it is a success and do it again. They need to understand that we will not accept this kind of crap.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Alin.2468

A few players may cry on forums, but facts are an actual proof.
Shadow Dye is still dropping in price. This means players buy the bundle, therefore it’s a success.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Rin.1046

Shadow Dye is still dropping in price. This means players buy the bundle, therefore it’s a success.

Shadow dyes have been out for a while now, so there will be a natural downward progression anyway. Unless the drop has taken a noticable dip in line with the release of the bundle, there is not way to conclusively determine if the drop in shadow dye price is due to the bundle.

Of course, I know that many people are weak willed and/or impatient, and Anet relies on that fact too. So the bundle has no doubt made them a lot of money. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us should just give in and buy it. For every player that doesn’t buy it that is profit that Anet doesn’t gain, but could if they just split the items up.

Simplicity is complex.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Actually, whether or not something sells is not proof of success. Proof of success is if it meets or exceeds projected sales.

If you put out a product and you expect to sell 2 million but only sell one million then that product did not meet expectations and you should reconsider it. Either the price is wrong or the product is unwanted but either way it’s not a success.

Someone may look at your sales and say you sold one million and therefore it’s a success but in relative terms you lost money because you did not capture the other million sales you were expecting to get.

One way for us to judge if a new item is being eagerly bought is by the price of gold to gems. New, hot items spike the gem price higher as people trade their gold for gems to buy the item.

Here is the gem graph to look at. Gems graph

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Actually, whether or not something sells is not proof of success. Proof of success is if it meets or exceeds projected sales.

If you put out a product and you expect to sell 2 million but only sell one million then that product did not meet expectations and you should reconsider it. Either the price is wrong or the product is unwanted but either way it’s not a success.

Someone may look at your sales and say you sold one million and therefore it’s a success but in relative terms you lost money because you did not capture the other million sales you were expecting to get.

Not only that, but how something affects future sales as well. When your sales are consistently sliding rather than growing, you’re doing something wrong.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

We really need to start seeing some red post into this thread. Not one that just says “Oh we’ll look into it” and two months later nothing happening. I’d really like some statement, some explanation why they thought these bundles were an excellent idea to put into the gemstore other than “GIVE US MONEY”.

I’m not about to let this thread die out either, not until there is an official statement of Anet what their plans are for the current bundles and future outfits to be released. It’s time to reveal if stuff like this is what you have planned for the future of this game, if this money-grabbing F2P business model is really what you want to chase after. And please, do not say “It’s just comsetics so we think it’s fine”. The whole end-game is based on collecting cosmetics so in GW2s case it’s no excuse.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

We really need to start seeing some red post into this thread. Not one that just says “Oh we’ll look into it” and two months later nothing happening. I’d really like some statement, some explanation why they thought these bundles were an excellent idea to put into the gemstore other than “GIVE US MONEY”.

I’m not about to let this thread die out either, not until there is an official statement of Anet what their plans are for the current bundles and future outfits to be released. It’s time to reveal if stuff like this is what you have planned for the future of this game, if this money-grabbing F2P business model is really what you want to chase after. And please, do not say “It’s just comsetics so we think it’s fine”. The whole end-game is based on collecting cosmetics so in GW2s case it’s no excuse.

ANet rarely says anything of substance unless they’re trying to sell something. Maybe when they start advertising LS3 we’ll get an answer.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m surprised you even bothered to raise this completely irrelevant point again. How exactly does the bundle’s supposed success have anything to do with people asking for items to be sold separately at their regular price?

You might as well just be honest and say what you really want to say: “I don’t care, stop whining.”

zorokai.1486

some sort okittennowledgement would be nice – at least then we might have some idea as to what anet thinks about this. i mean this has almost reached 5000 views 250 ish replies – this doesnt seem to be a minor issue for the gw2 community.

Hope they take our concerns seriously.
More choice More options!

Baldur [SL]

Krew.3081

Yeah I agree, I was really hoping for a response by now as well. Even if it’s as simple as it’s being discussed or they have no thoughts om the subject.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Don’t worry, in the end the money won’t lie; if the lose money ANet will change it back.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah I agree, I was really hoping for a response by now as well. Even if it’s as simple as it’s being discussed or they have no thoughts om the subject.

They have a response to annoyed customers on the forum that they feel works for them.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

zorokai.1486

They have a response to annoyed customers on the forum that they feel works for them.

Seems about right – other things have been replied to already – shame really. Would be nice if something was done.

Baldur [SL]

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Indeed, some response would be great.

I suppose this thread doesn’t have enough fluff and quaggans though.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

For me…the bundles are HALF the price of the expansion I just bought. I like the glider skins, but I will not be spending half the cost of the entire expansion in order to get one skin.

No thank you.

Krew.3081

Maybe they are just talking to the team that deals with this stuff and that is why we haven’t gotten a response. Stay positive people.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

How would congratulating people for hoarding gold be good for Anet’s business model?

Maybe congratulating them for having earned it, even if they have spent some, or all, of it would work; especially if you included any gold they bought with gems.

But, congratulating them for earning it all in-game and then sitting on it wouldn’t work in their favour.

For that kind of thing to be a possibility, you need a sub game.

Not that I would, particularly, advocate it there, either.

Even in sub games, you need people to spend their gold for a healthy economy.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Just a flesh wound.3589

How would congratulating people for hoarding gold be good for Anet’s business model?

Maybe congratulating them for having earned it, even if they have spent some, or all, of it would work; especially if you included any gold they bought with gems.

But, congratulating them for earning it all in-game and then sitting on it wouldn’t work in their favour.

They have the title, Golden, and 40 achievement points for having 200 gold at one time. At the start of the game that was an enormous amount for me (and probably everyone else). 10,000 gold isn’t a huge amount now for some people. Some are very rich.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Tigaseye.2047

They have the title, Golden, for getting 200 gold. At the start of the game that was an enormous amount for me (and probably everyone else). 10,000 gold isn’t a huge amount now for some people. Some are very rich.

Well, a title for 200g is one thing – they don’t sell titles in the gemstore.

Something like a tophat (when they do sell cosmetic items, like hats) for 10,000g sitting in your bank, unspent, is another.

I’m not saying they would never do something like that, but the point is that it actually works against their business model to do it, if you think about it.

So, if they did do it, it would be despite that.

ETA: I just saw I said “for that to be a possibility” in my last post.

So, I can see how that would seem like I was saying that.

Maybe change that to “for that to not go against a game’s business model”.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Krew.3081

Lets stay on topic here guys, please.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Maybe they are just talking to the team that deals with this stuff and that is why we haven’t gotten a response. Stay positive people.

The only thing I’m positive about is that this is the future of GW2 armor.

Sets will be added every 6-8 months or so, one or two at a time and every new outfit is going to come as part of some bloated “appearance pack” until we can finally collect every Immortal weapon and have more gliders than we could ever want.

There are 16 Immortal weapons, 2 packs down, 14 to go…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Tigaseye.2047

Of course, I know that many people are weak willed and/or impatient, and Anet relies on that fact too.

Or they want more than one thing in the bundle, so it seems like an OK deal to them.

The problem is not so much bundling, as bundling being the only option.

Krew.3081

Maybe, hopefully they will respond by Monday and give us an official word on something.

Rin.1046

Or they want more than one thing in the bundle, so it seems like an OK deal to them.

The problem is not so much bundling, as bundling being the only option.

Yes, of course there will be some who want most or all of the items in the bundle, and that is perfectly fine. Those people are not contributing to the problem. The ones contributing to the problem, are those who only want one or two items from the bundle, but get it anyway because they are impatient.

And I agree completely that the problem is that there is only the bundle option.

Simplicity is complex.

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

You know there won’t be any answer on this forum. The only answer we will have is in the gem store : either they will introduce each item separately (implicitly recognising their mistake), or next sale will be another bundle.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

some sort okittennowledgement would be nice – at least then we might have some idea as to what anet thinks about this. i mean this has almost reached 5000 views 250 ish replies – this doesnt seem to be a minor issue for the gw2 community.

ANet almost never responds directly to posts like this, for good reasons (and maybe some bad ones).

Plus, you can’t tell how the community think about this — only about how many people on the forums are responding — mention SAB and you get tons of hits, too, but that’s only interesting to a tiny-but-passionate group (relative to the vast community).

Finally, ANet has demonstrated time & again that they read posts like this (even if they don’t respond). They don’t always agree with the community about the issue or whether its urgent to address.

For the record, I also wish ANet would offer things outside of bundles: I might purchase the outfit or the glider skin; I absolutely don’t want any of the bundles they have offered so far: too expensive and includes stuff I don’t want.

I have nothing against ANet offering bundles — that’s a good way to generate sales. I just think they should also offer items individually.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

zorokai.1486

ANet almost never responds directly to posts like this, for good reasons (and maybe some bad ones).

Plus, you can’t tell how the community think about this — only about how many people on the forums are responding — mention SAB and you get tons of hits, too, but that’s only interesting to a tiny-but-passionate group (relative to the vast community).

Finally, ANet has demonstrated time & again that they read posts like this (even if they don’t respond). They don’t always agree with the community about the issue or whether its urgent to address.

For the record, I also wish ANet would offer things outside of bundles: I might purchase the outfit or the glider skin; I absolutely don’t want any of the bundles they have offered so far: too expensive and includes stuff I don’t want.

I have nothing against ANet offering bundles — that’s a good way to generate sales. I just think they should also offer items individually.

Yea im pretty positive there wont be a reply, but still the bundles as the only option is just silly.

Not much we players can do but hope the next set is not shoved out as a single bundle only.

To think that is what I have ended up looking forwards to instead of what actually might be the next glider skin or outfit is rather depressing lol.

Baldur [SL]

(edited by zorokai.1486)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The two starter bundles made sense to me. These latest outfit/skin/dye combos, not so much. Making a bundle out of existing items that are themed I can see but items that are currently exclusive only to a bundle, no, that’s torturing the poor OCD collector to come up with significantly more gems and if they can’t complete their collection before it disappears, then you will lose them as a player. It happened with mini collectors.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

They have the title, Golden, and 40 achievement points for having 200 gold at one time. At the start of the game that was an enormous amount for me (and probably everyone else). 10,000 gold isn’t a huge amount now for some people. Some are very rich.

The idea behind the achievement reward would be communicating wealth. But since there’s already a tophat in the gemstore it wouldn’t be a good idea to take away the reward and gate it behind something else. Maybe a metallic top hat or something?

It’s good we have some achievement based armors like the illuminated set, but more for more things would be cool. Or maybe a royal outfit for achieving that much gold?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Each of the outfit bundles that has been released has included one token for acquiring a single skin from the Immortal Weapons skins set.

There are 16 different types of weapons.

It would not surprise me if they have another 14 outfits and glider types already in process, all with the aim of being released in these overpriced bundles.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Each of the outfit bundles that has been released has included one token for acquiring a single skin from the Immortal Weapons skins set.

It would not surprise me if they have another 14 outfits and glider types already in process, all with the aim of being released in these overpriced bundles.

I fear that you are right about that… I really want a different glider, but if they are gonna be exclusive to more bundles I wont be getting them, as I cannot justify it with wanting only that one item and not the others. Guess I will have to make do with the boring basic glider for a very long time still…

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I fear that you are right about that… I really want a different glider, but if they are gonna be exclusive to more bundles I wont be getting them, as I cannot justify it with wanting only that one item and not the others. Guess I will have to make do with the boring basic glider for a very long time still…

The exalted glider as well as the wings were released as solo pieces but it does look grim.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

We need to work together on this. Be strong and be patient. If you are unhappy with the bundle options, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. The more people who give in to this tactic, the more Anet will think it is a success and do it again. They need to understand that we will not accept this kind of crap.

I feel the exact same way about people who buy outfits… which are just locked bundles of armor pieces…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

We’re all doomed. RIP Gem store. Sad thing is they don’t even raise the quality of the outfits.
I can’t hide outfit helmet and show armor helmet with outfit like GW1, can’t hide gloves like older outfits, can’t hide shoulders. We’ll never be able to hide feet so people who spend 2000g+ to hide feet with impossibly rare Invisible Stompers can’t enjoy it with outfit. Can’t mix it with anything at all. There’s just no respect for value here~ I have 0 interest in the other items so I’m getting an Outfit that isn’t at the best quality it could be for triple the price. Quadruple the price if it wasn’t on it’s fake 30% sale.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Krew.3081

Well, as most of us don’t agree with the bundle, I just don’t understand why they are forcing people to buy all this stuff together. What if someone doesn’t have the expansion? They are forced to buy a glider even though they want the outfit? I really wish we could get some type okittennowledgement here. =/

Alin.2468

I liked all bundles so far. I love it when prices drop, and this bandit outfit is so awesome. Thank you ArenaNet; keep up the great work for bundles.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I like the heart of thorns glider, so not going to get any bundle with a glider in it, would be nice to have them separated later, i’m patient.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Tigaseye.2047

I feel the exact same way about people who buy outfits… which are just locked bundles of armor pieces…

Well, you may feel that way, but it’s not actually the same.

People, genuinely, feel they “need” outfits for levelling in, for example.

The number of transmutation charges, for every new armour piece, would obviously be be ridiculous from 1 – 80.

Whereas, the argument here, is that no one actually wants/needs one item, from this bundle, so much that it is worth buying several others they don’t want at all.

Although, I would still not blame the customer, personally…

Obviously, it doesn’t help, if customers do that, but the fault still (predominantly) lies with Anet and their decision to not provide options, here.

Shame the weapons skins aren’t resellable, actually.

Then, if people wanted the glider and/or the outfit (as I think quite a lot do), but not the weapon, it might seem worth buying the bundle for them.

Especially as they can also sell any dyes they don’t need; perhaps for quite a lot, if they get reasonably lucky.

But, I guess that would mean a few less (i.e. people who only wanted the weapon) would buy the bundle?

Would be interesting to know which made Anet the most sales, actually…

Allowing people to sell the weapon skin on, so they were more likely to buy the bundle, if they didn’t want the skin?

Or not allowing them to, so a few more people, who only wanted the weapon skin, would buy the bundle?

…and whether, even if a few more bought the bundle just for the weapon skin, that would otherwise be outweighed by gold bought for TP purchases of the weapon skin?

Of course, they could also do the same with the outfits and the gliders if they wanted to; but there isn’t already a precedence for selling them (unlike weapon skins)

The upside here is that people, who still need the shadow dyes, can get some of them from the bundle and/or buy them from the TP for a bit (or quite a lot) less, ATM.

Probably not much of a consolation for most of you guys, but quite possibly relatively good news for newer players.

Especially those who also want a couple of the other items from the bundle.

zorokai.1486

Totally forgot not everyone has Hots yet – so these bundles are even worse than anticipated.

Like someone mentioned earlier, if they dont have Hots the glider skins are just useless to them. I thought the Hots players had it bad, gotta feel for those without Hots.

Baldur [SL]